The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:41 PM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by awipe1 View Post
Is there a way to create new routes in advanced map?
I have routes 1-25 but when I create a new map and give it a new route, it will just change the name of the map that I originally used.
Can someone give me very detailed instructions on how to create a new route. Please and thank you.
Are you trying to add more routes, as in route#26, or trying to just make a new route in general?

For the names, you can only replace the names; you can't add more. So if you wanted to make a "Route 26", you'd have to change that map to an existing name, and then edit that name. So if you changed it to, let's say "Tanoby Ruins" and then edited it to say "Route 26", that name will now permanently be "Route 26" for any map using the old "Tanoby Ruins" name.
Old October 19th, 2012, 07:38 PM
awipe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman View Post
Are you trying to add more routes, as in route#26, or trying to just make a new route in general?

For the names, you can only replace the names; you can't add more. So if you wanted to make a "Route 26", you'd have to change that map to an existing name, and then edit that name. So if you changed it to, let's say "Tanoby Ruins" and then edited it to say "Route 26", that name will now permanently be "Route 26" for any map using the old "Tanoby Ruins" name.
Oh there is no possible way to add mroe? =(

Also I'm currently looking for a spriter for my ROM. Someone who can make OWs and possibly trainer sprites (I might make those myself). Message me if you would like to be a part of Pokemon Battle Brown!
NOTE: You wouldn't be designing your own sprites, I would be telling you what I needed, and you would make it for me ... as appealing as that sounds. I know it doesn't sound like a fun task, but if you want to be a part of this ROM, then that's what will happen. Also I would like to see some stuff you have made before I accept your offer.
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:34 PM
IamInnocent
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Hi there, I'm not an experienced hacker so I'm here to ask some questions:

1. Is it possible to edit/hack the Intro script in Pokemon Ruby so that rather than choosing you are a boy or girl and insert your name, you get to answer some personality questions or choose where you want to start off and stuff.
2. Is it possible to add Emerald's 2v2 trainer spotting system to Pokemon Ruby?
3. Is it possible to make Pokemon Ruby to choose custom character's appearance in the intro section? Like Yu-Gi-Oh! 5ds World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus that you are able to choose multiple character features.
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Skara
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Timid
OK, I've added Johto leaders in my hack as trainers on Five Island. I want the champion music to play when you battle them. How do I do that? At the moment it plays the standard battle theme.
Old October 20th, 2012, 03:44 AM
PokemonMasters
Always Remember Forever&After

i need help. first go to tools. then click save block palette picture and save it. how do i import that to a new rom?

+ForeverDash on PC's Battle Server | Pair | VM/PM |Partner In Crime
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:11 AM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

I edited Pallet Town and removed all the person events from the outside map
and for some reason whenever I add a new overworld onto the map they always apear on the same spot on the map even if I place them on the other side of the map in advance map
can someone help?
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:07 AM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skara View Post
OK, I've added Johto leaders in my hack as trainers on Five Island. I want the champion music to play when you battle them. How do I do that? At the moment it plays the standard battle theme.
The trainer class needs to be set to "Champion".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonMasters View Post
i need help. first go to tools. then click save block palette picture and save it. how do i import that to a new rom?
I'm confused as to whawt you're asking. If you want to save a tileset, you click save tileset 0 or 1, and to load them, you click load tileset 0 or 1.

For blocks, it's the same thing. There's a load block button right next to the save block button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman64 View Post
and for some reason whenever I add a new overworld onto the map they always apear on the same spot on the map even if I place them on the other side of the map in advance map
can someone help?
A-map sometimes messes up with that. Close it, reopen it, and try again. It also does it a lot when another tool is open using the same ROM, specifically a hex editor.
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:35 AM
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator

I tried it and it diddnt work also I should add that the person number is faded even when I add a new person
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Skara
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

How do I make it so more than one trainer class can have gym leader music or champion music?
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:05 PM
PokemonMasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman View Post

I'm confused as to whawt you're asking. If you want to save a tileset, you click save tileset 0 or 1, and to load them, you click load tileset 0 or 1.

For blocks, it's the same thing. There's a load block button right next to the save block button.
If I try to load the block for tileset number 2 A-Map crashes... how do I not make it crash?

Old October 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM
YogiBerra

Does anybody know how to add new TMs, over existing items perhaps, or just new TMs in general? Thank you.
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM
PokemonMasters

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBerra View Post
Does anybody know how to add new TMs, over existing items perhaps, or just new TMs in general? Thank you.
check this his thread : http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...17#post7374717

i need help. whenever i try to import the block for tileset 2 it crashes help?

Last edited by PokemonMasters; October 20th, 2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:01 AM
DisesioN
Most powerful pokemon trainer

Nature: Gentle
What I should do? I can't insert tiles because they became nothing.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

How do I change this? http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/96/1350465464.png/
help please

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Last edited by Hacker Bisharp; October 21st, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:40 AM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
The link is broken. Maybe you can explain your problem?
Old October 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
The link is broken. Maybe you can explain your problem?
I have corrected the link.

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old October 21st, 2012, 01:42 PM
Skara
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skara View Post
How do I make it so more than one trainer class can have gym leader music or champion music?
This question has yet to be answered.
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:58 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Nature: Careful
I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

In the Black Editor tab on Advanced Map, what is the difference between the Picture and the Block tab?
Old October 21st, 2012, 02:39 PM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman64 View Post
can someone help?
Have you removed all of the level scripts from the map? Pallet Town's level scripts have a few movesprite2 commands in them which are the most likely reason why your sprite appears to be teleporting across the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisesioN View Post

When you're inserting a tile into a tileset they have to match the palette completely or else they appear like your picture. You just have 15 colours with which to make your tiles, any colours beyond that won't function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
I have corrected the link.
Image is still dead for me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
I have a question. Hope someone can answer.

In the Black Editor tab on Advanced Map, what is the difference between the Picture and the Block tab?
While they look and perform similarly, they perform very different and useful roles. The picture tab allows you to load and save the tileset for editing in something like Paint or Photoshop, while the Block tab saves the 'blockset' which is mainly used within Advance Map itself. A good example to demonstrate what the blockset does is if you wanted to replace one tileset with a completely different tileset (eg replacing FR's default tileset 0 with the one used in the Safari Zone). Once you overwrite tileset 0 you will see that something horrible has happened - While the right-hand box of the block editor looks fine, the left appears to have been in a car crash. It would take quite a while to rebuild the blockset by hand, but it is far easier to go back to the Safari Zone, save its blockset and then overwrite tileset 0's just like you did with the tiles.

I guess you could say that if a tileset was a puzzle, the tiles would be the pieces and the blocks would tell them where to go and how to fit in with everything else; that's the best analogy :P
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:25 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisesioN View Post

Yep, as pretty much DrFuji said. So you'll basically need to use MS Paint to make the colours of the tile you inserted the same palette of the tileset image. It may take some trial and error, but here's good way of getting it to match the palettes... is by using the Colour Picker tool in Paint and then use the pencil or paintbucket to fill in those colours of that tile you inserted to match all the other colours in the tileset image.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Herpahermaderp
I liek Mudkipz

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Herpahermaderp
I don't know if this has been asked before, or if it has, if it's been answered, but what is the offset for the ASM routine where you pick your gender and name? I'm making a hack and I want the player to pick their name after a certain event happens.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:04 AM
Varaddude630
Unhatched Egg

Can you guys tell me how to hack games?
I dont know that script and all and all thingies so can any1 help me?
Sorry,I'm just 12 yrs old LOL.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:02 AM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Hey, quick question here.
In AdvanceMap, where you can edit the amount of Events, if i remove them all does that completely remove them from the game ?
I'm looking to start completely afresh and want to get rid of the scripts.
Also, with the Route Names/Map Names, how do i insert a map with its own name instead of the same name as another one ?
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:11 AM
Herpahermaderp
I liek Mudkipz

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Herpahermaderp
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeInfuse View Post
Hey, quick question here.
In AdvanceMap, where you can edit the amount of Events, if i remove them all does that completely remove them from the game ?
I'm looking to start completely afresh and want to get rid of the scripts.
Also, with the Route Names/Map Names, how do i insert a map with its own name instead of the same name as another one ?
Taking out all the events will remove them from the game,yes,but it will not remove their scripts,that has to be done manually. And the answer to your Map Header question is right here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=212492. Unless if you just want to edit the headers you already have,then you can just rename them in the Header tab of A-Map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varaddude630 View Post
Can you guys tell me how to hack games?
I dont know that script and all and all thingies so can any1 help me?
Sorry,I'm just 12 yrs old LOL.
You should check out the Tutorial section in Emulation then have fun learning about hacking.

Last edited by Herpahermaderp; October 23rd, 2012 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:32 AM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Everytime i add a new map with Advancemap then try changing the name, it also changes the name of the map that i was on.

Sponsored Links