The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2012 (11:25 PM).
Phoenix-f-
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Nope, Challenge Mode & Easy Mode (Assist Mode in Japanese) only take effect when starting a new game.
But I've read that when you start a new game, you lose the feature you unlock. How is it going to work?

PARAS & PARASECT

Old October 15th, 2012 (11:28 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix-f- View Post
Do Challange Mode/Assist Mode only affect the game after E4? Will trainers (post-game) immediately have higher/lower level pokemon after obtaining it?
Yes, they affect the trainers post-game. For instance, if I go to battle Cynthia her Pokemon will be lv80+ instead of lv76+. This works without the need of outside Black/White 2 cartridges.

To play Challenge Mode from the start of the game you will have to have a second Black 2 and DS system or a friend with Black 2 send you the Challenge Key.

If you delete your own Black 2 and restart, you will lose the key and not be able to play Challenge Mode.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old October 15th, 2012 (11:42 PM).
Phoenix-f-
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
Yes, they affect the trainers post-game. For instance, if I go to battle Cynthia her Pokemon will be lv80+ instead of lv76+. This works without the need of outside Black/White 2 cartridges.

To play Challenge Mode from the start of the game you will have to have a second Black 2 and DS system or a friend with Black 2 send you the Challenge Key.

If you delete your own Black 2 and restart, you will lose the key and not be able to play Challenge Mode.
Does it change the gameplay considerably? I only plan to buy Black 2 because of it.

PARAS & PARASECT

Old October 16th, 2012 (12:03 AM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix-f- View Post
Does it change the gameplay considerably? I only plan to buy Black 2 because of it.
Depends on your play style. Personally, when I first entered post-game I started to send over Pokemon from previous versions, thus Challenge Mode didn't really change much.

But during the beginning campaign, it affects it greatly. Not only do all trainers have higher level Pokemon, Gym Leaders/E4 also have extra Pokemon. And the AI is much better, you won't be able to power through most of it without careful team/action choices.

Old October 16th, 2012 (09:25 AM).
Blade_of_darkness
Corrupt Animatronic
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to Blade_of_darkness
I've got another thing to ask.

With regards to Serebii's Unova guide, there should be someone who gives you an Eevee with its hidden ability as a gift in Castelia City. It gave me an idea as to where I should be, but what I'd like to know is, who do I need to talk to in order to receive the eevee gift?

If you see one of us up close, you're already dead!
Old October 16th, 2012 (10:21 AM).
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

@Blade_of_darkness
You have to defeat the Elite 4 first. You'll receive the Eevee in the Dream World research lab from one of Fennel's assistants. I haven't tried it yet but I found the info on Gift Pokemon on Serebii.

Old October 16th, 2012 (02:18 PM).
Crescend
Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
Are pokemon found in hidden grottos always male? I tried restarting my game a handful of times to encounter a female minccino (the very first hidden grotto shown by Bianca) yet it seems to be always male. Also wiki seems to indicate that only one of each pokemon type can be caught, so if I catch the minccino now I'll never find another minccino with the hidden ability?
Old October 16th, 2012 (02:48 PM).
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescend View Post
Are pokemon found in hidden grottos always male? I tried restarting my game a handful of times to encounter a female minccino (the very first hidden grotto shown by Bianca) yet it seems to be always male. Also wiki seems to indicate that only one of each pokemon type can be caught, so if I catch the minccino now I'll never find another minccino with the hidden ability?
MOST of the Pokemon have only a 30% chance of being female, with Minccino actually having a 60% chance. However, Pokemon, Items, and genders, cannot be soft-reseted. The moment whatever it is has been generated, it is there to stay, with natures of Pokemon being the only exception.

Let the little fairy in you fly!
Old October 16th, 2012 (08:15 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Does anyone know where the EV rater is?
Old October 16th, 2012 (08:37 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
She's still in Driftveil, if memory serves. In that tent area like she was in BW. I might be wrong though, but I'm still pretty sure they didn't move her. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong person! ;(
Old October 16th, 2012 (08:41 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Does anyone know where the EV rater is?
If you call Bianca using the Xtransceiver you can ask her to evaluate the EVs and happiness of any Pokemon in your party.

Old October 16th, 2012 (09:10 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiran777 View Post
If you call Bianca using the Xtransceiver you can ask her to evaluate the EVs and happiness of any Pokemon in your party.

THANK YOUUUU. Been asking for days
Old October 16th, 2012 (11:44 PM).
TrvsMonster
Unhatched Egg

Hi, I have come for some advice because I seem to be stuck. I am at the part in Pokemon Black 2 where you have to return to the plasma frigate for the second time, and enter a number code on the computer to proceed. I battled all the plasma trainers and found out the numbers that I needed, but on returning to the computer it said that I needed a card key to enter them. upon looking through some walkthroughs for the game I found that I needed to get the card key in a cafeteria on the first time you go to the frigate outside the cave on route 21. Am i completely screwed at this point or am I missing something?
Old October 17th, 2012 (05:54 AM).
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrvsMonster View Post
Hi, I have come for some advice because I seem to be stuck. I am at the part in Pokemon Black 2 where you have to return to the plasma frigate for the second time, and enter a number code on the computer to proceed. I battled all the plasma trainers and found out the numbers that I needed, but on returning to the computer it said that I needed a card key to enter them. upon looking through some walkthroughs for the game I found that I needed to get the card key in a cafeteria on the first time you go to the frigate outside the cave on route 21. Am i completely screwed at this point or am I missing something?
Go to the cafeteria and there will be a female grunt. Battle her and get the card.

"By force of will!"
Old October 17th, 2012 (07:29 AM).
Sherbertmelon
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys I'm new here! However I have a simple solid question that needs answering as I cannot find the answer anywhere on the net!!

I have Pokemon White 2 and Soul Silver, I also own 2x Nintendo 3DS's...now my question is, is it possible to obtain Charmander, Squirtle and Bulbasaur in Pokemon White 2? Is there a way? If yes, how?

Thank-you in advance if you read or reply!

I will be awaiting some comments! Hopefully :3
Old October 17th, 2012 (07:42 AM).
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

No. They must be transferred.

"By force of will!"
Old October 17th, 2012 (07:50 AM).
Dechuri
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
you can get bulbasaur from oak after you beat red in soul silver and then transfer it to white 2 but other then that no

Quote:
N: "YOU! RIDE THIS FERRIS WHEEL WITH ME!"

Old October 17th, 2012 (07:50 AM).
Sherbertmelon
Unhatched Egg

So they are possible to own in White 2? Just need to be transferred from Soul Silver?
Old October 17th, 2012 (08:01 AM).
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
If you have SS, you might already know that once you beat Red at the end of the game, Oak will let you choose one of the Kanto Starters. To get all of em, you would have to complete SS 3 times, each time transferring your Pokémon to B2...

That's how I got my Charazard in my W team
Old October 17th, 2012 (04:57 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Leavanny vs Whimsicott vs Lilligant

These three pokemon always winds up giving me trouble. So Im thinking why not raise one. Suggestions for which ones best and ideal nature?
Old October 17th, 2012 (05:02 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:

These three pokemon always winds up giving me trouble. So Im thinking why not raise one. Suggestions for which ones best and ideal nature?
Leavanny not only has good offenses and Speed, but a shallow offensive movepool as well:
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Return/Shadow Claw
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Whimsicott has a wide support movepool to abuse with Prankster, but lacks offensive presence. Just mix and match whatever support moves you fancy, but use a Bold (or Impish should you not use Giga Drain for some reason) with the EV spread of 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef.

Lilligant's movepool is extremely shallow, but it has Quiver Dance to compensate:
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice/Rock)
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll

So go with Lilligant, assuming you can find one with the right Hidden Power type.

Old October 17th, 2012 (05:10 PM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Quote:

Whimsicott doesn't really shine in the campaign, and Lilligant has a very shallow movepool. (Literally. It only has grass attacks + whatever its hidden power is and Round.)

Out of those three, I would go with Leavanny. Depending on your access to TMs, it can learn Shadow Claw, Payback, and Aerial Ace to give a decent coverage verse AI.

(If you're asking competitively go with what PD said above)

Old October 17th, 2012 (05:14 PM).
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
I think Sleep Powder + Quiver Dance is what makes Lilligant actually viable, in battling and catching Pokemon.

But in the end I'd go with Leavanny. It's decent attacking stats and access to better moves will give you the edge in-game.
Old October 17th, 2012 (06:07 PM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Leavanny not only has good offenses and Speed, but a shallow offensive movepool as well:
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-X-Scissor
-Return/Shadow Claw
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Whimsicott has a wide support movepool to abuse with Prankster, but lacks offensive presence. Just mix and match whatever support moves you fancy, but use a Bold (or Impish should you not use Giga Drain for some reason) with the EV spread of 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef.

Lilligant's movepool is extremely shallow, but it has Quiver Dance to compensate:
-Quiver Dance
-Giga Drain
-Sleep Powder
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice/Rock)
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll

So go with Lilligant, assuming you can find one with the right Hidden Power type.
Is there a suitable replacement for Hidden?
Old October 17th, 2012 (06:09 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Is there a suitable replacement for Hidden?
Other than Dream Eater, Round and some other support move from Lilligant's good support movepool, no. The former 2 aren't useful anyways.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links