Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:24 AM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Advertise here
You've got several hours of free time which you have to spend on your computer. What sort of activites are you most likely to be doing? Be specific - giving particular websites or games is better than just "browsing the internet and playing games".
if i'd never let go
then only god knows where i would be now.
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:18 AM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I visit my usual sites, which is mostly becoming here now. Use Facebook a bit. Write. Do some graphics. Read emails. Sometimes play games like Oblivion (computer is too old to run Skyrim).

I also do some work that's been assigned to me when I can. And host a Survivor game, but that's ending in a month or so. Thank goodness - I'm ready to be done after two years.
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:31 AM
YourPokemonLPs
Unhatched Egg

Check out YouTube for a bit, see some videos. Usually I just end up browsing on there looking at random crap. Suddenly three hours has gone by. If I am not doing that or school work, then I am probably playing a game. Usually an older one, like any of the Pokemons, or recently I played Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories. It was hard as hell so it took me forever to beat it.
My "Let's Play Pokemon Black 2":

Episode One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu9C_Xgh2BI

Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/YourPokemonLPs
Old October 11th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Penta Penguin
Penta is here to stay

Probably I would be browsing on Youtube - looking at different sorts of videos, or perhaps themetapicture - seeing what new funny and interesting pictures are up.

I would also play games from the 80's/90's while I was on... just anything and everything that I have.

Arkanoid
: The lost levels compact - 40% done
~Twitter~ ~Youtube~
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
First I would go to Simtropolis or SC4D and find out whats new to download, then I'd spend the remainder of the time playing Sim City 4, if not, then I'd be watching cartoons (either Pokemon, Penguins of Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness), or comedy movies (Scary Movie 1-4, Jackass 1-3.5, Born in East LA, Up in Smoke, Shrimp on the Barbie - I'm a fan of Cheech Marin)
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - sorry for no updates, been reorganizing my room
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 15
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: Y - Location: Geosenge Town
50/50 Challenge - Badges 4/8 - Game Y - Location: Lumiose City
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:51 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Well the majority of my computer time goes to online homework or papers, so I wouldn't call that free time. With my actual free time I spend a lot of it on YouTube watching music videos. I do the social networking, but not to an extreme degree. And anytime I'm not watching a video, Pandora's on in the background.
Old October 11th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Whenever I have some free time that I use the computer for, I go on Facebook, Twitter, Pokecommunity, and sometimes Youtube to play a song while I do the other stuff!
Old October 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM
White_Arcanine
Lonely and annoying.

Nature: Lonely
Short and simple. Log on. Check PC and another site, open Media Player and listen to music, and talk to my friends over Skype/MSN/whatever then log off at 10-11 PM.
I walk on wounds that seldom proves to slow me down. I laugh this constant pain away so you can tell but there it lies under the smile.
Old October 11th, 2012, 03:21 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
Meh. I tend to do randomly search the net in my free time. Ya know searching random sites of interest. Other than that i spend time checking sites of interest such as u-tube, deviant art, newgrounds, PC, bulbapedia articles, PokemonOnline, etc. I'm stuck with a crappy CPU for now soooo, i cant play Maplestory for now . Speaking of bulbapedia articles, an interesting coloum this person seems to be writing is called: On the Origin of Species. He researches and explains the origins of pokemon species and their creation and inspiration of certain pokemon. Its a nice read for anyone that hasnt already seen it.
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

My first priority is checking all of Imgur, haha. Uhh... I also make several trips to Bulbapedia, Serebii, Ps3 trophies, some Sonic sites, Youtube, Pandora Radio, school websites, etc. I sometimes check on my Twitter and Deviantart accounts. When I'm mega bored, I go on Yahoo Answers. Somewhere during my free time I'll look at a cute picture of a puppy or kitten.

Outside of the internet... I use Photoshop and iTunes. Yeah, I'd die without the internet.
Even if it's a short life, burn hot and bright and overtake the moment. That's my way of life.
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:11 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I tend to stick around to PC, YouTube, and some other forums.

I also tend to scribble on my drawing pad so that's something else.
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

Old October 11th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Usually when I'm on the computer, I'm only half paying attention to things (might be watching TV or something while browsing). Typically, though, I'll leave my e-mail and Twitter open in two tabs, and then browse sites like PC, or a couple other sports forums I visit.

I also like playing some games on my Sega emulator and doing random things in Paint and Photoshop, but other than that, I don't do much on the computer.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:29 AM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Lots of Twitter, PokéCommunity, Youtube, iTunes, entertainment updates in music and the TV shows that I follow from various websites, Bulbapedia, occasional World of Warcraft, instant messaging, and Facebook.
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
When I'm really bored, I go to 9Gag. It's hilarious, and it makes my day complete. I also chat with my buds on Facebook, Twitter, and I visit my Tumblr blog sometimes. I go to YouTube to watch some Adventure Time eps, too. Yeah, and Facebook. And Facebook.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old October 12th, 2012, 04:07 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I usually use my computer for assignments and school work as well as the internet of course. On the net I'm most often found browsing Bulbapedia, Serebii, Facebook, occasionaly Twitter, Youtube, Tumblr and Reddit. Although I browse reddit more on my ipod than on my desktop. Aside from the interenet I'm also a mad fan of Minecraft, The Sims and Diablo III so I'm usually spotted playing them.
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:54 AM
何贤豪

I'd only use it to open up this very forum, listen to some music, and maybe do a few updates around. I rarely watch videos, even though I have a lot of them. I also rarely put in images down to the computer from my DSi XL. Pretty much that's it. Haven't gotten anything else.
·Friend Code·My Claims·
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Tumblr/Twitter are super common, forums, browse Amazon for a bit, Pinterest, and if I get really bored I'll organize my docs/pics/crap.

Oh, and Sims 3. Lots of Sims 3.
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

It depends on what sort of mood I'm in, if I'm in a lazy sort of mood I'll probably read a few threads on here, post a little here and OVP if I have time and then I'd go doss around on reddit for a bit. If I'm in a more productive mood I'll either illustrate something on inkscape or I'll start playing minecraft.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old October 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Skype, MSN, PC, FB, email, maybe other random sites.
Photoshop, and very rarely I will open up Maya, or another Adobe video editing package. Occasionally gaming- portal 2 prob.
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Shdwj
Excuse me?

When I'm not wasting time on the internet (which I'm not promoting by the way; forum pages sure like being refreshed and reloaded): Photoshop CS5, Minecraft, iTunes, and as of recently Paint Tool Sai.

| Ongoing series: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 Multiplayer |
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I browse on Bulbagarden, PC and chat with friends on Skype. I often have Bulbapedia or Serebii open for help with a Pokemon game Im playing while I browse. I also use Pokemon Global Link when I feel like it. I occasionally also watch something on YouTube or listen to music on iTunes or YouTube, that's about it though, my computer is mostly a vehicle to use the internet.
BMGf Ever Grande City
Old October 14th, 2012, 04:34 PM
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
Draw stuff, work on videos, hang around PC, YouTube, or DA
DA Profile Poke-fanart mostly

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Nomine
サトセレ

Nature: Calm
I'd probably be browsing YouTube... (is that surprising, aha?) I don't really go on social sites anymore, like Facebook, but I tend to log on to by Twitter sometimes. By sometimes, I mean rarely. If I'm not looking at YouTube videos, I would be on other forums checking out electronics like phones. xD Either that, or I'd be using Microsoft Word to type up all those essays for school!

My Role-Playing Twitter Accounts follow!
Writer
Brock
Calem
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:25 PM
ARTPOP
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to ARTPOP
Twitter, Tumblr, gamefaqs, and occasionally YouTube.
I Skype chat too, but I have been at my computer for a while. Mostly on the iPad and 3ds now
Best way to message me.
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Wobbachomp
Donator Tier 1

Nature: Adamant
Skype, a ton of gaming-related forums like PC, YouTube, Gmail, Twitter, Pokemon Showdown, Pokemon Online
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here