The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:00 PM
TheOrangePichu
Currently working on new hack

Nature: Jolly
I think I worded it wrong and I really need an answer. Is there a way to change the Y coordinate where you start out in Pokemon Fire Red? It is always at 06 and I wish to make it something else (SMCA does not edit the Y coordinate by the way.

Old October 16th, 2012, 04:41 PM
FirEmerald
Pokemon reverse engineer

Ok, I know this is probably not a response to any question, but I have an as-far-as-I-know complete LZ77 compressed data offset list that I made that could help some people looking for answers. would it be O.K. if I posted it here?
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:56 PM
sab
Now too much of a life.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirEmerald View Post
Ok, I know this is probably not a response to any question, but I have an as-far-as-I-know complete LZ77 compressed data offset list that I made that could help some people looking for answers. would it be O.K. if I posted it here?
First, which game is it for, and what is the language? Second, I think it would probably be best suited to this thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196265
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:11 AM
LugiaMZ

Hi everyone, I having two question to ask hope have everyone can answer me.

First question, I want to make a script for example player battle with a Mew, after battle and check player have catched Mew or not, if uncatched going to rebattle or etc. How to scripting it? Can everyone give me an example script and explain for me? I played Pokemon Ash Gray battle with Bulbasaur's it used this script, and I need it too. ><

Another question, how to make a uncatchable Pokemon?

Thanks.
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:12 AM
poisonhearts628
Unhatched Egg

Yeah, I checked out everything in the OW editor and everything checked out so I went back to a previous version and everything works the way it is supposed to now with one exception. My character's sprite is spot on color wise in NSE but when I load up my game the character is really bright. How do I fix this?
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:00 PM
FirEmerald
Pokemon reverse engineer

I already had it on that thread, yes it's for emerald, and I was just asking because some people might not look there or in other places before here.
Old October 17th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirEmerald View Post
I already had it on that thread, yes it's for emerald, and I was just asking because some people might not look there or in other places before here.
Na, there's really no point. If it's already on the Pokecommunity somewhere then there's no reason to post it again.
Old October 17th, 2012, 05:49 PM
PunsAreFun
Unhatched Egg

For example, lets say I have a cave in Pewter City that warps to the Rock Tunnel map. Now if I look at the Pokedex area map it'll tell me they're in Rock Tunnel when really you get there from Pewter (obviously). So I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way for me to tell the Pokedex where a Pokemon is without it really being there? And vise versa?
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:43 AM
borisjo
Scripter (XSE, pokescript)

I have a question about levelscripts. I've been searching but I can't seem to find an answer , my question is: do levelscripts work if you get back to the map after a wild pokemon battle? Some sort of a safari type, when you catch a pokemon, the script detects it with special2 command and you get warped out of there. Can levelscripts work after a battle and if they can, how do I make it to work? Thanks in advance!
Old October 18th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunsAreFun View Post
For example, lets say I have a cave in Pewter City that warps to the Rock Tunnel map. Now if I look at the Pokedex area map it'll tell me they're in Rock Tunnel when really you get there from Pewter (obviously). So I guess what I'm asking is, is there a way for me to tell the Pokedex where a Pokemon is without it really being there? And vise versa?
There isn't yet, but I'm working on this very thing for roaming legendaries. If I work it out, I'll post something in R&D, so keep an eye on R&D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisjo View Post
I have a question about levelscripts. I've been searching but I can't seem to find an answer , my question is: do levelscripts work if you get back to the map after a wild pokemon battle? Some sort of a safari type, when you catch a pokemon, the script detects it with special2 command and you get warped out of there. Can levelscripts work after a battle and if they can, how do I make it to work? Thanks in advance!
Level script type 5 triggers every time you refresh the OW screen (with, perhaps the exception of special 0x8E). There isn't one which only triggers after battle, but if you write your script well, that won't matter too much.
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:25 PM
borisjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Level script type 5 triggers every time you refresh the OW screen (with, perhaps the exception of special 0x8E). There isn't one which only triggers after battle, but if you write your script well, that won't matter too much.
Thank you for replying! But I have no idea how to make this levelscript type 5 to work, I've tried many things but the screen stays black when I come back to the map after a battle. I hope you know how I can solve this? I have added the script here:

Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x3C9E86

#org @start
setvar 0x7001 0x1
setvar 0x8004 0xEC
special2 0x800D 0x17C
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @have
setvar 0x8004 0xCC
special2 0x800D 0x17C
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @have
setvar 0x8004 0xD7
special2 0x800D 0x17C
compare 0x800D 0x1
if 0x1 goto @have
release
end

#org @have
lock
msgbox @1 0x2
fadescreen 0x1
fadescreen 0x0
warp 0x0 0x05 0xFF 0x1A 0x0E
applymovement 0xFF @move

#org @1
= Attention! We have our\nlast member: \vh01!

#org @move
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisjo View Post
Thank you for replying! But I have no idea how to make this levelscript type 5 to work, I've tried many things but the screen stays black when I come back to the map after a battle. I hope you know how I can solve this? I have added the script here:

Script removed for brevity.
You can't execute scripts like that using type 5 level scripts. It explicity requires type 2, which in turn, is variable reliant.

Try setting a variable you haven't used inside the type 5 script:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @main
[Checks for caught Pokémon]
[If not caught, branch to @alt]
setvar 0x40F0 0x1
end

#org @alt
end

And then putting the "exit" script in the type 2 level script slot, using (in my example) var 0x40F0 as the control value, and set the "value" to 1.

Your script requires some modification, because you can't warp and then continue execution of the script, so it needs split up into 2 parts.

Type 2 level script (Map 1, same map as type 5 script from above):
Spoiler:
lock
msgbox @1 0x2
waitstate
setvar 0x40F0 0x2
release
end

#org @1

Finally, you need to (in the map you warp back to) add yet another type 2 level script which contains the remaining movement part. The var is still 0x40F0, but the value is now 2:
Spoiler:
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x40F0 0x3
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

I know for a fact that the last 2 parts will work, but I'm not sure about the type 5 level script part. It's worth a try. If it doesn't work, you're looking at ASM hacking to get your desired result, and that's not fun.
Old October 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
borisjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
You can't execute scripts like that using type 5 level scripts. It explicity requires type 2, which in turn, is variable reliant.

Try setting a variable you haven't used inside the type 5 script:
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @main
[Checks for caught Pokémon]
[If not caught, branch to @alt]
setvar 0x40F0 0x1
end

#org @alt
end

And then putting the "exit" script in the type 2 level script slot, using (in my example) var 0x40F0 as the control value, and set the "value" to 1.

Your script requires some modification, because you can't warp and then continue execution of the script, so it needs split up into 2 parts.

Type 2 level script (Map 1, same map as type 5 script from above):
Spoiler:
lock
msgbox @1 0x2
waitstate
setvar 0x40F0 0x2
release
end

#org @1

Finally, you need to (in the map you warp back to) add yet another type 2 level script which contains the remaining movement part. The var is still 0x40F0, but the value is now 2:
Spoiler:
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x40F0 0x3
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

I know for a fact that the last 2 parts will work, but I'm not sure about the type 5 level script part. It's worth a try. If it doesn't work, you're looking at ASM hacking to get your desired result, and that's not fun.
It's been a while since I scripted XSE so I need to get back into it also I'm dutch and learning a scripting language in English is not the easiest for me so I hope you can explain some more about this.

I understand I need to make 3 scripts, 1 type 5 levelscript that detects that I caught(or that I didn't caught) a specific pokemon.
1 type 2 levelscript that warps me to a certain point and 1 typ2 levelscript that makes me move.
But I don't quite understand how these scripts follow up to each other.
I can't follow the 0x40F0 part, when it's set to 1 does the next script sees it because it is going to set the variable to value 2? Sorry if my grammar isn't good, I'm trying my best!

I hope you will take time to explain this to me, again thanks in advance!
Old October 18th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

I have a question. Hope someone can answer

My question is this: How can I make the "BF1" titles go away in Pokemon Fire Red? What I mean is, in the Team Rocket hideout, when you go from place to place, the map title that pops up every time you go into a new map is something like "ROCKET HIDEOUT" but then there is another string of text that says "BF1" or "BF2", which stands for bottom floor. How would I go about getting rid of these strings of text?

Thank you for your time in advanced.
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:14 PM
PunsAreFun
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
I have a question. Hope someone can answer

My question is this: How can I make the "BF1" titles go away in Pokemon Fire Red? What I mean is, in the Team Rocket hideout, when you go from place to place, the map title that pops up every time you go into a new map is something like "ROCKET HIDEOUT" but then there is another string of text that says "BF1" or "BF2", which stands for bottom floor. How would I go about getting rid of these strings of text?

In the Advnace Map Header go to "Show Name on Entering" and change it to 02??
That should do the trick.

I wrote a level script that will show certain sprites if certain flags are set. The first time I visited it set the sprites correctly. But now when I go back there, nothing shows up! Why is that? Is there a way to write a level script to make sprites appear/disappear every time you enter?

Last edited by PunsAreFun; October 18th, 2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:
In the Advnace Map Header go to "Show Name on Entering" and change it to 02??
That should do the trick.

I wrote a level script that will show certain sprites if certain flags are set. The first time I visited it set the sprites correctly. But now when I go back there, nothing shows up! Why is that? Is there a way to write a level script to make sprites appear/disappear every time you enter?
What is the level script set to? 02 Validates Values, or what?
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:41 PM
PunsAreFun
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
What is the level script set to? 02 Validates Values, or what?
My double post was combined. The level script was a separate question that I was asking. What you need to set to 02?? is in the header tab under "show name on entering".
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:
My double post was combined. The level script was a separate question that I was asking. What you need to set to 02?? is in the header tab under "show name on entering".
Yes, I know, and it worked. Thanks for that by the way. But I was asking what you set your level script to.
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:04 PM
PunsAreFun
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Yes, I know, and it worked. Thanks for that by the way. But I was asking what you set your level script to.
Oh, my bad. I had it set to 2.
Old October 18th, 2012, 05:55 PM
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
I have a question. Hope someone can answer :)

I know PunsAreFun answered your question, but from the sounds of this post it seemed like you wanted to retain the 'ROCKET HIDEOUT' text but get rid of the B1F part. Its an easy thing to do, but I'm also going to explain how (both types of) the floor numbers are activated in case you or anybody else ever needs to edit them/ add them back in :P

The floor number is determined by the third and second last bytes in the map header - The map header can be viewed by going into the header tab of Advance Map and pressing Ctrl+H. Here is a comparison of the main Celadon City map, the first floor of the Department Store and the first floor of the Rocket Hideout respectively.

The bytes in the red and blue boxes are the ones we're interested in (though more-so the red one). The blue boxes are highlighting a feature that is already present in the header setting - It is actually the 'Show name on entering' option which is available in the default header tab. I'm just highlighting it here since it needs to be set to 4, 5, 6 or 7 in order for the drop down box to be displayed.

The game determines whether it should designate a floor number to the map based on the second byte. If you're climbing a tower the byte ascends in a pretty logical fashion: 0x1 = 1F, 0x2 = 2F, 0x3 = 3F etc, all the way up to 0x63 (99F) because the game can't display a third digit pushing it over into the 100's.

The basement floors have another system entirely which is slightly less apparent. They begin at 0xFF and start to descend, making the pattern: 0xFF = B1F, 0xFE = B2F, 0xFD = B3F etc. Essentially, the basement floor numbering is exactly the same as regular flooring, except in reverse. It also stops at 0x9D (B99F) because once again the display would require an extra character to be displayed, causing it to glitch slightly.

With this information there are two options which are now open to you: Remove the map name display entirely (by changing whether it should be displayed or not) or just get rid of the numbering. Since you want the latter, just change the byte in the red box to 00 and those pesky floor numbers should never trouble you on that map again :D

Quote:
The 02 type of level script will only activate when the chosen variable is set to a chosen value (What you've put into the Flag and Value boxes), but simultaneously the variable's value needs to be changed within the script to prevent it from repeating forever. Essentially this means that the script will only be played once upon entering the map but the variable's value will need to be reset in order for it to activate a second time when you enter again. Its very finicky and awkward to have a type 02 script activate every time you enter a map, especially if the player can fly to that exact map.

If you want a script that plays every time, you can use level script numbers 03, 05 and 07, whose descriptions are shown in A-Map. They don't need a variable/ value combination to be activated and checkflag commands should work so they're great for the kind of thing you're talking about. Hopefully this helps.
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:55 AM
RanQrusu
Unhatched Egg

Hi everbody!

I didn't really know where to post my question, so i decided to post it here and hope it isn't too long.

I am currently working on a Pokemon Emerald Hack and since i'm not all that experienced, i need your help with the program "Advance Trainer".
I started off with the tool "Advance Starter" and changed the starters to Meowth, Snubbull and Whismur.
Now i'm trying to change the Rivals Starter-Pokemon directly in "Advance Trainer" to Mankey, Tyrogue and Makuhita. I first of all gave all a new offset cause of the custom moveset and item. It always works for the first Pokemon i change, but as soon as i change the second, the first one gets either reset or gets really strange movesets and items.

An example would be: I change the Rival with the Mudkip as Starter and give him a Tyrogue, i give it the moves "Fake Out" and "Tackle". Now, if i go and change the Rival with the Torchic to a Mankey, the Tyrogues Moveset changes to stuff like "Pay Day". If i go change it back, the Mankey gets reset and there's a Torchic again.

I guess it has to do with some sort of link those trainer files have to each other, does someone know how i can fix this?

Too, i'd really love to implement my own music, would be grateful if you can link me the most easy-to-understand guide in this forum!

Best regards and sorry for my bad English, i'm a foreigner.
RanQrusu

Last edited by RanQrusu; October 19th, 2012 at 04:16 AM.
Old October 19th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Krika
Unhatched Egg

When I try and load my Emerald ROM in A-Trainer, I get an error message saying "Subscript is out of range - DrawTile8@ModLZ77", and then I can't proceed any farther? This is the first time that this has happened when I've used it, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It isn't just my modified ROM, a clean one gets the same message.

Also, the Bug.txt file gets this printed out into it: "20121016|224113|6.1.7601|0.9.1|DrawTile8|9|modLZ77|Subscript out of range|4" if that helps identify the problem.

This is kinda a big deal, so if someone could help me fix this, I'd really appreciate it.
Old October 19th, 2012, 10:36 AM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

How do you change the cry in the fire red title screen (when you press start)
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman64 View Post
How do you change the cry in the fire red title screen (when you press start)
Use a little somethin' called Title Screen Cry Changer:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7n5uje5bh3nh946
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:22 PM
awipe1

Is there a way to create new routes in advanced map?
I have routes 1-25 but when I create a new map and give it a new route, it will just change the name of the map that I originally used.
Can someone give me very detailed instructions on how to create a new route. Please and thank you.

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links