• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

PC likes you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I'm fine with the like system, but please, no dislike system. I would hate that. The only thing that would do is cause arguments and such. Plus, not really any need for a dislike button.

I definitely agree with this. I'm fine with having the Like feature, even if a handfull of people think it pointless, but a Dislike feature would probably cause a ton of complaints.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Hahahaha, oh my god this is awesome. I mean "awesome" in the nerdiest way possible. XD Now I can just hit Like approximately five times in every thread while I lurk around from the dark depths of the PC shadows. v w v Perfection.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
I wanted to do a button, but then I remembered it'd be a huge pain in the butt to make a new one for each style. >_>;

One option I'm thinking about is converting all of our buttons into stylized "div" buttons that aren't images, that way they'll be styled based on the style's colors and still look integrated, but without having to make a new image every time. Just a thought.

I did put the Furret back. o_o; Is it not showing up for you?
Nope, I still see the thumbs up thing even when the post is liked. I'm using Infernal Smash [Fixed Width].
And as for the div, honestly I don't really think that'd be a good idea. It would be pretty nice to only apply that to the like button, but the buttons on some skins are epic and I'd hate to see them go :/
Perhaps instead of a button or icon, possibly a table division that takes up the whole height of the bottom part?

For instance, instead of this:
Spoiler:

Possibly something more around the lines of this:
Spoiler:

Of course, that's just a one minute mock-up in GIMP, the colors are wrong and such. But aside from that, this area could take the Table Header or Popup Menu controls CSS, or just possibly custom by editing the background color/border color... That way it's a button and icon all in one. Idk, this might not exactly help solve the problem but it could be a start?

Last edited:

Echidna

Years
Lol I can imagine going through 86 Skins (That we can see) xD
Well, good luck :3 Of course it works on a lot of skins which makes it easier, considering you did the better part of the changes to the Master Style?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Soon! Haha. Sorry about that, we just have sooo many styles. x_x
You can revert the postbit on New Directions if you want. I can't think of a single thing I did to it that would make it not follow the parent style, but apparently something was important enough to modify it.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Isn't it great that we actually have a like button on posts now? ^^ It makes PC feel even more interesting. People can now like posts that they find are very well done. It surely is an improvement, and I'm pretty sure that this idea was suggested in the CQ&F a few months ago, and now it has become a reality. Whoever came up with the idea surely will be glad to know that it's been implemented. ^^

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Does your liked post raise your rep?

We don't have rep here - we used to, but it was removed a long time ago. Liked posts don't add up to anything; the like feature is just there for the sake of ease and interest.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
Oh i that i meant something else that i thought this forum had. Nvm then.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I have noticed the "blog this post" post button is missing now though, and I miss him. o;

Just to say it's still missing, I don't mean to pester or anything. :]

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Oh right. :[

Well, If I made some buttons for some styles could we bring it back?

Only, I did use it. :/

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Oh right. :[

Well, If I made some buttons for some styles could we bring it back?

Only, I did use it. :/

Honestly, you're the only person I've seen so far since we decided to remove it who's asked about where it's gone and the only person I've seen in a while who uses it semi-regularly. For the hassle it caused some people with misclicks and whatnot (especially with content from restricted forums which has happened before) it's just not worth bringing it back when you can just quote a post and copy and paste it into a blog entry.

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
That's some sound reasoning, I take it back.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I really like the Sentret.

I dislike that still nothing happens when I click the like button xD I want to be able to like posts too... I have no idea why. Windows 7, Google Chrome. Doesn't work for me on any styles, but I can see other people who liked a post and all.

Unless I've somehow liked a hundred posts by clicking just for trying over these past few days, and they all show up for you guys but not for me? xD

Echidna

Years
I don't think it'd be difficult. I mean all likes to any one comment/post/blog would be stored somewhere, all that'd have to be done would be to duplicate the function for blogs...

Back