The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 17th, 2012 (12:08 PM).
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
is there any probable date on the next version?
If there was one, then the OP would have said so. There's really no point asking any developer as they're not dedicated game development teams that have an ability to complete their work within a time scale they've set.
Old August 17th, 2012 (08:31 PM).
cronos5010

Nature: Timid
i have a question where can i find fossils ?
Old August 19th, 2012 (08:46 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Gen Matt View Post
I was incredibly surprised to see my name in the special thanks, considering I haven't been online in over a year.

Well, I suppose I'll give it a try then.

*I take it English isn't your first language? Well, no matter, I can understand the gist of what everybody's saying, which is what's important. I'm liking everything so far although the movement seems a bit clunky? I dunno', just the first thing I noticed.
I was incredibly surprised to see you here, you aren't active in around three years! But I am searching resources and other stuff since around 2010 beginning, so I checked several topics, even some older ones, just like a good developer hunting resources need to do.

About the movement, are you talking about the m/s pauses or the stepping animation? The first one its a strange problem in some PCs> In my tests this problem disappears after the first game minutes, I thinks that the computer automatic adjusts to this game as this problem is indifferent if you have save files or not. The second its because I prefer than the ones with the new stepping animation, because I thinks the newer is too fast, but I probably change it on a new version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeisin0096 View Post
First of all I'd like to say great game, I'm having a lot of fun. I do have a question though, at what rank is it possible to purchase stones(fire, water, ect.) from the store? And are you going to ever release any sort of walk-through or at least details on where pokemon are located and such?
And one last thing, accuracy overall seems to have been tweeked with, in my opinion, a little too much. I found at the beginning of the game missing tackle at the start of the match. Maybe I've just been lucky in for the past 10+ years but I've never had attacks like that straight up miss for no reason. But like I said before, love the game. Great job!
At Rank 9 you can buy the stones.

I am against the idea of the game creators making walkthrough of his game, if the creator want to display these thing, spread throughout the game (primarily on NPCs). In my case I put several NPCs saying tips, mainly at Pokémon Island Hotel. About the locations, there is a researcher in the Research and Development Center that tells you some pokémon locations that you don't have in your Pokédex, a big system that I made that covers the several obtain methods at the Pokémon Island. There is also the Pokédex area option.

There an accuracy error in 1.1b that every move have 1% more of miss change, but it was corrected in 1.1c. I believe that your miss is only lucky, remember that Tackle have 95% accuracy chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
is there any probable date on the next version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topic
...it will not come before 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronos5010 View Post
i have a question where can i find fossils ?
There is an area that you can see shiny points on walls, these points has a chance of having the fossils.
Old August 21st, 2012 (04:01 PM).
jeisin0096
Beginning Trainer

Finally got to rank 9 and got my stones! :D Another question though. Vaporeon knows surf. I know it isn't considered an HM anymore but it still says it can be used out of battle. I can't seem to figure out how though. And thanks for replying before by the way!
Old August 25th, 2012 (05:36 PM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

VERSION 1.1d WITH CORRECTED BUGS RELEASED!

Despite I having stated several times that is possible to catch all the pokemon and checked several times, isn't possible to get Houndour and Houndoom. Because of that I released this new version with these pokémon. You can transfer your Save.
Old August 26th, 2012 (07:14 AM).
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
hey FL! been a while. i was thinking, and ive been playing the pokemonTCG games ALOT lately, maybe you can add in the pokemon tcg game? that would make a great twist on this game, and it would be something no one has done before, well, just by making this game, you've done something no one has done before but still, id love to see the TCG game here~
Old August 27th, 2012 (06:56 AM).
megascizor22
Beginning Trainer

Hey can I ask, at what rank do I unlock the Underground Area?
Old August 28th, 2012 (09:06 AM).
4th Gen Matt
Pokemon Onyx Creator

Originally Posted by FL . View Post
I was incredibly surprised to see you here, you aren't active in around three years! But I am searching resources and other stuff since around 2010 beginning, so I checked several topics, even some older ones, just like a good developer hunting resources need to do.

About the movement, are you talking about the m/s pauses or the stepping animation? The first one its a strange problem in some PCs> In my tests this problem disappears after the first game minutes, I thinks that the computer automatic adjusts to this game as this problem is indifferent if you have save files or not. The second its because I prefer than the ones with the new stepping animation, because I thinks the newer is too fast, but I probably change it on a new version.
Yeah, I've moved on in life but am obviously still interested in gamedev, so I stop by every now and again to see what's up. However, Pokemon's one of those things that you can never quite get over and, if you loved it as a kid, you will love the rest of your life. I like to see if any of the games here can interest me enough to play it and yours certainly did. I'm only rank 1 so far but hey, progress is progress!

As for the movement, it just doesn't seem smooth. I don't know what causes it (probably would have known when I was still developing but I can't even remember how to import tilesets anymore lol) and that's the only way I know how to explain it.

Wi-fi Battle Record: 30-4
Old August 30th, 2012 (04:59 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerj13 View Post
hey FL! been a while. i was thinking, and ive been playing the pokemonTCG games ALOT lately, maybe you can add in the pokemon tcg game? that would make a great twist on this game, and it would be something no one has done before, well, just by making this game, you've done something no one has done before but still, id love to see the TCG game here~
Implementing the TCG game is too time consuming for only a minigame, and even if I do this, there will be few cards (only the first cards). But I am thinking on something simplified for a minigame like a Pokétriad variation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megascizor22 View Post
Hey can I ask, at what rank do I unlock the Underground Area?
Three after you unlock the Sea Area.
Old August 31st, 2012 (10:54 AM).
Takren7
Beginning Trainer

The term "FULL" confuses me a bit. Does that mean that this game has been completed? I read through the whole thread and it seems more versions will be released in the future... Thank you.
Old September 1st, 2012 (05:03 AM).
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
[QUOTE][The term "FULL" confuses me a bit. Does that mean that this game has been completed? I read through the whole thread and it seems more versions will be released in the future... Thank you.
/QUOTE]

yes, this game is complete, but new versions will be released for constant updates because there is always new content~
Old September 1st, 2012 (10:32 AM).
Takren7
Beginning Trainer

[QUOTE=blazerj13;7324550]
Quote:
[The term "FULL" confuses me a bit. Does that mean that this game has been completed? I read through the whole thread and it seems more versions will be released in the future... Thank you.
/QUOTE]

yes, this game is complete, but new versions will be released for constant updates because there is always new content~
Thank you so much, blazerj13!
Old September 3rd, 2012 (01:23 PM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

Nature: Lonely
Name: Jason (what can I say I'm a bit full of myself)

Team: Charizard, Electivire, Gallade, Crobat, Krokodille

Comment: IDK you said we can so here is one. He's a traveling trainer one who is still searching for the perfect pokemon to cap off his team.
Old September 16th, 2012 (09:59 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takren7 View Post
The term "FULL" confuses me a bit. Does that mean that this game has been completed? I read through the whole thread and it seems more versions will be released in the future... Thank you.
Take a look in 'VII- Future Plan'. sblazerj13 is right (but I wouldn't say "constant" or "always"). Also, take a look in VII- Future Plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwolf View Post
Name: Jason (what can I say I'm a bit full of myself)

Team: Charizard, Electivire, Gallade, Crobat, Krokodille

Comment: IDK you said we can so here is one. He's a traveling trainer one who is still searching for the perfect pokemon to cap off his team.
This is a normal trainer, right?
Old September 16th, 2012 (10:11 AM).
HyunJae
Unhatched Egg

Where can you get Zappdos and Rayquaza? (Also if you need rank, which rank?)
Old September 18th, 2012 (06:02 PM).
koby12
Unhatched Egg

Dude im not going to lie I had an idea sorta like this a couple of weeks ago but never started.
The scripting is where i stopped though because i knew that the only way i could do it was to make like 3 or four pages worth.
But good job overall, liking the tm shop.
Old September 20th, 2012 (05:29 PM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyunJae View Post
Where can you get Zappdos and Rayquaza? (Also if you need rank, which rank?)
Spoiler:
At rank 16, the new blond guy that came in the city (isn't in Pokémon Island Hotel) gives you a tip that at first glance is useless, but is vital to get the legendaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koby12 View Post
Dude im not going to lie I had an idea sorta like this a couple of weeks ago but never started.
The scripting is where i stopped though because i knew that the only way i could do it was to make like 3 or four pages worth.
But good job overall, liking the tm shop.
Like the Coliseum or Teleport Station? Both aren't hard to made and are done by events (except some few commands like to start a battle).
Old September 21st, 2012 (11:38 AM).
digimonqueen
Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend

Nature: Gentle
It won't let me save! I've tried pressing (Z) like a thousand times and got nothing! HELP! I can't access the menu or anything!

Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it.

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.”

"Harry--you're a great wizard, you know."
"I'm not as good as you," said Harry, very embarrassed, as she let him go.
"Me!" said Hermione. "Books! And cleverness! There are more important things--friendship and bravery and--oh Harry--be careful!"
Old September 23rd, 2012 (11:28 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digimonqueen View Post
It won't let me save! I've tried pressing (Z) like a thousand times and got nothing! HELP! I can't access the menu or anything!
You can only open the menu after you get the Pokédex at end of Research and Development Center starter selection.
Old September 26th, 2012 (08:14 AM).
mrsnuggles

Nature: Careful
not that it matters to much but struggle doesn't do the 1/4 recoil damage that it is suppose to do
Old September 29th, 2012 (09:14 PM).
Lugh Samildanach
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys, wondering how you get into the room in the tunnel with rocks in front?
Old October 6th, 2012 (03:03 PM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Sorry, I miss this question (actually I misunderstand):
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeisin0096 View Post
Finally got to rank 9 and got my stones! :D Another question though. Vaporeon knows surf. I know it isn't considered an HM anymore but it still says it can be used out of battle. I can't seem to figure out how though. And thanks for replying before by the way!
Yes, the description is wrong. Anyway, to "surf" you need the Lanch item that can be bought at Rarity Shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsnuggles View Post
not that it matters to much but struggle doesn't do the 1/4 recoil damage that it is suppose to do
Thank you for the bug report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh Samildanach View Post
Hey guys, wondering how you get into the room in the tunnel with rocks in front?
This is only a background detail. To show to player that the tunnel has an entrace.
Old October 7th, 2012 (01:16 AM).
Lugh Samildanach
Unhatched Egg

Hi I just hit rank 17, I was reading somewhere on this forum that some 'blonde' guy was supposed to appear in town and give you some info on the legendaries or something, I cannot find him....please help if you can
Old October 9th, 2012 (04:02 PM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh Samildanach View Post
Hi I just hit rank 17, I was reading somewhere on this forum that some 'blonde' guy was supposed to appear in town and give you some info on the legendaries or something, I cannot find him....please help if you can
Wow! How much game time you have? I attached the guy sprite in this post.
Attached Images

Old October 9th, 2012 (05:53 PM). Edited October 9th, 2012 by Lugh Samildanach.
Lugh Samildanach
Unhatched Egg

About 23 hours, also thanks so much for the help

Ok, i'm about to rage quit, i'm starting to think this guy does not exist. Any tips on where he us hiding?

My god, I found the guy........how could i be so stupid DAMN YOU FLOOR 6!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links