The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 18th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Rock Climb is a damaging Normal-type move introduced in Generation IV as HM08. It lost this status in Generation V.

So apparently this was added as a new move in this hack, as it didn't exist then.

The question then: is it HM08? HM08 was "Dive" in Generation III. Back on Page 115 is a list of new TMs and HMs and such; Rock Climb is TM39 described as "Have the ability to scale through rocky walls". Thus, "Rock Tomb" doesn't exist.

Cyclone
Hmmm. Well I don't have Rock Climb anywhere in my HM/TM's case and I'm stuck trying to get the 7th badge leader to come back to the gym from Mt. Icestorm or whatever it's called. Rock smash is definitely not Rock Climb in this game. Taught it to a pokemon and I still couldn't climb.

So with that said. If I accidentally somehow got rid of Rock Climb, (although I never get rid of my TM's and I don't remember getting it either) is there a way of getting it back? Or just getting it for that matter? Because I honestly don't remember getting it.

Old October 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

So far I haven't seen a TM shop. It would be nice if TMs found along the journey - especially critical ones - started showing up in the Pokémarts starting from about Dardusk City, or even Groment City (which I am just about to walk into, finished the 411 trainers and did a dry run around town with the sand blowing).

Right now I'm a bit curious about the Route makeup; there is pretty much no use for grass on this Route because walking anywhere off of the specific path tiles (very few of them) can trigger wild battles. Even in the mountainous areas where grass is around, you are getting wild encounters off of the grass. I think tile modifications are necessary fixing this; it seems like a silly thing to let happen and kicks the "if you're weak, avoid the grass" philosophy to the next region.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 18th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
@Cyclone: Why do you always use Bulbapedia for hacks? :D Hacks do not have the same structure, just the base is same, you should know it by now
To answer. Rock Climb is TM39. You obtain it in Lauren in the first Gym. Which means, you don't need it to progress in Zheri.
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:19 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
there must be something wrong with my hack because here is what all my HM's are:

HM01 - Cut
HM02 - Fly
HM03 - Surf
HM04 - Strength
HM05 - Lava Surf
HM06 - Rock Smash

I need rock climb but have no idea how to obtain it.
Sorry The order you showed was all right. I was mentioning it as HM02 in order you obtain it within the game. It will be available in Lauren league where you need it to battle the Gym leader of Flying type pokes.
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:14 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
@Cyclone: Why do you always use Bulbapedia for hacks? :D Hacks do not have the same structure, just the base is same, you should know it by now
To answer. Rock Climb is TM39. You obtain it in Lauren in the first Gym. Which means, you don't need it to progress in Zheri.
I'm not using Bulbapedia for hack research. I'm using it to research what Generation III originally had. In short, if you double-check the end of my prior comment, I noted that Rock Tomb no longer exists in this hack and is replaced by Rock Climb in TM39.

What interests me most is whether the Pokémon that can learn Rock Tomb in Gen. III can learn Rock Climb naturally IN THIS HACK. Interestingly, since Scraggy is in this hack, I also equally wonder whether it learns Rock Climb naturally (it does in Unova).

I hate that we can't Fly until we reach Lauren, though. Oh well, it means I have a lot of backtracking to do if I really want to "catch 'em all"!

Speaking of "catching them all"...I can finally buy downgraded Great Balls. After I get that Surf HM, I could technically go everywhere I've been and collect. My nicely leveled Scyther will assist greatly towards Pokédex completion with the False Swipe ability. :D I just wish the regular Pokéballs were available, but I'm guessing they show up in Lauren as well in the first city. Super Repels will help greatly at 500 each; have something like 164K Pokécoins to spend.

BTW, does anyone know when and how we can collect the other eight starters that we did not select during the parts where the twelve all showed up? (I should probably say 10 and 15, mind...after all, I saw Samurott already.)

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Last edited by CycloneGU; October 19th, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:30 AM
alienhunterx

The sequence of hacks are different than those original.
Hack makers mostly often implement their own attack sets and pokemon base stats than original games:\
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:54 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak089 View Post
Anyone, want to know why that guy is still standing in the way of Mt. Draken? Even, after beating the elite 4 and getting my World Pass?
How did you get the orange pass?
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:01 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
I think Ash493 know the answer....
Old October 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

Because i cant get in mt.draken there is a dude standing in front of the cave door.
and i would like to catch all the legenderies.
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Faraink
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm980 View Post
Wes or whatever his name is changed it so Snorunt evolves into Froslass through an ingame trade, but the problem is that he didnt program in an ingame trade for it. The only way to get one is to cheat and either cheat one into the wild or use a gameshark code that lets you catch pokemon from trainers (Such as Froslass from the 7th Gym Leader)
Froslass is one of my favorite Pokemon... Would anyone happen to know what the coding is, to get Froslass into the wild? I don't want to accidentally use the wrong one and completely screw up my game.
Old October 21st, 2012, 12:24 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonGiratinaX View Post
I think Ash493 know the answer....
Yeah, sure =D I know everything =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
You need to go to Mt. Draken, beat Lance and you will get the Orange Pass for beating him.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:27 AM
alienhunterx

Just remember guys for catching each legendary of a specific region you need to battle one of its toughest trainers like Steven for a hoenn legendary to access them
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:57 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Lies! "World Peace" remains to be solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Just remember guys for catching each legendary of a specific region you need to battle one of its toughest trainers like Steven for a hoenn legendary to access them
Wait...what? I know I've been poking around at the events and movement permissions making fixes and have seen all of the legendaries in their various spots (like the one off of Route 408 in the water, or the one to the left of the bridge in 410, even the one in 407), but your wording confuses me. Do you mean that all of the legendaries in the game are only found by defeating a strong rival Trainer somewhere in their strongest form?

(Keep in mind I haven't activated any yet, so if any appear in storyline I do not know this yet.)

Cyclone

Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:25 AM
AkiraUdo

can anyone answer why can't i open LP rom in YAPE 0.9? it saids "Error Loading ROM. Unrecognized ROM."
Old October 22nd, 2012, 06:45 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiraUdo View Post
can anyone answer why can't i open LP rom in YAPE 0.9? it saids "Error Loading ROM. Unrecognized ROM."
If you're wondering why Light Platinum can't be opened up in YAPE... it's because... the hack has a totally different game code and header than the original ROM of Ruby had. Even though it is patched on a Pokémon Ruby ROM.

the hack is in a different language than English, it clearly states here that YAPE cannot be used with any other languages other than English.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:33 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
If you're wondering why Light Platinum can't be opened up in YAPE... it's because... the hack has a totally different game code and header than the original ROM of Ruby had. Even though it is patched on a Pokémon Ruby ROM.

the hack is in a different language than English, it clearly states here that YAPE cannot be used with any other languages other than English.
Hmm. I am playing the English version. Unless you mean the code added to the game.

Cyclone

Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:59 AM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Hmm. I am playing the English version. Unless you mean the code added to the game.

Cyclone
Yeah, I know that it's in English, but if YAPE doesn't work... then I'm pretty sure it's got a different game code to what the English Pokémon Ruby Version has. Light Platinum was probably based off the Portuguese Ruby Version after all.

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old October 22nd, 2012, 08:47 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Yeah, I know that it's in English, but if YAPE doesn't work... then I'm pretty sure it's got a different game code to what the English Pokémon Ruby Version has. Light Platinum was probably based off the Portuguese Ruby Version after all.
That's weird, as I patched it to an English version.

Cyclone

Old October 22nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
That's weird, as I patched it to an English version.

Cyclone
Did you know that patches actually contain any data that is different from the ROM it's meant to be patched on? So even if you patched an English Pokémon Ruby with a patch that's designed for an English Pokémon Ruby that got made from the ROM hack, you'd never know if it was in another language originally. :o It's quite amazing how it works, isn't it? :)

'Cause Light Platinum did start off in Portuguese before someone created an English translated version that was based off the original. ^^

It's also amazing how much things have changed since those very days. 'Cause we now have the stuff that is possible... that wasn't known 4 years ago. ;)

Old October 22nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Did you know that patches actually contain any data that is different from the ROM it's meant to be patched on? So even if you patched an English Pokémon Ruby with a patch that's designed for an English Pokémon Ruby that got made from the ROM hack, you'd never know if it was in another language originally. :o It's quite amazing how it works, isn't it?

'Cause Light Platinum did start off in Portuguese before someone created an English translated version that was based off the original.

It's also amazing how much things have changed since those very days. 'Cause we now have the stuff that is possible... that wasn't known 4 years ago.
Yes, I know it was originally in Portuguese. I watched a video series that started that way and changed to the English patch later.

Cyclone

Old October 23rd, 2012, 01:24 AM
alienhunterx

Quote:

Wait...what? I know I've been poking around at the events and movement permissions making fixes and have seen all of the legendaries in their various spots (like the one off of Route 408 in the water, or the one to the left of the bridge in 410, even the one in 407), but your wording confuses me. Do you mean that all of the legendaries in the game are only found by defeating a strong rival Trainer somewhere in their strongest form?

(Keep in mind I haven't activated any yet, so if any appear in storyline I do not know this yet.)

Cyclone
This all comes after you become the world champion.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:31 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Noone cares about that.

Quote:

That's a completely wrong...
YAPE doesn't work just because the header is changed.
It has nothing to with language.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

how do i get in? there is a guy standing in front of the cave

Quote:

You need to go to Mt. Draken, beat Lance and you will get the Orange Pass for beating him.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty
So I'm in Drakebreath City and I have the final tablet and I know I need to go back to my hometown and visit Jasmine. What I want to know, is what is the quickest way to get there and the quickest way to get back to Drakebreath.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:25 PM
CycloneGU
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
So I'm in Drakebreath City and I have the final tablet and I know I need to go back to my hometown and visit Jasmine. What I want to know, is what is the quickest way to get there and the quickest way to get back to Drakebreath.
I know you can travel down Route 417 from Drakebreath City. Since you can't Fly, the best option is traveling that back into Serenity City and heading south through Route 412, Mt. Zhery, Groment City, Route 411 (bring Strength), Mt. Shuem (bring a Lava Surf user), Emerny Town, Marfeny Lake (surfing across), Central City, Route 401, Yellow Town, into the lab. Retrace your steps to Serenity City (this is a great time to gain some experience while traveling the mountain areas BTW, or bring some Super Repels or Max Repels) then work your way back around (including Mt. Icestorm and the water Route 416) as Route 417 is one-way from Drakebreath City. You can't Fly until you reach Lauren and acquire the HM there.

Yes, cruel and a lot of traveling. I'm not looking forward to that. It would have been nice if instead of another huge loop that Drakebreath City was somewhere close to Yellow Town accessible via a late-received HM in the game, or one only useable after defeating the last Gym before the Tablet Trek. Perhaps another long Route could have been in between the two. (But seriously, come on - why can't we at least receive Fly by the 8th Gym instead of in the post-game? Why was there no HM-removable blocker on 417 instead to shorten the trek, with HM received in Drakebreathe or sometime after Snowce City? Just these little things could have been improvements...)

And while I'm at it, I'm now looking at the map. Where on Earth is Route 503? I don't even see data for it.

Cyclone

Last edited by CycloneGU; October 23rd, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links