The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Old Posted October 6th, 2012 (12:11 AM).
Crux
Evermore

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Crux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbjerr View Post
I'll be the odd one out and say Routes 40-41.

I have the compulsion to battle every swimmer I come across, so I end up spending about an hour of playtime alone in this one area, weaving my way around the Whirl Islands, and battling every single trainer and wild Tentacool/Mantine I see. Since I also have the compulsion to keep my pokémon evenly-levelled, I eventually have to rotate my Quilava and my Sandslash into the front lines against all these water-pokemon. My Quilava will eventually fall in battle and I have to swim all the way back to Olivine city or Cianwood City to get a heal and then come all the way back.

I don't even like doing this stretch of the game in HG/SS. D:
That's really funny,i'm the same way!
I'd have to say old man candy bar annoyed me the most,took me forever to figure out how to get past him. X/

{Never and Forever}

Tees | Coming Soon | Coming Soon
Old Posted October 6th, 2012 (02:02 AM).
Yuzuru Otonashi
A new start...

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Yuzuru Otonashi Send a message via Skype™ to Yuzuru Otonashi
That *insert expletives of your choice* Miltank. NOTHING was as bad as that thing.
Old Posted October 6th, 2012 (03:59 AM).
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuzuru Otonashi View Post
That *insert expletives of your choice* Miltank. NOTHING was as bad as that thing.
Miltank was the only thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title.
Old Posted October 6th, 2012 (01:26 PM).
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

Nature: Quirky
Not being able to walk behind trees and buildings. Also applies to the first generation, but still bugged me in this one. :P

As for gameplay, Team Rocket in Goldenrod pissed me off. So much.
Old Posted October 6th, 2012 (06:09 PM).
Kanade Otonashi
<3

For me, it was the Egg you get from the Daycare couple in Crystal. I never get what I want, let alone it actually being shiny like it's supposed to be. D<
Old Posted October 8th, 2012 (04:17 PM).
sbs_will_monoxide
Ghost Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Team rocket's hideout is annoying as all hell. Ice paths aren't much better.
Old Posted October 11th, 2012 (05:07 AM).
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
The most annoying is either the Radio tower, or the roaming legendaries... I never seem to be able to catch them
Old Posted October 11th, 2012 (06:04 AM).
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
It has to be Ice Path.
That drove me crazy!! All the ice puzzles, too many for a short cave.
Old Posted October 11th, 2012 (08:27 AM).
Hexagon

Morty's gengar. Hypnosis with hax 100% hit followed by dream eater and more dream eater.
Whitney's miltank totally annoying but found out that nidorino learns double kick later on so after the first time i just went with nidorino =3
Old Posted October 11th, 2012 (08:35 AM).
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuzuru Otonashi View Post
When I was a kid, this. Totally this.

In my current Crystal playthrough, Miltank went down easy after I leveled everyone up once, getting my Chikorita PoisonPowder and my Gastly curse. Thus, all I needed to do was stall with Chikorita's Reflect up.

Other boss Pokemon that annoyed the crap out of me were Bugsy's Scyther and Jasmine's Steelix. I was a kid who had no grasp of type advantages and Steelix took forever. Chikorita makes the game the challenge I want xD

Really, it was just the frustration of endless tries taking down the beasts that gym leaders sent out. Nowadays, I want INTENSE BATTLE! BEGIN!

Nowadays, it's kind of annoying going back so far and having what seems to be an unpolished game, but that's only because it's so old - for its time, it was something else. It's hard to go back before Gen III... I always find myself worrying about Static and Poison Point even though abilities don't exist xD
Old Posted October 11th, 2012 (11:28 AM).
YourPokemonLPs
Unhatched Egg

The ice path and radio tower were really frustrating to me. When I was playing as a child, I wasn't smart enough to figure out the ice path and it took me ages to do. The whole team rocket thing was annoying because they all had similar Pokemon and it just got so redundant.

Episode One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu9C_Xgh2BI

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YourPokemonLPs
Old Posted October 12th, 2012 (02:31 AM).
GoatOdyssey
Unhatched Egg

Only thing that ever gave me a hard time, deffinitely Whitneys Miltank! haha the constant rollout/milkdrink/attract
Old Posted October 12th, 2012 (10:02 PM).
RichterSnipes
Simpleton

Nature: Modest
My personal "annoying" moment was the Snorlax blocking the entrance to Diglett Cave. How in the world was I supposed to know that I had to tune in to the Poké Flute channel made just for this purpose and then press A on the sleeping giant? I was sidelined for a good couple of weeks...curse you for not being present in my house at the time, internet.

Also, I think this also counts as annoying, although I think it's kind of unfair to say that a vastly watered-down Kanto could be considered "annoying" when we should just be glad enough that Game Freak let us go back there in any capacity.

But, it really is the only thing that makes me feel kind of bad about the game (otherwise it's Gold-en!). No Safari Zone, pint-sized versions of maps (Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon, Victory Road), missing Kanto tunes, disappointing battle remixes, and an "excused" lack of Cinnabar Island...all of those things eventually leave the player with a feeling of "they could have tried harder." Yeah, I know the Safari Zone and Cinnabar would have properly in the game given more time, but still, they could have tried harder!
Old Posted October 19th, 2012 (01:53 PM).
Shadow_Angel
Quit telling me to be happy.

Nature: Serious
Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Angel
I think the thing that annoyed me the most was Team Rocket's Hideout, and I always get so confused trying to get to Golden Rod town.. it confused me. x-x and I'm trying to get to Ho-oh and I just. ugh. And I once found a wild Suicune, no lie, but it fled before I could catch it D:

Tumblr|Twitter|Fanfiction account
Old Posted October 21st, 2012 (04:45 AM).
TeamEmpoleon
Unhatched Egg

WATER and ZUBATS.
Fighting against Tentacools, Tentacruels, Magikarps and Zubats awful. So, frustrating.

Yellow: Pikachu x SoulSilver: Chikorita
Gold: Cyndaquil x Ruby: Treecko
Silver: Cyndaquil x Sapphire: Mudkip
Emerald: Torchic x Diamond: Piplup
Pearl: Piplup x Platinum: Piplup

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links