The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
Hm joined PC when I was 14, and now 24 so lol... though I didn't post for a huge time period inbetween XD; Not as much incentive to post when everyone else moved on and then stuff happens in the middle :x

Saturday does mark the day that I know some PC members for a full decade. It's kinda @__@
Waaah that's insane! Ya oldie! When did you return to PC?
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Like last week, when I had a calendar-fail and came back 1 week late for PC-X Q_Q

On topic of gangnam style, I just watched it once but I'm in no interest to loop it nonstop like some people. The comedy value of them invisible horses just wear off after you've seen it once in my point of view...

Also, why did OCC slow down so much these days over the years o_o; used to have like new posts once every min, or did we all move on to the IRC or what?
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
Quote:
On topic of gangnam style, I just watched it once but I'm in no interest to loop it nonstop like some people. The comedy value of them invisible horses just wear off after you've seen it once in my point of view...

Also, why did OCC slow down so much these days over the years o_o; used to have like new posts once every min, or did we all move on to the IRC or what?
It's not a great song at all but you have to have seen it at least once. And you have to admit that the first time you watch it it was so ridiculous it was still a little bit funny.

I believe it definitely doesn't deserve the publicity it's gotten.

I'm going to go ahead and assume anyone involved with OC&D got bored and moved on, but you still have some newcomers, Like me!! and because of it maybe we moved up in the world
Then again probably not
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphiel View Post
There's been only one time in my life I ever bothered watching MTV, and that was when I discovered Daria playing on it (ogod, and I can't even remember if I was still in middle or high school, I don't remember exactly when I found it). Of course, I also had it in my head back then that it was a "bad" channel due to certain other shows on it, so...I never sought after watching anything on it before then.

Or after then, for that matter.
Daria was the best thing that ever came from MTV.
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:30 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
I think part of the slowdown is due to the fact that we have VMs now (which didn't really exist before 2007, iirc), as well as the fact that the rest of the forum is so massive that it keeps people away from the DCC more.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
It can be that active at times but, yeh, as Don said, with the mass amount of extra boards and other forms of instant messaging, it has taken a bit of a hit.
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:24 AM
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

A lot of once popular threads have taken hits. I recall The Count to Infinity being absolutely huge a couple years back but now it's pretty dead. Same with the DCC, even OCC in general.

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

I guess that is just to do with the growth of the forum and the ageing of Pokemon.
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

Or the increase in members that can't hold a decent discussion, leading to them avoiding OCC.

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
TCTI used be awesome, I pretty much posted there exclusively.

I could never keep up with a thread as active as that/old dcc these days though, I'm kind of grateful this place has slowed down as it's given me a place to post a little more regularly.

TCTI slowed down too much though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo View Post
Or the increase in members that can't hold a decent discussion, leading to them avoiding OCC.
This is what happened to OT for me.
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Or maybe some of the member basej ust didn't find it that interesting, either way, it isn't dead so. :3
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Went
wonderful frog seed

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
I still feel bad when I think of all the regulars who left thorough the years :(
Old October 12th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
Naww you guys, getting all sentimental and stuff. You make people like me wish they'd been here back then.
Here's to hoping we get more people back in?
Old October 12th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Went View Post
I still feel bad when I think of all the regulars who left thorough the years :(
Mhmm! :(
There are a couple of members I would like to have come back! But, alas...
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:27 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Well a few people came back for the PCX thing, so there's still hope...

I would love to meet some of the aging men older members :3

Old October 12th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I never liked those count to blehhhhh type of stuff or the one above. Its content never goes beyond what the thread title clearly implies so it seemed kind of pointless. Also I see that 22sa isn't here and he's the one who essentially bumps every thread XD; Indeed I miss some old folks... wonder where did Chairman Kaga go.

I do admit that the slow pace allows for more decent conversation. I can type something longer than a sentence and I'll be on the same page now at the very least. I don't think that PC's growth is slowing or anything, but I think that the growth is solely focused on Pokemon boards. At the very least, PC is still *the* place to get to for rom hacking. I'm pretty sure that PC is essentially the first result if you want to find any particular hack, and a lot of popular youtube channels link to PC as the location of download for any Let's Play Pokemon hack/mods.
Old October 12th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
> the one above doesn't have a point
> it's in other trivia
> nothing in the trivia sections really have a point.

The counting threads are basically this thread but you're adding numbers to your post though. but since the regulars have been there for so long with almost no newcomers they've all basically gone down into a cycle of topics that aren't very different. ah well.

I like slower threads because stuff happened in other trivia that killed my liking for 'being ninja'd'. just ... no. no thank you.
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

ya being ninjaed frequently is a bit too fast, but at the same time I just find it odd that an entire day can pass and DCC got maybe 20 posts in total XD;

I think that at some point in time, the one above had a point about pointing thoughtful things about the person above you that others may not know about. You can talk about your friend above you to introduce said person to other posters; standard icebreaker stuff. However, eventually it goes to "^uses black font" type of thing.
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Abba
A Whiz With a Cricket Bat

Nature: Adamant
Got me my White 2 todaaaaay. Second game I've ever gotten on release day, the other being White. I'm in the sewer section right now.
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Only beat first gym and unfortunately just no time to play it (but I can sure sneak in posts in PC in the morning during class XD)

Haven't really got games on release for ages... if anything, I almost always get stuff a year or two after release to wait for the game to drop to the magical price of 19.99. I already cried tears of joy in front of everyone, including DCC, when persona 3 portable finally got to 19.99. Too poor to buy stuff at their full price of 60 XD;
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Abba
A Whiz With a Cricket Bat

Nature: Adamant
I only get £30 a month, and that's all my money. I spent every money I own on this game.
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Alinthea
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryPeaches View Post
I like slower threads because stuff happened in other trivia that killed my liking for 'being ninja'd'. just ... no. no thank you.
It is amusing when I see TCTI or whatever it is called (I forget and I just finished work and I am tired :() and the whole count has been messed up due to ninjas and everyone is arguing over it. Haha.
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Wouldn't all problems be solved by post numbers o_o like right now, your post is #547. Problems solved?
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
AAHH I miss those days.
A new page every 10 minutes..

Nah, the DCC has slowed down a ton.. I miss it being mega active like that :c the IRC seems to be just as dead though, really..

Yeahhh 22sa, Kaga, Jorge, Simon, Chibi, Jack, Drummershuff, Pokejungle..

Man those were the days when this place was absolutely booming.. I remember trying to get on the computers in the library at lunchtime just to post :33 Haha!

Also it sucks they took the users viewing off.. we used to be like "OH HEY JACK HOW WAS YOUR DAY?" when we saw them lurking at the bottom :cc..

Last edited by Kura; October 12th, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:07 AM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
well considering we have so many lurkers nowadays it would be one hell of a footer

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here