The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Trade Corner

Notices

Trade Corner Having trouble completing your Pokédex? Looking for a certain Pokémon or have a rare one to offer? This is your forum. Everything related to wireless trades can be discussed here.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
You can but that's usually frowned upon because it's altogether too easy to run away with said 'mon. Not saying that you would but it's inevitable that if this service was widespread, someone looking to make a quick buck could take advantage of it.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Thought I'd check to make sure I'm doing this right, since it's my first attempt at the Masuda Method. Plus I'm pretty sure you're all more knowledgeable on the subject.

I got a Japanese Ditto from the GTS, and I have a Korean Charmander in my English copy of White. However, I obtained the Korean Charmander by making an egg in the English copy of White by breeding a Ditto and an English Charmander, then trading the egg over and hatching it, then trading it back. Is it considered a Korean Pokemon, and will it be valid for the Masuda Method, or should I trade the Ditto and English Charmander over to the Korean game, and make the egg and hatch it on there?

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old September 8th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Charmander is considered as English but if you have JP Ditto, it's still OK with Masuda method. You have to have just one foreign Pokemon. Also, if you had two foreign Pokemon but the same nationality (eg. 2 Japanese mons) Masuda won't work.

Good luck!

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old September 9th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonz0 View Post
Charmander is considered as English but if you have JP Ditto, it's still OK with Masuda method. You have to have just one foreign Pokemon. Also, if you had two foreign Pokemon but the same nationality (eg. 2 Japanese mons) Masuda won't work.

Good luck!
Ah. From what I read, they had to be 2 foreign Pokemon of different nationalities (Hence the one Korean and one Japanese). I see. I'll come back if I have any further questions. Thanks for clearing that up.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old September 10th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Dreadnought
Imperador

Nature: Calm
Been a long time since i posted here. Glad to see RNG has been picked up a lot at PC.

Been doing some 4th gen RNG Projects. Mainly just breeding shinies. So much easier for me to RNG Shinies in 4th Gen than 5th.

I rng'd the following shinies today. (IV's probably suck, but they are more for collecting anyways)

Old September 16th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Hexxx
Unhatched Egg

I got a Japanese Shiny Whimsicott off the GTS the other day. All he wanted for it was a level 100 elektrike. He was probably trolling but I happened to have one from trollin my brother in battles haha. Hope he enjoys that Elektrike XD

I also have a pretty strong strand of PKRS if anyone needs it.
Old September 18th, 2012, 07:28 AM
이큐리
#nofilter
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Whaaaa'!
I miss playing Pokémon. I've been on a bit of a hiatus. My thread is completely dead. :(
Still waiting for TC events. *cough*blade*cough*

I never even went to Gamestop to get Keldeo. @_@
Old September 22nd, 2012, 03:29 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

i just got in to the 5th generation and i really like the new trading system but i keep running
in to these Japanese guys that are trolling me. does this happen to you a lot?

pokemon black 2 friend code: 1979 8164 1100
my best battle video: 72-38989-76548. tell me your thoughts!
"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

I don't know about trolling, but they do pop up a lot, yes. Japanese carts on wifi outnumber everyone else by like 20 to 1 and only once in a blue moon do you get someone who isn't using a Japanese cart. That's the thing though, half of the people there are likely not Japanese, but using a Japanese cart. Nonetheless, it gets irritating.

- - - -
Old October 7th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Dalek_Kabu
Resident Fossil

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dalek_Kabu
KABUTOPSIAN'S WHITE TWO PLAYTHRU SIGN UP

Pick a pokemon or rival (first come first served) to be used as a mon on one of my teams on my white 2 playthru. GL and no duplicate mons please.
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:14 AM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

i just got a level 100 haxorus holding a masterball and a level 100 blastoise for a level 90 riachu and a level 50 heatran!, score!
EDIT:hehe, someone just tried to troll me by showing me a shiny turtwig and logging out but before they hit the "log out" button i showed them my shiny level 100 giratina then waited a few minutes acting innocent as if i didn't know they couldn't cancel ending the trade and then gave them a sad face and ended the trade. yeah! feel the burn troll!

"Believe it or not, angels crap much more than other beings. Ever wonder why the phrase "holy crap" is so popular?" -macomuu

Last edited by roosterman; October 8th, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Musica
PPPPPDPPPPP

Nature: Timid
Going to play BW2! I'll buy a cartridge later when I get off from work. I'll try to be active again.

Why I stopped playing...
Spoiler:
If you're curious why I stopped playing is because of Dream World. I can't get the Arceus I wanted!
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:17 AM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

arrrgg i gotta get black 2 soon, i must have that genesect!
EDIT: aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! guys this is so cool, i hit the jackpot! this guy on negotiations asked for starters and other rare pokemon and in return he gave me a uxie, rigirock, level 100 haxorus and a few other legendarys that i can't remember, and those starters were only level 1!
now i gotta go update my trade thread!

Last edited by roosterman; October 12th, 2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Considering what he gave you in return, I highly suggest you get those 'mon hack checked before putting it in your shop unless you know him to be a legit trainer. Hacks are illegal to trade, whether or not it's intentional.

- - - -
Old October 15th, 2012, 08:09 PM
someduderic
Elite Four

Nature: Relaxed
Does anyone want to open up a trade shop with me?

TWITTER!
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:07 AM
RingoH

Haven't posted in AGES! Acctually haven't been playing any Pokemon all summer (too much outdoors fun). I'm right now without internet at home after moving, so I'm bumming out. Go figure... I just recently started playing around with Dream World minigames... Prior to recently all I used Dream World for was promotional only Pokemon...

Luckily the local library has wi-fi that you don't need to hit an "agree to terms" or enter log-in information for, so I'm getting my Dream World fix every few days after work. I've pulled a few of my favorite Poke's so far (A female Mr. Mime on Sunday). Is there anywhere that I can find a list of which ones are considered more rare and/or more desired(obviously, other than the promotional only ones)? It would be nice to know, since one each of my games (Black/White/Black 2) I'm snagging one a day, so it's like I'm grabbing three Pokemon each time I log in... and So far which one I choose to take is based purely on my own tastes, and based on only taking females (unless my only options are males or genderless), AND only trying to take something I don't already have from the dreamworld.. Monday I had to make a tough choice between a female Buizel and a female Relicanth... They were my only two females, and I was guessing the Relicanth is likely more desired by others for trade, but I settled on the Buizel because I am a fan of cute Pokemon.

*sigh*

--Ringo(who funny enough is currently farther in Black 2 than I am on either my Black/White games... hahaha)
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post

Is there anywhere that I can find a list of which ones are considered more rare and/or more desired(obviously, other than the promotional only ones)?
Me.

Here is a list of the useful, released Unova DW Pokemon;

Golurk - No Guard
Beartic - Swift Swim
Reuniclus - Regenerator
Stoutland - Scrappy
Haxorus - Unnerve*
Gothirita - Shadow Tag (Upcoming Event)
Durant - Truant**
Klinklang - Clear Body
Amoonguss - Regenerator
Seismitoad - Water Absorb

*Unnerve is actually incredibly strong in PWT/Challenge Mode, almost every Pokemon uses a powerful berry
**For use with Entrainment trolling

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:25 AM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Me.

Here is a list of the useful, released Unova DW Pokemon;

What about the older generation Pokemon with DW abilities? I've never been a competetive batteler, I mostly like to breed. I'm looking for what Poke's would make good breeding stock to trade later. If I'm stuck between a choice of two different females I don't yet have, I want to be able to base the choice on which I send to my game based on what's desirable to others.

-Ringo
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoH View Post
What about the older generation Pokemon with DW abilities? I've never been a competetive batteler, I mostly like to breed. I'm looking for what Poke's would make good breeding stock to trade later. If I'm stuck between a choice of two different females I don't yet have, I want to be able to base the choice on which I send to my game based on what's desirable to others.

-Ringo
Off the top of my head the only older DW Pokemon worth getting that you don't personally want would be Sheer Force Bagon, Multiscale Dratini, and Drizzle Politoed. But it would be easier to RNG them from Hidden Grottoes.

The desirability of most older, non-event DW Pokemon was lost due to tutors and grottoes.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old October 18th, 2012, 06:48 AM
RingoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post

The desirability of most older, non-event DW Pokemon was lost due to tutors and grottoes.
Thanks! This is good to keep in mind now. I guess I'll focus on just collecting the ones I like then. I think I'll set a personal challenge of collecting the first gen related Pokemon. I've already got a decent start there... Tangela, Mr. Mime, Magikarp, Smoochum(since it evolves into Jynx), the recent promotional Porygon(wish it was possible to breed gender less), Lickitung.

How hard is it to trade for DW Kanto starters?? I don't care about clones since most good poke's are cloned anyway(and since I clone as it is). Is it likely those will ever be released in North America??
Old October 19th, 2012, 07:16 AM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinbane View Post
Considering what he gave you in return, I highly suggest you get those 'mon hack checked before putting it in your shop unless you know him to be a legit trainer. Hacks are illegal to trade, whether or not it's intentional.
i checked all of them and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them, also most hacked pokemon i come across will be at level 100, 50 or the level you find them at but it seems these pokemon just didn't fit his team since they were all trained about 10-30 levels from the level you find them and weren't fully EV trained yet

EDIT: oh, by the way does anyone know if you can get shinys from the dream radar or dream world?

Old October 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Pokemon from the entralink cannot be shiny.
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:57 PM
roosterman
Freaking annoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Pokemon from the entralink cannot be shiny.
oh wait this pokemon wasn't caught in the entra link, ok so there are two possibilities for this braviary 1: someone actually went to the trouble to make a seemingly legit shiny braviary but put it in a dream ball, 2: someone hacked to get a dream ball anywhere and used it to catch this braviary. i'm assuming number 2 since its pretty hard to make legit pokemon without starting with a legit pokemon but either way i want my uxie back. (by the way, do pokemon caught with hacked pokeballs count as hacked pokemon? and if they don't does anyone want this braviary?)

Old October 20th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Entralink Pokemon can be shiny (but it's almost impossible). Also, Braviary and Rufflet can't be found in Dream World or Dream Radar and those two are the only places where you can use Dream Balls (well, in Radar, you have no choice actually). So I guess it has to be hacked, sorry.

If you want to trade that Pokemon, first check if it's legit, then post in Quick Trade Thread, not here.

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

Yeah, anything that isn't right about a pokemon, whether it is location caught or pokeball used, will be considered hacked. Whoever hacked your Braviary is a lousy hacker.

- - - -
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here