• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Bowl '12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I am quiting this challenge.
My save file got corrupted when defeated Elesa and I don't want to satrt again.

TrollShammy80

Loved all Pokemon Since 98'
Years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cV8u38YArw&feature=plcp

It's Game 2 of 13...
Team Angel vs Team Roxie

Will Team Angel be victorious? Watch this video and find out :)

Team:
Elana (Prinplup) Level 19 -Star Player-
Bubblebeam
Peck
Metal Claw
Icy Wind

Xavi (Staravia) Level 19 -Mascot-
Wing Attack
Quick Attack
Double Team
Steel Wing

Matt (Yanma) Level 20 (Band)
Tackle
SonicBoom
Quick Attack
Foresight

(Matt will get his Sound/Marching Moves soon)

Roshu (Pachirisu) Level 18 (Fan)
Charge Beam
Spark
Quick Attack
Endure

Mephiss (Pignite) Level 19 (Sponser)
Tackle
Tail Whip
Flame Charge
Arm Thrust

Bob III

Person
Years
Day 3:
Trained WBFS to Quagsire
Defeated Whitney on first try (3-0)

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
I'm going to change my sponsor to Chandelure. I think it should accompany my team well, plus what rich person doesn't own a chandelier? They give money to us! (bad excuse I know).

So here's my team
508.gif
121.gif
430.gif
609.gif
181.gif
560.gif

Star Player/ Cheerleader/ Mascot/ Sponsor/ Band/ Fan​

11wildy

Me!
Years
I got a question: I lost the third gym, after using up my 3 items. If I rechallenge so I can continue, am I allowed to use any amount of items? Since I can win easily with more Parlyz heals.. :P

Edit: I beat Wattson now, continued to verdanturf to catch myself a Zangoose!! ALL FEAR THE MIGHTY SLASHY!! Then we did some training, and challenged Flannery! The battle came down to Zangoose using swords dance twice, Then Slashing everything. Torkoal lived though, which was finished of by Vigoroth shortly after. Then I came to the shocking discovery that Loudred is able to learn Overheatt O_O

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Update #1

-Named the character Robin, a player from Manchester United FC
-Got Dark the Totodile fan
-Met my Rival Krad and beat him
-Hacked in most of my team, leaving the Extremespeed Dragonite when I get to Blackthorn City
-Went though Sport Tower and got Flash
-Beat Falkner easyly with my star player: Season 1-0
-Went though Slowpokes Well and beat Team Rocket
-Beat Bugsy easyly with my Mascot: Season 2-0
-Beat Krad once again
-Got Cut
-Beat Whitney with my own Milktank: Season 3-0
-Made it to Ecruteak City and stopping their

Team:
pokemoncrystal.png
Fan
pokemoncrystal1.png
Star player
pokemoncrystal2.png
Mascot
pokemoncrystal3.png
Band
pokemoncrystal4.png
Cheerleader

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I got a question: I lost the third gym, after using up my 3 items. If I rechallenge so I can continue, am I allowed to use any amount of items? Since I can win easily with more Parlyz heals..

It's still 3 items, even in the rematches.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I got a question: I lost the third gym, after using up my 3 items. If I rechallenge so I can continue, am I allowed to use any amount of items? Since I can win easily with more Parlyz heals..

It's still 3 items, even in the rematches.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Ohh Syd, that was a double post! And yeah, I did it on my third try, since I lucked out with some misses from Sonicboom before. I now arrived at the league, without losing to any gym leaders. Norman was taken down by Vigoroth, using Yawn and Slack off constantly while using Fury Swipes for damage. Winona was taken down by Kecleons Boltbeam combo, while tate and Liza couldn't withstand Linoone's Shadow ball and Zangoose's Fury Cutter.

Pre-league team:

295.gif

-Uproar
-Blizzard
-Astonish
-Fire Blast

277.gif

-Fly
-Steel Wing
-Secret Power
-Double Team

335.gif

-Slash
-Aerial Ace
-Brick Break
-Swords Dance

264.gif

-Strenght
-Shadow Ball
-Tail Whip
-Growl

289.gif

-Strenght
-Swagger
-Earthquake
-Counter

352.gif

-Facade
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Psybeam

Win:Loss ratio: 7-1

It doesn't even matter if I win against the E4 first time, I still win the total games ^^. Time for the Elite Four now. I just dashed in without realising I can only use three items per battle. I will probably lose my first try. And since I can't save inbetween... O_O Oh well, if I lose I can grind and I will still have beaten the challenge with a 7-6 score!

Edit:
I beat Sidney with a swords dance/Brick break Zangoose sweep, so the score is at 8-1!
Then I beat Phoebe with a miracle! Swellows Focus band activated TWICE in a row against Dusclops' Ice Beam, allowing for the KO. It even got frozen and defrost immediatly. 9-1
I thought glacia would become a real challenge, but once again Swords Dance and Brick break saved the day, KOing everything in one hit, except for Walrein, which was taken down with a Thunderbolt from Kecleon. 10-1
After that, Drake got swept by Kecleon's Ice beam and Exploud's Blizzard. With no troubles at all. So for I used only one item during battle, one Hyper potion for Zangoose. 11-1

But do I really need to do the whole Elite Four over if I fail the last battle? :x

Battle log against Steven:
Skarmory VS Kecleon:
Kecleon uses Thunderbolt, while Skarmory using Toxic. Repeat using Thunderbolt, while Skarmory sets up Spikes. Skarmory dies to Thunderbolt, while Kecleon dies to poison.

Claydol VS Linoone:
Linoone uses Double team, Claydol uses Earthquake. (2x)
Linoone got healed by a Max Potion, Claydol misses.
Linoone keeps using Shadow ball, while Claydol hits 2 Earthquakes in total and puts up Reflect, leaving Linoone at 1 HP.
Claydol dies to Shadow ball.

Aggron VS Linoone:
Linoone uses Tail Whip, Aggron hits with Thunder.

Aggron VS Slaking:
Both Pokemon use Earthquake, Aggron lives because of the Reflect Claydol put up. Then Slaking slacks off, while Aggron hits Thunder. Slaking then kills Aggron with earthquake.

Cradily VS Slaking
Switch to Swellow.

Cradily VS Swellow
Swellow uses Steel wing, Cradily kills with Ancientpower.

Cradily VS Exploud
Exploud misses Blizzard, Cradily does a lot of damage with Sludge bomb. Use a Full restore on Exploud, while Cradily uses Ancientpower. Another Blizzard takes Cradily into the red health, Exploud gets confused by Confuse Ray. Steven uses Full restore, Exploud hurt itself. Exploud then misses another Blizzard, Cradily hits Giga drain. Then Exploud hits his last Blizzard, while Cradily KOs using Ancientpower.

Cradily VS Zangoose
Zangoose uses Swords Dance, Cradily hits with Giga drain. Zangoose then gets a critical hit Brick break, which finishes of Cradily.

Armaldo VS Zangoose
Zangoose uses Brick breake, then dies to Ancientpower.

Armaldo VS Slaking
Slaking uses Swagger, but everything fails and Armaldo KOs with Ancientpower.

I lost. I saved just before Steven, but if I need to do the whole Elite four again, just tell me, I'll do it somewhere next week, after I grinded to level 65 or so. If I can restart just before Steven, I will use my 4 Rare Candies, then try again until I make it.

Final score: 11-2

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Just lost to Whitney... Record: 2-1...

I'll put my team in when I beat 4th gym.

Bob III

Person
Years
Day 4:
Got to Ecruteak, using the squirtbottle
Defeated rival in burned tower
Bob IV evolved into Feraligatr
Defeated Morty using Bite (4-0)
Went back to Union Cave and caught a Goldeen named Unicorn
Got to Olvine city and received the old rod
Fought through to Lighthouse to Jasmine
Caught a Staryu named Laserbeam

Day 5:
Trained Laserbeam and Unicorn each to level 28
Went to Cianwood to get Medicine
While there, defeated Chuck (5-0)
Came back to Olvine and delivered medicine
Trained WBFS up a level to learn Earthquake
Defeated all of Jasmine's Pokemon with earthquake (6-0)

Team:
Spoiler:

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Challenge Bowl 12

Team
239.gif
(Star Player) lv. 23
- Quick Attack
- Leer
- Shock Wave
- Low Kick

478.gif
(Cheer Leader) lv. 21
- Powder Snow
- Icy Wind
- Confuse Ray
- Astonish

256.gif
(Sponsor) lv. 25
- Scratch
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Ember

Progress
+ Trained at the outskirts of Pin Wheel Forest
+ Beat Lenora
+ Beat N at Nacrene

Lately I have been doing a bit of training and haven't had much time to play, so right now I am going to head forward finally into Pin Wheel to face Plasma as they kidnapped Dragonite skeleton head.

Season Score: 2-0

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
Update #2

-Beat Krad at the Burnt Tower
-Beat Morty with Dark-Moves 4-0
-Beat Chuck at Cianwood 5-0
-Beat Jasmine at Olvine 6-0
-Beat Pryce at Mahogany 7-0
-Beat Clair at Blackthorn 8-0
-Beat the E4 and Lance in one go 13-0

Team:
pokemoncrystal10.png
Fan
pokemoncrystal6.png
Mascot
pokemoncrystal7.png
Star Player
pokemoncrystal5.png
Band
pokemoncrystal9.png
Sponsor
pokemoncrystal8.png
Cheerleader

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'll update the list later. v_v Here's a small progress update.

Bama! / Smeargle (m) lv. 13
Flame Charge, Psywave

Big Al / Phanpy (m) lv. 13
Take Down, Rollout, other stuff idr

And the season is 1-0 for now. I also have a Pignite named Trent and a Pansage, but I'm not using them anymore. Next party member will help a lot with game 2. Hooooo boy.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Challenge Bowl 12

Team
125.gif
(Star Player) lv. 30
- Quick Attack
- Swift
- Shock Wave
- Low Kick

478.gif
(Cheer Leader) lv. 22
- Powder Snow
- Icy Wind
- Confuse Ray
- Astonish

256.gif
(Sponsor) lv. 31
- Bulk Up
- Double Kick
- Peck
- Ember

Progress
+ Trained in Castelia against the like of the employees of Battle Co. and the three dancers.
+ Had an encounter with Plasma stealing Bianca Munna.
+ Defeated Burgh
+ Defeated Bianca in Route 4 terminal and Cheren on Route 4

Right now I am going to go level up on Route 4 and Desert Resort/Relic Castle area. Then I will head up to Nimbasa to face Elesa and N.

Season Score: 3-0

11wildy

Me!
Years
Can anybody tell me if I need to redo the whole E4 or just the champion, so I can actually finish this? In case of the whole E4, I will grind to level 65 first -.-

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You can't save in front of any of them...lol If you won the first time against the E4 and lost to Alder, your wins against the E4 still count, but you lost your Alder battle so that's still a loss for your season. You can go back and fight them and beat them all if you want after that, but the standings remain the same.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Yeah I understand, but is the challenge considered complete even if I don't beat Steven and the rest of the E4 again? Oh well f it, I'm doing it anyways. Expect me to be done in a few days.. Depending on school.

Bob III

Person
Years
I've realized I won't be able to have the moveset requirements by my first E4 run, do I just need the moves by Red?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I am off to a rusty start, I must admit. I just lost in the first game. Necrum Vs. Cress, loss.

Current score: 0 - 1
Team (After returning to finish Cress off):
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back