• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Yeah Aus' minimum wage is around $15.96 an hour. I know 13 year olds on at least 14 an hour, so it makes sense everything would be double the price. Still seems ridiculous to spend $150 bucks on the new AC collectors edition though.

Years
I thought a lot of the increase in cost in Australia versus other countries is the post-production violence editing that's required by law there for games.

Though it could simply be a matter of Australia's market size being too small to sell them any cheaper and still make a "worthwhile" profit.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Apparently they're bringing out an R18+ rating for games in Aus now, but I've heard that same story at least 5 times over a couple of years. It'd be great if it happened though because the violence in games here is too damn low. :(

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Also consider that Australian games belong in the PAL region, which means extra translation and shipping costs. Games are already more expensive in Europe than in the US, so of course they are going to be even worse in Australia.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Thus why I compared prices with digital copies... no shipping required for digital, right?

As for PAL version... hey asia is also PAL but you don't see the same price hike like that =(

Ivysaur

Years
Thus why I compared prices with digital copies... no shipping required for digital, right?

As for PAL version... hey asia is also PAL but you don't see the same price hike like that =(

Japan and Korea are NTSC, and I don't really know about the prices of videogames in any other Asian countries to compare XD

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
England's minimum wage is pretty sucky next to some of you guys'. Fortunately though any job I've had in recent years has been above it anyway so it doesn't bother me too much but still... damn. My heart flipped over when I realised how much more I could be making if I worked in Australia with your giant minimum wage. @_@

Morkula said:
Yeah, Australian minimum wage is ridiculous, especially compared to the US. Our minimum wage ($7.25) is really low in comparison to a lot of other countries.

That's pretty bad even by English standards - our minimum wage for 21 year olds translates to almost $10.

direct.gov.uk said:
There are different levels of NMW, depending on your age and whether you are an apprentice. The current rates (from 1 October 2012) are:
• £6.19 - the main rate for workers aged 21 and over
• £4.98 - the 18-20 rate
• £3.68 - the 16-17 rate for workers above school leaving age but under 18
• £2.65 - the apprentice rate, for apprentices under 19 or 19 or over and in the first year of their apprenticeship
If you are of compulsory school age you are not entitled to the NMW. Some of your other employment rights are also different.
Past NMW rates can be viewed on the Low Pay Commission website.

Apprentice rates are pretty awful though. As is more or less anything under 21 years of age.

england country is best country stfu with your fact-based opinions and well thought-out arguments i win anyways

how to win all arguments in this section ever

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
England's minimum wage is pretty sucky next to some of you guys'. Fortunately though any job I've had in recent years has been above it anyway so it doesn't bother me too much but still... damn. My heart flipped over when I realised how much more I could be making if I worked in Australia with your giant minimum wage. @_@

That's pretty bad even by English standards - our minimum wage for 21 year olds translates to almost $10.
I was born in Manchester, UK, actually. When I moved here I noticed the difference betweeen minimum wages was substantial ahah, but it works out about the same because we're paying far more for things. Even groceries are ridiculously overpriced compared to everywhere else I've been.

Ivysaur

Years
When I went to London, I was surprised to know that the price of my monthly all-you-can-travel bus &metro pass here in Madrid would only allow me to use an Oyster card for four days XD

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
When I went to London, I was surprised to know that the price of my monthly all-you-can-travel bus &metro pass here in Madrid would only allow me to use an Oyster card for four days XD
BUSES ARE HORRIBLE. A student ticket is like $10.50 and you get 10 trips.

Ivysaur

Years
Oh! That sounds better than our regular 10-trip bus ticket, which costs €12.20 XD Around $15. No discounts! That's why I just go for the monthly pass unless I'm going to be out for weeks.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Wow, that's ridiculous. Are buses as unreliable in Spain as they are in Aus? Constantly late, if they even show up.

Ivysaur

Years
Wow, that's ridiculous. Are buses as unreliable in Spain as they are in Aus? Constantly late, if they even show up.

Oh no, here you know something is very wrong somewhere if they don't show up- the green ones at their scheduled times and the blue ones every 5-10 minutes depending on the time and the day. And there are over 300 lines crossing the city so chances are at least one is going to take you to where you want to go.

Metro is faster mostly because of avoiding traffic lights and possible jams, though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Every time I go to Bristol it is like.. one trip is 1.90 quid : | Day pass is more worth it even though it is 4 pounds. If you gotta take a trip there and back somewhere it is about the same >_> craziness.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Every time I go to Bristol it is like.. one trip is 1.90 quid : | Day pass is more worth it even though it is 4 pounds. If you gotta take a trip there and back somewhere it is about the same >_> craziness.
Should just do what I do and teleport everywhere, it's so much cheaper and quicker.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
I'm so glad I've got a bus pass at Uni. Twice a day at least plus nights out, going into town, etc., I have to use busses and they're at least £1.10 a shot. Seems like not too much but it really adds up and since this place is massive there are always queues and stuff to get on busses and it's much quicker to just flash your bus pass than it is to get the right change and get the ticket and etc. Plus the drivers are always really grumpy lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back