The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old October 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Nilaul
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Created a new map for the introduction, I try making a few npc move on the new map with costume tileset. However they don't, I check passability and everything is fine.

The npc move fine on other maps.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old October 13th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Umbreon's Avatar
Umbreon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nearby my feet.
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Essentials has a built in anti-lag, are the npc's on screen? If not that's most likely the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Nilaul
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansiec View Post
Essentials has a built in anti-lag, are the npc's on screen? If not that's most likely the problem.
It wasn't the lag, its was a bug with a map, don't know what had caused it. I had basicly deleted and recreated the map, and everything was absolutely fine.
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Umbreon's Avatar
Umbreon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nearby my feet.
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilaul View Post
It wasn't the lag, its was a bug with a map, don't know what had caused it. I had basicly deleted and recreated the map, and everything was absolutely fine.
maybe it was an auto-run event that never stopped.
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Nilaul
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansiec View Post
maybe it was an auto-run event that never stopped.
Maybe.. I also have an issue that sometimes whenever I transfer a player, it goes into an intro map Ive made for a introductory cut-scene (which uses an autorun event). However even if I start the game outside in a random area, the game decides to wrap me to that map instead of to the correct location.

However copying the introductory map and deleting the old copy prevents this from happening.
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Umbreon's Avatar
Umbreon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nearby my feet.
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilaul View Post
Maybe.. I also have an issue that sometimes whenever I transfer a player, it goes into an intro map Ive made for a introductory cut-scene (which uses an autorun event). However even if I start the game outside in a random area, the game decides to wrap me to that map instead of to the correct location.

However copying the introductory map and deleting the old copy prevents this from happening.
Are you using the latest version of Essentials, I have never had those problems.
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Nilaul
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansiec View Post
Are you using the latest version of Essentials, I have never had those problems.
Yes. Its a bit strange, but it does not halt the progress for me :-)
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.