The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

View Poll Results: What are you guys doing for Halloween this year?
Trick-or-treating 1 4.35%
Giving out candy 1 4.35%
Going to a haunted house(s) 0 0%
Having/invited to a party 1 4.35%
Watching movies/TV at home 6 26.09%
Absolutely nothing. 5 21.74%
Other plans not mentioned 5 21.74%
I don't know yet 2 8.70%
We don't celebrate Halloween in my country. 2 8.70%
I hate Halloween 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Kouzan
When did the sky turn black?

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Kouzan
Halloween is 20 days away. I know that's not really close, but I really wanted to make this topic soon. Hope this will still be active until it's a bit closer to the actual holiday.

But anyway.

What do you guys do on Halloween? Do you have a yearly tradition such as go trick-or-treating or give out candy? Do you visit haunted houses or go to Halloween parties? Or do you just sit at home and watch scary movies? Or do you just do nothing special?

What about this year, what are your plans for this year? (if you have any yet). If you're trick-or-treating or going to a party, what are you going as? If you don't have plans yet,come back when you have plans what you think you might do?

Sorry for all the questions. lol

When I was younger ,I would go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood, though I got too old for that. I've only been to two Halloween parties so far. One at my youth group where I was an emo zombie, and one my senior year at a friends house where I was Ash. (A pretty good Ash if I say so myself.)I tried giving out candy one year but it got boring since not alot of kids live nearby.

This year I don't have much plans. Won't be giving out candy since my dad can't afford some. We're not even decorating the house except what we have decorated inside. My dad believes that if you put Halloween decorations up outside, that people assume you're giving out candy. All my family is likely to do this year is sit at home and watch scary/Halloween related movies, if anything at all. I'm hoping to getting invited to a Halloween party, though it's not likely knowing how un-social I am. If I do I'm thinking of going as a hipster. I just really want to make fun of them. XD

How about you guys?

Oh oh these are beautiful times.
Clubs: Dark Type Club | Adventure Time Club
EGC | BMGf | DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Last edited by Kouzan; October 10th, 2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Nevermind. Correcting grammar now.
Old October 11th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
Absolutely nothing. Maybe I'll scare the kids with my overlarge teeth. I don't know.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old October 11th, 2012, 05:51 AM
The Sly Fox

I used to go trick-or-treating, but then I obviously got too old and started a new tradition with my friends. They come over my house and we watch horror films all night with candy. Also, we give out candy to the trick-or-treaters.

Old October 11th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Patchisou Yutohru

I have work, so that's what I'll be doing.
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Razor Leaf
how unfortunate

Party as usual probably, maybe going to a club or something afterwards idk. My friends back home and I have always made a big thing out of Halloween and made sure we have fun one way or another - my favourite time being when I went to a party as an undead leprechaun. And people here seem pretty into it too so... yeah, should be a good laugh.
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Esper

Going to the corn maze. :D That won't happen on Halloween itself, but it's part of the Halloween experience for me.

Probably it's going to be a night of watching movies and eating candy. I might have to work late though so Halloween might have to be moved to the weekend before or after for me. :(

deviantart blog pair
Old October 11th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Wateria
The cute team Aqua member

Nature: Naughty
This year we are having a Halloween party at my auntie's because here we don't do trick or treating.
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:13 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
I actually got invited to a party this year. Apparently it's going to be really big which is kinda what scares me. I'll probably just go for a bit then come back home and eat candy that I bought because it's no longer free. :P
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:19 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I don't know what I'll be going as for Halloween, so I might stay at home and give out candy.

Old October 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Playful_Weasel
I just want to play!

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I just stay home and watch horror movies and eat seafood. I have not been trick-or-treating since 1998 (12 years ago).
Watchog's #1 Fan!!
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
- FC on Trainer Card
Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:26 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I am 24. Definitely not doing trick-or-treating, and we'll get five trick-or-treaters tops here. I suck at making costumes and I really don't like dressing up anyway. Horror movies aren't my thing. So I'm probably just... not going to do anything but order pizza, like normal. Halloween seems to be something I outgrew after graduating from high school...
Old October 15th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Catholic Nun
Back in the habit.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Catholic Nun
We don't really celebrate Halloween in Australia... well we kinda do, but not nearly to the extent of America. People have Halloween parties (because it's an excuse to get dressed up and get drunk) and there are always a few kids trick-or-treating (and I do only mean a few), but that's basically all.

We always leave some candy by the door just in case we do get any trick-or-treaters (the doorbell never rings more than twice), and my own personal tradition is to go to work and look at all the people coming in in their Halloween costumes on their way out to parties. I think my favourite was when a guy came in in a mankini.

Moderator of Chit Chat Cafe
Old October 15th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Hikamaru
τόσο χαριτωμένα

Nature: Quirky
I do like Halloween but I don't go trick-or-treating since I'm a big girl but I love watching a nice scary movie or two, and man I do a hell of an evil laugh.

I'm 20, so don't expect me knocking on your door saying "Trick or treat?". However the candy is enticing so I guess it's not a big deal.

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old October 15th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Minerva
the S I R E N S are calling

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
Probably not gonna celebrate Halloween as much this year. I have Spanish class that night. But I do look forward to the candy.
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Twilight Sky
» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪

Send a message via AIM to Twilight Sky Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight Sky Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight Sky
Absolutely nothing n_n;;

If I worked Halloween, that might've been a different story, actually! But since I don't, I'm kind of just sitting at home on that day, watching all the other kids going trick-or-treating and whatever. XD
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Sammi
I ate my usertitle. :(

Nature: Lax
Working. Whether in the morning or evening, I don't know. If I do the evening shift, we'll have a million kids in the mall getting candy from the stores. It's a safe Trick-or-Treat location. Either last year or the year before, I got to hand out candy. It was pretty fun!

If I'm at home, I'm going to do the usual stuff I do at home. My apartment's a few blocks from campus, so no kids Trick-or-Treating. Might buy candy just in case, and then eat it all later.
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I'm probably not going to be doing anything. I'm 'too old' (though I look like I'm fourteen ... which to some people it still too old) for Trick or Treating and I haven't actually done so in years. I don't think the optimist festival that i will be going to in order to watch my brother's band is on Halloween this year so I'll probably end up sitting at my house. no one trick or treats on our street because it would take forever and wouldn't be worth it so we won't be giving out candy either.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:32 AM
93Aiwass
Getting Back into Pokemon

Nature: Careful
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Lots of magickal practice, LBRPs, Liber Israfel and some practice in the Goetia... and perhaps midnight Resh.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Here is what I look like, in case you were curious.
Babalon is my mother, and she loves me.
I'm an initiate of a secret society... Hmm, do secret societies have websites?
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I stopped trick or treating a couple of years ago, and since I live on the main road we never get visitors. >_> So yeah. Nothing odd for me.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old October 18th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Jackrico77
Micheal

Nature: Quiet
im a senor in high school plus its a pain in the ass trick or treating in Florida the heats crazy even in fall
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I play Dungeons & Dragons every Wednesday and Hallowe'en falls on a Wednesday this year so I'll be at a friend's house (probably?) ignoring the door that day.

If DnD is cancelled or it weren't happening, the plan would be to plunk down and play a scary video game while my roommates watch because they're wusses and won't play any themselves but love watching, pausing only to hand out candy to kids at the door because my roommates also refuse to do that. (Although I'd probably be able to make them do one or the other.)

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Nature: Quiet
I usually have class Wednesday nights, but I have it off this Halloween! :D Why couldn't that have been last year when they were showing Ghostbusters at the movie theatre? ;___;

My plan is either:

A) Stay home, put on some Halloween music, and hand out candy at the door. I wasn't home last year and apparently we got a lot more kids then we were expecting last time around.

2) I'm searching and holding out hope that someone in Toronto is screening Ghostbusters. If they are, I am there.

3) Maybe going down town for a "Day of the Dead" (or whatever it is actually called. That Mexican holiday?) food truck festival at night. I hate entry tickets though. I don't want to pay to get in if I need to pay for the food too

4) Whatever I end up doing, I for sure what to give Slender a shot. And maybe this... pixel game Lightning told me about that I can't remember the name of

EDIT: 5) Most importantly, watch It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
To be honest I don't do much on Halloween,maybe sit around and watch a scary movie or two for a couple of hours.We always have a stock of candy somewhere in the cupboard,in case people who are trick and treating come,but all I really do on Halloween is eat candy and watch movies :|.
. :p
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Pära

Nature: Serious
I really don't have any idea what I'm doing for Halloween. My main plan on Oct 31st is to visit my nan, as it's also her birthday then.
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Morkula
Play the Game

I'll be doing the same thing I do every night. School/work stuff, poking around online, playing games, whatever. I haven't done anything for Halloween in years...we don't even get any trick-or-treaters so I don't even hand out candy.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of aerial ace
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links