The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 1st, 2012, 08:40 AM
Sofnyx

Could someone put up the patched Rom? I want to play this on my phone but I'm not gonna be at home to patch for like 10 hours.....

Remember i live in England so its like 2am for me when everyone gets active with battling here which is why i dont respond alot due to being asleep
Old October 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofnyx View Post
Could someone put up the patched Rom? I want to play this on my phone but I'm not gonna be at home to patch for like 10 hours.....
I'm sorry, we cannot post the ROM itself. You'll have to get home first unless you can find the tools to do the job on the phone.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 1st, 2012, 10:10 AM
Sofnyx

Idk if it can I have a galaxy S 3 so my phone is good enough and I already found a ruby Rom I just can't patch it I can get backtrack 5 on android market but I think it's linux?? Idk

Remember i live in England so its like 2am for me when everyone gets active with battling here which is why i dont respond alot due to being asleep
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:27 PM
DarkSilver959
Unhatched Egg

After you beat Senex on gym island is that the end of the game? if not, what else is there to do?
Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:41 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Idk if it can I have a galaxy S 3 so my phone is good enough and I already found a ruby Rom I just can't patch it I can get backtrack 5 on android market but I think it's linux?? Idk
Surprisingly for you its not that hard to patch the Ruby ROM . All you need is Lunar IPS programme and an emulator to play
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Lirrie
Pokemon Watcher

Nature: Docile
You really caught my attention with this one, just by saying zombies. XD I been wanting to play with a zombie one for a long time so Im relly happy i found this one and will most definattly be playing it X3.
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:39 PM
leonvayne
Unhatched Egg

any solution to work in "PSP" emulators?
Old October 5th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Lirrie
Pokemon Watcher

Nature: Docile
Im stuck on the dewford city gym leader, i cant seem to beat her no matter what pokemon i use, can anyone help me?
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:38 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonvayne View Post
Hmm thats tricky. Search in Google for this purpose. You know GBA emulators for a PSP
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:00 AM
leonvayne
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hmm thats tricky. Search in Google for this purpose. You know GBA emulators for a PSP
I've used GPSP in several versions , only some worked and snakewood is one that did not work.

list that worked:

flora sky
genesis
light platinum
n3v3r
naranja
volcano
Old October 7th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonvayne View Post
Since hacks are mainly supposed to work on VBA it's kinda hard to make them work on other emulators... Well you should always patch the ROM in your PC and then put your patched ROM into the console/phone/whatever. If it doesn't work then it probably won't ever...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 7th, 2012, 07:27 PM
AquaticFlareon
Unhatched Egg

Cutlerine (Or Anyone That Can Help) How Did You Change The Back Sprites For Pokemon Snakewood, I've been able to find front sprite editors and overworld sprite editors, but I can't find anything I Can use for Back In-Battle Sprites, Please helpif you can
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:43 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticFlareon View Post
Cutlerine (Or Anyone That Can Help) How Did You Change The Back Sprites For Pokemon Snakewood, I've been able to find front sprite editors and overworld sprite editors, but I can't find anything I Can use for Back In-Battle Sprites, Please helpif you can
This question does not quite suits in this thread. You can have help in ROM hacking help tutorials for it or PM someone who has the knowledge
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:23 PM
PokeReject
Great Pokémon Reject

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirrie View Post
Im stuck on the dewford city gym leader, i cant seem to beat her no matter what pokemon i use, can anyone help me?
got a Makuhita? that helped me out, although I think I also had a Breloom with me as well
Old October 9th, 2012, 05:54 PM
dd818
Unhatched Egg

I need help... where do i find furi q?
Old October 10th, 2012, 01:38 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd818 View Post
I need help... where do i find furi q?
Is this a poke??? I never heard of it.
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:19 AM

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Is this a poke??? I never heard of it.
Of course it is,you can find it on ROUTE 115.

Hacks I'm working on:

Old October 10th, 2012, 08:03 AM
PALKY
Unhatched Egg

how can i download it?i am a little stupid with these things,please help
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:43 AM
alienhunterx

Don't say that
First download the snakewood.ips file from the first page and patch it with a clean ruby ROM . Play the latest patched file on emulators like VBA
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:24 AM
fedakkos
Unhatched Egg

Hello :c
I can't play :c Can anyone help me?
When I'm in Meteor Falls and going to ?chat? with Zombies i have this error:
UNSUPPORTED BIOS FUNCTION EF CALLED FROM 08EA6C0C A BIOS FILE IS NEEDED IN ORDER TO GET THE CORRECT BEHAVIOUR
What should i do to fix it?
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:10 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedakkos View Post
Hello :c
I can't play :c Can anyone help me?
When I'm in Meteor Falls and going to ?chat? with Zombies i have this error:
UNSUPPORTED BIOS FUNCTION EF CALLED FROM 08EA6C0C A BIOS FILE IS NEEDED IN ORDER TO GET THE CORRECT BEHAVIOUR
What should i do to fix it?
Re-Patch with another ROM and try
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:48 AM
PALKY
Unhatched Egg

how can i patch something?
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALKY View Post
how can i patch something?
It sounds like we have another newcomer to ROM playing! (That's OK actually, nothing wrong with that. )

Before anything else, download IPSWin (I recommend this one for 32-bit systems, but I've also used it on 64-bit - like mine).

Next, you need to find a Ruby ROM. We can't tell you that part. You have to find that part. Google is your friend, and with some research into the ROM number used by the ROM community itself, you'll figure out where a download is with the help of friends like Google.

Assuming you find a Ruby ROM (without which the download on the first page of this thread is useless), download the IPS file.

Now...if you might want to play Ruby itself eventually on the emulator, or play other hacks that use Ruby as a ROMbase, you'll want to make a copy of the ROM so you don't have to go looking for it again in the future. You should be able to do this part within Windows easily.

Once you have your copy made, rename that copy to the same name as the IPS file, or your own name (heck, call it bathroom.gba if you really want to, though I recommend "Pokémon Snakewood Version" - you can omit "Version" if you want, and if your Windows shows extension, make sure the .gba stays!). Open IPSWin and locate the "File to Patch" (the GBA you just renamed) and the "IPS File to Use" (the file you downloaded from this thread). Confirm that all is OK to proceed, and wait. It will tell you when it's done.

At this point, download VisualBoyAdvance if you haven't already. Make sure the settings in the Options -> Emulator menu when you load for the first time are to allow a Real Time Clock, and a Save Type of 128k Flash (this prevents any problems with saving the games, which would otherwise force you to use save states as your method of saving).

All that's left now is to load VisualBoyAdvance, File -> Open and find the ROM in the folder (hopefully you put the ROM in the VBA folder). At this point, you are playing a ROMhack!

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 12th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Sofnyx

anyone had the problem when you start the rom and choose your sex as it shrinks you down it just freezes?

Old October 12th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
anyone had the problem when you start the rom and choose your sex as it shrinks you down it just freezes?
You might have the wrong version of Ruby. Try another and see if it still happens.

Cyclone

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links