The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 7th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Nature: Calm
Sorry for my absence, i've been occupied with so many other things lately including school.

Anyways, i'll update the google document with the full story in the next few days.

Here is a question for the club:
If you could create a move exclusively for Lucario, what would you name it, what type(s) would it be, and what would it do?

(Working on a better signature + avy)

Old October 8th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I would probably make something like this:
Aura Shock
Psychic type- Special Move
Power: 70
Accuracy: 95
Description: The user generates a massive shockwave of there aura and attacks with it. This move always paralyzes the foe.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Last edited by Cosmotone8; October 16th, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
I would probably make something like this:
Aura Shock
Psychic type- Special Move
Power: 70
Accuracy: 95
Description: The user generates a massive shockwave of there aura and attacks with it. This move always paralyzes the foe.
Very cool idea, kinda supports my theory that Lucario should've been Psychic/Fighting too. xD Seems a tad over-powered but Lucario deserves a move like that ;) I'll try think of one!

Name: Radial Cannon
Type: Fighting/Special
PP: 5
Power: 70-300
Accuracy: 90%
Description: The user unleashes a huge cannon of aura at the foe dealing more damage depending on the user's health and must rest on the next turn to regain its energy.

It was inspired by Lucario's final smash move in Brawl... It reminds me of something like a Fighting type Hyper Beam, so that's what I went for in the move. I can imagine Lucario unleashing a huge beam of energy like this, and the hurt = more power thing comes from his ability to deal more damage whilst under pressure/having taken damage. When Lucario's around 5% health, the attack will have 300 power, whereas as full health the attack has 70 power, and so on for the stages in between. It really focusses on the whole aura powers and steely determination associated with Lucario which I hope sums him up pretty well as a Pokémon!
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

Name: Radial Cannon
Power: 70-300
Accuracy: 90%
Description: The user unleashes a huge cannon of aura at the foe dealing more damage depending on the user's health and must rest on the next turn to regain its energy.
I particularly like this idea for a move, mainly because I can easily see it being used by Lucario often, and even becoming his new signature move.

Aura Shock is interesting too, and it seems like a valuable move since it hits most of the time and always paralyzes. I'm not going to complain about it being overpowered, because Lucario deserves some more powerful moves.

Old October 10th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OokamiReki View Post
I'm not going to complain about it being overpowered, because Lucario deserves some more powerful moves.
This is true. Based on how powerful Lucario is shown to be and how special it supposedly is, I've always found it weird that it doesn't have a whole punch of powerful signature moves to kick butt with. It's supposed to be this hugely powerful warrior of a Pokémon with immense strength and huge powers of aura, so why doesn't it have the move pool to support this background? It just seems odd to me idk, sort of like they missed a trick here with Lucario? That's the thing that puts me off using this family when I play the games, they just don't tend to live up to the huge hype that surrounded them for so long, it's a real shame :( That's not to say they aren't good though, Lucario is a very strong Pokémon, it should just be stronger in my opinion haha. Anyone agree?
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:27 PM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
How about put SSBB's Aura Storm as an actual move, fighting type, special, 140 power, lowers Sp atk? Like Draco Meteor, but fighting type!
Old October 12th, 2012, 08:36 AM
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to rainerman3
Hello, sorry I haven't been active recently, because I was busy doing... stuff. Well anyway, here's my move:
Name: Aura Senses
Power: -
Accuracy: -
Description: The user focuses and dodges every enemy attack for 3 turns, until a move is used.

I was thinking of a protective move for Lucario and I came up with this.
Oh and this is good since then you can use items for 3 turns. So yeah.
Pokeanalysis: You are very mysterious like the ocean abyss, choosing not to give away your true intentions and feelings. People don't know much about you, as you don't strive to be the center of attention like most people. You love your close friends and would do anything to protect them and defend them. You are kind and intelligent, and very powerful. You are a lover of peace and tranquility and hate meaningless violence. This makes you like Lugia!

Last edited by rainerman3; October 12th, 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: I forgot to add this.
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:08 AM
11wildy
Me!

Although it doesn't have many competitive uses, I like the idea. But I think I would make it so that it would dodge 50% of the moves, until Lucario uses a damaging move. And then 3 turns max. Just another idea though
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

What about if for Aura Senses, his dodge rate increases depending on the amount of health he has remaining? For example, at 100% HP, he dodges 50% of the attacks, then 75% at 50% HP, then 100% at 25% HP or lower. This way it still goes along with his aura powers intensifying as his HP gets lower.

Old October 16th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Lucario9129
E=MC2. Time isn't real!

Hi! I am a big Lucario fan! I am 21 and live alone! Can I please become a member of your club? I want to be reborn as a Lucario! Lol

Email me at [email protected] to get my friend code for Y Lets battle!

Last edited by Lucario9129; October 16th, 2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Adding a few words!
Old October 16th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario9129 View Post
Hi! I am a big Lucario fan! I am 21 and live alone! Can I please become a member of your club? I want to be reborn as a Lucario! Lol
You can join once you fill out the application shown in the main post. :3

Old October 17th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Lucario9129
E=MC2. Time isn't real!

Ok!

Activeness: At least daily!
Poke'mon Partner: A Lucario named Ocean!
Why: I love Lucario!
Password: Wave-Guiding Riolu

I love the fact that I'm about to be a member of this club! Yes!

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Welcome to the club! Try to stay active, reply to all the active topics. :)

Old October 17th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Welcome to the club Lucario 9129!

Well you can:

• Answer the current topic question which is: "If you could create a move exclusively for Lucario, what would you name it, what type(s) would it be, and what would it do?"
  • Add on to the club's current story. (I have to update the Google document to keep it up-to-date because it's outdated)
  • Ask a different topic question.
  • Discuss about any other Lucario/Riolu related things.
I'm currently looking for other things this club can do for fun other than questions and discussions all the time. We used to have contests, but we haven't had any in a while. However, I don't mind starting another one if everyone in the club wants one and agrees to the kind of contest it is. (Like if it's a drawing contest, etc)

Old October 18th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Lucario9129
E=MC2. Time isn't real!

As far as moves go, I like all the previous ideas! Lol I would love the idea of a Riolu as a starter Poke'mon in the main games. Keep everything about him the same, just offer him as a starter, kind of like what they did with Pikachu at one point exept let him/her be able to evolve. Because if I'm not mistaken Pikachu in Poke'mon Yellow would turn down a Thunderstone! Anyone else like this idea?

Last edited by Lucario9129; October 18th, 2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Adding a few words!
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Quote:
As far as moves go, I like all the previous ideas! Lol I would love the idea of a Riolu as a starter Poke'mon in the main games. Keep everything about him the same, just offer him as a starter, kind of like what they did with Pikachu at one point exept let him/her be able to evolve. Because if I'm not mistaken Pikachu in Poke'mon Yellow would turn down a Thunderstone! Anyone else like this idea?

I think Riolu would be an interesting starter. He would definitely be more fun to use than your standard fire/water/grass starter type Pokemon. (In my opinion) I haven't played yellow in a long time, so I forgot most of the things about it.

Old October 19th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainerman3 View Post
Hello, sorry I haven't been active recently, because I was busy doing... stuff. Well anyway, here's my move:
Name: Aura Senses
Power: -
Accuracy: -
Description: The user focuses and dodges every enemy attack for 3 turns, until a move is used.

I was thinking of a protective move for Lucario and I came up with this. :P
Oh and this is good since then you can use items for 3 turns. So yeah.
Oh wow, this would be completely over-powered in competitive battling - I love it. xD Lucario would be propelled straight up to ubers with this move, and that's where he belongs! :D I'm not that knowledgeable about Lucario's move pool so the what I'm about to say may be false, but if he had this move he'd be able to get in three consecutive stat boosts before using Aura Senses again to give him three more, and continue like that until he's pumped up beyond even Arceus being able to kill him - that to me sounds insanely cool and very deserving of Lucario! It should be the badass of all Pokémon, it deserves to be. :D

Quote:
I want to be reborn as a Lucario!
This line fascinated me; what do you mean? :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by OokamiReki View Post
I'm currently looking for other things this club can do for fun other than questions and discussions all the time. We used to have contests, but we haven't had any in a while. However, I don't mind starting another one if everyone in the club wants one and agrees to the kind of contest it is. (Like if it's a drawing contest, etc)
Ooo, I love competitions, let's have one! :D A drawing contest could be fun, I'm getting a drawing tablet soon so it'll be cool to have a chance to try it out! Although people can't usually be bothered to enter them... xD Who here would want to enter a drawing contest? :D

Quote:
Riolu would be a very cool starter Pokémon, I love this idea :D The only problem is finding two Pokémon to be offered alongside it that wouldn't make the starters unbalanced, which is difficult to say the least haha. I think it's the perfect candidate to be a starter though since it's tough but not too tough, it's very interesting to train/use, the friendship evolution is symbolic of what a starter should be, and it's a very well-known Pokémon so lots of people will use it - in short I think it's a good idea someone go write to Nintendo. xD
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:35 AM
11wildy
Me!

how about a Fighting, Flying, Ice triangle? I would love to use him as my starter! I even thought about doing a Riolu solo run, but idk.. I love monotyping too much xD
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11wildy View Post
how about a Fighting, Flying, Ice triangle? I would love to use him as my starter! I even thought about doing a Riolu solo run, but idk.. I love monotyping too much xD
Interesting idea! Do you see Lucario as more of a Fighting type or a Steel type though? Ignoring that Riolu is mono-Fighting type, there's no reason that Lucario can't be classed as Steel for it's main type ;o Personally I'm not actually certain why Lucario has Steel typing in the first place, but I'm not complaining because it makes him 50 times more awesome paha.
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:30 AM
11wildy
Me!

I'd rather see him as a fighting/Dragon though, so he can abuse Dragon Pulse even moar!!
Old October 31st, 2012, 08:35 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Happy Halloween everyone!

As a tribute to Halloween and eating sweets, I drew this:

Spoiler:

Isn't he adorable?

Anyways, for everyone who went out to get candy, or even gave away candy, I hope you had a good Halloween! :3

By the way, i'll be working on fixing the layout for the main post. Expect slight changes, a new banner, and an updated DeviantArt page for our club.

(I was going to post this earlier, but I had to help my friend setup decorations and fill bowls with candy. I even went out to get some with a few friends. )

Last edited by Fenrir Reki; November 2nd, 2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

I didn't go trick or treating, but I did hand out candy. Tho I only gave out a single piece since we live in the main road xD
I think Lucario should be a psychic steel type tbh, it has more psychic qualities than pysical ones in my mind. It's not very often that you see Lucario actually use punches lol. More often he's finding something with aura.
Awesome pic btw, I have no drawing talent whatsoever, so I could never pull that off.

Old November 15th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmotone8 View Post
I didn't go trick or treating, but I did hand out candy. Tho I only gave out a single piece since we live in the main road xD
I think Lucario should be a psychic steel type tbh, it has more psychic qualities than pysical ones in my mind. It's not very often that you see Lucario actually use punches lol. More often he's finding something with aura.
Awesome pic btw, I have no drawing talent whatsoever, so I could never pull that off.

I agree that Lucario should be psychic, but i'm not sure about steel because I don't see him as a steel type Pokemon. A Psychic/Steel combination would be interesting though, however I always thought Fighting/Psychic would be more suitable for him because of his moves.

Thanks! Well, all you have to do is practice. Everyone has some kind of an art talent, even if you don't realize it or it may not seem like it.

Here is a new topic for the club:
If you could create a special ability that only Lucario or Riolu could learn, what would it be and why?
I'll come back to answer this question. I'll need some time to think of something good. :3

Last edited by Fenrir Reki; November 15th, 2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old November 17th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

If you could create a special ability that only Lucario or Riolu could learn, what would it be and why?
Oo, this one's a toughie... I think it'd obviously have to draw on his aura powers, but something like the 'damage = power' trait is too obvious... I've never understood why Lucario's a Steel type, so I guess I'll use its ability to get rid of that! I'd have its ability make it so that Lucario's Steel typing only counts when using moves (so STAB still counts for Steel moves, but a Fire attack would do 1x damage since it no longer has the weakness from its Steel typing). This would be a great example of how Lucario can hone its powers to change the world around him and it'd make Lucario quite a lot better in my opinion, so I think it suits him well. As for a name, it'd be called Iron Heart or something rubbish like that. :D

Sponsored Links