The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Why have my threads in this forum had such musical titles lately? XD

So yeah,
What is your favorite type of pasta? And what is your favorite type of sauce/topping? Do you eat pasta often? Or never? :O

*This thread was totally not prompted from having that song stuck in my head.
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:38 AM
princeofpoop
idk

Nature: Brave
Just spaghetti will do for me, haven't branched off to more luxurious pastas yet :p
I actually like to use salad dressings like Italian or Thousand Island when I eat spaghetti, yeah pretty weird.
I eat pasta nearly every week.
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Antemortem
[INSERT A PROFOUND TRUTH]

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
Spaghetti, but only if it has a lot of pepper in it. If it doesn't, I'll add on the pepper until everyone else is finished eating, at which point there will only be half as much pepper as there needs to be. Seriously, I like a little spaghetti with my pepper. n-n;

I don't eat pasta all that often, though, unless I make it. Everyone else's pasta always sucks.
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Linguine with marinara sauce. Very ordinary.

But it has to be a specific brand of marinara sauce that I've since forgotten the name of. I had it two times and decided that it was pretty much the most amazing sauce in the world the moment it graced my tastebuds.
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I usually like fusilli pasta in a pasta salad is nice.

But as far as dishes go, Penne alla vodka is my absolute favourite. It needs to be homemade. Even the sauce, or it is not the same.

Usually made with a rose sauce made from the regular tomato sauce we make and jar each year, 35% cream, pancetta, and vodka. topped with a bit of basil. Beautiful!

Pasta needs to be cooked al dente, of course.
Old October 14th, 2012, 05:15 PM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

I love love love pasta, all kinds. My favorite would be fettuccine though, with alfredo sauce. Yum!
Old October 15th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
Spaghetti, defs. But when it comes to pasta, I'm not all that picky. Any type of pasta is awesome.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old October 15th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I love all kinds of pasta but my absolute fave is agnolotti, which is that one with the semi-circle shape.

Especially spinach and ricotta flavor, it's my favorite.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

loa: july 29 - august 12

Old October 15th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
My dad always said that both me and him should have been born into Italian families, since we both have pasta sauce flowing through our veins

I'll eat just about any type of pasta, with spaghetti, linguini, macaroni and rotini being some of my favorites. I also like it with most types of sauces, although I'm not really a fan of pesto sauce.
Old October 15th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
All covered in cheese, I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed! It rolled off the table and onto the floor, the last time I saw it, it rolled out the door...

:3

Anyways, I hate most pasta. Too much sauce and stuff, blah. I'll just take plain old buttered noodles.
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
ANY AND ALL PASTA JESUS CHRIST.

Seriously I love pasta it's like a huge event for me and my boyfriend now when Olive Garden has their never-ending pasta bowl.

Especially the noodle kisses uwu

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old October 16th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

I'll eat any of them. Spaghetti is most common though since it's at work so I can eat it whenever. Can't go wrong with spaghetti. :3 I also really like tortellini, does stuffed pasta count?

As for sauce, almost any tomato sauce works for me. Since I've been working at the pizza place for 3 years now, that's what I prefer, just because I'm so used to it. I loved canned sauce before but now I am really picky.
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I usually like fusilli pasta in a pasta salad is nice.

But as far as dishes go, Penne alla vodka is my absolute favourite. It needs to be homemade. Even the sauce, or it is not the same.

Usually made with a rose sauce made from the regular tomato sauce we make and jar each year, 35% cream, pancetta, and vodka. topped with a bit of basil. Beautiful!

Pasta needs to be cooked al dente, of course.
*Points to this post*
Kura is going to cook me her Vodka pasta at some point! :3333 /nom nom nom

Anyway, I like most pasta; don't really have a favourite.
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:31 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
I hate pasta; lasagna and spaghetti, I don't particularly like but will eat if I had to. I don't hate it to the point I can't eat it all, but if I had a choice between two meals, I'd definnitely opt for the one with no pasta. The only exception is creamy carbonara. <3
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Katholic Nun
of the Khristian Kollection

Nature: Adamant
I used to love spaghetti the most, but now I find it too messy and I don't like things being messy. Now I love penne pasta because it's easy to eat without getting sauce all over you

My sauce of choice is bolognese. It's classic!

Moderator of General Chat
PAIR(S)|NOW|TUMBLR
"like when AT&T was paying for our meals in dallas you bet your ass I ordered the lamb" - Oryx, 2014 A.D.
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
I used to love spaghetti the most, but now I find it too messy and I don't like things being messy. Now I love penne pasta because it's easy to eat without getting sauce all over you :)

My sauce of choice is bolognese. It's classic!
Bolognese has to be the messiest meal, Andy...

I like Ravioli over normal, everyday pasta. Meat inside pasta = bliss.

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:36 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Lots of different kinds! :D Top favourites:

Bucatini all'amatriciana
Very simple but perfect. A fresh tomato sauce (more like fresh tomatoes, than an actual sauce. And different kinds of tomatoes too - red cherry, yellow plum, roasted red plum), garlic, extra virgin olive oil, chili flakes, guanciale (being pork cheek), and pecorino romano cheese (sheep's milk)

Chestnut Tagliatelle with Black Trumpet Mushrooms in an Oxtail Ragu
I don't know. The title was pretty descriptive enough I think. Basically chestnut pasta is magical. So very soft.

Cacio e Pepe
Literally "cheese and pepper". Use a bavette or fine linguini noodle. Extra virgin live oil, grated Cacio di Roma (basically pecorino cheese), and fresh ground black pepper (lots). You could reduce a step and just buy pecorino cheese with black peppercorn slices embedded in it. Simple.

Also, I'm game for something full of a variety of mushrooms. Or something with shellfish (and/or squid ink)

And for the record, my Mom makes the best Carbonara (egg-based sauce with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, pancetta [pork belly], and peas) and Bolognese (ground beef and pork tomatoe sauce) on the planet :p (I'm guessing. Can't prove it XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
I hate pasta; lasagna and spaghetti, I don't particularly like but will eat if I had to. I don't hate it to the point I can't eat it all, but if I had a choice between two meals, I'd definnitely opt for the one with no pasta
I dislike you
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshiro. View Post
I love love love pasta, all kinds. My favorite would be fettuccine though, with alfredo sauce. Yum!
Pretty much this. I'm obsessed with alfredo and usually it's fettucine that goes with it, which I love too. I don't really understand pasta preferences though - don't they all taste the same, just different shapes? I guess the easier for me to eat are the tube ones. Penne?
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:01 AM
TRIFORCE89
Guide of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Pretty much this. I'm obsessed with alfredo and usually it's fettucine that goes with it, which I love too. I don't really understand pasta preferences though - don't they all taste the same, just different shapes? I guess the easier for me to eat are the tube ones. Penne?
It's a texture thing. I prefer ribbon-cut noodles (they're flat) over "the tubes" or other decorative shapes.

Now a funny a hybrid is bucatini. It's a long tubed noodle with a very narrow hole down the middle. Sauce latches onto that like wow.

And pasta itself can taste different depending on how it is made. Fresh VS dry. Egg-based, wheat-based, tomato-based, spinach-based, chestnut-based, etc. And then al dente comes into play as well.

Pasta is a vessel, but cultures approach it in different ways. The "American" way would be to cook some pasta of some shape and then lump a bunch of sauce over top. The Italian way is to finish the pasta in the sauce - what ends up on the plate is mostly pasta, not sauce. Different balance
Old October 16th, 2012, 11:49 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I like most types of pasta, especially spaghetti and alfredo

Old October 16th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
It's a texture thing. I prefer ribbon-cut noodles (they're flat) over "the tubes" or other decorative shapes.

Now a funny a hybrid is bucatini. It's a long tubed noodle with a very narrow hole down the middle. Sauce latches onto that like wow.

And pasta itself can taste different depending on how it is made. Fresh VS dry. Egg-based, wheat-based, tomato-based, spinach-based, chestnut-based, etc. And then al dente comes into play as well.

Pasta is a vessel, but cultures approach it in different ways. The "American" way would be to cook some pasta of some shape and then lump a bunch of sauce over top. The Italian way is to finish the pasta in the sauce - what ends up on the plate is mostly pasta, not sauce. Different balance
This guy knows his pastas.

Also our moms should battle it out for best Carbonara! Haha they're close enough to each other that this is actually possible, because I think my mom makes the absolute best! >D!!!
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Y DO U TAUNT ME WITH FOOD /is starving atm
I love pasta and Italian food in general. Spaghetti's my fave though.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old October 17th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Avishka
bye.
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
i like all kinds of pasta but i love the pasta my mom makes <3 <3

Old October 25th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
In terms of shapes of pasta, I probably like fusilli the best. I like the corkscrew shape and the texture is also really nice. In terms of flavours and sauces and whatnot, I'm a big carbonara fanboy. Having said that, I only had it for the first time about 3 years ago, but have been making up for it ever since. Every time I go to an Italian restaurant, I'll try the carbonara to see how good the restaurant as a whole is, as it's quite a good benchmark for that kind of stuff. :P
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

I dont really have that much of a preference for pasta shapes, I'll eat whatever. As for sauce, I like cream sauce/alfredo and light olive oil, lemon, garlic based sauces or pesto. I enjoy Carbonara quite a bit too. I hate tomatoes, so I will not eat tomato sauce at all.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links