The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2012, 01:53 AM
folksychipmunk

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
I have not seen anything on this anywhere. I wonder if it was a marking done by QC at Wizards. Was this the only rare in the booster you pulled it from? It may not be a misprint if it was pulled from a repackaged booster. It looks like a heart stamp done separately from the printing process for the rest of the card, as its color doesn't seem to match the color of the HP text.
i'm fairly certain it was done by wizard. i've read ebay posts of people with one. also here is a link to flickr where someone has one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mfridgeway/6753427865/

Old September 23rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Pudd

Quote:
I need more details than that. How many are 1st edition cards?
I'd say a good 2000 are first edition, with the others being from the second generation and the diamond/pearl generation.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:24 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudd View Post
I'd say a good 2000 are first edition, with the others being from the second generation and the diamond/pearl generation.
That's not quite what I meant by 1st Edition. I meant, how many have black circles with a 1 inside that circle printed on the card to the bottom left side of the picture (in the case of the cards of the Pokemon themselves), on the top right near the word Energy on energy cards, or on the bottom right in the text box on the Trainer cards?

Otherwise, the best guess assessment I can give you is $0.02 to $0.05 apiece for the commons and uncommons for each bulk lot you'd want to sell them in, just to get rid of the bulk cards. Most major TCG retailers that buy cards have stopped buying commons in bulk because they just have so many in stock.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:32 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by folksychipmunk View Post
i'm fairly certain it was done by wizard. i've read ebay posts of people with one. also here is a link to flickr where someone has one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mfridgeway/6753427865/
As far as I've read, eBay and here (that Flickr photo you linked was actually posted by another user in another thread in an attempt to get more info on it) seems to be the only place people are discussing it. Can't find any info on it on ANY of the other major Pokemon TCG forums around today, and it doesn't seem to be a well-enough known misprint to have made it onto Bulbapedia. Kind of odd that there's so little info on it out there, really, which is why I suspect that some store did the damage and then resealed it inside a pack.
Old September 24th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Pudd

Quote:
That's not quite what I meant by 1st Edition. I meant, how many have black circles with a 1 inside that circle printed on the card to the bottom left side of the picture (in the case of the cards of the Pokemon themselves), on the top right near the word Energy on energy cards, or on the bottom right in the text box on the Trainer cards?

Otherwise, the best guess assessment I can give you is $0.02 to $0.05 apiece for the commons and uncommons for each bulk lot you'd want to sell them in, just to get rid of the bulk cards. Most major TCG retailers that buy cards have stopped buying commons in bulk because they just have so many in stock.
I know, sorry that was badly written. I'd say a good 2000 are series one, first edition cards. The rest are an assortment of series cards, with unknown edition. I'm sorry I can't check them all now, they're in a different country - I just moved house >.<
Old September 24th, 2012, 04:36 PM
folksychipmunk

Nature: Lax
Well, I sent an email to Wizards of the Coast so hopefully they will get back to me. If not, oh well. lol

Old September 26th, 2012, 09:40 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by folksychipmunk View Post
Well, I sent an email to Wizards of the Coast so hopefully they will get back to me. If not, oh well. lol
Do let us know if they get back to you! I'm very curious about the origins of this card.
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:36 AM
LuckyLucario2000

Nature: Calm
I found some shinies in the tins I've bought recently. Here they are.

Hope they're worth something.

Old September 27th, 2012, 12:49 PM
ChristGilely
Charizard Obsessor

Nature: Bold
I have a 1996 Dewgong Japanese Pocket Monsters card. It has a black diamond in the lower right corner but I'm not sure what the first edition mark looks like. Also, i would like to know how much it is worth. Thank you :3
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristGilely View Post
I have a 1996 Dewgong Japanese Pocket Monsters card. It has a black diamond in the lower right corner but I'm not sure what the first edition mark looks like. Also, i would like to know how much it is worth. Thank you :3
That means uncommon. Im not too familiar with japanese cards, but on english cards, the first editions will have a 1 next to the picture and "edition" written in an arc above it.

EX:

Id guess and say that it isnt really worth enough to sell. Probably no more than a buck, 2 max. Though as i said, i dont know too much about japanese cards.
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Zyzz
Unhatched Egg

Hi guys, i am new here .

I have read the first post, but i have 10-15 cards which i need to ask you guys what is average value of each card, u dont need to tell me accurate, but i want to have overall vision of my cards value.

I used to collect pokemon cards when i was kid so i have some old holos.

I am wondering how much could cost shining kabutops, raichu, tyranitar, celebi and magicarp (all are shining, but magicarp is a bit different and it's from Neo Revelations)

Same goes for crystal crobat, charizard and holem. (skyridge).

And i have all holo trainer cards, from Brock to Giovanni + 3 Team rocket holo trainer cards (Here comes team rocket, Rocket's sneak attack, The rocket's trap). How much i could ask for them as a collection.

And last one is some Japanise charizard edition, picture of pokemon is non holo, bur rest of card is holo, and on back is not pokemon, but pocket monsters, version of charizard is one with 120hp and 100 damage + pokemon power. Here is how it look's like -> .ebay.com/itm/Rare-Japanese-Charizard-Pocket-Monsters-Pokemon-foil-holo-card-/120992217801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2bb2bac9 (add www before, as it wont let me post this link since i dont have mroe then 15 posts)

Ty and sorry for asking you for that many cards.

Last edited by Zyzz; September 28th, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old September 28th, 2012, 11:35 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralikazam View Post
I found some shinies in the tins I've bought recently. Here they are.

Hope they're worth something.

Voltorb, being that it's a secret rare, is around $10 to $15.

Golett, however, would barely be worth $0.15, seeing as how it's a reverse holofoil of a common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristGilely View Post
Most likely, $0.50. Japanese cards aren't very sought after unless their holofoil cards, and even then, they still are generally less valuable than their English language counterparts. At least outside of Japan, that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzz View Post
Hi guys, i am new here :).

I have read the first post, but i have 10-15 cards which i need to ask you guys what is average value of each card, u dont need to tell me accurate, but i want to have overall vision of my cards value.

I am wondering how much could cost shining kabutops, raichu, tyranitar, celebi and magicarp (all are shining, but magicarp is a bit different and it's from Neo Revelations)

And i have all holo trainer cards, from Brock to Giovanni + 3 Team rocket holo trainer cards (Here comes team rocket, Rocket's sneak attack, The rocket's trap). How much i could ask for them as a collection.

And last one is some Japanise charizard edition, picture of pokemon is non holo, bur rest of card is holo, and on back is not pokemon, but pocket monsters, version of charizard is one with 120hp and 100 damage + pokemon power. Here is how it look's like -> .ebay.com/itm/Rare-Japanese-Charizard-Pocket-Monsters-Pokemon-foil-holo-card-/120992217801?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2bb2bac9 (add www before, as it wont let me post this link since i dont have mroe then 15 posts)

I'll get to yours later. It's getting late and I'm running low on energy right now.
Old September 29th, 2012, 03:26 AM
LuckyLucario2000

Nature: Calm
Thanks Donavann! I didn't think Golett would be worth much but thanks for the appraisal!
Old September 29th, 2012, 01:30 PM
OleGenerico
Unhatched Egg

Can someone please look at my post on page 9 and tell me how much those charizards are worth? I want them on Ebay asap, thanks.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 03:25 AM
Zyzz
Unhatched Egg

Any news about my cards ? U dont need to examine all, just ones that u think they might be worth the most.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 02:03 PM
Eenet
Unhatched Egg

h ttp://imageshack.us/f/819/pokemonxl.png/

I would like to put it all on ebay. 1161 cards.
how much can I sell it all
Old October 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM
kevster25
Unhatched Egg

How much is my Fossil deck Golem worth? well, i think it is fossil, it has a bone-like hand that has 3 long fingers and a thumb, but, im still a little new to the cardgame so, yea, how much is it?
Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:13 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eenet View Post
h ttp://imageshack.us/f/819/pokemonxl.png/

I would like to put it all on ebay. 1161 cards.
how much can I sell it all
Too many listed. Narrow that down to the ones you'd most like priced, please.

Quote:
Any news about my cards :(? U dont need to examine all, just ones that u think they might be worth the most.
Sorry, things have been pretty busy on my end still! My entire weekend has been taken up by a wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleGenerico View Post
Can someone please look at my post on page 9 and tell me how much those charizards are worth? I want them on Ebay asap, thanks.
Japanese one, $3 to $5 in the condition it's in.

English Charizard $15 to $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster25 View Post
How much is my Fossil deck Golem worth? well, i think it is fossil, it has a bone-like hand that has 3 long fingers and a thumb, but, im still a little new to the cardgame so, yea, how much is it?
$0.10 at best.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:16 AM
F1refly
Master of Infinite Darkness

Nature: Quirky
I've got a few cards that I'm interested in getting a value on:

Holgraphic Absol Card:
70 Hp
Quick Attack - 10+ Damage
Feint Attack

Bottom right corner (not the corner of the card, but the corner on the yellow border) has 16 Shiny bars

Bottom left border corner has a large Blue E with a star next to it.

Above the shiny bars mentioned before is a four pointed star, to the left of that is a small five pointed star and the number 96/95

Kabutops Holographic card:
110 Hp
Poke-BODY Primal Stare
Luring Antenna 20 Damage
Blinding Scythe 60 damage

Has a Star mark in the bottom left corner as well as what looks what might be a cave with a sun rising over it (marking)
10/108

Then I've got a First Edition Holgraphic Machamp that came with the 2-Player Started Set from 1998

Also got four Promo cards from the first pokemon movie which are:
Electabuzz 60 HP
Pikachu 50 HP
Mewtwo 70 HP
Dragonite 90 HP

All have got a stamp that says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie"

If these are worthless, don't worry about breaking it to me gently, I can take it
Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:48 AM
Eenet
Unhatched Egg

Other How Many ID Holo
Dark Charizard 1 4/82 Yes
Exploud 1 3/106 Yes
Magneton 1 9/130 Yes
Minum 1 7/97 Yes
Flaaffy 1 27/97 Yes
Magneton 1 11/62 Yes
Raichu 1 14/102 Yes
Aerodactyl 2 1/62 Yes
Machamp 2 8/102 Yes
Hitmonchan 1 7/102 Yes
Golem EX 1 91/97 Yes
Azurill 1 31/100 Yes
Swablu 1 75/97 Yes
Kangaskhan 1 5/64 Yes
Erika's Dragonair 1 4/132 Yes
Desert Ruins 1 88/101 Yes
Dragonite 1 4/62 Yes
Chansey 1 3/130 Yes
Ninetales 2 12/102 Yes
Charizard 2 4/130 Yes
Rhyhorn 1 62/106 Yes
Slugma 1 72/97 Yes
Entei 1 34 Promo Yes
Dark Alakazam 1 1/82 Yes
Banette 1 1/101 Yes
Mewtwo 1 10/102 Yes
Beldum 1 54/101 Yes
Sabrina's Gengar 1 14/132 Yes
Jirachi 1 8/101 Yes
Gengar 1 5/62 Yes
Pinsir 1 9/64 Yes
Nidoqueen 1 7/64 Yes
Victreebel 1 14/64 Yes
Erika's Vileplume 1 5/132 Yes
Muk 1 13/62 Yes
Shedinja 1 11/97 Yes
Dark Arbok 1 2/82 Yes
Vileplume 1 15/64 Yes
Cacnea 1 24/95 Yes
Dark Blastoiste 1 3/82 Yes
Relicanth 1 24/101 Yes
Swampert 1 11/106 Yes
Mudkip 1 65/97 Yes
Gyarados 1 6/102 Yes
Venosaur 2 15/102 Yes
Dark Celebi 1 4/101 Yes
Skarmory 1 21/97 No
Tyranitar 1 31/75 No
Houndour 1 59/97 No
Poochyena 1 55/95 No
Poochyena 1 65/95 No
Darkness Energy 2 93/109 No
Full Heal Energy 1 81/82 No
Water Energy 1 103/106 Yes
Fire Energy 1 102/106 Yes
61 of 1,161 unique Pokemon. Other Pokemon are from the first series such as "machop, Ponyta ..."
Old October 10th, 2012, 09:57 PM
PeaGuy2012
Unhatched Egg

I have nine cards from the original 1996 pocket monsters thingy; Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Croconaw, Quilava, Meganium (shiny), Feraligator (shiny), Typhlosion (shiny). I would like to know how much they are worth. The ID no. go from No. 152 - No. 160 and all are completely in Japanese.
Old October 10th, 2012, 11:37 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Okay, just a quick little reply here because I'm doing a lot of things at once right now. I'll try to get people I missed later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaGuy2012 View Post
I have nine cards from the original 1996 pocket monsters thingy; Chikorita, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, Croconaw, Quilava, Meganium (shiny), Feraligator (shiny), Typhlosion (shiny). I would like to know how much they are worth. The ID no. go from No. 152 - No. 160 and all are completely in Japanese.
I need a bit more information. Do you have a limited edition binder that these came in? Whether you have that or not affects the value somewhat.
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:28 AM
chris1067
Unhatched Egg

hello , i have just been looking through my pokemon cards and i have found one unique to my others and im not sure how much it is worth thanks i will post some pictures when i can

itsays it was made in 2004 is 25/112 and has a silver shiny star in the bottom right corner. But do you see it has a shiny symbol on the middle of the card? thats what i was wondering as i have never seen it on a pokemon card before

Last edited by chris1067; October 14th, 2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Sidestepper
Unhatched Egg

Hey all, I used to be very into collecting pokemon cards, but I fell out of it in the early 2000s. I held on to a single card from my collection. The Imakuni? Trainer card

I can't post a picture since this is my first post, but apparently it's a CoroCoro promo from 1997.

Any idea on it's value?
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:13 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Hi guys, i am new here :).

Shining Kabutops: $25 to $30
Shining Raichu: $15 to $20
Shining Tyranitar: $15 to $20
Shining Celebi: $20 to $25
Shining Magikarp: $10 to $15
Crystal Crobat: $25 to $30
Crystal Charizard: $70 to $80
Crystal Golem: $15 to $20

As for the Gym Leader cards, I'd assume $3 to $5 apiece, based on the prices of Brock, Misty, and Giovanni.
The Team Rocket related cards would fetch $2 to $4 apiece.
I'd advise against selling them as a collection.

As for that Charizard, I can't figure out which one that is so I can properly look up completed auctions on the card. The auction description there is too vague and would likely get 6 different Charizard cards with those characteristics if I were to search using those terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1refly View Post
I've got a few cards that I'm interested in getting a value on:

Holgraphic Absol Card:
70 Hp
Quick Attack - 10+ Damage
Feint Attack

Bottom right corner (not the corner of the card, but the corner on the yellow border) has 16 Shiny bars

Bottom left border corner has a large Blue E with a star next to it.

Above the shiny bars mentioned before is a four pointed star, to the left of that is a small five pointed star and the number 96/95

Kabutops Holographic card:
110 Hp
Poke-BODY Primal Stare
Luring Antenna 20 Damage
Blinding Scythe 60 damage

Has a Star mark in the bottom left corner as well as what looks what might be a cave with a sun rising over it (marking)
10/108

Then I've got a First Edition Holgraphic Machamp that came with the 2-Player Started Set from 1998

Also got four Promo cards from the first pokemon movie which are:
Electabuzz 60 HP
Pikachu 50 HP
Mewtwo 70 HP
Dragonite 90 HP

All have got a stamp that says "Kids WB Presents POKEMON The First Movie"

If these are worthless, don't worry about breaking it to me gently, I can take it :)
Absol: $6 to $9.
Kabutops: $2 to $3.
Machamp: $3 to $5.

All 4 of those movie promos are worth $2 to $3. There were and are just too many of them in circulation, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1067 View Post
hello :), i have just been looking through my pokemon cards and i have found one unique to my others and im not sure how much it is worth thanks i will post some pictures when i can

itsays it was made in 2004 is 25/112 and has a silver shiny star in the bottom right corner. But do you see it has a shiny symbol on the middle of the card? thats what i was wondering as i have never seen it on a pokemon card before :)
Oh, that Hypno? That symbol used on the background of the card is the set symbol for the ex:FireRed and LeafGreen set. I think it's the special holo version of that card that was only included in certain theme decks. Value for that is $1 to $2 at best. Not worth very much at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidestepper View Post
Hey all, I used to be very into collecting pokemon cards, but I fell out of it in the early 2000s. I held on to a single card from my collection. The Imakuni? Trainer card

I can't post a picture since this is my first post, but apparently it's a CoroCoro promo from 1997.

Any idea on it's value?
Uh... my guess is $20, but there's not much to go on in the past 3 months of sales, seeing as it's not a commonly sold card.

Sponsored Links