The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:58 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Like vaporeon7, I believe the arenas in Nimbasa are great, and giving someone a Lucky Egg helps a lot (you can get them at random from the treasure hunter on Route 13, north of Undella Town). It's also a good idea to fight all the swimmers in Undella Bay. Abundant Shrine is also a decent place to train. That's all the stuff I did when I wanted to get mine to Level 70.
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Not a question per se, but in response to the locked Genesect Event thread where I would have made this reply...if you have two systems and play both B/W and B2/W2 on the same system, create a new B2/W2 save on the alternate system and trade Genesect over to your B/W save on the main system. You then have it in B/W.

Cyclone

Pokémon Black - National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012
- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Pokémon SoulSilver FC: 4943 2589 0519
Pokémon Black FC: 2538-0207-3336
Pokémon White 2 FC: 1335-5830-8725

Also playing Pokémon Light Platinum. Currently in Snowce City.
Old October 11th, 2012, 05:03 PM
SkullHydra
Derpy Fan

I'm IV breeding Pokemon, but can't remember how to do the Wi-Fi battles that level them up 100 for easy calculation. I have two DS systems, and both Black and White.
"There was even going to be a party for you. A big party that all your friends were invited to. I even invited your best friend the companion cube. Of course he couldn't come because you murdered him. All your other friends couldn't come either because you don't have any other friends because of how unlikable you are. It says so right here in your personnel file; 'Unlikable. Liked by no one. A bitter unlikable loner whose passing shall not be mourned.' SHALL NOT BE MOURNED. That's exactly what it says. Very formal. Very official. It also says you were adopted. So that's funny too." ~GLaDOS
Old October 11th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullHydra View Post
I'm IV breeding Pokemon, but can't remember how to do the Wi-Fi battles that level them up 100 for easy calculation. I have two DS systems, and both Black and White.
Unfortunately that's not possible. You have to level them up to level 100 yourself. :( Black and White removed the feature to auto level them to 100. However you can kinda guess it with the characteristics and the best stat dude found in battle subway. :3

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Zupplu
Hey Listen! ~Navi

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Zupplu
Hey PC, got a quick question. I tried to tuck a Pokemon into the dreamworld yesterday, after not touching it for a good six months or so. It says that my dream world needs recharging? I haven't tucked anyone in in ages, have no clue why this is happening.

E M M E R Y N
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:39 PM
jerichob10
Guardian of Le Foret

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
Hey PC, got a quick question. I tried to tuck a Pokemon into the dreamworld yesterday, after not touching it for a good six months or so. It says that my dream world needs recharging? I haven't tucked anyone in in ages, have no clue why this is happening.
the only thing i could try and do to help is just try again, either that or your pokemon has been in there too long and might have been deleted. Those are the only logical answers i could come up with. Hope i helped!

3DS Name: Jericho
3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Live in Color
~

What's a fast way to make money? The Amulet Coin has always been my go to option but what trainers should I battle?
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in Color View Post
What's a fast way to make money? The Amulet Coin has always been my go to option but what trainers should I battle?
If you ever need to raise money quickly you should battle the Trainers in the Nimbasa Stadiums (Big Stadium, Small Court) since you can rematch them every day.

Also, you can sell Everstones to the Gentleman in the Pokemon Center in Icirrus City. He'll give you 1,000 Pokedollars for each Everstone you sell him.

You can find Everstones easily by fighting Roggenrola in the Wellspring Cave, make sure you teach a Pokemon the move Thief (TM46) and you can steal Everstones off the Roggenrola, which hold them 50% of the time. If you're using a Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle it will be slightly easier thanks to their Frisk ability which makes them able to see the foe's held item.

paired with kouzan and heartouch
pc battle server | tumblr | send me a vm

Old October 14th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Live in Color
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
If you ever need to raise money quickly you should battle the Trainers in the Nimbasa Stadiums (Big Stadium, Small Court) since you can rematch them every day.

Also, you can sell Everstones to the Gentleman in the Pokemon Center in Icirrus City. He'll give you 1,000 Pokedollars for each Everstone you sell him.

You can find Everstones easily by fighting Roggenrola in the Wellspring Cave, make sure you teach a Pokemon the move Thief (TM46) and you can steal Everstones off the Roggenrola, which hold them 50% of the time. If you're using a Gothita/Gothorita/Gothitelle it will be slightly easier thanks to their Frisk ability which makes them able to see the foe's held item.
Thank you! I'm going to get to Nimbasa to battle the trainers there. Also figured out that if you go to Driftveil Drawbridge and pick up all of the feathers all of them except for the Pretty Wing sell for 1500 each, and you manage to get 10 in a minute pretty much.
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:33 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in Color View Post
Thank you! I'm going to get to Nimbasa to battle the trainers there. Also figured out that if you go to Driftveil Drawbridge and pick up all of the feathers all of them except for the Pretty Wing sell for 1500 each, and you manage to get 10 in a minute pretty much.
Not necessarily. Sometimes you get three battles in a row.

I always say take a Fighting type Pokémon to Nacrene City just before the change in the day and travel west to chip a fragment off the Challenge Rock there. When the day has changed (it doesn't go right at 12:00, it takes almost a minute to fully register), chip off another piece. Fly to Icirrus and go into the Pokémon Center and there's a quick 19,600 from the Ore guy next to the counter.

Cyclone

- My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada is still in Unova. I will be cloning it and importing a number of clones into Kalos for anyone interested. DW females may also be available if I have them.

Last edited by CycloneGU; October 14th, 2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: I can't spell sometimes, all right?
Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:47 AM
F1refly
Master of Infinite Darkness

How do I migrate my Pokemon from Emerald to White? I've just finished Route 4 in White and have completed the main game in Emerald, what do I do now. I'm using a certain program to play it that has a GBA Slot.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:57 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1refly View Post
I'm using a certain program to play it that has a GBA Slot.
Wait, wait...is this an emulator? If so, I don't know if that's possible normally.

Cyclone

Old October 23rd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Tyrantrum
おなら

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1refly View Post
How do I migrate my Pokemon from Emerald to White? I've just finished Route 4 in White and have completed the main game in Emerald, what do I do now. I'm using a certain program to play it that has a GBA Slot.
Unfortunately, you can only transfer Pokémon from Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. To transfer Pokémon from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen, you will need to transfer them to any of the fourth generation games first, and then to your White version. Hold items, HMs, eggs, and Spiky-eared Pichu cannot be transfered; however, do note that you may transfer a Pokémon with Whirlpool through D/P/Pt or a Pokémon with Defog through HG/SS as those two moves are only HMs in the respective games.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:05 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeveon View Post
Unfortunately, you can only transfer Pokémon from Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. To transfer Pokémon from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen, you will need to transfer them to any of the fourth generation games first, and then to your White version. Hold items, HMs, eggs, and Spiky-eared Pichu cannot be transfered; however, do note that you may transfer a Pokémon with Whirlpool through D/P/Pt or a Pokémon with Defog through HG/SS as those two moves are only HMs in the respective games.
It should be added that if a Pokémon learns either Defog or Whirlpool naturally through leveling up that it should not hinder transfer from the other series of games, as well...or is this in fact incorrect?

Cyclone

Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
It should be added that if a Pokémon learns either Defog or Whirlpool naturally through leveling up that it should not hinder transfer from the other series of games, as well...or is this in fact incorrect?

Cyclone
In the case of 3rd to 4th, I know for fact that although it may learn it by levelling up it counts it as HM, happened to my Rayquaza and Salamence. As it is registered as an HM, just by being that move, I am quite sure it cannot be transfered from IV to V as well.
EDIT: The few sites I checked say that, but I want to check it myself. I'll edit once I do that.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Khrysta

HMs are coded in the moves.

Seaking was the only Pokemon that learned Waterfall through level up and its always treated as an HM once it learns the attack. So the coding for HM locks are in the attacks themselves.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

This is good to know. Perhaps this is also part of the reasons TMs were made reusable in Unova; after all, Defog is a TM there.

Cyclone

Old October 24th, 2012, 12:07 PM
SamuJake
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
Quick question: Just finished the elite 4, (again, after defeating N) and I'm going to buy Pokemon Black/White 2 maybe around Christmas time. What can I still do in Black in the mean time? I'm not to keen on capturing every pokemon, but if it's the only thing left to do then I guess it will be ok ...
Old October 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM
servine101
hatched, evolved egg

is Pokemon B/W2 worth buying?
i mean can it be a "long term" game?
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:05 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuJake View Post
Quick question: Just finished the elite 4, (again, after defeating N) and I'm going to buy Pokemon Black/White 2 maybe around Christmas time. What can I still do in Black in the mean time? I'm not to keen on capturing every pokemon, but if it's the only thing left to do then I guess it will be ok ...
Well, you can explore Unova's eastern half, catching the available Pokemon along the way. That, and there's the Battle Subway. You can also rebattle the Elite 4 for a chance to battle with Alder, which you didn't get to do the first time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by servine101 View Post
is Pokemon B/W2 worth buying?
i mean can it be a "long term" game?
Yup, it is. It has improved features over the original like the Pokemon World Tournament and move tutors.

Old October 26th, 2012, 02:32 PM
poopydude
PKMN Master

Nature: Brave
Hello all! The last Pokemon game I purchased was Heart Gold so I have no experience with this current generation of Pokemon. I wanted to get back into playing but I wasn't sure which I should purchase. Any help?
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:08 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

From a storyline standpoint, yes. The happenings with the character N (full name Natural Harmonia Gropius) are continued in B2/W2 two years after the happenings of B/W in his coming on the legendary he obtained in the first same-colour game to stop Ghetsis from doing something evil; in B/W, he's Ghetsis' chosen King (until turned on in the final battle of the storyline), and in B2/W2, he becomes your greatest ally. Playing B/W first gives a better idea of the storyline and lets you see Central Unova as it looks before B2/W2.

I do suggest getting an opposite colour in the second game, however. I didn't get both Black and White, and instead have Black and White 2. I may look for a used copy of White for the older DS to help trade Pokémon around, but for now am activating a W2 game on the old DS so I can get a Genesect for that game and trade into Black.

Cyclone

Old October 26th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Forever

Agreed with Cyclone. Both games are different from a storyline point of view but... honestly without the background in B/W, the other games are a lot more confusing because it refers a lot back to the past, and having the older games are definitely an advantage, due to things like Memory Link (where you can connect your games), and so on.

However! This belongs in Quick Questions, so imma merge this there in case anyone else has anything else to add. :)

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude View Post
Hello all! The last Pokemon game I purchased was Heart Gold so I have no experience with this current generation of Pokemon. I wanted to get back into playing but I wasn't sure which I should purchase. Any help?
You should get Black or White first before getting Black 2 or White 2 cos that way you can prepare for the B2/W2 story by doing B/W first. As Cyclone said, if you play Black/White first cos it gives you a better idea of the Unova story.

Also, having Black or White can give you an extra feature in B2/W2 called Memory Link, where you can connect your Black 2/White 2 to your Black/White and see some cutscenes that can't be seen without it. There's also one-off post-game battles against Bianca and Cheren in B2/W2 if you use Memory Link. There's lots of good features in B2/W2 you can only unlock if you use Memory Link.

And if you have Black and White 2 or White and Black 2, you can get both Reshiram and Zekrom if you trade one of them over.

I'm adding on to Forever's post and saying you should get Black and/or White before starting on Black 2 and/or White 2.

paired with kouzan and heartouch
pc battle server | tumblr | send me a vm

Old October 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM
SamuJake
I beat Red when I was 8' bro.

Nature: Modest
Odd problem here. So I caught a Ditto on Pokemon Black a week or so ago, and used it to breed with my Serperior to make a Snivy. Everything worked, and then I did it again, so I could have 2 snivy's. I put the 2 Snivy's in my PC box. Saved etc afterwards. Left my ditto in Daycare and put my Serpierior back in my team. Saved afterwards at that. Then I didn't play my game at all during those few days, then yesterday, me and my friend battled on Pokemon black next to each other. His DS battery died during the battle so I just turned my game off without saving. Now, today, I go on and I can't find Ditto, Snivy or the other Snivy. Not in the daycare or the PC box. What's going on and do I have to get another ditto again ... what just happened?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links