• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen What part annoyed you the most in G/S/C?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
It has to be Ice Path.
That drove me crazy!! All the ice puzzles, too many for a short cave.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2021
Morty's gengar. Hypnosis with hax 100% hit followed by dream eater and more dream eater.
Whitney's miltank totally annoying but found out that nidorino learns double kick later on so after the first time i just went with nidorino =3

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
That *insert expletives of your choice* Miltank. NOTHING was as bad as that thing.
When I was a kid, this. Totally this.

In my current Crystal playthrough, Miltank went down easy after I leveled everyone up once, getting my Chikorita PoisonPowder and my Gastly curse. Thus, all I needed to do was stall with Chikorita's Reflect up.

Other boss Pokemon that annoyed the crap out of me were Bugsy's Scyther and Jasmine's Steelix. I was a kid who had no grasp of type advantages and Steelix took forever. Chikorita makes the game the challenge I want xD

Really, it was just the frustration of endless tries taking down the beasts that gym leaders sent out. Nowadays, I want INTENSE BATTLE! BEGIN!

Nowadays, it's kind of annoying going back so far and having what seems to be an unpolished game, but that's only because it's so old - for its time, it was something else. It's hard to go back before Gen III... I always find myself worrying about Static and Poison Point even though abilities don't exist xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
The ice path and radio tower were really frustrating to me. When I was playing as a child, I wasn't smart enough to figure out the ice path and it took me ages to do. The whole team rocket thing was annoying because they all had similar Pokemon and it just got so redundant.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
My personal "annoying" moment was the Snorlax blocking the entrance to Diglett Cave. How in the world was I supposed to know that I had to tune in to the Poké Flute channel made just for this purpose and then press A on the sleeping giant? I was sidelined for a good couple of weeks...curse you for not being present in my house at the time, internet.

Also, I think this also counts as annoying, although I think it's kind of unfair to say that a vastly watered-down Kanto could be considered "annoying" when we should just be glad enough that Game Freak let us go back there in any capacity.

But, it really is the only thing that makes me feel kind of bad about the game (otherwise it's Gold-en!). No Safari Zone, pint-sized versions of maps (Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon, Victory Road), missing Kanto tunes, disappointing battle remixes, and an "excused" lack of Cinnabar Island...all of those things eventually leave the player with a feeling of "they could have tried harder." Yeah, I know the Safari Zone and Cinnabar would have properly in the game given more time, but still, they could have tried harder!

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
I think the thing that annoyed me the most was Team Rocket's Hideout, and I always get so confused trying to get to Golden Rod town.. it confused me. x-x and I'm trying to get to Ho-oh and I just. ugh. And I once found a wild Suicune, no lie, but it fled before I could catch it D:

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
WATER and ZUBATS.
Fighting against Tentacools, Tentacruels, Magikarps and Zubats awful. So, frustrating.

Back