The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
My dad just said, "You can't talk about homosexuality if you're autistic because you don't understand sex."
What is this—I don't even... That sounds so... stupid, judgmental, silly, uneducated... stop me anytime...

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:27 PM
Altix
Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark

Nature: Docile
Droomph: Are you autistic? I would have punched your dad.

Shining(the grammar Nazi you):I was at the laundry mat the other day and there were some old arcade games. One had a manual for the buttons. It said "Push green for light attack, blue for medium attack, and red for storong attack. I shed a tear, took a picture, and moved on.

Today I came out for the first time at my new school to my friend Leila.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
Vato
This Is Our Last Goodbye

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post
What is this—I don't even... That sounds so... stupid, judgmental, silly, uneducated... stop me anytime...
Please, keep going, words are not enough to describe the rage that his father's comment gave to me >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altix View Post
Today I came out for the first time at my new school to my friend Leila.
Wow, really, tell us what happened :D *get too close to Altix*
I remember the first time I came out to someone, it was to my friend Leslie, and upon telling her, she was like 'So?' and I was like 'Jeez, it looks so more emotional on TV!' xD

FC [B2]: 0992 1015 0443
VM/PM me whenever you feel like trading/kicking my butt on a battle
Old October 3rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Altix

Well, this was not my first time coming out ever, just the first time in my new school. It was pretty calm. She was like "Omg no. Really?" and I was like "yep" then the conversation switched to something else. My first time ever was over text. Two friends at once, Tyler, and Alyssa. I am pretty much all out though. Most people know I think, and no one really cares. Oh, today I became like...the leader of my homeroom. So that is cool. It will give me a chance to talk to my principal more, and hopefully get a brand-new, sparkly GSA installed.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
Well I had GSA today, I was never closeted, and I had tried to open myself out in the past before, however no one took me seriously. When the members new and old alike gave out their introductions to the club, I gave out mine and said "I'm Pan and Genderqueer" and boy I got quite an applause before I had to leave the club early. I was very happy and maybe some of my friends in the GSA who kind of push me to the side with some stuff I've been wanting to do will actually open up and let me play in the games <3

Also, I've been browsing the fourms , getting all excited for BW2, I'm excited <3 I may or may not post more within the next few weeks.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:27 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altix View Post
Droomph: Are you autistic? I would have punched your dad.
Yes, Asperger's Syndrome.

However, I did yell at him to the extent of "screw you dad not now", so :P annnnnd I got in trouble for that :c

I would neeeeeever come out to anyone at my school, lol.

Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:23 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Hey, I was thinking about something the other today after I saw a couple of gay blogger/advocacy sites that were speaking out on behalf on a bisexual girl, 15, who wore a shirt that said, " I enjoy vagina" in the format of Coke products. The school asked her to change her clothes, because the shirt was inappropriate and not conducive wit a learning environment. The sites and the girl both state that the school had discriminated against her since she was a sexual minority. As if the school would have allowed her to wear a " I love penis shirt" instead though. Also, colleges have been reported being under fire for using the term "freshman" and "semester" since they are sexist terms that project masculinity. Those are just two of MANY examples in which I think that have undermined real issues of gender and sexuality in the media.

Do some of these frivolous causes that people stand-up and advocate for marginalize the actually issues that face LGBT-people?

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Old October 4th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altix
Shining(the grammar Nazi you):I was at the laundry mat the other day and there were some old arcade games. One had a manual for the buttons. It said "Push green for light attack, blue for medium attack, and red for storong attack. I shed a tear, took a picture, and moved on.
By 'Shining' did you mean me? I looked back at the thread and I can't for the life of me figure out what this was in reference to. And since when have you seen me be a grammar Nazi? I mean, I am, but I can't think of any examples you would have seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen
Well I had GSA today, I was never closeted, and I had tried to open myself out in the past before, however no one took me seriously. When the members new and old alike gave out their introductions to the club, I gave out mine and said "I'm Pan and Genderqueer" and boy I got quite an applause before I had to leave the club early. I was very happy and maybe some of my friends in the GSA who kind of push me to the side with some stuff I've been wanting to do will actually open up and let me play in the games <3
That's awesome! Though I have to wonder, what kind of stuff are they pushing you aside on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ty-
Do some of these frivolous causes that people stand-up and advocate for marginalize the actually issues that face LGBT-people?
Yes, absolutely. Your last example reminded me of that line in Legally Blonde where the lesbian girl was talking to Warner about how she was trying to get the word "semester" changed to "ovester" lmao. While I actually support the girl's right to wear the shirt (being one that really hates the idea of things being "appropriate" and "inappropriate"), it's quite clear that the reason it was disallowed had nothing to do with her sexuality and the battle was without merit.

I think if people start kicking up at anything that could ever potentially even for a second be seen as anti-LGBT, then it will label the entire community as whiners and detract from our credibility when it comes to the issues that are actually worth fighting for.

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
About the shirt-

I think I'm leaning more towards the school's favor. Placing on a shirt that says "I Enjoy Vagina" isn't one you put on in innocence, if you know what I mean. It's rather inappropriate and unnecessarily crude, and it's not really the best way to display LGBT pride (if that's what she was going for.) It makes her look more of a pervert than "so I'm bi and that's cool yeah. :3"

And perhaps it's a good thing schools are on top of these things. I mean, we wouldn't want an idiot waltzing in with a shirt with "YOU'RE A ***" printed in neon white letters, now would we?

But yes, I agree that this ordeal shouldn't be as popularized as it is. There are much more important issues to focus on, like marriage rights and understanding education.
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Katholic Nun

I don't think she felt discriminated against at all. I think she was just an obnoxious and rebellious teenager who got pissed off when the school told her she couldn't do what she wanted to do and then did what she had to do to get her revenge. I'm a little impressed by that, to be honest, but it doesn't do any good for the LGBT community lol.

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old October 4th, 2012, 07:41 PM
-ty-
Don't Ask, Just Tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I don't think she felt discriminated against at all. I think she was just an obnoxious and rebellious teenager who got pissed off when the school told her she couldn't do what she wanted to do and then did what she had to do to get her revenge. I'm a little impressed by that, to be honest, but it doesn't do any good for the LGBT community lol.
Also, her mother encouraged her to get her "message" out on the news. This is after all a 15-year-old girl; her mother should not have exploited her for a bereaved time on television. Not to mention, contributing to yet another trivial and distracting LGBT story.

Don't be a rotten apple!
Check-out my Forbitten to see the latest developments in the Kenbi Region
!

Old October 4th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Altix

Yes, she should have wore a shirt that was more... schooly. Like the "All the cool girls are lesbians" shirt. @Shining: Yes you I saw your Grammar Nazi ism in your blog. Correcting the signs on that ATM XD
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:39 PM
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

Well I guess its when I want to experiment with feminine stuff with friends or have interest in anything else besides what I've been into. I'm a MAAB and I'm also quite big, and known to hang out with a bunch of guys, so I've never really been seen as someone who is find with lets say wearing a dress, and whenever I say "Hey, I do that, and I don't think its something that is 'TMI' "

I could go on and on about how there are parts of my social life where I feel like any kind of other gender expression or sexual expression (on the more gay side at that) has just been ignored, taken as a joke, or seen as something that is "Too much information".
Old October 8th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Altix

New topic: How do you feel about Transgenders being classified as having gender identity disorder? I am not sure yet.
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Railgun
Ever Day Another New Adventure

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
I feel odd about it myself since I am one. If someone wants to be called trans and not female or male like if they are in the middle of it that is fine. In fact I wish sites would have trans as an option for forums and stuff and not just male or female. It gets annoying explaining to people why I sign up as female but I have a boy voice.
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:14 AM
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

I just leave everything as blank, and just try to avoid the subject of my gender all together, thats how I handle it. Most people assume I'm female, probably because of how I post and my icons and what not, as I can be really feminine in that department x3

Sadly my voice is not androgynous, and its hard to fool anyone with it. Well its really my microphone, everything that goes in is like 50% deeper and I don't like that .-.
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Wait semester? Semester is from sex (six) and mensis (month)...it means six months. Wtf does that have to do with sexuality or genders at all? o____O;
PM
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:40 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Well sex/sechs means six quite a lot of languages (two) and we've interpreted that as seeexxxxxxxxxx instead of 6.

And semester, seme-...they all just have creepy minds I guess.

Oh and mensis and menstru- okay I'll stop.

Old October 8th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Figuratively Speaking

Nature: Quirky
Please take time out your busy day to take a look at this image.

Click Here.

I can't find anything I like more than this.
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Katholic Nun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen
I'm a MAAB
A what now? I don't think I've seen that acronym before lol

As to transgender people being classified as having a gender identity disorder, I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it. I guess if we're speaking technically, that's what it is, or could at least be seen as. The gender they are in their minds does not match their physical body, which could definitely be seen as a disorder from a medical or psychological standpoint.

Societally though, I don't approve. Once you transcend the strict medical definitions, it's all just differences in people. Some people's genders match their sexes, others don't and that's really all there is to it. I guess it's seen as a disorder because people resort to medical treatment to bring their body in line with their mind, but the trouble is I'm not sure if their association with a 'disorder' ends once they've successfully done so or once they've decided that it's not something they need to do to be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours
Wait semester? Semester is from sex (six) and mensis (month)...it means six months. Wtf does that have to do with sexuality or genders at all? o____O;
Yup, feminists be crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear

Click Here.

Awwwwww that's so sweet! I just tried to put it in the original post of this thread down the left-hand side so that it'd line up with the CSS, but my CSS skills suck so it didn't work . Would have looked awesome though!

PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
Old October 8th, 2012, 09:44 PM
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

MAAB - Male assigned at birth,
(FAAB means Female assigned at birth)

Its just a short little way of saying "Hey, I was born as a dude"

A lot of trans* people on reddit and tumblr use it, and I thought it'd be known here too~

(I myself am Genderqueer, and I'm a tad bit more on the feminine side of things)
Old October 9th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Esper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear View Post

Click Here.

That is très nerdy and adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
As to transgender people being classified as having a gender identity disorder, I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it. I guess if we're speaking technically, that's what it is, or could at least be seen as. The gender they are in their minds does not match their physical body, which could definitely be seen as a disorder from a medical or psychological standpoint.

Societally though, I don't approve. Once you transcend the strict medical definitions, it's all just differences in people. Some people's genders match their sexes, others don't and that's really all there is to it. I guess it's seen as a disorder because people resort to medical treatment to bring their body in line with their mind, but the trouble is I'm not sure if their association with a 'disorder' ends once they've successfully done so or once they've decided that it's not something they need to do to be happy.
I just want to say that I agree with this exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzRozen View Post
MAAB - Male assigned at birth,
(FAAB means Female assigned at birth)

Its just a short little way of saying "Hey, I was born as a dude"

A lot of trans* people on reddit and tumblr use it, and I thought it'd be known here too~

(I myself am Genderqueer, and I'm a tad bit more on the feminine side of things)
To go into a little more explanation:

Using "male assigned at birth" or "female assigned at birth" (I've also seen "assigned female at birth") is one of the clearest ways to talk about trans people. It seems it's very easy to confuse someone who isn't down with the lingo. Like if I said I'm a girl and I'm trans, some people would think I was born a girl, some wouldn't, and some wouldn't know what to think. And the reason it's better than saying "biologically" male or female is that some people are intersexed and there is always the argument that one's mind, one's brain, is where gender resides and that is certainly "biological." So "assigned at birth" is essentially how you say "I was raised and socialized as a girl/boy" and avoids having to talk about people's privates.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Altix

No new news on the gsa. i am beginning to get a bit impatient. I was grumpy today so I tumbld for a bit. I love Tumblr. I am like.... I think the term is boy crazy, but I feel awkward saying that. So I will say, I want to make out with all of the boys. I think I do that thing where I just talk about a whole bunch of random things... I can not remember the term for it though. I wish there was a spell to make boys gay.... Oh, Harry Potter where might you be hiding? I have been doing my best to stay off of pokemon websites and stuff because I can not afford Black 2 yet. Love you guys!
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Jude Mathis
[ heavenly blue ]
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I went through three or four years where I thought I was transgender, and I myself used the term "gender identity disorder" a lot. It wasn't offensive to me, and I figured that if my body was female, but my brain was pretty much male, then that's exactly what it was. It's a disorder because it's something that's off and doesn't match up.

Maybe it's just me, but I was more comfortable explaining it via use of the GID term, rather than using the term transgender. Only because GID could explain why I felt that way, or that I wanted to be seen as a guy, when Transgender as a term said to them "Hey, I'm a guy, but I used to be physically female and switched 8D". So, No, I felt like I had GID so I wanted to be a guy, I didn't want to be seen as "trans". -w-

I'm gonna stop typing, because that's probably confusing as heck to read. xD

& Altix, I'm still wishing you luck with the GSA! Also, I understand perfectly about the tumblr thing, that site has had me hooked for a year now. omg, and B/W 2 is months away for me. v o v

{ asseylum vers allusia }
antemortemever grande citytumblr
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I went through three or four years where I thought I was transgender, and I myself used the term "gender identity disorder" a lot. It wasn't offensive to me, and I figured that if my body was female, but my brain was pretty much male, then that's exactly what it was. It's a disorder because it's something that's off and doesn't match up.

Maybe it's just me, but I was more comfortable explaining it via use of the GID term, rather than using the term transgender. Only because GID could explain why I felt that way, or that I wanted to be seen as a guy, when Transgender as a term said to them "Hey, I'm a guy, but I used to be physically female and switched 8D". So, No, I felt like I had GID so I wanted to be a guy, I didn't want to be seen as "trans". -w-

I'm gonna stop typing, because that's probably confusing as heck to read. xD

& Altix, I'm still wishing you luck with the GSA! Also, I understand perfectly about the tumblr thing, that site has had me hooked for a year now. omg, and B/W 2 is months away for me. v o v
Nah I think that makes perfect sense! I kinda like the way that you put it too.. I guess it throws people off because of the word "disorder" that has a bad connotation towards it, even though it doesn't necessarily have to actually mean anything bad- just that they don't match up like you say :3

:c I am probably being confusing haha!

And that girl with the shirt just seems like she was trying to be a **** disturber wearing that sort of thing >_> It has nothing to do with gender stuff it is just distasteful and unclassy.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here