The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2012, 06:15 AM
何贤豪

Advertise here
Hello! I'd like to join...and add a userbar for the club! Here is how it'd look like:

I know, it isn't great, nor is it good, but at least it's decent.
Now, for me to join, this is necessary...
Name: Rainy Garden of Fire
Your Trainer Sprite: Lance
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Dialga and Charizard
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer? It's all in favor of their strength, which is probably a stereotype for dragons, even non-Pokemon ones. And in favor of their design.

Now, I'll answer most of the topics shown in the first post...

What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why?

Dialga! PMD2 made me like it, that's for sure. And it's all in favor of its design. A dragon with steel on the outside...isn't that cool? Its Primal self is cool as well. It's a lot darker...with some red placed into it. Will that even be a Forme? No. But there is an issue for it. It has a pretty bad signature move in Roar of Time. It's like Hyper Beam and its partners -- after it's used, the user must rest. It should get something else...maybe a status signature move for a different run?

What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again?

I'm not going to say "taking it all with joy", nor would I say "taking it all with the madness of hell that I can't take anymore"...It's a neutral thing for me. But still, Dragon-type Champions, the issue...is that the Dragon-type resists the starter types. And that can be a real bummer for those who have super faith in their starters and use them more often than any other.

What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well?

The Dragon's Den is pretty much a two-in-two-out kind of place. There's only two times where getting in there means something -- where you rush out to get the Rising Badge from Clair...and when you battle against Lance and Clair with your rival. Afterwards, you feel as if it's just filler data. If something would be done to make it better...it would be to make the Lance & Clair VS Player & Rival battle happen more than once. That would be for me.

How often do you use Dragon-type Pokemon in battle?

Truth be told...I never use in in in-game teams. They're just so hard-to-get, considering their late-game appearance. But for PBR battles, I use them every time, except in the Sunset Colosseum, where the run's similar to the Battle Factory.

I think that would be all for my introduction. Okay, I'll head out. I hope to find lots of people to talk with here!
Old October 18th, 2012, 04:48 AM
DisesioN
Most powerful pokemon trainer

Nature: Gentle
Name:
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Flygon (Skyquake) , Charizard (Blazer)
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I really like dragon family pokemons, they are strong and well developed.
Answer Current Topic: Where is it?

What is your favorite Dragon Pokemon & why? Flygon, he's very strong with his ground/dragon/flying attack mixes.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Dragonite & Salamence in battle? Advantages: They both can use another type moves (thunderbolt etc.), but they are very weak against ice, ice deals them 4x damage.
Which Dragon type & Dragon family member are you most disappointed in?
What do you think about the fact that we have a Dragon-type champion again? I don't think it's needed. Dragon tamers are more likely to be as strong as strong elite trainers, but tamers doesn't go to all these official things. They more like training without getting anyone's eye.
Which Pokemon do you consider part of the Dragon relations that are not on the list? Please explain why. I used to say it's charizard, but now he's included.
Are there any dragons that you would like to see appear Generation VI? Show some examples. It should be more dragon pokemon. Dragons are rare I know, but still they are too less species.
What is your opinion on the Dragon's Den? Should the Pokémon be a bit stronger (via way fewer Magikarps)? Should there be more Dragon Tamers to re-battle? Lance/Clair Tag Battle as well? I think it should be another den, there dragon trainers are more skilled and wild pokemon more stronger, and harder to get there, and more impressive outlook. Everything same, just on way higher level.
How often do you use Dragon-type Pokemon in battle? Rarely.
Dragons usually have scale, rough skin. Which Dragon Pokemon do you think does NOT have a scale, rough skin? Giratina, it's half normal, half gas.
Are there an overpopulated amount of Legendary Dragons or should there be more? More.
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Olli
we keep this love in a photograph

Welcome to the club you two, I'll add you to the list right away. And that userbar is great, no need to be so harsh on yourself :D

Since activity has been quite slim as of late, I'll throw in another topic, in hopes of it possibly helping a bit. Going with a simple one.

How do you feel about Gyarados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon? Just to add on, for what I've heard, Gyarados was initially going to be a Dragon type Pokemon, however Gamefreak thought that it'd make it to OP, since Dragon types were in the first generation the strongest type of Pokemon, as well as Gyarados was already really strong, so they replaced it with a Flying type instead, and made the Dratini line the only of the first generation to be Dragon types.
Old October 19th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Absol
Community Supporter

How do you feel about Gyrados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon?

I've always thought of Gyrados as a Dragon/Water type until I started playing more competitive. I was very disappointed to find out that it was a Water/Flying type. Even to this day I keep thinking of Gyrados as more of a Dragon type than either a Water or Flying type. How can Gyrados be a flying type anyway? Gyrados cannot physically fly so why is it considered a Flying type?
Old October 19th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Ghost Emperor
Pokemon Emperor

Nature: Gentle
How do you feel about Gyrados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon?

I Feel alittle weird since it should moslty have dragon type attackes and what makes it weirder is its first based pokemon which is magikarp a fish which evolves into a dragon kinda creepy but cool

Its been a while since I last visited the group

Click the Dragon eggs if you want to save them from death Thank you

Old October 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Olli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Emperor View Post

I Feel alittle weird since it should moslty have dragon type attackes and what makes it weirder is its first based pokemon which is magikarp a fish which evolves into a dragon kinda creepy but cool :)

Its been a while since I last visited the group :)
Well, as a lot of other Pokemon evolutions and concepts, this comes from Japanese culture, more specifically the tale of a carp leaping over "the dragon gate" and turning into a dragon. Of course this is a weird evolution unless you know of its origins, just like Feebas evolving into Milotic might seem weird, whereas I think it may be related to the tale of the Ugly Duckling, but yeah. Japanese culture has found its way into lots of stuff in the Pokemon world, as would be expected, which is also probably why we see so many dragons, since that seem to be a kind of creature that's used for a lot down in Japan/China and the places around there.
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:50 AM
何贤豪

Huh...so you added the new topic. So, I may as well...

For me, I might've thought that it was truly a Water-Dragon type. But that was before, now it's a Water-Flying type, cursed by a 4x Electric weakness. Strange as to why it'd be given such a type, because...seriously, why Flying? "This doesn't make any sense!"
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Name: ♪Twiggy♪
Your Trainer Sprite:
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Haxoruuuuuuuuuuus and Scraggy.
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Actually, more like, I don't really care about why - I don't know, really, but I do like having fun with them Pokemon and I know that they're pretty versatile, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
Huh...so you added the new topic. So, I may as well...

For me, I might've thought that it was truly a Water-Dragon type. But that was before, now it's a Water-Flying type, cursed by a 4x Electric weakness. Strange as to why it'd be given such a type, because...seriously, why Flying? "This doesn't make any sense!"
What's the type chart for a Water-Flying-Dragon? This could get problematic for battling in general.
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:14 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
Name: PokeGiratinaX
2 Partner Pokemon: White Kyurem and Aerodactyl
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Because I like Dragon-type Pokemon very much. Dragon Pokemon is important in my team.

How do you feel about Gyrados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon?:
Because you know, Gyarados look's like a Drag0n but Gyarados isn't.
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:38 AM
何贤豪

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪Twiggy♪ View Post
Name: ♪Twiggy♪
Your Trainer Sprite:
2 Partner Pokemon(First a Dragon type, second from Dragon Family): Haxoruuuuuuuuuuus and Scraggy.
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Actually, more like, I don't really care about why - I don't know, really, but I do like having fun with them Pokemon and I know that they're pretty versatile, eh?

What's the type chart for a Water-Flying-Dragon? This could get problematic for battling in general.
True, but I didn't even state that! Anyways...to alleviate this issue that came only because of the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 5, maybe they should give it an item that allows it to change typing, and maybe add in some stats, hm?
Old October 20th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy Garden of Fire View Post
True, but I didn't even state that! Anyways...to alleviate this issue that came only because of the difference between Gen 1 and Gen 5, maybe they should give it an item that allows it to change typing, and maybe add in some stats, hm?
Oh man, this is probably going to be such a doozy, huh?

That said, it's a Gen I Pokemon, and back then, that type is almost useless.
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
何贤豪

Well, true, that's why. Due to the small (when comparing with the current number of Pokemon) number of Pokemon in Gen 1, Dragon-types were just a small piece in the chart of Pokemon types and how many Pokemon possess the typing. And with the small run of Ice-type Pokemon to counter it + Dragons (which would need it to face another Dragonite/Dragonair/Dratini), the Dragons of Gen 1 would only be one family -- the Dragonite family. And anyways, Water-Dragon can only be beat by Dragon-types, since Ice-types only do neutral damage, so they must've made it a Water-Flying due to that horrible imbalance. But with the increase in Dragon-types, now that imbalance is already CRYSTAL clear, no more. And in that exact game and its predecessors, they truly made a Water-Dragon for the first time. They should've done that before with Gyarados...
Old October 27th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
How do you feel about Gyarados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon?

I think they just changed it's type so that it could be more balanced. Or thy didn't want too many dragon Pokemon in 1st gen. The Water/Flying type for Gyarados is very unfitting, but it's there for balancing issues.
Old October 29th, 2012, 02:35 PM
mewmasterify
Actual Mew

Nature: Quiet
How do you feel about Gyarados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon?

Gyarados was cool in Gen 1 because just look at it looks like a Water Dragon then when you see its Type then you will say "Really!?" and you will Likely Throw your Pokemon Games at The Wall but Gyarados is still Hanging in there in OU and OU Metagame. I would say Gyarados is well Okay.
Old October 29th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hikamaru
pseudologia fantastica
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky

I don't mind about Gyarados being Water/Flying, but I guess the reason it lacked a Dragon-type was due to balance issues. They only wanted one family of Dragons to start with and the only Dragon-type move that existed back in Gen I was Dragon Rage which was a fixed-damage move.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

on a leave of absence

Old November 13th, 2012, 04:56 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Lonely
I'd Like to Join!

Name: CourageHound
Your Trainer Sprite:
2 Partner Pokemon: Salamence and Gyarados
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I chose to become a dragon trainer to embrace my fondness I have of my chosen dragons

Answering Current Topic: How do you feel about Gyarados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon?

Well...I feel Gyarados should deserve dragon typing due to it directly stemming from a sea dragon. And it would most certainty benefit gyarados too giving him only one weakness. Aesthetically I would also prefer gyarados to be dragon just because of what its based on and how he would be much cooler, seeing as the part flying type seems kinda random. However I think his shiny form seems more dragonic than his regular form, idk.
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:15 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
Name: Ninjagon
Your Trainer Sprite:

2 Partner Pokemon: Dragonite, Hydreigon

Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: Because Dragon is the best type, imo. My fave poke is a dragon, so yeah.

Answering Current Topic: How do you feel about Gyarados' lack of a Dragon typing, despite it being a Dragon based Pokemon?

I feel as that, that is a big no no. It should be part Dragon, it looks more Dragony (lol not a word) than most of Game Freaks' creations, despite it being in the 151, the originals. So you'd think they got better at it. They did in some circumstances.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)

Last edited by Ninjagon; November 13th, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old November 17th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Olli

Club closed at request of the owner.

~Closed~

Sponsored Links

Advertise here