Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old October 4th, 2012 (12:11 PM). Edited October 4th, 2012 by Cyclone.
Eye of the Storm

Send a message via Skype™ to Cyclone
Quote originally posted by zpittman999:
I just started playing Light Platinum and I have to say that it is amazing. I was wondering what game movesets do the Pokemon follow, and does anyone know where to find a guide for the moveset for Pokemon from this game that are from Gen IV and V?
The ROMbase is a third generation game (Ruby), so in general Pokémon follow those movesets. However, we don't have lists for hacked-in 4th-5th gen. Pokémon. If I can find the tools, I might put something together for this, but right now I'm doing the basic walkthrough. Imagine my challenge trying to decide whether to teach Snover "Giga Drain" when it never learned the move since creation; many moves it normally learns are ones created in later generations and I was wondering whether another Grass move was coming better than Razor Leaf, but still wanting stronger Ice type moves like Blizzard (which I predict will be learned).

EDIT: Now a new oddity. TM23 has had a mind of its own in my playing.

As you can see, I ended up with two of TM23. While I wish it was possible to later buy the nice TMs from shops as needed (and what do I know, maybe we can, I'm not in Lauren yet), these two both came from the same spot.

What happened is I went to collect it and it wasn't there. I went into the city and came back, nothing. I walked through the square and it suddenly appeared through my character. Left the tile and faced it, collected it. I then went about training; I actually found the TM regenerated somehow by accident (it just returned there as if a daily gift). Thinking I didn't save it in my inventory, of course I picked it up again, then found out I have two of them.

As I try to avoid using TMs, it won't have any impact on my playing; for some reason, I like collecting them just to have all of them. I make exceptions with the odd TM when it's purchasable.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 5th, 2012 (01:28 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Yeah, some items might reappear, it's a normal occuring in hacks...
You don't need to dig into every weird occurrence, y'know...? :/

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 5th, 2012 (02:45 AM). Edited October 5th, 2012 by alienhunterx.

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by CycloneGU:
I'm still trying to figure out where the darn HM03 for Surf is. According to WikiAnswers (yes, this became a question), it's located "just past where you captured Heatran in the Iron Mine, in Steelril City" and we need to "use RopeClimb on the wall". Where on Earth is this city? Is this that little island area that the minimap doesn't give a name to? I figure access to Alpha and Orange Islands will give use to the airplane I discovered recently, but this unnamed patch still defies explanation. I have noticed in scripts that there are eventual presumable legendary encounters in 407, 408, and 409 in the water, and I hate the thought I can't now backtrack without Surf on 407 since I could very well need something from the Safari Zone.

EDIT: All right, I have since learned it's found in Mt. Zhery from Steven himself, supposedly from Jasmine. These absent-minded professors forgetting to give you stuff all the time...but I found this through video research in episode 20, and I'm only at a point depicted in Episode 9. So I have to get through the fourth Gym to access it, and I may find HM05 (Lavasurf) first on the other half of Lake Marfeny. Now I see a partial reason the Pokémon levels are not increased much starting from Route 407 (408 is identical, 409 is even identical, and National Park has some LOWER levels). So at least every single one of my Pokémon can train somewhere on this side of the water! If I really get desperate for something from a place like the Safari Zone, I'll mockup a path back to Esmereld City.

Cyclone
I KNOW WHERE IT IS...The town from where Mount Oren begins i think Feller Town or something u know which comes after crossing the Bug forest.. Go west from there i-e towards the Maferney lake westward entrance (If u r confused). You will find the gym leader of Lauren league there. He gives you HM Surf when you talk with him

The ROMbase is a third generation game (Ruby), so in general Pokémon follow those movesets. However, we don't have lists for hacked-in 4th-5th gen. Pokémon. If I can find the tools, I might put something together for this, but right now I'm doing the basic walkthrough. Imagine my challenge trying to decide whether to teach Snover "Giga Drain" when it never learned the move since creation; many moves it normally learns are ones created in later generations and I was wondering whether another Grass move was coming better than Razor Leaf, but still wanting stronger Ice type moves like Blizzard (which I predict will be learned).

EDIT: Now a new oddity. TM23 has had a mind of its own in my playing.

As you can see, I ended up with two of TM23. While I wish it was possible to later buy the nice TMs from shops as needed (and what do I know, maybe we can, I'm not in Lauren yet), these two both came from the same spot.

What happened is I went to collect it and it wasn't there. I went into the city and came back, nothing. I walked through the square and it suddenly appeared through my character. Left the tile and faced it, collected it. I then went about training; I actually found the TM regenerated somehow by accident (it just returned there as if a daily gift). Thinking I didn't save it in my inventory, of course I picked it up again, then found out I have two of them.

As I try to avoid using TMs, it won't have any impact on my playing; for some reason, I like collecting them just to have all of them. I make exceptions with the odd TM when it's purchasable.

Cyclone
Same things happened with me on the beach area west of searound city. i found 2-3 Ice Beams TMs while circling around there.
Old October 5th, 2012 (04:47 AM).

When i exit snowce city, on my way to the team steam hidout, my way is blocked by a trainer wo keeps telling me i need strong pokemon to proceed, I know people who got true with all pokemon lv 45+ mine are all 50+ but he doesn't let me go true?
I really don't know what to do now
Old October 5th, 2012 (05:22 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Ash: was making sure it wasn't some weird bug in the items.

Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
I KNOW WHERE IT IS...The town from where Mount Oren begins i think Feller Town or something u know which comes after crossing the Bug forest.. Go west from there i-e towards the Maferney lake westward entrance (If u r confused). You will find the gym leader of Lauren league there. He gives you HM Surf when you talk with him
Actually, that's Lavasurf (HM05) according to a video. Did they get switched?

Quote originally posted by Qonvict:
When i exit snowce city, on my way to the team steam hidout, my way is blocked by a trainer wo keeps telling me i need strong pokemon to proceed, I know people who got true with all pokemon lv 45+ mine are all 50+ but he doesn't let me go true?
How many badges do you have? You might need to have every badge and have perhaps missed one; for instance, I heard you could cross the water on 407 without the second badge, so it would not surprise me for a badge to be missing from before Snowce.

Based on the redness of the cities I name, I presume there are seven badges inclusive of Snowce. In order: Inhore City (can't go on without it), Esmereld City (the one that you can accidentally miss, but now you can head back for it!), Seanport City (where I am now, and you can't miss it; you need it for Rock Smash TM), Dardusk City, Groment City, Serenity City, Snowce City. Fly to all of these cities (except Inhore and Seanport where you can't proceed without them) and check that you'd been to the Gym...or check your badges and any missing gap will reveal the hole in the list.

If that's not the problem, post your save and someone will take a look.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 5th, 2012 (05:27 AM).

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlackWhiteRobin
umm.... emboar evolved to scolipede??????
Old October 5th, 2012 (05:29 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Same things happened with me on the beach area west of searound city. i found 2-3 Ice Beams TMs while circling around there.
3 Reito Biimu? :D I wouldn't be against it :D

Quote originally posted by Qonvict:
It's just random talk... you don't need to take it literally =D
That guy's there because you probably forgot to do some event...
Have you beaten the Gym Leader? :D

@robin: You are using wrong version. The newer one fixes this.

Old October 5th, 2012 (06:01 AM).

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlackWhiteRobin
Old October 5th, 2012 (06:02 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by robin22gongon:
umm...see the post above your duplicate one.

Cyclone

Old October 6th, 2012 (03:23 AM).

Ash: was making sure it wasn't some weird bug in the items.

Actually, that's Lavasurf (HM05) according to a video. Did they get switched?

No. they are not switched sorry about that. Well surf comes after a long time in the game
Old October 6th, 2012 (06:55 AM).
Eye of the Storm

No. they are not switched sorry about that. Well surf comes after a long time in the game
Exactly.

All right, I have since learned it's found in Mt. Zhery from Steven himself, supposedly from Jasmine. These absent-minded professors forgetting to give you stuff all the time...
That's the answer I found after the original post, hence why it said "EDIT".

Cyclone

Old October 6th, 2012 (08:54 AM).

Best...Hack...Ever...
I just played some and it's epic.
Old October 7th, 2012 (08:38 AM).

This is a amazing hack! I played through the entire game(caught ALL the legendaries) and I must say this is one extremely long hack! My team at the end was :Charizard Lv.75
Electivire Lv.77
Feraligatr Lv.75
Tyranitar Lv.72
Toxicroak Lv.72
Torterra Lv.58
Now I still need to beat the World Champion, but its only Lv 100 pokemon so I probably won't do it...
Oh, and I played the entire hack on a Flashcart for the GBA
Old October 7th, 2012 (01:05 PM).

Can someone please tell me where i can get Exp. Share ?
Old October 7th, 2012 (01:29 PM). Edited October 7th, 2012 by Cyclone.
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by trickser:
Can someone please tell me where i can get Exp. Share ?
I know of two! Let me quote both passages from the walkthrough I'm writing (still early given I'm prepping for the Imatari Islands area now):

First, from Inhore City:

Quote:
Before doing ANYTHING else, go to the University and get the Exp. Share from a man on the ground floor. Before turning around and leaving, head upstairs. Someone on the left side of the third floor somehow knows your name and offers you another free Pokémon (boy, aren't we special?).
(The University is due south of the Combee Ranch or whatever you call it in the north of the city.)

Secondly, after crossing the waterway which you cannot return south on until much later in the game (this is on Route 407), we have this passage for Bramboch Town due north of there:

Quote:
There is a Larvitar to pick up in the first house, and a second Exp. Share (just in case you didn't get the first) at the north end of town to the left of the airport.
I'm rewriting this; it actually comes from the girl standing next to the Pokémon Center. North end has nada.

There could be others, but typically one is enough if used properly.

Cyclone

Old October 7th, 2012 (03:02 PM).

So my best poke was charizard at the water gym so I saved before the fight now the gym puzzle is undone and I can't leave the gym...

Fml I could just black out..... but I saw this is a major bug really

Remember i live in England so its like 2am for me when everyone gets active with battling here which is why i dont respond alot due to being asleep
Old October 7th, 2012 (07:12 PM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Sofnyx:
So my best poke was charizard at the water gym so I saved before the fight now the gym puzzle is undone and I can't leave the gym...

Fml I could just black out..... but I saw this is a major bug really
You're not the first to report this. I've sent you a PM with directions on a way to fix it, but I might make a service out of this in the future. I've hacked a way out of the Gym in my copy by going through the walls (I'm not there yet, but in case I make the same mistake, I'm prepared), so I can take care of this service in the future.

Cyclone

Old October 8th, 2012 (01:31 AM).

Quote originally posted by Jerrys123111:
This is a amazing hack! I played through the entire game(caught ALL the legendaries) and I must say this is one extremely long hack! My team at the end was :Charizard Lv.75
Electivire Lv.77
Feraligatr Lv.75
Tyranitar Lv.72
Toxicroak Lv.72
Torterra Lv.58
Now I still need to beat the World Champion, but its only Lv 100 pokemon so I probably won't do it...
Oh, and I played the entire hack on a Flashcart for the GBA
No bro I will definitely make u say that you should have a go at the championship. Believe me it's not that hard
Old October 9th, 2012 (03:22 PM).

stuck on 7th gym girl came out and i completely skipped what she said now i cant find the 7th gym leader :/

i wish dragons didn't suck till there final evolution ._.

Remember i live in England so its like 2am for me when everyone gets active with battling here which is why i dont respond alot due to being asleep
Old October 9th, 2012 (03:33 PM).
Eye of the Storm

stuck on 7th gym girl came out and i completely skipped what she said now i cant find the 7th gym leader :/

i wish dragons didn't suck till there final evolution ._.
Wait a minute. The water Gym is the third Gym. Where on Earth are you located? I don't know the 7th Gym yet.

Cyclone

Old October 9th, 2012 (05:52 PM).

Thanks for the help before I just blacked out and beat it 7th is the ice gym

Old October 9th, 2012 (11:52 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Wait a minute. The water Gym is the third Gym. Where on Earth are you located? I don't know the 7th Gym yet.
Dude... you're slow xD

Thanks for the help before I just blacked out and beat it 7th is the ice gym
Gym Leader of the Ice Gym is in Mt. Icestorm. You need to meet up with her 2 times, though.
Firstly, you meet her near the entrance and secondly near to the exit.

Old October 10th, 2012 (01:29 AM).

Probably due to the fact that he is working on a walk through you know...
Old October 10th, 2012 (10:45 AM).
Eye of the Storm

Quote originally posted by Ash493:
Dude... you're slow xD
That's because...

Probably due to the fact that he is working on a walk through you know...
^ This.

I also took a break to see what's in the Ice Path in SoulSilver. I'm rather disappointed with the discovery: a Swinub and a Delibird. Delibird proves, well, useless...and Swinub based on my experience in this very hack (and now with a little time playing in SoulSilver as well) is also useless until it evolves at Lv.33. Jynx is the one, strangely enough, that I'm holding out hope for! Are these really the only three Ice Pokémon in Johto?

NEway, that's off-topic. I'm ready to start the Lighthouse in this hack. I expect it and the Gym to be a breeze, until the leader at least.

Cyclone

Old October 10th, 2012 (11:26 AM).

Afternoon all,

Im new to these forums so ill try and get a quick catch up... the Pokemon Game/Hack we are discussing here is Pokemon Light Platinum yea?

Is it the LP version that involved the start being you being taken to central city on a salamance to translate some "Alpha" tablet? which gets blown up by an Empoleon?

Regards

Razer
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)