The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stodd Send a message via Skype™ to Stodd
I found my old n64 and started playin poke stadium 2. I CANT PUT IT DOWN!!!! It is so addictive. who remembers the good ole days?? what is your fondest memory of poke stadium 1 and 2?
-The best thing about modern generations are the moves! I like Aerial Ace and Water Pulse.

Gen I and II are SUPERIOR
BY FAR
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
They were the best spinoffs ever! I loved them and am hoping for a stadium 3. Nothing like Battle Revolution though, it was terrible! It needs to have all 649 pokemon rentable.

Pokemon Stadium 2 in particular was VERY VERY VERY hard. That Elite Four and Lance are impossible to beat.

I found a N64 at a Flea MArket about 4 months ago and bought it and stadium 1&2 for about $100 Bucks! I got a steal.

Old September 27th, 2012, 04:24 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I remember it. It was a really fun game but rigged to hell lol.
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
They were the best spinoffs ever! I loved them and am hoping for a stadium 3. Nothing like Battle Revolution though, it was terrible! It needs to have all 649 pokemon rentable.

Pokemon Stadium 2 in particular was VERY VERY VERY hard. That Elite Four and Lance are impossible to beat.

I found a N64 at a Flea MArket about 4 months ago and bought it and stadium 1&2 for about $100 Bucks! I got a steal.
Thats actually a little more expensive than it should be.
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Miss Fortune
Fortune doesn't favor fools!

Send a message via Skype™ to Miss Fortune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon. View Post
Thats actually a little more expensive than it should be.

It was restored and came with 2 controllers and one other non-pokemon game as well, so it was a great deal.

Old September 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
I remember it. It was very very interesting game. As jellicentfan1 said, there should be a Pokemon Stadium 3.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old September 27th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

Nature: Quirky
Fondest memory? MINIGAMES<333

I don't think I actually beat any of the cups or gym leaders hahaha.
Old September 27th, 2012, 10:36 PM
yiliang99
Unhatched Egg

I remember it but now I delete it because it only waste my space(need the space to download other staff)I also like the pokemon stadium battle system.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Welcome to York County, SC!

Nature: Quirky
I do remember pulling my hair out with some of the toughest cups in Stadium 2... especially that (IIRC) Challenge Cup where you had to use rental Pokemon.

Still, fun times, fun times. If they create a 5th gen console game, its selection of battle modes needs to be as robust as it was in Stadium 1 & 2, and not like the watered down Battle Revolution.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Stodd Send a message via Skype™ to Stodd
i beat the entire game in 2, but am having trouble in round two. its tough, but the rival is easy to beat. i have a full operational n64, with several games, including stadium 1 and 2, and snap! but the stadium games are so detailed, its amazing how you can win using only rentals, unlike these newer spin offs. (although i used a ho-oh, unimportant!!) i also prefer there move animations over the newer games. the attacks actually seem to hit hard, and the newer games, the attacks just seem to be soft, idk how to explain it. i like the music and animation, and also the graphics, better than the new games. never liked the newer gens too much.
-The best thing about modern generations are the moves! I like Aerial Ace and Water Pulse.

BY FAR
Old October 11th, 2012, 07:07 PM
LenSho

Nature: Modest
Stadium 2 is my favorite home console Pokémon game!

I remember the hardest part was the Challenge Cup in Round two, I was lucky enough to get a rental Kingdra, Typhlosion and Ampharos.

I miss the rule sets that didn't allow to get more than one Pokémon asleep or frozen.

I was disappointed when I first played Pokémon Colosseum, I was expecting a Gym Leader Castle. The RPG mode made up for it and the RSE music, but I still wanted to fight the Hoenn Gym Leaders and Elite Four in 3D graphics.

I agree with LeSabre, if they make a 5th gen console game, they better get rid of annoying gimmicks like in Battle Revolution and go back to the good old formula, and possibly remove rental cups of any sorts as well. But if they added that in BW2, chances are they won't.
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:55 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
How could I forget Stadium 2? I spent HOURS on that one - my sister and I loved the mini-games that one gave us - and there were so many awesome features and ways to battle. I don't know if I ever beat the Gym Challenge, but I was young, and really, it was awesome. I Mystery Gifted with the department store girl all the freaking time.

Those were the days!

And they totally need to make a new Stadium game. Just like the old ones and not like PBR. Sure, you can give us character customization - as long as it isn't sprite recolors. Or let us use in-game trainers.
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

i agree! they need to stick with what works. stadium had a really great battle formula. use your color games, and if you couldn't or didnt have enough pokes, use these rentals! every console game after stadium, 2 just got worse and worse. don't get me wrong, shadow pokes are great, but thats all that was really good in the newer stuff. have another stadium game, but make it to where you can earn the shadow pokes by doing certain tasks. somethin like that.

BY FAR
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
The minigames. I don't even remember there being a story, I just played the minigames with my brother and sometimes my cousin and we'd have a great time.
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Jak
greatest of heroes

Nature: Timid
Pokemon Stadium 2 was my gen II, since I didn't play GSC in their hay day. Loved it, to say the least. Taught me how to battle correctly and it's where I first saw my beloved Umbreon. <3

Fouetté | Rygarde | Déesse | Parfum | Pamplemousse
pairs | super mod of challenges | avatar by kaori

alli: i don't feel like being the big bad bottle of orange juice today
Necrum: Is that a reference to your Smod color? lol
alli: yes
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:55 AM
The Sly Fox

Of course I do! I still play it sometimes on my N64! It's a fantastic game, as was Stadium 1. I wish the newer games for consoles such as Wii were like them.

Old October 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM
MontrayDavis
Unhatched Egg

By far, the best pokemon game in the world ! :D
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
asitha_lakruwan
Booted out - don't be like me!

i love this game i hope they make a pokemon stadium 3ds with all the pokemon in it
Old November 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
DarkReaper
Unhatched Egg

I have recently started playing that game on my psp "N64" emulator and it looks very fun. I have had a few problems, for example I can only play with preset Lv 20 (ISH?) pokemon but I cant level any of them up because I cant upload any gamepaks. Regardless, this game is entertaining and seeing my fav pokemon in 3d is a bonus.
Old November 21st, 2012, 03:33 PM
Unhatched Egg

oh yes i remember i even still have pokemon stadium 1 *plays for an hour or so*
i already won it man i wish there was a restart game code thingy

made bye me...
Old November 21st, 2012, 06:54 PM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Are there Oceans in Space? View Post
Fondest memory? MINIGAMES<333

I don't think I actually beat any of the cups or gym leaders hahaha.
Yes, those minigames lol. I totally forgot about the championship when I discovered how fun the mini-games where
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old November 26th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Stodd
Dragon Tamer

I played the mini games and the castle and stadium.

BY FAR
Old December 16th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Patrick
Winter Love

Nature: Sassy
I distinctly remember Nidoqueen being disturbing. :|

I loved the heck out of the photo mode in Stadium 1, even if I never took my game to Blockbuster to print the pics out. The main campaign I remember being really hard, or hard enough anyway.

But if anything, I learned what Pokemon moves would look like in real time (even if they aren't all consistent in subsequent appearances). Thunder Wave still makes more sense to me as electric pulse waves to however it ended up looking in RSE and Pokemon Colloseum. Shadow Ball as well. That move looked so wicked cool in PS2, and it was demoted to black goo with sparkles in Colloseum. Weak.

I also learned that if you rename your Pokemon, you get... recolors. Guess it's official. :P But seriously, at least it added a unique touch to your Pokemon.

What I would have preferred, though, was a Pokemon equivalent to Mario Party, because clearly the best thing about either Stadium games was the Minigames. I don't think the Pokemon were ever shown with such personality in 3D since the fact (especially in PS1), though to be fair, I've never played the Hey You Pikachu esque games. It's even more strange considering some Pokemon showed less emotion in the exact same game during the battles. I still get a kick out of Voltorb's victory animation in the electric minigame.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old December 16th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Sarah Morgan
Mime Jr.

OMG, I owned the Gym Leader tower, once I put my team on the game, I actually felt like a Pokemon trainer lol
Old December 20th, 2012, 07:02 AM
CliCliW
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I could never win any of the cups whatsoever, and I always felt like a failure... I just mostly played the minigames and the free battles, cause I could win those

Sponsored Links