The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

View Poll Results: do you think there will there be a poison-type legendary?
yes 45 84.91%
no 8 15.09%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:41 PM
Dragon-T
future owner of pkmn Y

Nature: Impish
For a long time i've doubted there would be a poison type legendary.(I said that about a fire/steel,but now there's Heatran)so I could be wrong again. I've noticed that there i a legendary of every type of legendary except for poison what do you think,will there be a poison type legendary pokemon?
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:45 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Well... there's always Poison Arceus :D
I think we will see Poison legend soon. Until the 5th gen, we haven't had any pure Flying type (beside Flying Arceus) so they gave us Tornadus. I believe it will be same with Poison legend.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Cassino

I think there will be one sometime, but I doubt it will be pure Poison; I would expect something like Dark-Poison.
Why? Poison is a very realistic and conventional means of harming animals. It is worldly, basic — such things that legendaries are not.
Old September 24th, 2012, 10:45 PM
LightningAlex

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LightningAlex Send a message via Skype™ to LightningAlex
I honestly doubt there'll be a pure Poison-type legendary. I don't know why, it's just some odd feeling xD Maybe there will be a legendary who's second type is Poison... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Any spriter interested in having their Fakemon appear in a fan game? Or designing fake Mega Evolutions? Shoot me a PM
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I think there might be, but most legendaries are psychic and would outmatch it and poison types are not that good anyway so it would not be a very good poke.

"By force of will!"
Old September 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
A Poison legendary Pokemon other than Toxic Plate Arceus does seem like a cool concept (it might play some sort of "antagonistic/anti-hero" role like Giratina did). Like LightningAlex said, if there ever was a Poison legendary, I doubt it will be pure Poison.

Old September 26th, 2012, 03:57 PM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
A Poison-type legendary would be pretty cool. Not sure what its design would be, though. Either way, I'd like to see one and I see very little reason not to include one anyway.
Old September 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

Nature: Quirky
Yeah it'd be kinda hard to incorporate into the storyline (if they needed to). But I'd definitely love to see a poison type legendary. The design concepts are endlesssss.
Old September 26th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Pokemon_Geek
Togepi

Yes. Poison is one of my favorite types and GameFreak seems to hate them. I'm glad they gave bug a much needed boost even though it's never been my favorite type, but felt poison needed it way more. They're supposed to be a defense type, but get the worst weakness in ground(its psychic weakness makes sense because of their "healing" aspects) and most get weak stats that keep them from using their support moves; and why does every pokemon get to learn Toxic? It should be restricted to poison types and a select few non-poison types(like Umbreon whose dex says it can spray poison).

Real gamers play for fun.
Old September 26th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

I believe there will be a poison legendary, due to the only fact Poison Arceus is the only one. Even then it isn't always a poison type because you need to make it hold a certain plate. I'm thinking the new Poison legendary will be some huge creature with toxic fog spewing out of its gaping mouth or something like that. Or it could be a huge snake, hissing and showing its sharp fangs. It could be anything, there bound to make a Poison legendary sooner or later...
. :p
Old September 30th, 2012, 02:19 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
A theme for legendaries that I have explored in my fakemon project, is nature and pollution.

There would be mascot legendaries representing the life force/biology (Grass/Steel) and the electromegnetic and gravitational force (Electric/Ground), in the Groudon/Kyogre league.

There would be a greenpeace-like villainous team by the name Team Gaia, initially merely wanting to control these aspects of nature, but later going to the extreme of wanting to destroy the planet so it can renew.

The third one would be a Poison/Rock legendary of destruction and pollution as powerful as Rayquaza, which when awakened would cause havoc. Meaning in the third version/sequels you would have to team up with your rival, each catching one of the nature legends, and confront this thing in a 2vs1 battle
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/a...orme-182215936

My point is, if I can come up with an interesting set of legendaries that involves a Poison type, then gamefreak can.

And of course a Poison legendary might also simply show up in a regular trio if it was fitting.
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Hamako-chan
Our unbreakable bond...

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Hamako-chan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hamako-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Hamako-chan
They made a Bug Type Legendary, I'm 100% sure they will make a Poison Type Legendary... within the next 10 years

White FC: 2881 2384 3038
Platinum FC: 4082 4798 2423
Old October 2nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
soulavenger
A Keen Observer

Maybe, just for the sake of it, but I agree with all that it would not be a pure poison type.

Old October 2nd, 2012, 04:55 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Poison types are severely underrated.

Their battle prowess as a type is probably one of the worse in the 17 types. Poison attacks are usually reliant on their ability to deter the opponent through Status and stat reductions.

If they wanted to make a Poison Legend, they'd have to give Poison Types a considerable boost in the next Generation. Newer attacks and maybe a few new Abilities that tie into Poison types. Just to put emphasis on the growth.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Like many others here, I think if we were to have one it would need to be a dual type, or the type to boosted next gen like XanderO said. Pure Poison Pokemon have a small movepool of STAB moves, with only a few worthy for a
Legendary. Poisons average stats aren't that great either.

chart poison by

And they don't have very good resistances either. But, if they could introduce a few new nifty abilities for poison types as well as some new moves, it would be cool to see a Legendary with Poison as its primary type. Its design could be really cool as there are lots of options for poison. It could be a experiment gone wrong or it could be a big snake or frog or something along the lines of something venomous.

Tl;dr, I'd like to see the Poison type given a boost next gen and a Poison/Dark speed orientated legendary.
Old October 16th, 2012, 06:06 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I agree. Poison types can be really strong, especially since they're great defensively.

I do think there will be a poison type legendary eventually. I don't see why not - they could make a legendary based off some sort of legendary assassin (like a famous ninja) and it having a second poison typing would make perfect sense. I could also see some sort of radioactive-based poison/fire legendary happening. It just seems like something gamefreak might do.

However, a pure poison type probably won't happen.
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Poison-types are my faves. I think they're really adorbs, plus they're really strong. I'm not entirely sure that there will be a poison-type legend soon, but I hope they'll come up with a legend that's pure poison. I'm praying.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old October 16th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

I don't see why there wouldn't be. It would certainly make Roxie happy, ha ha!

I don't know if we'll see a pure Poison-type legendary any time soon but there are lots of different things a dual-typed Poison legendary could draw inspiration from.
Old October 16th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post

Their battle prowess as a type is probably one of the worse in the 17 types. Poison attacks are usually reliant on their ability to deter the opponent through Status and stat reductions.

If they wanted to make a Poison Legend, they'd have to give Poison Types a considerable boost in the next Generation. Newer attacks and maybe a few new Abilities that tie into Poison types. Just to put emphasis on the growth.
I agree with Xander's post here. They should give a new twist to Poison-types should they make a Poison Legendary.

The Poison-type's offensive capabilities are shallow since it is only super-effective against Grass, but they have good defensive skills, like being resistant to the common Fighting-type. Also, the strategy with Poison-types is to inflict the Poison status condition.

If they do make a Poison Legendary, they should give it a helpful ability. According to TV Tropes, Poison-type Pokemon are often considered the "butt monkey" of all 17 types so if the next generation does an improvement to Poison-types it should give them more love.
Old October 16th, 2012, 08:24 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Poison Type is a lot better than it used to be, but still is weaker than most other types. They do need to give this Poison Legendary a signature attack that's really powerful, like they have with others. But I think it's necessary, as the type is so often overlooked due to how lame many of its Pokemon are. Maybe not a boxart legendary, but a legendary no less...
Old October 16th, 2012, 09:52 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
I aways thought Gunk Shot was a signature move of the Poison Type.

I definitely think the developers of Pokemon should look into this, since there's an expanse of possibilites and choices since there's really been no Poison Type legendary; which in a way is a shame.
Old October 17th, 2012, 09:50 AM
MiTjA
Poké-atheist

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiTjA
Like with many other similar topics...

this is simply not the way gamefreak approaches things.
What I mean is, if there will be a Poison legendary in the future, it won't be because they wanted a legendary to be Poison so badly, but because they came up with a legendary whose concept can easily result in making it a Poison type.

So, there is nothing preventing it, they are not deliberately avoiding it, they just haven't made any legendaries yet for which Poison would be the obvious fitting choice.
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:42 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Poison is inherently a bad typing, if a legendary was created it needs to have some special ability (some kind of poisoning ability?) or secondary typing with strong moves to make up for it.

Old October 18th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdrule View Post
Poison is inherently a bad typing, if a legendary was created it needs to have some special ability (some kind of poisoning ability?) or secondary typing with strong moves to make up for it.
Ability Toxic Glare! You enter the battle with the Poison Legendary and you will be instantly badly poisoned...
I can see that! That would be totally awesome!
Pack that legendary with uber defense stats and we have new Umbreon.
Now I would love to see that!

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Haunted Cupcake
Soul Resonance Technician

Nature: Adamant
I would love to see a poison type legendary pocket monster. also a pure ghost legendary would be nice. i like Giratina but he look like a man....[ms.swan reference].imho darkrai should have been a ghost type he does look like an undead after all.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links