The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: Fave B/W Unova Gym Leader?
Cilan 8 20.51%
Chili 5 12.82%
Cress 7 17.95%
Lenora 2 5.13%
Burgh 1 2.56%
Elesa 18 46.15%
Clay 4 10.26%
Skyla 13 33.33%
Brycen 2 5.13%
Drayden 2 5.13%
Iris 9 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Nature: Quirky
I haven't seen a thread like this since a long time ago, so I'll remake it.

Simply, the point of this thread is - Who is your fave Unova Gym Leader in Black & White?

Vote in the poll above and give reasons when posting.
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old October 4th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Minato Arisato
Memento mori...

Nature: Quiet
My favorite used to be Iris because I thought she looked silly with that hair, but then I saw her artwork for BW2. Being a champion affects your choice in wardrobe, it seems...

So, I stuck to Cress because he annoyed me the least.
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Zupplu
Hey Listen! ~Navi

Send a message via Skype™ to Zupplu
I picked Skyla and Elesa because they both dress great and look really cute :3 I although thought their teams were very interesting to battle as well. Flying and Electric types have always been among my favourites too!

E M M E R Y N
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Scruffington
Unhatched Egg

Elesa. She has Emolga, which is my favorite Pokemon in the game. :'D
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:24 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Cilan and Iris are 2 of my faves because they currently are traveling with Ash in the anime. But my top favorite is Elesa because of her beauty.

Old October 5th, 2012, 06:26 PM
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
I liked Cilan, Chili, Lenora and Iris.

-Cilan was cool because I liked him from the anime, so...
-Chili was cool because of his hair/personality
-I really liked Lenora because I found her to be a really big challenge the first time I played White. Plus I really like her design, (can't beat turquoise hair!) her gym, and her overall attitude
-I really liked Iris she was so young, and I loved her interactions with Bianca. XD
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:01 PM
rizoph
Mime Jr.

Nature: Mild
I like skyla, because I've always dreamed of flying.

Join tsukinohito.com/temp_forum
Old October 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
Honestly? I didn't really warm to any of the gym leaders in Unova, but I picked Cilan as my favourite 'cause he stood out the most for me.

Old October 15th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

My faves are Skyla, Elesa, Iris and the Striaton Trio.

I solely voted for them cos I loved their designs, particularly Skyla, Elesa and Iris. I loved their hairstyles.
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old October 15th, 2012, 08:35 AM
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
I like the three at the start, especially Cilan, he's very over the top in the Anime which is what I love to see

I like Burgh cuz he's an outdoor artist which I love. But his name is kind of ridicules though

Elesa, mainly due to the design and the town she's in

And Iris mainly cuz she has an Emoga, Excadrill, and Axew in the Anime. And look at that crazy hair. O.o

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old October 15th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Jamais
«c'est presque temps»

I preferred Elesa the most out of the Unova Gym Leaders, as she almost beat me when I faced her. I find that all my favorite Gym Leaders have been because they put up a tough fight, and not really because of their design, type or Pokemon team.

Old October 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
I like Burgh for a reason. He has a Leavanny.

He's also a bug-type leader which is also why I like him the best. :D Even though grass-types are my top favorites, bug-type trainers seem to work very hard to become the best. :)
Old October 15th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Batel
A nothing.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Batel
Skyla with her stylish Swanna is my favourite Unova Gym Leader.

She's cheerful, peppy... And her color scheme is blue and red! Not to mention that she owns her own plane. All too awesome, really.
Old October 15th, 2012, 02:06 PM
AzaleaLightning
Bouncer, hey bouncer ♪

Nature: Sassy
I'm going to have to say Elesa, but something about her just really bothers me too. Just can't put my finger on it.

Really though I'm only voting for her because of her gym in BW2, if that even counts towards this uwu

Tumblr | MyAnimeList
Ooh, let me in right now
or I'll get physical with you

Old October 17th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
I went for all three Striaton triplets since they interested me the most. Wasn't a fan of any of the other leaders' designs. D: Elesa was all right but not as pretty as she was in B/W2, though if I had to pick a 2nd favorite (since the triplets are all tied for 1st place), I'd probably go with Skyla or Brycen. The former because she has a cute design and the latter because I liked his career as a movie star, though he didn't make that good of an impression in B/W.

pair | family | irl pair | lovelies
club 1 club 2 club 3 club 4
Old October 17th, 2012, 07:27 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I'm going to pay no attention to the anime for this, as this is asking us who are favourite gym leaders are game-wise.

I'm apathetic towards the triplets; although they were a really interesting idea, none of them have a really distinct personality.
Lenora is good, especially considering her toughness. Same goes for Burgh, although they could have done so much more with them.
Elesa owning Bianca's dad was awesome, and she has a unique, though appealing design, and can be a challenging boss because of her Emongas.
Clay has a very unique, although irritable, personality, and that produced a couple of interesting moments. Unfortunately, like Burgh, they didn't do enough with him.
Skyla is okay. I really don't find her that appealing anywhere, but there's nothing to dislike about her, either. Except that last time I played through White, I absolutely annihilated her.
Brycen... well I really like his badass sensei persona, the man of few words who can say so much. I really seem to think he stands out as a unique leader.
Iris is really fun in the game, especially her dialogue about being Bianca's bodyguard and her peppiness.
Drayden... idk.

So, I guess that means Elesa, Brycen, and Iris for me.
Old October 17th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Ikuto
Unhatched Egg

I really liked Elesa in BW because her gym was pretty fun. I mean, roller coasters and a battle is just awesome! I did have a problem with her Emolga constantly Volt Switching over and over again -.-

I do like how she is a model though. It gives a bit of depth into the Gym Leaders' life.
Old October 18th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Rivvon
they see me ridin'~they hatin'

The Striaton Trio! They work in what is essentially a butler cafe. They're great! I love their designs and dialog. I wish we got to see more of them in BW! Of the three, Chili is my favorite because he acts very silly and outlandish, which is perfectly fitting for his predominant type.
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Syltti
Lilligant's Loving Trainer

Nature: Calm
Elesa, Skyla, and Iris. Elesa because she set Bianca's father straight. Skyla because her outfit is cute. Iris.. cause she's a White-exclusive Gym Leader. xD

FC - 4012-4737-6781
Y Battle Record: [0 Win(s) - 1 Loss(es) - 0 Tie(s)] - Latest Battle Video: N/A
"Ryana.. She's a Necromancer. Hers, however, uses a very peculiar system and grants her amazing abilities that no other necromancer has managed to replicate. Necromancers can control zombies, skeletons, and ghasts; Ryana specializes in zombies, but has a secondary handle on skeletons. People see Necromancers as horrible abominations. Ryana is nothing of the sort. It would take less than a day for anyone to realize that."

Fuyou Ayame - Elven Alchemist. Loving Mother. Royal Guardian.
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I liked Elesa because she seemed the biggest challenge, on a relative basis. Those Emolga were damn hard to kill and caused my team a big stress. A good battle is what I value most in any Gym Leader, and while this normally means that the later Leaders are my favourite, Elesa definitely filled that role for me in BW.
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:00 AM
The Sly Fox

I like Skyla the best because I like her design and she has flying types and I love flying types so yeah.

Old October 21st, 2012, 11:06 AM
Galukxy
→Not someday.Today is the day.

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy
Elesa, just because she's my favourite and she felt like the most challenging one out of all of them, in my opinion. I also love electric types.

DA||MAL || Portfolio

Old October 21st, 2012, 11:51 AM
Zanekin
Bidoof is best pokémon

Nature: Brave
I like Clay, i'm not sure why. Possibly his country style or just how he seems like a good guy.
Old October 21st, 2012, 05:16 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!

I adore Cilan, even if he does look like a zombie in the games <3 I love all of the Striaton Trio since they look so smart and perky and offer a very interesting battle with the way they choose who you'll fight, so they're definitely my favourite gym overall - it's just a matter of choosing which leader is the best! Chili is great and very cute but he's a bit... quirky, for me, so he's certainly not number one. Then there's Cress who's all calm and cool, but I just can't get over how ridiculous Panpour is so I dislike him for that reason alone. Therefore, Cilan must be our winner! He's a very interesting trainer with a great choice of Pokémon (despite only having two!) and I can relate to his Grass type training decision, so he's certainly my favourite gym leader in Unova.
Old October 21st, 2012, 05:41 PM
EmeraldSerenade
h a n a m i

Nature: Naughty
I always like facing Skyla, she's so cuteeeeeeeeee. Flying pkmn are a plus as well..
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links