The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Events & Groups

Notices

Events & Groups Want to join or set up a tournament? You're in the right place! Here you can find competitions and events as well as clans and other groups.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. Posts in this forum do not add to your total post count. Four-word rule and character-limit do not apply here.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Nature: Relaxed
it's fine although i usually eat dinner at around 6pm PST (9 PM EST i think)
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
I get haxed a lot and the hax gods who are the gods of hax hate me I'm sad :[
Old September 28th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Forever
let it go

I think I might be asleep at 8pm EST lmao. Wait hmmm that's Monday for me, no I'll be awake, just that I'll have uni in three hours after that, so as long as comm night is like, three hours I'll be all good! n___n;

JUST DON'T FORGET THE NOTICE!!!
Old September 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
The same day B2W2 comes out?

Mmm, I can try. :3

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old September 29th, 2012, 07:55 AM
wolf

Okay, we're having issues with time zones as usual. There simply isn't a time that everyone is available at (sans 10 AM EST, which is a bit early for some). So, I proposed on the server that we hold the CN the entire day. This effectively removes the time zone issues, but now we will likely have problems retaining activity throughout the day. That problem might be minimized with the help of a forum notice however. We also need more events to do during the CN, since we have much more time to work with now. Post in this thread if you have any ideas! Stuff like trivia quizzes and mafia games could work.

It's now possible to hold individual tournaments for all tiers. There's a total of 14 tiers on PS, which should take roughly 14 hours total for them to be completed (depending on the participants and if people have their teams ready). I'm going to take out some tiers that are probably unnecessary:

Spoiler:
1. Random Battle
2. Challenge Cup
3. OU
4. OU Suspect Test
5. CAP
6. Ubers
7. UU
8. RU
9. NU
10. LC
11. DW Ubers
11. DW OU
12. Hackmons
13. Balanced Hackmons
14. Glitchmons

into

1. Random Battle
2. OU
3. CAP
4. Ubers
5. UU
6. RU
7. NU
8. LC
9. DW OU
10. Balanced Hackmons
11. Glitchmons

As for the other ideas discussed on the server... We could have one introduction to competitive Pokémon at a certain time during CN. I see this as more of a tournament we could do, in which regulars can give advice during battles. Nothing too major. Nica should probably comment on this since it's her idea. Another event idea is having a Community Create-A-Team. If you don't know, it's where the entire community creates a team (discuss the process, decide what to use, etc.), but in the case on the server. This might spark some interest in CCATs and we could host more on the forum later.

Thoughts? Do you guys have any event ideas? ddit: Events related to B2W2 would be cool as well.

Last edited by wolf; September 29th, 2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflare View Post
We could have one introduction to competitive Pokémon at a certain time during CN. I see this as more of a tournament we could do, in which regulars can give advice during battles. Nothing too major. Nica should probably comment on this since it's her idea.
(Everyone else should comment too!)

But yeah, I like the tournament idea of it, but at first just cover the basics of what to expect, and if you're expanding on it, the members could watch some of the regulars battle, then they have a go making a team, and then battle each other then time for the advice stage as they battle each other? idk shouldn't take too long and I'm sure many will benefit from it that way rather than just making their own team and not knowing anything at all.
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:04 PM
wolf

Hmm well we don't really need anymore events now that I think about it. The two extra events (intro to battling and CCAT) should be enough. Not to mention that we'll probably be hosting tournaments through the day (almost) nonstop.

I'm slightly concerning about holding the CN on the B2W2 launch date, since some people might be busy getting the game or playing it. I suppose we'll be fine in the end.

So yeah, we should be good to go. I'll update the first post soon.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:02 PM
wolf

Uhh change of plans guys. I'll be out celebrating a friend's birthday on Sunday. As a result, we might have to move the date to Saturday. However, that doesn't give us much time to get the forum notice up, plan the two events, and get everyone to create teams in time. I suggest delaying it another week. Saturday, October 13th might be good since that's one day after the B2W2 launch in Europe. Also, Saturday is better for the CN because Sunday comes after, so staying up later in the night becomes more convenient.
Old October 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Uhh change of plans guys. I'll be out celebrating a friend's birthday on Sunday. As a result, we might have to move the date to Saturday. However, that doesn't give us much time to get the forum notice up, plan the two events, and get everyone to create teams in time. I suggest delaying it another week. Saturday, October 13th might be good since that's one day after the B2W2 launch in Europe. Also, Saturday is better for the CN because Sunday comes after, so staying up later in the night becomes more convenient.
This is why you should be anti-social. ;( But yes that does work out better and give a good gap between the PCX tourney and this, so it does work out well in the end.
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:27 AM
wolf

Okay, so everything looks good now. I'm going to see if I can get a forum notice up for this. Also, we need times for when the intro to battling and CCAT will start. For the intro, I'm thinking around 10-11 AM EST, while 5-8 PM for CCAT.
Old October 6th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I may just join so i can cheer on other players, but i may play a few rounds! Sounds like fun

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old October 7th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Forever
let it go

The times for intro work good for me.

Also dropping this here to do with intro:

Quote:
&skylight: oooooh
&skylight: i have an idea
&skylight: a really good idea for comm day
&skylight: !!
molamaxi: That's true, I mean Gardevoir to me is one of my favourites
&skylight: it is p good
&skylight: uhh okay so my idea was
&skylight: to introduce people
&skylight: two regs face off with their teams
&skylight: then one leaves the battle
&skylight: so a new member joins it
&skylight: and the same for hte other side
&skylight: therefore they're battling with the regs teams
molamaxi: ok and at one point would one leave
&skylight: the regs must cheer them on to win
&skylight: yeah
&skylight: and the regs need to support them/help them
&skylight: so it'
gunbladeoriginal left
&skylight: s like a hands on experience
&skylight: easier than just giving them your teams to work with lmao
molamaxi: seems like a good idea to me. I think you'd be saving time as well
&skylight: that's if we can get enough new people
&skylight: XD;
Old October 7th, 2012, 07:11 PM
littlebrother

Nature: Serious
^That's so crazy, it just might work!

I would love to play with someone else's team.

Everyone knows that the internet is managed by millions of tiny gnomes and
goblins working in sweatshops in Africa and Eastern Europe. Do you really
want to encourage that by staying on here all day?

Why not stay up all night to get lucky instead?
Old October 7th, 2012, 07:29 PM
wolf

So...by leaving a battle you can let someone else take your place? That's neat, but can't you just give them your team...? Then they'll have more time to look over the team and get adjusted to it. I think using a PS glitch (?) complicates things anyway. It's pretty easy to send someone a pastebin link, then import it to the teambuilder, so I don't really see the point. Am I missing something?
Old October 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
So...by leaving a battle you can let someone else take your place? That's neat, but can't you just give them your team...? Then they'll have more time to look over the team and get adjusted to it. I think using a PS glitch (?) complicates things anyway. It's pretty easy to send someone a pastebin link, then import it to the teambuilder, so I don't really see the point. Am I missing something?
Well I just figured it'd save a little bit of time for those that are confused about teambuilder and really wanna get into it, but whichever works easiest!
Old October 10th, 2012, 09:36 AM
wolf

Okay, I've been thinking about reducing the amount of tournament themes to around 5. The tournaments will just be repeated throughout the day (perhaps with little twists to existing rules to keep them interesting). I doubt anyone will be interested in all of the themes. I'm changing it to this if no one any objections.

1. OU
2. NU
3. Random Battle
4. Ubers
5. UU
6. 1v1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Well I just figured it'd save a little bit of time for those that are confused about teambuilder and really wanna get into it, but whichever works easiest!
If they find that more convenient, then sure, whichever works best for them. PS is isn't very complex though.

Last edited by wolf; October 10th, 2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: changing the themes
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
I will try this! Looks like a lot of fun

White 2:
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM
servine101
hatched, evolved egg

Nature: Quiet
I cant wait for this to happen tomorrow :D

I cant wait for this thing to happen :D

I cant wait for this thing to happen tomorrow :D

Last edited by servine101; October 12th, 2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky
Is the battles/trades going to be pokemon white/black pearl/diamond or black2/white2? I personaly would like it to be black2/white2 and are there any rules about the battles/trades such as banned pokemon in the tournaments like Genesect or Arceus?
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Bidoof
Doof

This sounds fun, i'll probably be there around 3pm - 5pm EST
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQUALSGAMER View Post
Is the battles/trades going to be pokemon white/black pearl/diamond or black2/white2? I personaly would like it to be black2/white2 and are there any rules about the battles/trades such as banned pokemon in the tournaments like Genesect or Arceus?
Community Night will be held on the PC Battle Server. You can access it via www.tinyurl.com/tpcbattleserver. The rules vary depending on which tournament theme we are currently using. I'll update the first post with the ban list for all the major tiers. Random Battle has no rules, because it's simply randomly generated teams. 1v1 has no rules other than the standard clauses.
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Taposa
Lúckymon Expert,Pkmn <3r,Fil.

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Taposa
Yes It's CN! Just go to PC Battle Server then...

Lucario/Riolu Fan club
PC Site
GPX+ SiteThe Super Starter Pokémon Club 💛 ~> The Eevee and Eeveelutions Club <~
Current Challenge

Old October 14th, 2012, 12:23 PM
wolf

So...I'd say that's easily the best Community Night we've had before. CN6 was much more active and more enjoyable than any of the last ones. We still have a lot of room for improvement, but this CN was definitely a success. Just saying, we peaked at around 20 or more members last night, which is likely the most we ever had online at once (especially for the newer version of the PC Battle Server).

Anyway, in the next CN the tournaments could be spanned out throughout the day better. Because CN now lasts an entire day (much better than the 3-5 hour restriction), we can assign times to when each tournament starts. Judging from yesterday, each tournament took from 1 to 2 hours to complete, depending on if it was a "best out of three" tour and if everyone was prepared. And next time I'm going to use Challonge entirely without the use of a thread.

Also, only in the late evening did we have time to do either the intro to battling and CCAT (but we ended up not doing either), so I think Community Night should stick to tournaments and a few minor events. Then again, that was from my point of view, and I was hosting CN and all of its tournaments at the time.

We agreed unofficially that the next CN should happen around the same week as Halloween, and we could host some Halloween themed tournaments at that time. If you guys have any feedback, feel free to post.
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Just saying, we peaked at around 20 or more members last night, which is likely the most we ever had online at once (especially for the newer version of the PC Battle Server).

We agreed unofficially that the next CN should happen around the same week as Halloween, and we could host some Halloween themed tournaments at that time. If you guys have any feedback, feel free to post.
v the highest recorded!!
Spoiler:

But yeah I was thinking about ideas for that earlier and I was thinking maybe also a monotype (kinda!) tour of psychic/dark/ghost (and fighting?) only, but with every other tour on the day for each team to include one ghost type (FOR SPOOKY) and for each tour to have a specific creepy name. I thiiink there are good enough ghosts to suit this role every tier but that just might mean OU has a lot of Gengar, oh well! Also everyone should use the creepy old lady avatar but that'd be optional.

Or... make a ghost tourney as in, one Pokemon is Missingno so you can only use five overall!!
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Zeffy
bowties are cool

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Perhaps make a team based around a certain ghost-type Pokemon, or a monotype team of the majority's choice? This could be like a community-made team, like what wolf was supposed to do (was he able to? idk since I left, it was very late that time lol). Sounds like something fun that everyone can participate into.
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM
littlebrother

Nature: Serious
You can't just leave it with ghosts, they're only a part of Halloween! ;;o;; How about some dark types and particular pokemon from the Monster Egg group?

Everyone knows that the internet is managed by millions of tiny gnomes and
goblins working in sweatshops in Africa and Eastern Europe. Do you really
want to encourage that by staying on here all day?

Why not stay up all night to get lucky instead?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links