• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Shinies in R/S/E

Years
I have a shiny Crobat on my Emerald
Me toooo! I was trying to do the solo run when I abandoned my starter with the shiny zubat when I finished training it, and it's now a crobat because I raised it, like all my other pkmn, with tlc. I'm planning to transfer it to my Platinum, then to my Black, then to White 2.

Years
Me toooo! I was trying to do the solo run when I abandoned my starter with the shiny zubat when I finished training it, and it's now a crobat because I raised it, like all my other pkmn, with tlc. I'm planning to transfer it to my Platinum, then to my Black, then to White 2.

Mine is still on my Emerald version that I have laying around. I could never restart the game or trade it out (because I love my Emerald version) so it's still there. I named mine Aria and almost always name all my others the same name (which sounds bad but I loooove my crobat :) )

Pinta77

Wierd. Same thing happened to me. Shiny zubat after i left granite cave except on emerald.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
In Emerald, I always tend to stay in the grasses of Routes 119, 120, and 121, as those are my favorite routes. (Because it rains there!) Out of the many times I've played, I've encountered a shiny Tropius and a shiny Absol. I guess it's because I spent so much time looking for those two Pokémon... It was all in the same playthough also! Both of those Pokémon are currently in White 2. :3

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
WALLY found a shiny ralts, i raged for two hours, i didn't want him to have it because that would mock me for the rest of my game time, so i ripped the game out

Years
shinies

My first shiny(s) was near fallarbor in emerald. 2 shiny slugma's back to back. So excited to have a shiny, and two at that! A few weeks later I found a shiny zigzagoon. Then I beat the E4 and my game data decided to corrupt itself. sigh .

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I found a shiny Zigzagoon once. That one I caught, but I also found a shiny Whismur, but I didn't have any Pokeballs :/

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
I have never found a single shiny in ANY pokemon game. The only shiny I have isnt in RSE its in crystal. And its a shiny pichu that I hatched sometime at the end of last school year. My brother has 1 shiny hariyama that I traded to my ruby version to keep it safe since he was playing my emerald. I have it in the corner of a box, waiting for my brother to let me migrate it to one of his games.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I remember finding a shiny once... and not the red Gyrados... not sure what it was though...

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Third Generation hated me I guess. I had never found a Shiny in this generation despite how much I had played my Ruby. My sister on the other hand didn't play her Ruby for long and caught a Shiny Zubat. Lucky her.

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
Third Generation hated me I guess. I had never found a Shiny in this generation despite how much I had played my Ruby. My sister on the other hand didn't play her Ruby for long and caught a Shiny Zubat. Lucky her.

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Yeah, I must admit that I never saw a shiny in Third Generation...

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Really, the old random wild shinies I ever found randomly and caught were on my Ruby. (One of them at least lol, I have 3). Shiny Numel and Shiny Skitty.

ZettaSlowbro

Veteran
Years
Not too long ago I replayed through ruby and found 2 shinies by the elite four, and I believe my only one I ever stumbled upon myself. Granted they were of the two most common Pokemon to exist ever: Magikarp, and Zubat.
And stupidly I evolved the Magikarp (because I mean who doesn't have a red Gyarados)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I remember i caught a shiny oddish in the route west of mauville city...but i forgot to save and it was lost forever.:'(

Years
I found two Shiny Pokemon while playing.

One was a Lotad in Sapphire, but I ran from it.

The other was my first ever Shiny caught, a Duskull in Ruby.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've never found a shiny in RSE and this makes me sad :( To be honest I never really played them long enough to find one though. I think I've only ever played through the Hoenn region twice, both times on Sapphire, and then got bored of it and moved on to Sinnoh? I just never found the Hoenn region that interesting so I never really explored it enough to find a shiny haha. There are some very cool shiny Pokémon in the third generation though so I'd love to encounter one if I play again!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Abra, Spinda, Oddish, Poochyena, Swablu, and Golbat in RSE

Even though it's not RSE, I found Rattata, Venonat, and I feel like I'm forgetting another one in FireRed.

ZettaSlowbro

Veteran
Years
I found two Shiny Pokemon while playing.

One was a Lotad in Sapphire, but I ran from it.

The other was my first ever Shiny caught, a Duskull in Ruby.

Shiny Duskull... Q_Q I'm jelly.
Dat red pallet swap. (bummer about the Lotad though)
/envy

Back