The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old October 13th, 2012, 09:38 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
Well that's just helpful. Get a healing move, and not help one of your teammates, who more or less has a fatal wound? What fun...
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
Yawn, I just had what happens to be a great sleep, but then I look at IC thread and my name is in bold, and I thought, Well how should I respond and honestly I've been thinking for a good 10 minutes or so. Regardless I think my posts should be read more closely, I don't really interact with any characters, only mentioning bodies (which can be two, three, or a thousand). I can edit my post to say there was in fact two alive girls, but it won't really change my post much.

As for the too fast thing, I actually left both my main and Ice at the base of the mountain in order to speed things up, I really had slight intention in (sorry of) meeting another group at this moment, (though it is inevitable now, so now I have no intention of really staying with you guys atm.)

Oh, oh, I must say my temp character just got chimecho as her spirit, and her important move right now is heal pulse. Whether you want that kind of help, or not , Kalie isn't exactly, moral. Pretty much she is on a revenge trip to kill, whoever, and she isn't taking unnessicary risks. She would wait for Ice, (because Spark won't leave without Arie) but she won't be waiting near where the battle was.
I think she was talking about Ice taking the Haxorus. Anyone without a spirit can go to the peak and get one, it's not like they're in limited supply.
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:06 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
@Machomuu: While I appreciate second opinions, I have a guy for that. I talk to TornZero about most issues and SUs and decisions. He's very good about spotting things too. My definition of mature is whether it makes readers uncomfortable. You can be scary and realistic and all that jazz without making people uncomfortable. As an example, I'd point to that time Lucy consumed Creed. Can you imagine if I hadn't recognized the risk and appropriately restrained details there?

Basically, some details are better left implied. It's not that the actions can't happen, but that we as writers would do well to find less 'shocking' ways to present them.

@pppgggr: That being said, I told you that as constructive criticism and as a precaution. If I was actually confident it was a problem I would've actually been forced to report the post and wouldn't have been allowed to say much due to the mini-modding rule. Anything above M rated falls into Skymin's jurisdiction and not mine, and not reporting it would get /me/ in trouble. It's something I've been afraid of since I started the RP, so this may not be the last time you see me point a post out and caution someone about mature content.

I got a pretty graphic image in my mind reading the, and not because it wandered. And...well... anime blood physics are grosser than the real thing to be frank. :U That's also a reason. I see that and I compare it to what I've personally seen with my own two eyes and it feels... exaggerated for drama to me? Regardless, I'm not punishing you or anything so take it with a grain of salt.

Also, to clarify on something people are only given one pokespirit on Mount Coronet. The only way to get more is through slain welders. You can't get more on top of Coronet unless you've got special justification, and even then I'd run it by me via VMs first.

@Khawill: Speaking of constructive criticism... My instinctive response to what you said was outrage. I'm telling you this because not everyone can just wait a while until they can deal with an issue that offends them in a calm manner like I can, and there's a relatively good chance they wouldn't have in my shoes. The reason it offended me was that you basically implied it wasn't your responsibility to make sure you weren't causing others grief, which is highly dismissive. That may or may not be what you intended to say, but that's the message that came across.

When IceFyr's character began interacting with ours, you were still interacting with his. Therefore, by correlation you were interacting with ours. There are times it becomes ambiguous who is interacting with who, but... this honestly doesn't feel like one of them. When the person you're interacting with speeds ahead of the others and you do the same in response, that's contributing to the issue.

That being said, when someone says that you've upset them in some way during roleplay, it's generally proper to attempt to resolve the issue. contrastively, telling someone they have no reason to be aggravated will probably not have ideal results one way or another.

Once IceFyr finishes correcting the bunnying in his post(s) (The parts where we don't get a fair chance to respond) we'll resume normal posting. I'm not a fan of strikes and infractions. Just know that when I point out the flaws in something you, or any roleplayer, do it's because I want you to learn and become a better RPer because of it.

@Everyone: Also, I apologize for Any delays on posting. I have been pushing my way through BW2. Good news is I've thoroughly beaten it at this point and learned a bit about the series on my way. Some of it is related to Fallout, but most of it is just general knowledge.

I also broke Ghetsis' heart. /herp

But yeah. Other good news is that I've made some sacrifices in order to focus on RP, and I don't mean my sleep schedule.

Last edited by PkMnTrainer Yellow; October 13th, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I really didn't mean to anger you, but I was stating that I was avoiding causing grief even though I was following Ice, but I don't think the logic linking me to the offense is very fair.
Your saying because Ice(A) is causing a problem(C) then because I(B) am with him I'm also helping the problem, but even if I wasn't with him the problem would still happen (discounting that I was going to the top, I would not have even acknowledged the fight) and since A=C, A+B can't=C. (In the midst of precalc work, sorry if the math is a bit out of the blue.)

I understand that I sounded disrespectful to you, but I do not wish to be involved in this whole mess (which is why my character is at the top of the mountain, and the other is not near it.) I mean half the reason I don't want to get involved is because I post so fast.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old October 14th, 2012, 02:03 AM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
Frankly, you still sound disrespectful, and not just to Yellow. The way you're speaking makes it look like you're trying to pin the blame of all the in-character events on IceFyr, when any one player character simply interacting with another for not even two posts can drastically change what happens next with either. This is to say, of course, that you're at just as much fault.

Along with this, you can control your posting speed. It makes no excuse for anything.

Anyways, since IceFyr had deleted his last two IC posts, you're going to have to take care of your own as well.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:30 AM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
Alright, attempt 2 of my SU is done. I tried to do better than last time. In my opening post, I wasn't sure what to have Tails say, so I copied and pasted all of it. I also tried to make hime seem annoying. Yellow, have a look.
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:51 AM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNess View Post
Alright, attempt 2 of my SU is done. I tried to do better than last time. In my opening post, I wasn't sure what to have Tails say, so I copied and pasted all of it. I also tried to make hime seem annoying. Yellow, have a look.
I may not be Co-GM, but I do see a possible problem here:
Quote:
The main one is the fact that the Zorua pokespiritallows him to transform into things he’s seen. The most noticeable change inappearance in pokespirit form is his small Zorua tail and slightly longercanine teeth.
One thing to note is that Humans cannot do what their pokespirits are unable to, and Zorua are unable by regular means. They can only do illusory transformations, and as far as canon goes (ie Pokedex entries) they are not known to transform into anything other than humans and pokemon, and it's not been noted that they actually have to transform into things that they've seen before (in otherwords, it is likely based on the creativity of the Zorua). I say that this is a possible problem because it really depends on Yellow, making my post rather redundant, but it would be wise to specify how the transformation works.

Another thing, why do you say that kids who went to Coronet never came back? Granted, it'd be rather unsafe for a child to go from Eterna to Coronet (I doubt any good parent would allow that, especially with how dangerous the world is compared to how it was Pre-purge). Disregarding this, however, nothing happened to them, really, other than the gaining of pokespirits. I could really see any child leaving Eterna never coming back for pretty much any reason; there's nothing so special about Mt.Coronet that's common knowledge that would entice several children go there from Eterna (except maybe for religious purposes). If you are going to make it so that children from Eterna leave to go to Mt.Coronet specifically then you need to establish a good reason for it; though, I don't think you could do that without conflicting or interfering with the established Pokemon Fallout canon.

Again, I'm not a GM, but it's something to keep in mind.

Last edited by machomuu; October 14th, 2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:12 AM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

@machomuu Oh, I didn't mean MULTIPLE people went becaues they were allowed to. I just meant that some snuck off and didn't come back, because in the topic post, it said that Etarna is hostile toward free pokespirit weilders, so I assumed most wouldn't come back. As for the Zorua thing, I'll fix that. Thanks, machomuu!
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

So.....How long until we resume posting?
Old October 14th, 2012, 10:50 AM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Machomuu: There is a supernatural pull in the mind of an eligible child that compels them to travel to Mt. Coronet. Not a really strong one, but one that's impossible not to notice.

@PPPGGGR: Basically now. Except I need time to get a post out. :U Maybe I can do one today. If not, probably... tomorrow.
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMnTrainer Yellow View Post
@Machomuu: There is a supernatural pull in the mind of an eligible child that compels them to travel to Mt. Coronet. Not a really strong one, but one that's impossible not to notice.
Ah, right. It would be safe to assume that the boy could deduce that that's where they were going, especially since he would also be feeling the pull, himself.
Old October 15th, 2012, 05:59 AM
銀ヤミ
Fighting to Renew my Past...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Alright... Holy moly. Chaos just like, erupted there all over the place. I wasn't even expecting anyone to control the haxorus wielder.

IceFyr, Khawill? You're leaving us in the dust. If you're going to join our group, you've got to give us a chance to post. I mean, seriously! You're not giving our characters a chance to /do/ anything! Don't you think anyone might have any objections to your character's actions? That maybe they wouldn't appreciate a random stranger waltzing up and stealing the pokespirit prize right in front of them??

I mean it's not as if they can't tell she's absorbing it! There's no option of stealth there, if for no other reason than the fact that the pokespirits inside these people's heads would easily be able to warn them that that is in fact what's happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TornZero View Post
Frankly, you still sound disrespectful, and not just to Yellow. The way you're speaking makes it look like you're trying to pin the blame of all the in-character events on IceFyr, when any one player character simply interacting with another for not even two posts can drastically change what happens next with either. This is to say, of course, that you're at just as much fault.

Along with this, you can control your posting speed. It makes no excuse for anything.

Anyways, since IceFyr had deleted his last two IC posts, you're going to have to take care of your own as well.
Quote:

@PPPGGGR: Basically now. Except I need time to get a post out. :U Maybe I can do one today. If not, probably... tomorrow.
What the hell did I miss here...?
x
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:47 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Thinking about it now, and considering the group we have in Coronet, if any of the people who didn't participate in the battle took the spirit, one of us out probably kill them given their personalities and tendencies (at the very least, Creed would be pretty pissed) :/ It'd be justifiably within the rules, right?
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Lol, that would lead to sooooo much revenge killings :D. Anyways I don't think Ice still has the post where he takes the spirit, and my character that is there has no plans on getting it.

Old October 15th, 2012, 03:18 PM
銀ヤミ

ALERT

No one take that spirit. This one is totally for Amethyst.
x
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:22 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
ALERT

You sure that's a good idea? That Haxorus would tear Amethyst apart, and she already doesn't play nice with her current spirit.
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Machomuu: Killing someone for stealing a pokespirit sounds like a pretty reasonable reaction, yeah. Though, if I'm not mistaken IceFyr retconned that. There's also really plenty of time to deliver a powerful blow to anyone standing there trying to absorb a pokespirit against your will. Also, who said the pokespirit was the insane one of the pair?
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:24 PM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
You sure that's a good idea? That Haxorus would tear Amethyst apart, and she already doesn't play nice with her current spirit.
That's the point. I could completely use this for character development on Amethyst.

Also, Lucy could protect her while she absorbed it ;D
x
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfOfEve View Post
ALERT

Amethyst still needs to react to me taking the Guillotene for her
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:26 PM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pppgggr View Post
Amethyst still needs to react to me taking the Guillotene for her
I'll get onto everything in my next post, which might be tomorrow.

Now, I hope that everyone isn't going to post ahead of me again.
x
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Lol Spark with it would make quiet a destructive person, shes already snapped >:D. I wouldn't take it though because Spark is all electric types, (its her namesake) and a dragon just wouldn't work.

Old October 15th, 2012, 03:27 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

Quote:
@Machomuu: Killing someone for stealing a pokespirit sounds like a pretty reasonable reaction, yeah. Though, if I'm not mistaken IceFyr retconned that. There's also really plenty of time to deliver a powerful blow to anyone standing there trying to absorb a pokespirit against your will. Also, who said the pokespirit was the insane one of the pair?
If the Haxorus isn't the insane one then I regret having aided in killing her, she'd be a unique addition >.<

@Zerin - I won't post until you do, at least. I can't, really, seeing that Mako is unconscious (though I'll probably have Creed take over).
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM
PkMnTrainer Yellow
RP Mentor
Community Supporter

@Machomuu: Well... unique is a pretty nice way of putting it. I'm amused that you thought it was possible to make her an 'addition' though. I mean... just think about what she did for a moment. Didn't talk. Just violently flung herself at a group of pokespirit wielders without warning or sufficient provocation. It was basically suicide. I made a point to describe that even Lucy was left bewildered and unable to understand what would possess a person to act that way.

I guess what I was trying to get at was that the girl you guys just ended was a great deal more vicious than the average person. I mean, normally brutality and cruelty is a result of the desire to survive, but if you read Anne's NPC Boss entry, she isn't even all that great at taking a hit. It was once again... basically suicide. I won't expand on that anymore than I already have, but I will say you'll be given chances to figure out more about her down the road.
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:10 AM
銀ヤミ

Quote:
@Machomuu: Well... unique is a pretty nice way of putting it. I'm amused that you thought it was possible to make her an 'addition' though. I mean... just think about what she did for a moment. Didn't talk. Just violently flung herself at a group of pokespirit wielders without warning or sufficient provocation. It was basically suicide. I made a point to describe that even Lucy was left bewildered and unable to understand what would possess a person to act that way.

I guess what I was trying to get at was that the girl you guys just ended was a great deal more vicious than the average person. I mean, normally brutality and cruelty is a result of the desire to survive, but if you read Anne's NPC Boss entry, she isn't even all that great at taking a hit. It was once again... basically suicide. I won't expand on that anymore than I already have, but I will say you'll be given chances to figure out more about her down the road.
Mkay. I'll begin working on my post now. So, in short, Amethyst is going to absorb the Haxorus.

To prevent any unfair bunnying of Lucy, I'd have to ask. Is anyone in our group going to be opposed to Amy taking it? Because if so, you might want to wait until /after/ Yellow posts, because I'm almost certain that Lucy is going to be protecting Amethyst while she absorbs it.
x
Old October 17th, 2012, 06:36 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

I guess you didn't notice I changed it. So, I'm reposting. I'm pretty sure it's ok to repost. Otherwise, delete this post.

Name:Leonard Williams

Nickname (Optional): Lee

Age (10-13): 12

Sex (Male or Female): Male

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you sowish.): Lee is a pale kid. He wears lots of black for clothes and is pretty short. He is not to strong, and weighs very little. He also has black hair. He has various scars from being harassed by his parents.

Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): Lee is very insecure and very weakly voiced. He can’t stand up for himself and is usually protected by the people who like him. He is a quick thinker, though, and can lie very adequately. Lee is also a very caring person. When Lee fuses, he obtaines Zorua ears, a Zorua Tail, and slightly longer canine teeth.

History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have they been doing before this? Any noteworthy events?): Lee is a boy who is from Eterna City. He is abused by his parents, and has a little sister. His “parents” only take care of him because someone is paying them to do so. But Lee does not know this. His sister is he actual sister, her name is Sarah and she is who he attempts to protect, but utterly fails due to his diminutive stature. So, he does her strength related chores. He does them wrong often, and gets paddled for it. He loves bread, and is almost always carrying a stale loaf that his “parents” give him. Bread is all he and his sister eat. Overall, Lee cares about his sister and hates his parents.
Species: Zorua

Nickname (Optional): Tails

Personality (Can be as short or long as you want): Sort of like Lee in the sense he is a quick thinker, but is much more annoying than Lee in every way. Tails is always in Lee’s head guiding him in a sarcastic way.

Moves (Maximum of 6. TM and egg moves are allowed. These are the moves your character gets when they fuse): Sucker Punch, Foul Play, Embargo, Scary Face, Counter, Memento

Other (Optional): The main one is the fact that the Zorua pokespirit allows him to transform into living things he’s seen, like people and pokespirit weilders, but does not maintain their abilities.

Opening Post (This will be what we use to determine whether your writing skills are good enough. If accepted, you may feel free to copy paste your posthere into the IC thread.): Lee was doing his chores as usual. He was eating bread, as usual. But today he felt bored of the same routine every day. Chores, eat, get paddled, sleep. Chores,eat, get paddled, sleep. It’s the same thing every day for him. But, today he felt like he should get vengeance for what his parents do to his sister. He wanted to protect her, so he felt the need to draw their attention away from them so Sarah could escape. So, even though he was weak, he felt his sister should have the chance to be free, and he should be paddled for her crime for her.Smirking as he ran, he left town nervously and quietly. He was scared, but he believed it was worth it for his sister’s liberation. He ran in the direction of where Mt. Cornet once stood, because some other children who used to live in Eterna went there and never came back, but some did. From there, he moved in the direction he picked after a best-two-out-of-three-eni-meeni-minee-mo, which was North. Pretty soon,he was at a tablet he had not heard of. It read: "BRING YOURSELVES TO JUSTICE"

Lee wondered what that meant, then suddenly he heard a voice in his head. It said, “Human, you seem cool.I think I’ll go with you. Oh, and just to let you know the world has been broken, and it is humanity’s fault. It’s up to you to bring justice to yourselves and the world. You must guide yourself, however, I will be there to help. These are the laws of Arceus! Let yourself be washed of your moral preconceptions. From the first time you've read these commandments, let them be your only laws. Then and only then allow yourselves to rediscover what you believe is right or wrong. You shall not harm the spirit of the pokemon, lest divine retribution strike. You shall be in possession of no more than six pokemon spirits at any one time,lest your spirit become suppressed. If you take the spirit of the pokemon from another you must take it for your own, lest it turn on you." You shall not harm children under the age of fourteen that have not yet received their pokemon spirit. Yadda yadda yadda. I'm done here. Then, everything goes black for Lee.

Last edited by OrangeNess; October 17th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links