Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:18 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

Advertise here

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a upcoming 2013 3DS and Wii U localization of Monster Hunter 3G, which itself is a enhanced port of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, which is a mobilization of Monster Hunter Tri.

It features new subspecies, new areas, the return of G-Rank quests from Unite, additional weapon classes from Freedom Unite and on-line multi player run by Nintendo (Wii U version only), plus many other additional features.

While I'm not planning on getting a Wii U soon mainly for money reasons, I'll pick up the 3DS version of the game myself. Anybody else interested in this game?

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |

Last edited by Azure Rathalδs; September 26th, 2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old September 24th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Nerdy Mojo
No Lifer

Nature: Serious
i am pretty psyched about the game being on 3ds (though im scratching my head at the fact it isnt going to be on the vita) and will try to actually be GOOD at a MH game. so im understanding there will be no online on 3ds or will there be less focus on it, cause psp had xlink kai at least.(sorry if stupid question im not entirely sure exactly what the 3ds can handle)
PSN-LeetMojo88

Old September 24th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Algo Fonix
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
It's one of the games making me reeeeally consider the Wii U within the first year. I just wish I knew more people that were into the series. I've only ever played multiplayer once.
If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.
Old September 24th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Nature: Calm
I most likely will get it because I love the Monster Hunter series ever since I started playing the first game last year and playing the HD remake of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd on the PS3.

I hate how online play is only available on the Wii U. That doesn't make me want to buy it, but instead just makes me lose even more interest in it.

I know I might end up getting a Wii U anyways because someone most likely will give it to me for my birthday or whatever, but that won't stop me from playing another entry to the amazing series of Monster Hunter.

(Working on a better signature + avy)

Old September 25th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Cassino
no

I got a 3DS for the eventuality of a localised MH game, since it became evident that they'd moved their games from Sony to Nintendo. Once again the portable version won't have (officially-sanctioned) online play, but apparently saves are interchangeable between the two versions so if I ever get a Wii U I wouldn't have to start over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
a new rank of gameplay known as G-Rank
It's not really new; ever played Unite? But, I suppose it is new for the third generation games. I wonder how big G-rank Deviljho is...
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassino View Post
It's not really new; ever played Unite? But, I suppose it is new for the third generation games. I wonder how big G-rank Deviljho is...
Fixed my opening post to show that G-rank was from Unite.

Also, there is supposed to be a new variant of Deviljho where it's stuck in rage mode. He's currently known as Hungry Deviljho (which sounds pretty redundant, seeing as all Deviljhos were hungry and ate any raw meat you would've left out)
and is exclusive to G-Rank.

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Cassino
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
Fixed my opening post to show that G-rank was from Unite.

Also, there is supposed to be a new variant of Deviljho where it's stuck in rage mode. He's currently known as Hungry Deviljho (which sounds pretty redundant, seeing as all Deviljhos were hungry and ate any raw meat you would've left out)
and is exclusive to G-Rank.
Oh joy. From what I've seen though, Deviljho is incredibly easy to tank with a lance, rage or not.
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Mechanic
Shin!~ hohohohoho!~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to Mechanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3neSESS View Post
i am pretty psyched about the game being on 3ds (though im scratching my head at the fact it isnt going to be on the vita) and will try to actually be GOOD at a MH game. so im understanding there will be no online on 3ds or will there be less focus on it, cause psp had xlink kai at least.(sorry if stupid question im not entirely sure exactly what the 3ds can handle)
Reason why is not on Vita? Go take a good look at sales of 3DS and Vita on Japan/US. 3DS has exceeded vita so far in all aspects IMO. And i would like to see more and more releases on 3DS anyways which its easier to carry around than the Vita or am i just crazy saying that? Don't quite think so. :D

Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooo hyped waiting for this game now, its been forever since 3G came and now its time is finally here for us to enjoy this marvel :D
Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Oooh if this is for 3DS I may consider actually picking this up. I saw some anims and heard a bit of the soundtrack for the older ones (havent had a chance to play them) and they also looked pretty good so.. I might jump on board with this one :3
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I am refusing to get this game. For me Monster Hunter will always be a PSP game. I own a Vita and would have loved to see it on there. I am yet to even purchase a 3DS and am 100% not getting the WiiU, so for me I won't be purchasing it along with all of my other MH friends locally as its on a console none of us are interested in.

(Only time I'm buying a 3DS is for pokemon.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:33 PM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
I am refusing to get this game. For me Monster Hunter will always be a PSP game. I own a Vita and would have loved to see it on there. I am yet to even purchase a 3DS and am 100% not getting the WiiU, so for me I won't be purchasing it along with all of my other MH friends locally as its on a console none of us are interested in.

(Only time I'm buying a 3DS is for pokemon.
Newsflash: Monster Hunter's gone Nintendo. The best versions of 3 and MH4 are all Nintendo exclusives.
Old October 13th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureKeeper View Post
Newsflash: Monster Hunter's gone Nintendo. The best versions of 3 and MH4 are all Nintendo exclusives.
I already knew that I am mearly saying that I personally prefer the PSP versions. I tried it on the Wii as my mum bought one and I tried it on there and it just wasn't as good. Was giving my own opinion to it.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:40 PM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer302 View Post
I already knew that I am mearly saying that I personally prefer the PSP versions. I tried it on the Wii as my mum bought one and I tried it on there and it just wasn't as good. Was giving my own opinion to it.
I fail to see the difference.

Using a classic controller on the Wii, it is the same experience with a bigger screen. Heck, plus the added bonus of two more triggers and camera control.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here