• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
The way they went with B2W2 it's just as likely that we'll get a single remake rather than two.

While that is an interesting idea, I don't think it will happen. It is possible--ANYTHING is possible--but even with us getting sequels out of the left field it still didn't distract from what Game Freak views as the "core aspect" of Pokemon, which is interactivity and trading. As XanderO said, having only one standalone game would remove the ability to split up the PokeDex, and the player will have less reason to connect with others.

As for including Emerald elements, HGSS managed to include elements of Crystal while still maintaining the general ideas of Gold and Silver. In reality, all a remake is is a reboot of the third version, then split into two with the version differences of the first two games applied to it. If Game Freak were to actually sit down and determine how to improve the plot of RSE for the remakes, there will definitely be a way for them to include certain elements from Emerald, even if they're not the most obvious ways.

Granted, these RSE "remakes" could just simply be entirely new games set in Hoenn. That way there would be no worry as to what to include and not include, and Game Freak would have no plot to stay true to, so they can go all-out and give us another powerful narrative again.

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Granted, these RSE "remakes" could just simply be entirely new games set in Hoenn. That way there would be no worry as to what to include and not include, and Game Freak would have no plot to stay true to, so they can go all-out and give us another powerful narrative again.

I absolutely hope this is the case.

blue

gucci
Years
I suppose they would want to include version exclusives i.e Solrock, Lunatone, Seviper & Zangoose. Although they did include 300 in the B2W2 Pokedex which is the most so far but, two games would pull in more money.

blazerj13

Impossibly Possible~
Years
heres an idea, what if they pull a platinum on us and do what they did to giratina with rayquaza, give it a new form? that would make it unique. although, it dosnt have to be rayquaza, it could be like, kyogre or groudon. that would make things interesting. and i would hope that if there is remakes, they would have a diffrent story because i LOVE exploring hoenn, i know every map and corner, but after a while the same story starts to get annoying you know?

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
heres an idea, what if they pull a platinum on us and do what they did to giratina with rayquaza, give it a new form? that would make it unique. although, it dosnt have to be rayquaza, it could be like, kyogre or groudon. that would make things interesting. and i would hope that if there is remakes, they would have a diffrent story because i LOVE exploring hoenn, i know every map and corner, but after a while the same story starts to get annoying you know?

I think they should expand on kyurems forms. In BW2 we got white form and black form. Now neither of these forms represented the original dragon pokemon. I'm thinking the original dragon could of been second only to arcures and when it split into the three pokemon maybe some of its power split into items other pokemon use. So in the remakes if we have the red and blue orbs we can have red kyurem and blue kyurem. If we have the orbs from gen 4 we can have diamond pearl and platinum kyurem. And like in rotoms form they can change its type to whatever form its in
Red kyurem - ground dragon
Blue kyurem- water dragon (specialize in sp def)
Green kyurem- flying dragon
Diamond kyurem- steel dragon
Pearl kyurem- water dragon ( specialize in sp att)
Platinum kyurem- ghost dragon

And if they choose to implement the god stone it could be

Perfect kyurem/original dragon- pure dragon pokemon
Depending on what item it's holding depends what type of attack it does using a special move ie if its holding green orb it's a flying type move

Lol I know this may not happen but it was a fun little idea

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
Ahg, I can't wait for these remakes to come out. Hoenn is one of my favourite regions, and that generation was actually so good. I personally found it encompassed one of the best story lines, and the two teams were really interesting.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
you couldnt predict that BW would be on the DS

That was actually very predicable

theres been more surprises than expected things.
The only thing that has ever been completely obvious is when legendaries are left for a follow-up game since gen3.
But apart from that, any emerging tradition is broken before it even becomes an actual pattern.

I seriously doubt some underlying pattern has ever decided what the next games will be. Gamefreak simply did what made the most sense at any point.

I know that, I read the interview, but we've always been able to predict a third game or a new one, which one is B2W2?

They can come out with an R/S/E remake, a Gen 6 (which I doubt so far, judging from the anime) or something out of the blue, because like you said, there is no pattern, that was the point I was trying to make.

Years
I suppose they would want to include version exclusives i.e Solrock, Lunatone, Seviper & Zangoose. Although they did include 300 in the B2W2 Pokedex which is the most so far but, two games would pull in more money.

Version exclusives is what encourages trading between versions, although I'd like to see an expanded Pokedex like the massive one in Black 2 & White 2. They could add all the new evolutions that the original Hoenn Dex Pokemon got in Generation 4, sorta like how Ambipom, Mamoswine, Yanmega, Lickilicky and Tangrowth got added to the HG/SS Pokedex.

If we don't have version exclusives, it would not entice us to trade Pokemon to complete the Pokedex.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
If the next game is a new generation I'm thinking they'll probably announce it in January. They announced Gen V in Jan 2010 while the games were released all the way in September so that was a 9 month period, and they could do the same this time around. I just want to play in Hoenn again so much! I don't see Gen VI coming out next year though. Masuda said B/W took 4 years to make since it's an entirely new game with the new region and new Pokemon, and HG/SS took 3 years from 2006 - 2009. They only got the 3DS development kit in early 2010 so if remakes take 3 years to create, then 3 years would be next year so we could get it then - but they could have easily just worked extra harder on Gen VI to get it done in time for next year but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Lets say the remakes come out on 3DS before the Gen VI games.. will the remakes even be able to interact with the new Gen VI games to come after them? It seems more plausible for them to release Gen VI first, so the remakes will be able to interact with the Gen VI Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2014
If the next game is a new generation I'm thinking they'll probably announce it in January. They announced Gen V in Jan 2010 while the games were released all the way in September so that was a 9 month period, and they could do the same this time around. I just want to play in Hoenn again so much! I don't see Gen VI coming out next year though. Masuda said B/W took 4 years to make since it's an entirely new game with the new region and new Pokemon, and HG/SS took 3 years from 2006 - 2009. They only got the 3DS development kit in early 2010 so if remakes take 3 years to create, then 3 years would be next year so we could get it then - but they could have easily just worked extra harder on Gen VI to get it done in time for next year but just thought it was worth mentioning.

Lets say the remakes come out on 3DS before the Gen VI games.. will the remakes even be able to interact with the new Gen VI games to come after them? It seems more plausible for them to release Gen VI first, so the remakes will be able to interact with the Gen VI Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure gen VI will come out before the remakes, and why would anyone want it any other way? If they come out beforehand they will not be part of gen VI, it makes no sense, as new generations primary selling point is brand new pokemon. So they'd have to come out on the DS, and then they'll be horiffically outdated soon after (a year at most) by the next generation.

Its not the same as HGSS -> BW because they were on the same console, and didn't really look too different. Plus BW didn't really add any huge game mechanic changes. However, with gen VI being an even numbered generation, what we should expect (excluding bw2 style suprises) is big gameplay changes and evos/prevos for lots of pokemon. Even generations are revolutionary while odd generations are quite literally evolutionary.

Also, the next big announcement will be in January/February, but it'll be movie related. However, we'll probably be able to guess what's coming next from the movie merchandise.

blue

gucci
Years
If Gen IV comes out before the remakes then I'm pretty sure either remakes or some sort of Hoenn related game will be tied in with that region, I can't see them doing just two remakes... they must have something up their sleeves, especially with the demand increasing.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
Has anyone seen this? (3:50 onwards)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8o-2JefD28&feature=g-all-u

I'm not sure whether it's just a NOA employee speculating, or whether he knows we will be getting the remakes at some point.
Now thats interesting, awesome find man! Now the Pokemon Company is telling us two different things -_-, still going with what JM said though, which was there is no pattern.

And also, it wouldn't be a bad thing at all to start off with a Hoenn Remake/Game on the 3DS, because as I said before, the GBA is dead, the DS is dying and 3DS has no GBA slot, of course they can add Hoenn pokemon when need be, but the story would be lost, which is something I'm sure they care about.

And besides, with the way the Anime is going, we're sure to see some filler at some point, which would be an ideal time to have the remakes.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
That's what I'm worried about.. them just throwing Hoenn into the Gen VI games as a post-story thing. Whenever we visit Hoenn again, I want it to be a remake or a brand new story there like what B2W2 was to B/W. I don't want Hoenn to be a second region in a game since I want a story there too, Hoenn is too beautiful to just be thrown into a game as an extra region.

But yeah, we'll likely see what were getting next in Jan/Feb when we begin to get more movie details!

Last edited:

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
hm...there's usually 3-4 main series games to a Generation
(Stadium, XD, etc aren't main series)
Gen I: RBY
Gen II: GSC
Gen III: RSE/FRLG
Gen IV: D/P/Pt, HGSS
Gen V: BW/B2W2
Gen VI: RSE/???

who knows, they may even create a whole new region and introduce more pokemon x.x

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
hm...there's usually 3-4 main series games to a Generation
(Stadium, XD, etc aren't main series)
Gen I: RBY
Gen II: GSC
Gen III: RSE/FRLG
Gen IV: D/P/Pt, HGSS
Gen V: BW/B2W2
Gen VI: RSE/???

who knows, they may even create a whole new region and introduce more pokemon x.x

True but the fact we have sequels could mean we are done with usual

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Why some people think Hoenn remakes will be in GenVI? if there's a reason then the next game
could be Pokemon Grey which I doubt will happen.

Maybe it's like this:
FR/LG ----2004---- 10th anniversary of Pokemon
HG/SS ----2009---- 15th anniversary of Pokemon
Hoenn remake(s)--- 2014--- 20th anniversary of Pokemon.

Also 10th anniversary of Pokemon Emerald so they could make Emerald remake.

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Also 10th anniversary of Pokemon Emerald so they could make Emerald remake.
They didn't remake Crystal, so I don't see why they would remake Emerald. They'd probably just put in the Battle Frontier into the remakes of Ruby/Sapphire.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Ya know, I made a now locked thread about this, and now that I think about it, the timeline says that they won't. Black and White take place after Gold, Silver, Crystal, Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver. All of the previous remakes have taken place at the same time as the released generation, but Black and White take place in its own timeline, and Black 2 and White 2 take place continuing that timeline, placing the new time at least two generations ahead of the previous remake, and three generations ahead of Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. I would love a remake, but at least timeline wise, I don't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back