The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 4th, 2012 (11:53 AM).
bctincher15
blue eye + brown eye =awesome

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
Dunsparce gives me a glimmer of hope that Pokemon from all regions will be in it.

Good ol' Dunsparce.
It's also comfirmed to have Kecleon still running the item shop, and Rampardos also has a treasure store.
Old October 5th, 2012 (01:18 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambagos View Post
lol there is a Hydreigon in cover. So, Hydreigon is not one of the bad guy, right? :o
Nope. Hydreigon will be running a shop in the main city.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 5th, 2012 (11:12 AM).
Koyan
Ghost/Dark Trainer

Nature: Careful
The Japanese Trailer is here for anyone interested.
Old October 5th, 2012 (03:52 PM).
rizoph
Mime Jr.

Nature: Mild
Thanks for posting the link. I am SO hyped for the new PMD! I always liked them! They are challenging. (Sometimes)

Join tsukinohito.com/temp_forum
Old October 5th, 2012 (04:10 PM).
ProjectMisfit
The fear of falling apart

Nature: Quiet
I can't wait to try this out. This and Luigi's mansion 2. :3
Old October 6th, 2012 (01:44 PM).
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
Eh, I'm really not a fan of the PMD games, but I'll probably get this just so I know what the deal with it is. It looks fairly interesting, more so than the others, so that's a start!

Old October 13th, 2012 (08:45 AM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
CoroCoro gave us some new info today! n_n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serebii
The first images of CoroCoro has been revealed, showing more details of the upcoming game Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. These images showcase various new features of the game
In it, it lists Lugia and Ho-Oh as being major Pokémon within the narrative, along with Kyurem. The main hub area in the game is known as the Pokémon Paradise and features a variety of new Pokémon who provide many amenities and items. A new feature in the town is V-Roulette, run by Victini, which will get you higher ranked Pokémon through the V-Wave. Scraggy will allow you to forget and/or remember various moves. Azumarill runs the noticeboard where all the missions are given.
In addition to this, you're able to build up Pokémon Paradise to your own specifications as you go on, setting up stores with various PokémonWith Pansage, you have the ability to grow various berries to aid you on your quest. Quagsire is used to check upon the status of the Pokémon you have befriended, and set you to have them join you in the next dungeon. Beartic provides you with a small mini-game to play where you need to shoot discs across some ice to get it in a hole.
There's an Everyone Attack mode where all Pokémon 's heart beams are collected. The effect differs depending on your main character's type but it can do massive damage. There are also special Team Skills, which are currently unknown. Emolga and Dunsparce are labelled as best friends and will join your party as the game progresses
I'm so excited oh my god. :(

Also two scans from CoroCoro, SECOND ONE IS THE BEST.

Image 1
Spoiler:

Image 2
Spoiler:
Old October 14th, 2012 (12:18 PM).
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Now that it's confirmed(?) that you won't be forced to play as Pikachu, I'm actually hyped for this game! And even if we can only play as Pikachu, the Unova starters, or Axew, it's much better than only being able to play as Pikachu.

The only Mystery Dungeon game I've played was Red; I was never able to get the newer ones but I've always wanted to continue playing them. This seems like a great opportunity for me to get back into those games.
Old October 14th, 2012 (07:33 PM).
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Cant wait for the new pmd :D
I love the PMD series so i am really looking forward to the next one.

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old October 14th, 2012 (09:48 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Serebii just uploaded 69 images from the official site. Shows off a lot of interesting things about the games.

3D item sprites confuse and perplex me XD But they look awesome. Kinda hopin they keep all the same generic images for the items...
Old October 14th, 2012 (10:41 PM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
Now that it's confirmed(?) that you won't be forced to play as Pikachu, I'm actually hyped for this game! And even if we can only play as Pikachu, the Unova starters, or Axew, it's much better than only being able to play as Pikachu.
So now, we all are gonna choose Axew, good, good :D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 15th, 2012 (04:20 AM).
Hikamaru
this is all yours
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'm so excited we can play as the Unova Starters and Axew as well. Not just Pikachu.

If only I had a 3DS I would get this game, and I'd definitely play as Oshawott cos you know, I love him.

battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter
pairs | the welcome lounge | fairy-type club

Old October 15th, 2012 (05:51 AM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'm choosing Axew and Oshawott! n_n I swear if they make us play as Pikachu I swear to god. :(

I wish Hydreigon had a better role, perhaps has a villain. Look at it. A 3 headed being of destruction and they give it the role of running a shop... (I think that's his role, either way he's in the town thing).

Also Serebii said that moves can now level up. For example Thunder starts at level I and goes up to level III.
Old October 15th, 2012 (06:46 PM).
ARTPOP
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to ARTPOP
I've loved the previous mystery dungeon games. For starters, I'd want to be Tepig or Totodile.
I wished we could pick any starter from the games, though, cause I'd love to have a Woobat instead.
Old October 15th, 2012 (10:51 PM).
WarriorCat
Monotype lover!!!!!

Nature: Serious
I really want to play this, the pictures look really nice, I'm definitely going to choose either Tepig or Snivy.
Old October 16th, 2012 (06:53 AM).
Rainflower
분홍신

Nature: Lonely
Omg, so hyped to try this one! Hopefully I'll be allowed to own 3DS sooner!

currently playing: pokemon omega ruby
Old October 17th, 2012 (02:24 AM).
Mewtwo II
The Second One

I'm so hyped!
I love playing mystery dungeon, and the new features in this game makes me want to play it NOW.
Time to earn some bucks for a 3DS
But man, I wish they add more choices for starter/partner Pokemon...
Old October 17th, 2012 (01:22 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
After seeing those images in Corocoro this week, I look forward to seeing how this game turns out.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old October 18th, 2012 (09:21 AM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

I want a new PMD, but I was hoping they'd help the team mechanics a bit. The game always seemed boring when you are stuck with two pokemon all the time. Not to mention they were mostly starter pokemon or the mascots so they already had tons of face time and were over used. I prefered having a cubone in PMD1 because it was different.

I was hoping PMD 3 would have more for team building, and not a terribly timid partner always. It made the replay value of the game rather little when restarting since the characters were the same as before and they were why I love PMD2 so much.

less characters wouldn't be bad, but I still want as much or more choice. though with less characters I'd want less starters too.
Old October 18th, 2012 (09:12 PM).
Altairis
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I agree jasonwolf! I usually always played with the newish starter Pokemon like Cubone/Skitty/etc because I've played the main games millions of times and tbh I'm almost tired of the starters, plus Pikachu.

I still don't get why they would only use the Unova starters + Pikachu + Axew, because did they really think that not everybody would choose Axew? Or at least the majority? lmao. Plus Axew seems kind of random... besides for it being Iris's partner, but then where's Pansage? I'm surprised the monkeys aren't the starters. (Though I'm really glad they aren't)

Old October 20th, 2012 (11:03 AM).
jasonwolf
The Shadow Chronicler

yeah I had a thread here before where I mentioned a style where you pick your team after you get your own pokemon and its down with three rooms full of recruits. multiple pokemon but they have maybe 6 different personalities, and thusly we'd get a bunch of random options for our team. you, a kickass has to win always Charmander, a brooding cubone, and a clever trickster treeko would so be mine. Me probably playing either CHarmander and swaping that partner for a totodile, or me playing as Riolu, turtwig, or cyndaquil.

it would lead to nice character interaction, and the team being played up rather then the two mains.

Also I think the graphics are OK, but I'd prefer a bit more of a town feeling like the other games not this weird camp look. I liked the established society of pokemon. I'd also hope the inv is imporved with some way to send pokemon back with the items in the bag. this way you lose some team members, but keep more items, so its still balanced. Also recruiting is still a pain as most pokemon can't be added to your team until very late game.

Overall I will still buy it if its out in america, but the thing is I want the issues I had with PMD to be fixed so that it flows better when its not in the story.
Old October 20th, 2012 (04:10 PM).
Darlimus
Fly to the Clouds!

I was really excited when I heard news of a new PMD game, but then whenever I realized we have to scan things.. I was immediately turned off. I feel as though all of this will be terrible in the end.

As for playing as Pikachu.. I will not have that. I don't even like Pikachu.. =_=

Old October 21st, 2012 (04:44 AM).
zid_sen
The Sacred Thunder of Aselis

I just knew this from my friend! Oh my god! But why in 3DS, my money can't afford to buy a 3DS!
It just that NDS just out, now 3DS! Well, this game kind of interesting, i'm wating for this for a looong time~
But too bad that we can only play as Pikachu,Snivy,Tepig,Oshawott and Axew T_T, i want to play as Minccino or Ducklett!

Thanks to Rambagos in Pokemon Stars
For The Signature
Old October 21st, 2012 (08:47 AM).
rizoph
Mime Jr.

Nature: Mild
I wish that they would let us play as starters from other generations...

Join tsukinohito.com/temp_forum
Old October 21st, 2012 (11:52 AM).
EonNeo
Unhatched Egg

It's strange to see that Ho-oh and Lugia will be two of mains characters, because the first PMD was with Rayquaza and the second (and third) with Dialga.
But they're cool, so whatever.

"Peace can not be kept by the war. It is obtained by understanding." Gundam 00
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links