The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 21st, 2012, 12:57 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleH771
That bridge is VERY well thought up. However it doesn't make sense. There is a large pillar on the ground with the platform starting part way up it which in theory means that the bridge is above ground level. You need to remove the bottom segment of the pillars that are on the ground. The ones on the small islands however are good and work very nicely.
Lol. The map drawing doesn't serve as a precise representation of what the game maps look like; this is especially true with the designs of buildings. They're all drawn and colored as the old models from FR if you notice. lol. The Emerald Bridge was already changed from what the teeny tiny one in the sketch shows. If the only criticism you can levy is one this minute, then I guess I'm in good shape. =] (Btw, not for nothing, but change how your gym's windows look--the sheen in the window panes is mirrored. ;x)

Just so you all know, I am still working on this. =] I would like to have some release out soon, but we'll see just how 'soon' that is haha.

This was something I made a while back, but I'll go ahead and show you all now. This is the room within Ancient Azurect where The Emerald Tablet sleeps.

Thank you all for your support and comments, I really appreciate it. =] Also don't forget to look on the Facebook page, there's sometimes updates there that I don't post here. =P
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:01 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

Nature: Calm
Wow ! That is so cool. Can't wait for the new release! ;D
btw, are those custom tiles?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:31 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Yes, those are custom tiles that took me a while to make. I've been doing this for a lot of other places as well, so there's a lot of that to look forward to. =]
Old October 21st, 2012, 03:49 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
Lol. The map drawing doesn't serve as a precise representation of what the game maps look like; this is especially true with the designs of buildings. They're all drawn and colored as the old models from FR if you notice. lol. The Emerald Bridge was already changed from what the teeny tiny one in the sketch shows. If the only criticism you can levy is one this minute, then I guess I'm in good shape. =] (Btw, not for nothing, but change how your gym's windows look--the sheen in the window panes is mirrored. ;x)

Just so you all know, I am still working on this. =] I would like to have some release out soon, but we'll see just how 'soon' that is haha.

This was something I made a while back, but I'll go ahead and show you all now. This is the room within Ancient Azurect where The Emerald Tablet sleeps.

Thank you all for your support and comments, I really appreciate it. =] Also don't forget to look on the Facebook page, there's sometimes updates there that I don't post here. =P
OMG! That tiles look awesome! I can't wait for the next release!
Old November 5th, 2012, 03:48 PM
minato41893
Unhatched Egg

I can't wait for this to be done gonna be a great game to play! I will wait for the full release.
Old November 8th, 2012, 05:48 AM
butterflye
Dancing on the rainbow lane

This hack looks amazing. I love this last tiles! I can't say anything except wow and, naturely, keep going! ;D
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM
atie

Nature: Quiet
Looks promissing, Might try it in later BETA's as I hate playing a bit and wait for months till more comes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old November 27th, 2012, 02:53 AM
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Ok, I tried this one out and this is awesome!

Anyways, there is an error in the second Gym there was a girl there that still uses her safron gym trainer script which let's you battle a level 34 gastly.

Anyways, I like how you do this just wanted to suggest you about new Pokemon.
Old December 1st, 2012, 03:35 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

So Pokemon Rose has won hack of the quarter. Thank you all for your support!

I've updated the screenshots with updated tiles and added a few more. ;)

Also, I'll show off some of the place I've been focusing on right now, Sinishade City.

When you first arrive, this truck is blocking your progress further into the city. You'll just have to occupy yourself by visiting the Dept. Store before it leaves...

The Game Corner is also in this town. You'll find additional games you can play for coins (and also rare items) in the back room.

Here's a peak at Sinishade Gym. What could those headstones mean? And what kind of Gym Leader do you face? You'll find out soon enough. ;]
Old December 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

First I would like to say Congrats ;D
For the world map you did great considering the fact that you can only use 16 colors.
The House in Victrial Town looks a little weird. The red roof house looked better

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old December 2nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Maxilos
Unhatched Egg

After I get that SS Ticket, what am I suppose to do now? XD
Old December 2nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

That's the end of the current beta. There's nothing to do after that. ;P
Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:17 AM
Pinkish Purple
五代目水影

Nature: Naughty
Congratulations on winning the HotQ! Looking forward to more betas
Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Saltsas

1st of all Congratulations for winning the HotQ :D Also I can see that this hack is making a nicely progress.Personaly I have liked your Facebook page of this hack and waiting for a new version :D
Old December 10th, 2012, 05:16 AM
shadshaddo
Unhatched Egg

Hey I really like where this game is going, so on a whim I started Lping it or at least up to where the beta stops anyway. I hope that's ok? I just wanted to check to be sure.

/watch?v=5-IjZl127Yw&feature=youtu.be
Old December 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Yeah, LP away! I love the voices you did during that video. Dewgong gong gong =P

Today I'm sharing something I've been wanting to do for quite some time. The side-scrolling perspective is something I had planned to do for this hack some months ago, and I finally got around to drawing something to capture that perspective in a map.

One such area to use this style is the Silver Isles. I think this is a nice way to properly represent what I envision the pillar islands look like. This perspective will be used for the exterior parts when you exit from the Silver Isles' main cave areas, including where you'll find the legendary bird Pokemon (as you can see).

I plan to use this side-scrolling perspective in two more areas: the Emerald Bridge and a cave area on Route 665 where you climb up the interior of the mountainside.
Old December 11th, 2012, 02:55 PM
shadshaddo
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
Yeah, LP away! I love the voices you did during that video. Dewgong gong gong =P

Today I'm sharing something I've been wanting to do for quite some time. The side-scrolling perspective is something I had planned to do for this hack some months ago, and I finally got around to drawing something to capture that perspective in a map.

One such area to use this style is the Silver Isles. I think this is a nice way to properly represent what I envision the pillar islands look like. This perspective will be used for the exterior parts when you exit from the Silver Isles' main cave areas, including where you'll find the legendary bird Pokemon (as you can see).

I plan to use this side-scrolling perspective in two more areas: the Emerald Bridge and a cave area on Route 665 where you climb up the interior of the mountainside.

Thanks! I'll be sure to keep them up then! lol I really enjoy what you're doing with the game! Just ignore my complaining, most of it is just me being ridiculous and blaming stupid things. :p
Old December 23rd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Arcanine

Nature: Docile
I'm still stuck at the maze I bet the answer is so simple but I can't do it!!!

The girl that gives you the silk scarf repeatedly gives you silk scarfs I have around 53 so yeh.

The guard who gives you the upgrade has the same bugs as the silk scarf girl when you go into your bag.

Last edited by DrFuji; December 23rd, 2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts
Old December 28th, 2012, 08:37 PM
kensarcher
Hack Addict

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm still stuck at the maze I bet the answer is so simple but I can't do it!!!

The girl that gives you the silk scarf repeatedly gives you silk scarfs I have around 53 so yeh.

The guard who gives you the upgrade has the same bugs as the silk scarf girl when you go into your bag.
about the maze.. its very simple.. try too look at the fence.. you will notice that there were a different one "grayish color fence" you can jump over that fence.. i hope it help :D
Old January 23rd, 2013, 03:07 PM
Tielur

Nature: Jolly
This looks really nice, ill be trying out the beta tonight, I hope you see it to completion
Old January 24th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Caramel-O
The dark Cheetah

Really good work! Its a great job.. well done!! But i wish if you had a more cool graphics ...
But it stil cool!! =D
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Leomc
Unhatched Egg

This beta is really good.I can't wait for the next release!!1!
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:26 AM
MrDollSteak
Formerly known as 11bayerf1

Everything is looking awesome!
I like the fact that you modified the TM/HM list!
It's something I'd love to implement in my hack at some point in the future.
Keep up the good work!
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:32 PM
heroicraptor
Unhatched Egg

Is the most recent patch attached to the first post?
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

It should be! I'm working on a new release that I hope to release sometime soon.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here