The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 5th, 2012 (09:24 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Black 2 and White 2 both are compatible with the original Black/White. Black 2 is compatible with both Black/White and the same applies to White 2.

In terms of storyline, Black 2 continues where Black left off and White 2 continues where White left off. This is evidenced by the fact that N used Zekrom in the original Black and Reshiram in the original White to fight the player. In Black 2, N uses Zekrom to save the player from Ghetsis; in White 2, he uses Reshiram instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~RNC~ View Post
My jap 2's work with my 1's so yes they will work!!

Getting mixed results. I have white 1. If I get black 2, Will the storyline continue?
Old October 5th, 2012 (09:28 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Getting mixed results. I have white 1. If I get black 2, Will the storyline continue?
The story continues regardless of what version you chose; the only differences between both Black 2 and White 2 are the dragon that N uses to save the player, the dragon that's fused to Kyurem, the version exclusives, Easy/Challenge Mode and Black City/White Forest.

Old October 5th, 2012 (09:48 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Quote:
The story continues regardless of what version you chose; the only differences between both Black 2 and White 2 are the dragon that N uses to save the player, the dragon that's fused to Kyurem, the version exclusives, Easy/Challenge Mode and Black City/White Forest.
then challenge mode will be attached to Black correct?
Old October 5th, 2012 (09:53 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
then challenge mode will be attached to Black correct?
Yes, that's right; Black 2 has Challenge Mode; White 2 has Easy Mode. If you want Easy Mode in Black 2, you must use Unova Link with a White 2 game that already beat the E4 the first time.

Old October 5th, 2012 (10:22 PM).
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
So wait...

I just went on Bulbapedia's article for B/W2 and it said 1-4 Players Simutaneously what exactly does that mean? Does this mean B/W2 has Co-Op features (I doubt it) O_o
Old October 5th, 2012 (10:51 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
So wait...

I just went on Bulbapedia's article for B/W2 and it said 1-4 Players Simutaneously what exactly does that mean? Does this mean B/W2 has Co-Op features (I doubt it) O_o
I'm assuming that up to 4 players can connect their B2/W2 games physically because in the original B/W, it's possible to battle against 3 other people in Multi-battle mode.

Old October 6th, 2012 (01:03 PM).
Ciesla
Unhatched Egg

Hello, i just wanted to know if my calculations for EV training is correct.

I want to EV train my Scyther for this: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD

He has pokerus and will be holding a macho brace.
---

For HP, i have to fight 31 Stunfisks (2 EVs each)

For Attack, i have to fight 63 patrats (1 EV each)

For speed, i have to fight 1 Basculin.

Are my calculations correct for this? I am a first time EV trainer. And also, should I level my Scyther to a Scizor before ev training or does it not matter? Thanks in advance!

Diamond FC: 4983-1406-0558
Old October 6th, 2012 (01:13 PM).
Kishijoten
CEO of trouble making~
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Modest
Just a quick question! is pokemon black and white 2 still using the poketransfer to transfer pokemon from old gens?

>Current happiness level<
Low/Somewhat happy/Maxed out
My Pokemon White 2 FC: 4943-3337-1645
Art by: Midori Chi
Old October 6th, 2012 (01:29 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciesla View Post
Hello, i just wanted to know if my calculations for EV training is correct.

I want to EV train my Scyther for this: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD

He has pokerus and will be holding a macho brace.
---

For HP, i have to fight 31 Stunfisks (2 EVs each)

For Attack, i have to fight 63 patrats (1 EV each)

For speed, i have to fight 1 Basculin.

Are my calculations correct for this? I am a first time EV trainer. And also, should I level my Scyther to a Scizor before ev training or does it not matter? Thanks in advance!
It might be a better idea to evolve Scyther into Scizor, since Scyther is weak to Stunfisk's Electric moves

Your EV calcs are correct, but you got the Speed and Special Defense abbreviations mixed up. "Spe" is used for Speed; "SpD" is used for Special Defense. And in that case, you'll have to fight 2 Frillish for your last 8 Special Defense EVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishijoten View Post
Just a quick question! is pokemon black and white 2 still using the poketransfer to transfer pokemon from old gens?
Yes, the Poke Transfer is still available in B2/W2. Like before, you must have the National Dex to access it.

Old October 6th, 2012 (01:35 PM).
Ciesla
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
It might be a better idea to evolve Scyther into Scizor, since Scyther is weak to Stunfisk's Electric moves
Oh, is that the only benefit then? I thought perhaps a pokemon gets better stats or something if they are leveled early.

Old October 6th, 2012 (01:41 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Oh, is that the only benefit then? I thought perhaps a pokemon gets better stats or something if they are leveled early.
Regarding your last post: You don't level up Scyther to evolve it into Scizor; you must have it hold a Metal Coat and trade it with someone else. After that, you can trade it back.

And yes, it's true that Pokemon do get better stats when they evolve, but in Scyther's case when it evolves into Scizor, it gains some Attack and Defense and loses some Speed. Its other stats stay the same.

Like I said before, the reason why I suggested evolving Scyther into Scizor is because of Scyther's weakness to Stunfisk's Electric moves. To add, Scizor's lesser Speed compared to Scyther can easily be compensated for by its excellent defensive typing.

Old October 6th, 2012 (03:50 PM). Edited October 6th, 2012 by Ciesla.
Ciesla
Unhatched Egg

Thanks for the amazing responses.

One more question: If I start the battle with my Scyther (with macho brace/pokerus), and then swap and defeat the target with my other pokemon, will Scyther still get the full EV's with the bonus of macho/pokerus included?

Because I just defeated 31 stunfisks by swapping out scyther and having someone else beat him. So did Scyther gain 0 EV's from all that?? He was holding a machobrace w/ pokerus.

Old October 6th, 2012 (05:13 PM).
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote:
Thanks for the amazing responses.

One more question: If I start the battle with my Scyther (with macho brace/pokerus), and then swap and defeat the target with my other pokemon, will Scyther still get the full EV's with the bonus of macho/pokerus included?

Because I just defeated 31 stunfisks by swapping out scyther and having someone else beat him. So did Scyther gain 0 EV's from all that?? He was holding a machobrace w/ pokerus.
No. When a pokemon battles, it gains the full amount of EV's. They arent split up like the Exp is.
Old October 6th, 2012 (05:27 PM).
Ciesla
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon. View Post
No. When a pokemon battles, it gains the full amount of EV's. They arent split up like the Exp is.
Can you be more clear in your answer? No to what?

And this is what someone said in another thread on the same topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I just double-checked this per Bulbapedia and it seems I may be wrong.

"Unlike experience points, which are reduced when multiple Pokémon are receiving experience, effort points are awarded equally to all Pokémon who participated in defeating a Pokémon."

Anyone want to confirm this detail? I thought only the Pokémon completing the battle got the EVs.

Cyclone

Old October 6th, 2012 (05:32 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
If two Pokemon battle against say a Venusaur, then both get 2 Special Attack and 1 Special Defense EV.

EXP Share splits the EXP gained between holder and battler. Since EXP Share treats the holder as a part of the battle they will also gain the EV's from battle, but none of the EVs split.

If you battle a Pokemon that give 2, then the two Pokemon will each gain 2 and not one each.

EV training is very hard the first time you try. Its really not as complicated as it seems. It took me a while to understand all this as well. Its basically, just accept it and it all clicks.
Old October 6th, 2012 (05:49 PM).
kingofbluesteel
Pirate

Nature: Quirky
i was wondering, what happiness azul has to be to grow into marill?like will it be possible to go from azul to marill before lv 18?
Old October 6th, 2012 (05:52 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbluesteel View Post
i was wondering, what happiness azul has to be to grow into marill?like will it be possible to go from azul to marill before lv 18?
Yes, it's possible to get Azurill to evolve into Marill before level 18 if you get its happiness high enough.

Old October 6th, 2012 (05:57 PM).
Khrysta

All Pokemon that Evolve by Happiness need a Happiness score of 220 to Evolve. Each Pokemon has a Base Happiness Value and you can raise or lower it in various ways.

Possible if you are dedicated to trying to do that before that level, but it will be tedious. You'd spend a great amount of time doing nothing at all to raise its Happiness without leveling it up.
Old October 6th, 2012 (07:04 PM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofbluesteel View Post
What I do and what I suggest is to find a city or a town and run for a LONG time. Like, long, take 30 minutes to do it. It's well worth it if you want it to evolve at a certain point.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old October 7th, 2012 (06:21 AM).
Dechuri
Unhatched Egg

Um could some one clear up to me is the player the same from black one? or is it another kid in black 2?
Old October 7th, 2012 (06:24 AM).
Khrysta

New boy and new girl. Old PCs are gone.
Old October 7th, 2012 (06:44 AM).
Dechuri
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
New boy and new girl. Old PCs are gone.
wait wait so what happened to the old player O.o did he die in some horrible accident?
Old October 7th, 2012 (08:51 AM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dechuri View Post
wait wait so what happened to the old player O.o did he die in some horrible accident?
They went out to search for N.
Please remember guys that this isn't a discussion thread.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old October 7th, 2012 (03:07 PM).
GardevoirxGalladeForever
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Is there any possible way to get Victini without connecting to B/W? If so please tell me when an event is, if not, may I have an AR code for a Victini event for White?
Old October 7th, 2012 (03:27 PM).
Dechuri
Unhatched Egg

i saw some mareep in floccesy ranch and it says theres a 5% chance of finding them is this be for the national pokedex?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links