• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I am currently on the Quest for 649™.

My Eevee evolved to Espeon recently. I gave it an experience boosting item and got it to the point where it can fight an Audino itself. Or so I thought.

I found out that there is a glitch in my plans for battling using Espeon. At question is the effect of Magic Bounce. Suddenly, an Audino using Heal Pulse on virtually every turn is absolutely BRILLIANT.

I think Espeon will be holding an Exp. Share for a while longer.

Cyclone

Years
So i tried to find a metal coat on Metagross...Took me long enough to find one carrying it, and than guess what...spent 40 ultra balls, 36 dusk, and around 20 timers, until i finally caught it :D

finally got my scizor to level 70, took me one day and a lucky egg....this is going faster than i thought, or i just have good patience...next will be my starmie...Still cracking eggs open for Shiny Charmanders, not sure what to do with the rest of them. Also Caught a shiny clefairy holding a moon stone...what a double whammy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
White: I beat Cheren and caught Team Plasma. Then beat Clay. Not too hard.

Team:
496.gif

SERVINE [Jaroda] Lv34 (M)
Mild Nature @Soothe Bell
-Tackle
-Leaf Blade
-Mega Drain

-Slam
523.gif

ZEBSTRIKA [Bolt] Lv34 (F)
Modest Nature @Rocky Helmet
-Flame Charge
-Thunder Wave
-Stomp
-Spark
530.gif

EXCADRILL [Nyx] Lv34 (M)
Mild Nature @Soft Sand
-Rock Slide
-Strength
-Metal Claw
-Dig
578.gif

DUOSION [Jello] Lv34 (M)
Brave Nature @Amulet Coin
-Psyshock
-Hidden Power
-Future Sight
-Pain Split
564.gif

TIRTOUGA [Raphael] Lv33 (M)
Mild Nature @BlackSunglasses
-Aqua Jet
-Smack Down
-Crunch
-Brine

Team Summary (Better One in Signature)
Spoiler:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Haven't done much in White lately. Get a Keldeo from Gamestop on August 27th like 5 minutes before they were gonna close.
I also took a picture for events to show friends.
Spoiler:

Sorry if the quality is bad, the only way I can take pictures is through my scanner and it doesn't pick up to well.
Rash nature's OK I guess. The "Lovely place" part reminds me of An Owl City song
Here's what the unreadable parts says
Dex No.647
Name Keldeo Lv. 15
Type Water/Fight
OT SMR2012
ID No. 08272
Exp. Points 4218
To Next Lv. 902
Item PP Max

Haven't done the special event for it yet, but I should do that soon.

Spent some time looking for a Jellicent at Driftveil City. I forgot how rare they are. I sort of give up after a while and head to Cold Storage to looking for other Pokemon. Finally caught a Vanillite to add to my Pokedex. I'll admit it's cute, but mainly caught one to fill up my Pokedex. I might end up training it and use it in battles cause I hear it's evolution is useful.

Info
582.gif

Nickname: Vanilla (originally intended to be Vanilla Ice but it's too big with spacing, which looks better)
Lv. 21
Docile nature
Loves to eat. '
Moves
Uproar
Icy Wind
Mist
Avalanche
Stats
Attack 26
Defense 27
Sp.Attack 37
Sp. Defense 32
Speed 28

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I've been playing Black as of lately, and I'm working on a team for the Battle Subway! Hopefully I don't run out of motivation, just been giving the games my love.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
I.Hate.Ghetsis.

I spent hours grinding my pokemon to level 60(Audino can only go so far with exp. when you're over 20 levels higher) and I still struggled with that hacked Hydreigon that KO'd nearly all my team. Thank God for my Samurott's good defense to let me do a Sword's Dance+Revenge combo.

I just had to rant about that.

Years
Hikari's Black Adventure

I was at Cold Storage and while training, I caught this girl:

507.gif

Herdier "Forever" ♀ Lv21
Rash nature
Intimidate
Likes to relax
- Bite
- Helping Hand
- Take Down
- Work Up

Yeah, my own tribute to Nica.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Amyn

Journal:
  • Obtain Neino the Tepig
  • Caught Lilipup & Purrloin

Team:

509.png

Ebisa
the Purrloin Lv. 6

506.png

Loita
the Lilipup Lv. 10

498.png

Neino
the Tepig Lv. 7

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 11, 2012
I'm training to beat the Elite Four second round. I rarely do this(and hate doing it), but I had to box my Swoobat and Zebstrika; they just couldn't keep up late-game. Sigilyph and Galavantula are some of my favorites anyway so it's not too bad, but I had gotten really attached to my cute bat and zebra.

My pokemon are in the low to mid 70s right now. Once I'm finally at the high 70s to low 80s, I'm going to finally beat the Elite Four and Cynthia so I can move on and finish exploring Unova and see how far I get in the dex.

Years
Pokemon White: So, after leaving Driftveil and passing by Route 6, I'd already defeated everyone there. After gaining access because of Clay's help, I explored Chargestone Cave, fighting a ton of Wild Pokemon and trainers. I beat N and ran to Celestial Tower and caught my final team member, Noon the Litwick. Then I went back to the Cave and grinded while searching for a Tynamo for the pokedex. I then explored both Route 7 and the Celestial Tower and ran back to Mistralton City and easily defeated Skyla.

Team:
497.gif

SERPERIOR [Jaroda] Lv40 (M)
Mild Nature @Miracle Seed
-Coil
-Leaf Blade
-Mega Drain

-Slam
523.gif

ZEBSTRIKA [Bolt] Lv40 (F)
Modest Nature @Rocky Helmet
-Flame Charge
-Thunder Wave
-Stomp
-Discharge
530.gif

EXCADRILL [Nyx] Lv40 (M)
Mild Nature @Soft Sand
-Rock Slide
-Strength
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake
578.gif

DUOSION [Jello] Lv39 (M)
Brave Nature @Quick Claw
-Psyshock
-Hidden Power
-Psychic
-Pain Split
565.gif

CARRACOSTA [Raphael] Lv39 (M)
Mild Nature @Scope Lens
-Dig
-Smack Down
-Crunch
-Brine
607.gif

LITWICK [Noon] Lv39 (M)
Serious Nature @Shell Bell
-Will-O-Wisp
-Flame Burst
-Inferno

-Hex

Team Summary (Better One in Signature)
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Amyn

Journal:
  • Obtain Neino the Tepig
  • Caught Lilipup & Purrloin
  • Beat N
  • Beat Crest
  • Caught Tympole
  • Beat N
  • Beat Leonra
  • Defeated Team Plasma
  • Caught Cottonee
  • Defeated Team Plasma
  • Beat Burgh
  • Obtained Plume Fossil
  • Caught Gothita
  • Beat N
  • Beat Elesa
  • Beat Team Plasma
  • Beat Clay
  • Beat N

Team:

575.png

Kauva
the Gothorita Lv. 36

537.png

Rulva
the Seismitoad Lv. 36

546.png

Haryst
the Cottonee Lv. 37

508.png

Loita
the Stoutland Lv. 37

567.png

Ozua
the Archeops Lv. 38

Years
  • Age 23
  • Home
  • Seen Nov 7, 2012
I beat the game it is actually kind of easy in my opinion specially Alder the champion all you need is the right type match ups and he is a breeze.

Years
Been training my team on the route beside Black City, forget which one it is D: but on the first day I decided to train there I found a random shiny Jigglypuff with an Adamant nature and then two days later found another random shiny Jigglypuff with a Jolly nature. The day before the second one I went and got Keldeo from the event. So every day has gotten me at least one rare Pokemon!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Just started pokemon black again, Got my friend to trade me a few pokemon to get me started! :D

498.png

Blaze. Level 8
Tackle.
Ember.
Tail Whip.

529.png

Sand Rush. Level 5.
Scratch.
Mud Sport.
Rapid Spin.

535.png

Hydration. Level 5.
Bubble.
Supersonic.
Growl.

587.png

Static. Level 5.
Thundershock.
Quick attack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Finished the first gym and spent an hour training!

499.png

Blaze. Level 18
Arm Thrust.
Flame Charge.
Defence Curl.
Odor Sleuth.

529.png

Sand Rush. Level 16.
Metal Claw.
Fury Swipes.
Rapid Spin.
Mud Sport.

535.png

Hydration. Level 18.
Bubblebeam.
Supersonic.
Mud Shot.
Round.

587.png

Static. Level 16.
Spark.
Quick Attack
Charge.
Pursuit.

512.png

Gluttony. Level 16.
Vine Whip.
Lick.
Cut.
Leer.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Finished the 5th gym!

500.png

Blaze. Level 36
Arm Thrust.
Flame Charge.
Heat Crash.
Assurance.

530.png

Sand Rush. Level 36.
Dig.
Earthquake.
Slash.
Rock Slide.

537.png

Poison Touch. Level 37.
Muddy Water.
Aqua Ring.
Mud Shot.
Uproar.

633.png

Hustle. Level 35.
Crunch.
Headbutt.
Dragon Pulse.
Roar.

583.png

Ice Body. Level 35.
Ice Beam.
Mirror Shot.
Uproar.
Avalanche.

586.png

Sap Sipper. Level 36.
Jump Kick.
Energy Ball.
Take Down.
Faint Attack.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's amazing how much trouble it can take to collect a held item from a wild Pokémon.

Take for instance my Journal of the Day™: I wandered yesterevening with Scrafty looking for a flock of Solrock, confident that one of them would relinquish itself of the Sun Stone it's holding in short order. Not only were they few and far between, but separate flocks of Grobat and Swellow took their turns driving me up the wall with insanity. It so happens that I didn't find it yesterevening after all.

After a weary sleep at the Pokémon Center, I was up at the crack of dawn - well, maybe a little later - looking again this morning. I was required to get acquainted with Grobat's "Mean Look" and Swellow's "Endeavor" over and over, which caused a few obscenities to trickle out.

An hour and fifteen minutes later - and after knocking out a large number of Pokémon of all types - I had evolved my Johto-born Diglett (now a Dugtrio) to Lv.41 and decided that was enough (it was using the Exp Share if anyone is wondering). On my healing break, I stuck it back in the PC and chose one of my baby Pichu to have gain experience with the Exp Share.

Another 10-15 minutes later, my patience was rewarded when a Solrock appeared, and I used Thief like so many times before...and the little bag transferred. Solrock fainted (and as a bonus, Pichu evolved into Pikachu, clearing the Kanto entry from the Pokédex), and I mashed that SAVE button like it was going to disappear any second. I then did it a second time. Just to be sure.

I have transferred the game to my used DSi and Action Replay and will be cloning the thing; I need one immediately for an evolution and know of another. I'm not repeating that two to three hour search.

Cyclone

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
Currently just entered Driftveil city, haven't done anything besides speak to Clay in the cutscene.
Team's currently;

Spr_5b_496.png
, level 28

Spr_5b_515.png
, level 25

Spr_5b_510.png
, level 24

Spr_5b_522.png
, level 24

Spr_5b_557.png
, level 26

Zeyon

Beginning Trainer
Years
Finally on the Fifth Gen wagon! Got my copy of Black about three hours ago; early Christmas gift from my fiancee. I chose Tepig, since I prefer Fire-Type Pokemon. I must admit, I'm loving this game! Enhanced graphics, battle system, music.. everything! Will definitely be devoting some time to this game.

I arrived in the first city, Acumula, and just finished the Poke Center Tutorial with Professor Juniper. I love how the Poke Center and Poke Mart have been blended together. That is something that I thought should have happened way back (I know, right.. JUST started playing Pokemon two weeks ago, with Pearl) with separate centers for each. Then again, if they had.. there would be no room for advanced programming and progress for later generations/installments.

Currently working on building my team up, and catching a few more Pokemon to bolster my ranks. Now to get the fiancee her copy of White.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Might as well get going on this...

I actually just beat the E4 for the first time in White last week. I seem to stay about one generation behind and never quite catch up, in part because I play all the games and I play them for a lot of hours - over 300 so far on White, and I haven't even done any of the post-E4 stuff. But I started Black the other day and for now I'm just tending my White Forest and otherwise leaving White alone, mostly because I'd sort of like to try to get to Icirrus in Black before the end of the month, so I can get the winter-only stuff out of the way then, since it won't be winter again until March. I'm not sure if I'll make it though.

So - in Black. I've got one Badge, and am currently hunting outside Pinwheel Forest. Just the other day, I figured out what Synchronize does outside of battle, after I caught five Serious Sawks in a row. At first, I thought there was something wrong with my game, and I was trying to figure out what it could possibly be, and for that matter, how in the world I was going to be able to finish the game if all the pokemon were Serious. Then I noticed that my Munna, which I had in the lead so she could Yawn the Sawks, was Serious and had Synchronize, and I took a guess that turned out to be right - outside of battle, Synchronize increases (to 50%) the chance that a wild pokemon will have the same nature as the Synchronize pokemon. So I immediately went back to the Dreamyard and started catching Synchronize Munnas. About the fifth or sixth one I caught was an Adamant, so I took it back to Pinwheel Forest, and I did catch a pretty nice Adamant Sawk, but the more I thought about it, the more I decided that what I really wanted was a Jolly. Though I did want an Adamant Timburr. And for some reason, it took me forever to catch a good Adamant Timburr, but I finally did it last night. Then I went back to the Dreamyard to try to catch a Jolly Synchronize Munna. And as long as I was there, I was keeping an eye out for a really nice Jolly Purrloin, just because I wanted one. And this morning, I found both of them, one right after the other. The Munna is just a Munna - I don't even know what its stats are - it's just Jolly and Synchronize. The Purrloin was level 10, female, Jolly, with at least mid-20s in everything important. And, being a Purrloin, she almost immediately got one-shotted by a Patrat. But it's not like I'm nuzlocking or anything, so I just smiled a bit and hauled her little kitty butt to the PC and got her patched up, then went back to Pinwheel Forest, with the new Jolly Synchronize Munna in the lead, to hunt for a good Sawk. And that brings me up to the moment. When I get done futzing around on the 'net, I'm going to go back to catching a good Sawk, and then go punch the rock, then put together a team to actually go into the forest and start hunting Venipedes and Cottonees and such...

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
YES! finally i played Pokemon Black and i made some progress :D now ama gonna type what i did >:D

Okay the last Tuestday i went to my grandma and she got this awesome fast computer that can make NDS games work with the best FPS :P [expect the BOX to move pokemon .. it lags]

okay sooo... lets get starte

Starter : Snivy

Badges : 2

Progress :I got my starter and i got the handwatch and also defeated Cheren/bianca ALOT with out any lose! i earned 2 badges and defeated team plasma alot and i got the stolen pokemon from BIANCA! :p and i am at the door of the 3rd gym but then i left cuz i had to go home :S even so, i played 1:30 hour :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back