The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Toolbox

Notices

Toolbox Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
timson733333
Me gusta.

Nature: Quiet
When I open up Attack Editor, I keep getting Unhandled Exceptions saying "InvalidArgument=Value of '40' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'."

Learning how to hex edit. I'm not advanced in any way, and rely on tools most of the time.

deviantArt | YouTube
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:47 AM
crowlover
Beginning Trainer

For some reason, PGE seems to have troubles with Fire Red patched with the Alpha 3 of Jambo51's 649 Patch. It loads the ROM fine, but when I try opening any of the internal programs. And it returns the same results whether the checkboxes are clicked or not.

Do I need to do something with the offsets?

Last edited by crowlover; August 5th, 2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: typo
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Gamer2020
This love is a sickness...

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebeeson View Post
If you wait for the timer to count down and then click 'Skip this' or whatever, it loads to Deposit Files.
-Link Removed-
Tsk Tsk Tsk...

Download link changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timson733333 View Post
When I open up Attack Editor, I keep getting Unhandled Exceptions saying "InvalidArgument=Value of '40' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'."
Make sure you have the latest roms.ini file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowlover View Post
For some reason, PGE seems to have troubles with Fire Red patched with the Alpha 3 of Jambo51's 649 Patch. It loads the ROM fine, but when I try opening any of the internal programs. And it returns the same results whether the checkboxes are clicked or not.

Do I need to do something with the offsets?
Use Jambo's roms.ini and settings.ini files.

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip
Old August 6th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
In my time of using the Attack Editor, I've noticed that there are two different effect sets in lowering the opponent's stats one stage. One says "Lowers opponent's Attack/Defense/Speed/Special Attack/Special Defense/Accuracy/Evasion" (effects 18-24), while the other set says the same thing (it says "Lower" instead of "Lowers), except lowering Evasion is missing (effects 68-73). Is there a difference between these?

Also, I can't seem to find the effects that would result in lowering the user's stats, that attacks like Superpower and Close Combat use.
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
timson733333
Me gusta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer2020 View Post
Make sure you have the latest roms.ini file.
Nope, still gives me random errors.

Learning how to hex edit. I'm not advanced in any way, and rely on tools most of the time.

deviantArt | YouTube
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Gamer2020

Send a message via AIM to Gamer2020 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Gamer2020 Send a message via Yahoo to Gamer2020 Send a message via Skype™ to Gamer2020
Quote:
Nope, still gives me random errors.
Well then don't you think it would be a good idea for you to tell me what error codes you're getting and such?

A present to people learning to make ROM hacking tools. - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._Functions.zip
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
timson733333
Me gusta.

Quote:

Well then don't you think it would be a good idea for you to tell me what error codes you're getting and such?
Same as my last post, I'm getting error messages along the lines of "InvalidArgument=Value of '[insert number here]' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'." It happens only on certain moves on a clean Ruby ROM, like Rock Blast, but if I edit the ROM with another move editor it will most likely start giving me errors on every move.

deviantArt | YouTube
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Same as my last post, I'm getting error messages along the lines of "InvalidArgument=Value of '[insert number here]' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'." It happens only on certain moves on a clean Ruby ROM, like Rock Blast, but if I edit the ROM with another move editor it will most likely start giving me errors on every move.
Ok for the second time... Update your roms.ini cause that's the problem...
You should always update it after every update.
The only reason the program doesn't do it automatically is cause it would replace a custom one as well.

I am probably going to have to add an option to make it optional to update the roms.ini...
Spoiler:

Old August 11th, 2012, 12:59 PM
timson733333
Me gusta.

Quote:

Ok for the second time... Update your roms.ini cause that's the problem...
I already did the update by my second post. It still gives me errors on random moves. And I recently updated it again, with the same result.

deviantArt | YouTube
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
I already did the update by my second post. It still gives me errors on random moves. And I recently updated it again, with the same result.
Well I don't get those errors...

0894 - Pokemon - Ruby Version (US)
1636+-+Pokemon+Fire+Red+(U)(Squirrels)
1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald__U__TrashMan_
Make sure those are the rom dumps you are using.

Old August 12th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
oh, no wonder I kept getting errors on the attack editor!
I was using 0907 - Pokemon - Ruby Version (U) (v1.0). The errors didn't prevent me from doing anything, so I never worried about them. turns out, I was using the wrong dump. thanks for calming my nerves. xD
Old August 15th, 2012, 08:21 PM
RRC
Unhatched Egg

Hi. I'm curious to know, what sort of features can we expect from the battle tower editor? Thanks in advance.
Old August 18th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRC View Post
Hi. I'm curious to know, what sort of features can we expect from the battle tower editor? Thanks in advance.
Well you will be able to edit the trainers names, Pokemon and such. The only thing that will not be changeable is the trainers image because I think that depends on class. Some slight research and polishing of the tool is needed before it is released. Please be patient.

Old August 21st, 2012, 06:09 AM
Bozster
Chief Lunatic

Hey, I'd just like to ask about your built-in Pokemon Editor. The learnable TM/HM data extends all the way to TM95 and HM09, with some of the extra TMs being learnable for some Pokemon. Is this just to accomodate Jambo51's patch, or can it be used to make extra TMs added through Item Editor learnable?

Also, where might I be able to download said Special/Physical split ASM hack for Emerald/BPEE?

BTW The program is terrific, thank you so much!

Last edited by Bozster; August 21st, 2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old August 21st, 2012, 01:42 PM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozster View Post
Hey, I'd just like to ask about your built-in Pokemon Editor. The learnable TM/HM data extends all the way to TM95 and HM09, with some of the extra TMs being learnable for some Pokemon. Is this just to accomodate Jambo51's patch, or can it be used to make extra TMs added through Item Editor learnable?

Also, where might I be able to download said Special/Physical split ASM hack for Emerald/BPEE?

BTW The program is terrific, thank you so much!
It is mainly to be used with Jambo51's hack.
The split thing should be in the R&D section.

Old August 26th, 2012, 02:29 PM
peallen
pokemon lover

Thank you so much for posting this!You know what your my new idol.your cool :p
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:30 AM
TheOmnified
Beginning Trainer

Hey I'm having trouble with A-Trainer, I want to use it for my fire red ROM I've tried on different ROMs also but I get this message as soon as I load the ROM "Subscript out of range. DrawTile8"modLZ77"
Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry thats "DrawTile8@modLZ77" not "DrawTile8"modLZ77"

Last edited by TheOmnified; September 9th, 2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 17th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Circaoffire
Clueless Scripter :/

HackMew's XSE seems to be down... You said earlier to let you know if any of his mirrors were down. I keep trying to find it, but the rare ones I do find are crashing upon execution. If you are allowed to repost it for HackMew, or something else that would allow us noobs to acquire it, that would be greatly appreciated! ^.^
Old October 14th, 2012, 12:18 PM
timson733333
Me gusta.

Where's the attack animation table for Ruby in roms.ini? I was doing the adding new moves hack and noticed that both the tables for Ruby and Sapphire were missing, and that resulted in ridiculous animation pointers in the Attack Editor.

deviantArt | YouTube
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Gamer2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by peallen View Post
Thank you so much for posting this!You know what your my new idol.your cool :p
Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmnified View Post
Hey I'm having trouble with A-Trainer, I want to use it for my fire red ROM I've tried on different ROMs also but I get this message as soon as I load the ROM "Subscript out of range. DrawTile8"modLZ77"
Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry thats "DrawTile8@modLZ77" not "DrawTile8"modLZ77"
Not sure. More then likely it's that you haven't used a good ROM dump yet but I can't be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circaoffire View Post
HackMew's XSE seems to be down... You said earlier to let you know if any of his mirrors were down. I keep trying to find it, but the rare ones I do find are crashing upon execution. If you are allowed to repost it for HackMew, or something else that would allow us noobs to acquire it, that would be greatly appreciated! ^.^
It should be downloadable in the program. try again please.

Quote:
Where's the attack animation table for Ruby in roms.ini? I was doing the adding new moves hack and noticed that both the tables for Ruby and Sapphire were missing, and that resulted in ridiculous animation pointers in the Attack Editor.
Not all offsets are included in the roms.ini file. People are encouraged to add missing offsets themselves and customize the file as needed. In other words, find the table yourself and add it.

Old November 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
romancandle
Togepi

I was trying to reorder the Emerald Pokedex (regional) with your tool. I used P.O.E. and I thought the ??? Was the Regional Dex (Since Treeko was #1, Grovyle, #2, etc, etc). And in YAPE, the numbers under "Hoenn" were changed correctly. The problem is, when I actually got the Pokedex in the game, nothing had changed.

Did I do something wrong? Should I have used "National/Regional" instead? And if so, is there a way to edit the regional without directly affecting the national?
Old November 2nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
Naruto200
Togepi

Nature: Brave
Could I add/insert sprites using this?
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:32 PM
AkiraUdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoy View Post
Excellent, but two questions: when I'm editing the moves, the part that shows "physical, special, status" is always physical, even with the known special moves, like psychic or ice beam. It means that I have to change ALL moves to its respective attribute (to look like DPSS)? And what's that table value (0, 1 and 2)? Thanks.
anyone can clarify the part that Xoy is talking about... im also confuse about the 0,1,2.... clarify this more to help newbie editors... hehehehe just like me
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Lain Vesper
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys, whenever I try to download Advance Trainer, my security system insists that it is a trojan virus. Every time...
Old November 10th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Gamer2020

I'm sorry there has not been a new release for a while. I've been working on another project and studying for my CCNA so I haven't had much time. I am still plan on working on this so no worries ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romancandle View Post
I was trying to reorder the Emerald Pokedex (regional) with your tool. I used P.O.E. and I thought the ??? Was the Regional Dex (Since Treeko was #1, Grovyle, #2, etc, etc). And in YAPE, the numbers under "Hoenn" were changed correctly. The problem is, when I actually got the Pokedex in the game, nothing had changed.

Did I do something wrong? Should I have used "National/Regional" instead? And if so, is there a way to edit the regional without directly affecting the national?
It's been a while since I play with the pokedex but I remember that they are somehow "linked" so changing one may change the other. Perhaps someone else can explain it better cause I'm a little busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto200 View Post
Could I add/insert sprites using this?
You can using unzl which this program can install for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiraUdo View Post
anyone can clarify the part that Xoy is talking about... im also confuse about the 0,1,2.... clarify this more to help newbie editors... hehehehe just like me
Check the thread for the physical/special split.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lain Vesper View Post
Hey guys, whenever I try to download Advance Trainer, my security system insists that it is a trojan virus. Every time...
It's a problem with A-trainer. It gives a false positive for some reason. Do not worry it is not a virus of any kind.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links