The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Sensui
Ascend

Nature: Quiet
I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I'll just ask: how do you find the X,Y coordinates for HG/SS to put into PPRE?

When I open it, and look at the events, they all take the coordinates from very small units of space. i.e. x-693,y-392

And anything I've used to find the coordinates like say, map editors, it always treats the coordinates as 1 per tile, so I get x-12,y-8.

So when I want to add a Pokemon to interact with into HG, what do I do for it's coordinates? (I know the rest, just not this!)

Okay, update. Through trial and error I found the coordinates are still done as 1 per tile in PPRE and the actual ROM, I had my new overworld appear (y-3) under another sprite and it did just that. But why are the numbers so big, like 600/400? My conclusion is they probably start at a number much higher than 0, because I doubt it's taken from every tile in the game for every coordinate.

Last edited by Sensui; October 8th, 2012 at 05:55 AM.
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:31 AM
LugiaMZ

Hello everyone, I having a question hope has someone to answer me.

I want to make my hack rom like a animation, for example I taking to a team rocket membars, and suddenly have a earthquake, and moving to a black screen, after that show a Groundon at a lava cave destroying the cave, that's all.

I use warpmuted command to moving the screen to lave cave, but I don't want player ow sprite showing at the map, I tried to use movement command to hide it but need a few time to make it dissapear, have a method to make the hero ow sprite not showing at the lava cave?

Sorry for my bad english hope have someone know what I'm saying

Hello everyone, I having a question hope has someone to answer me.

I want to make my hack rom like a animation, for example I taking to a team rocket membars, and suddenly have a earthquake, and moving to a black screen, after that show a Groundon at a lava cave destroying the cave, that's all.

I use warpmuted command to moving the screen to lave cave, but I don't want player ow sprite showing at the map, I tried to use movement command to hide it but need a few time to make it dissapear, have a method to make the hero ow sprite not showing at the lava cave?

Sorry for my bad english hope have someone know what I'm saying

Last edited by LugiaMZ; October 8th, 2012 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Dudlas
Unhatched Egg

hi I have one guestion! how can I edit the textbox? by that I mean on this
textboxv.png
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:56 AM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudlas View Post
hi I have one guestion! how can I edit the textbox? by that I mean on this
Attachment 66274
yes you can
in NSE classic one of the bookmarks is text boxes, you can edit them there

And I also have a question:
does anybody know if it is possible to remove the nidorino intro
if it is could you please tell me how
Old October 8th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Rise_of_Darkrai
Unhatched Egg

How do I get back to the outside of my cave? Every time I exit I end up in the middle of the town instead of outside the cave
Old October 8th, 2012, 12:55 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise_of_Darkrai View Post
How do I get back to the outside of my cave? Every time I exit I end up in the middle of the town instead of outside the cave
you have to do both warps. the one inside and the one outside.

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old October 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Rise_of_Darkrai
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
you have to do both warps. the one inside and the one outside.
I've done that, everything is linked correctly, but it still doesn't want to work correctly
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:28 PM
AquaticFlareon
Unhatched Egg

I'm currently hacking my first romhack, a pokemon ruby hack, and I Am trying to edit the back in-battle sprite for my character, but whenever i do, it just becomes a horrid, messy, bad pallete, also, i use unLZGBA, and Paint.net for the recoloring, also, I Only use colors from the actual sprite, with the dropper tool. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I Can't find anything for RUBY, But theres tons of programs for fire red, I'm hacking ruby, SO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 8th, 2012, 07:53 PM
dreamengine

does anyone know how the wild unown forms work? I want to have a hack with like different shellos and stuff. So first it would help to know how different unown forms work

edit: is it possible to somehow make multiple pokemon link back to the same pokedex entry?

Last edited by dreamengine; October 8th, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old October 9th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticFlareon View Post
I'm currently hacking my first romhack, a pokemon ruby hack, and I Am trying to edit the back in-battle sprite for my character, but whenever i do, it just becomes a horrid, messy, bad pallete, also, i use unLZGBA, and Paint.net for the recoloring, also, I Only use colors from the actual sprite, with the dropper tool. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!?!?!!?!?!?!?! I Can't find anything for RUBY, But theres tons of programs for fire red, I'm hacking ruby, SO SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!
That's because you arn't changing the palette in APE. Here's a link to a video that shows how to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGihhXkQOPk
Old October 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM
AquaticFlareon
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
That's because you arn't changing the palette in APE. Here's a link to a video that shows how to do this:
I Did EVERYTHING In that video TO THE LETTER, And it Didn't work, remember, I'm working with ruby, here. if that is universal, Then what the heck? Shouldn't it have worked? also,I Removed the url, because i havent posted 15 or more posts yet
Old October 11th, 2012, 03:44 AM
poisonhearts628
Unhatched Egg

Alright. First time post here. I am having a few problems but I am pretty sure they are linked to the same cause, I just don't know how to go about fixing it. 1) When you enter cycling road entrance arrows appear between my character. 2) When exiting buildings a portion of my character's head appears at the bottom of the door instead of the arrow. 3) When surfing/flying my character's sprite splits when entering/exiting the surf/fly animation. Any Ideas?
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:31 AM
PunsAreFun
Unhatched Egg

Hey all, quick question. I'm using advanced map 1.92 to hack Fire Red. I have 2 sprites in 2 positions on the map (they are not the only sprites). When I run the game to test it they appear in 2 completely different spots. What's the deal?
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:43 AM
.parado✗
paranormal user

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to .parado✗
You must erase the levelscript of type 03.
They contain movesprite and thats why..

www.board.romresources.net

I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:48 AM
PunsAreFun
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by .parado✗ View Post
You must erase the levelscript of type 03.
They contain movesprite and thats why..
Thank you! Now everything works!
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Dylanrockin
Mysterious Trainer

Nature: Timid
I'm having troubles editing Pokemon Trainers, A-Trainer keeps giving me the "Subscript out of range" bs, and PET sometimes wont let me fully edit the Pokemon, and by that I mean it wont let me edit their movesets, and abilities. For example: I hover over the moves that the Pokemon can learn, and the scroll bar does not appear.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is the specific problem: Subscript out of range DrawTile8@LZ77
Someone said it had something to do with sprites, first off I disagree, because I ran this on a clean rom, and it did not matter at all.

Last edited by Dylanrockin; October 12th, 2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:44 AM
raging-inferno-1986
Unhatched Egg

Hi, does anyone know of a Fire Red patch with full decapitalisation (one that includes the scripts)?

Thank you.
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:07 AM
.parado✗
paranormal user

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to .parado✗
Only for the german firered on board.romresources.net
But you can easily do it in 3 Steps.
1: Take Amplifier, open the name changer and export the item/pokemon/whatever list.

2:Open Excel or Openoffice and change all letters except the first of each line. In both there is a function for it.

3: Import the list with amplifier and click "patch".

Then you are finished!

www.board.romresources.net

I'm registered under the name: "Laz0r" there.
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:43 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by raging-inferno-1986 View Post
Hi, does anyone know of a Fire Red patch with full decapitalisation (one that includes the scripts)?

Thank you.
Look in the Rom Hacking Resources thread, I'm pretty sure somebody posted one a while ago. But doing it yourself doesn't take as long as you would think.

YAPE to decapitalize the pokemon names.
Download "Move Editor" which has an option to decapitalize all the moves for you.
A-text for things such as "RUN" and "FIGHT"
Item editors can easily do the items.
This way you can modify it without the possibility of your work being messed up...
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
PunsAreFun
Unhatched Egg

Hey all, my friend and I both use emulators to play fire red. They have macs and their speed up maxes out around 200% while my pc version and almost touch 1000%. Is there a way to allow there's to be as fast as mine? What causes the difference?
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Try turning the sound off; not muting it, but turning it off. Though it may depend on your computer's specs etc.
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:11 AM
LugiaMZ

I have a quick question, when I use overworld editor to import my Raichu sprite and I checked import sprite and import pallet, but after import my imported Raichu colour are diffrent with my original Raichu sprite, for example : before

After:

Can everyone say with me what happen is this? I already checked import pallet but why same pallet is not same of my Raichu?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: png dif.PNG‎ (398 Bytes, 65 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png orgn.png‎ (408 Bytes, 65 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old October 13th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugiaMZ View Post
I have a quick question, when I use overworld editor to import my Raichu sprite and I checked import sprite and import pallet, but after import my imported Raichu colour are diffrent with my original Raichu sprite, for example : before

After:

Can everyone say with me what happen is this? I already checked import pallet but why same pallet is not same of my Raichu?

Thanks.
I don't exactly know what are you asking but if you are asking why the OW changes when you import the original Raichu it's because you're importing Raichu without the new pallete.
You don't have many palletes, though so I would be careful with importing palletes

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:44 AM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

Can someone help?

I've inserted my Prof. sprite in the intro and for some reason these pixels apeared on him.Cedar Intro.PNG

Also when he releases the pokeball the whole screen flashes white for a second instead of just those little yellow lines appearing.intro problem.PNG
Thanks in advance for the help
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Skara
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Timid
OK, I want to import overworld sprites for some 5th Gen Pokemon into a FireRed rom. How do I do it? I have Overworld Editor but I run into all sorts of problems.
I also need to know how to replace a trainer sprite?

Sponsored Links