The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How long should the first beta be?
1 Gym 3 10.34%
2 Gym 26 89.66%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:10 AM
xiaoqiao143
Unhatched Egg

Advertise here
do you happen to put vulpix on this hack??
cause i really like to see and to capture vulpix in this hack
Old October 19th, 2012, 07:28 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
Maybe you can re-do this hack's storyline to make it popular?
Old December 27th, 2012, 11:53 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
*updated story and FAQs*

I know I pretty much let this hack die, but I was veeeery busy the first semester of school. I decided to continue thinking about this hack, and I'll see what I can do to at least complete a Beta. I know I keep saying this, and I'm not promising anything, but I want to return to this hobby. And, I'll probably release a map-beta soon, if nothing else.

I want to make a hack of significant quality. Some hacks have great graphics, but mediocre story. Some have great, deep story, but a mediocre look and feel that turns people off. I want to make a hack that balances both. I feel like I can write a good story and be artistic enough to make this hack beautiful in my own style. The graphics won't be top-notch or anything special, but I think you'll come to love them in their simplicity.

I think hacking has come to a bad stage, and maybe Crimson can help usher it into a new era of quality and not just doing it for kicks of the maker, but to bring something to the players as well, and leave them speechless and wanting more.

EDIT: I actually just finished mapping Route 3 and the beginning of Route 4. I'm thinking of naming the routes and not just giving them numbers... such as "Seaside Beach" etc. except a better name than that xD

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||

Last edited by teejermiester; December 27th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old December 28th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejermiester View Post
*updated story and FAQs*

I know I pretty much let this hack die, but I was veeeery busy the first semester of school. I decided to continue thinking about this hack, and I'll see what I can do to at least complete a Beta. I know I keep saying this, and I'm not promising anything, but I want to return to this hobby. And, I'll probably release a map-beta soon, if nothing else.

I want to make a hack of significant quality. Some hacks have great graphics, but mediocre story. Some have great, deep story, but a mediocre look and feel that turns people off. I want to make a hack that balances both. I feel like I can write a good story and be artistic enough to make this hack beautiful in my own style. The graphics won't be top-notch or anything special, but I think you'll come to love them in their simplicity.

I think hacking has come to a bad stage, and maybe Crimson can help usher it into a new era of quality and not just doing it for kicks of the maker, but to bring something to the players as well, and leave them speechless and wanting more.
Bravo It is good that you came back. I could make you a new userbar if you want.
Old December 28th, 2012, 03:01 AM
spelspelen
a.k.a. Dylanimus

This hack looks promising
Only some mapping errors, but the tiles look nice!
My YouTube Channel.

I support:
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:11 AM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkish Purple View Post
Bravo It is good that you came back. I could make you a new userbar if you want.
Haha, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by spelspelen View Post
This hack looks promising
Only some mapping errors, but the tiles look nice!
WOAHWOAHWOAHWOAH there are some tile errors? Could you point these out to me, because I know where they are in my hack and there shouldn't be any in these screenshots...

Old January 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

I finally got some work done on the VienGonlo Language. Here's a pic of the runes:

Notes:
- Roots are used to form words. For example, the Roots for Ocean and Sky together form Rain.
- Roots (Like Vien) are formed by two or three runes. (Golo means person/people if you were clever enough to figure out that Viengonlo itself is a derivative of the language)
- You learn roots throughout the game, allowing you to solve puzzles and get more in-depth story. Fancy items will often be unlocked by solving these puzzles.
- The Viengonlo number system is base 11. this means that instead of resetting and going up when it reaches 10, it resets when it hits eleven, This means that you will have to convert numbers into standard from Viengonlo. I use the & symbol to represent the new number that we don't have a word or symbol for.
- When you reach 100 (actually 121 in standard) you just write a 1 followed by a zero. When you hit 110 (132) you write it with a 1 followed by a 10 in the second rune.

UPDATE: I finished the Ruins Theme for Crimson. You can find it at http://www.filexoom.com/showfile-321...theme_midi.mid. I composed it myself in around 3 hours. Enjoy!

EDIT: I fixed the broken link. Enjoy!

EDITEDIT: NNNNEver mind.

Last edited by teejermiester; January 5th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:05 AM
Al3X
Pokemon Fan

Nature: Relaxed
This hack looks awesome and everything about it is awesome!

Old April 21st, 2013, 07:20 PM
heyo
HEYO!

Nature: Timid
I hope that this hack is still being worked on (it appears as though nobody's commented since January) because it looks good. I'd also be interested in trying a puzzle with the VienGolo language, as well as hearing some of the music.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Actually... My laptop died and Crimson died along with it. Good news - im getting a new computer within the week and a Crimson reboot may be in the making. We'll see But, for now, I have no idea.

Old April 22nd, 2013, 02:11 PM
giradialkia
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to giradialkia
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyo View Post
I hope that this hack is still being worked on (it appears as though nobody's commented since January) because it looks good. I'd also be interested in trying a puzzle with the VienGolo language, as well as hearing some of the music. :)
I'm afraid the fact that this thread hasn't been posted in since January means that your post revived it, which is against the rules. Be sure to check the rule threads in any forum to see if a revival limit is in place!

teejermiester, if you have an update to post, just contact either DrFuji or myself to have this thread reopened. In the meantime, it will remain closed.

This one's called 'Red', and it's actually kinda Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here