The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old October 10th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Nature: Calm
Pokemon: The Walking Dead (OOC/SU)

THIS IS AN M-RATED ROLEPLAY

Link to IC Thread

Pokemon: The Walking Dead takes place in the Kanto Region, several years after the events of Pokemon: Fire Red and Leaf Green. A strange virus has broken out across the planet, transforming both pokemon and humans alike into deathless beasts with a taste for blood. You take the role of one of the few survivors, fighting just to stay alive. Around every corner there are dangers, whether it's the undead, or the living scum of society. Will you prevail?

Plot
Spoiler:

Five years after the defeat of Team Rocket in Kanto, a new virus by the name of "Pokerus" began to enter the public eye. It was a disease that seemingly only affected pokemon, and with very few negative effects. Pokemon infected with the Pokerus Bacteria experienced rapid growth, as well as longer, healthier lives. First discovered by the sisterhood of Nurse Joys as they healed sick or wounded pokemon, news of this beneficial virus spread like wildfire.

Everyone, especially trainers, wanted to have their pokemon exposed to this new virus, and so people went about experimenting with the virus, discovering new and easier ways to pass it on. Over time, people began to discover that the disease could be transefered simply by allowing your pokemon to interact with infected individuals. Naturally, pokemon already infected with the virus became of high demand and eventually, mega-corporations sprung up and began charging massive amounts to infect one of your pokemon so that you could spread it to the rest of your party.

As the virus became ever-more popular, professionals such as the Pokemon Professors entered the fray, diverting their research to the study of this new virus entirely. Professor Oak of Pallet Town discovered that the virus was actually a new form of pokemon life, attaching itself to hosts and feeding off of their bodily wastes in order to thrive.

The trend didn't last long, however. As more and more pokemon became exposed to the Pokerus Virus, they began to develop an immunity to it as they would other diseases. As Pokerus no longer became a viable way of enhancing pokemon, the supposed "Great Pokerus Boom" ended, and the world more-or-less returned to normal....Or so everyone thought.

One thing that had been overlooked about Pokerus, is that like most pokemon, it could EVOLVE. As it became ever-more pressed to survive, the Pokerus Virus began to change into a whole new entity entirely.

Pokemon infected with the disease gradually began to become sick and die across the globe. Trainers and pet-owners alike flooded the pokemon centers world-wide in a frenzied attempt to help their beloved friends, backing up and essentially shutting down global healthcare.

Within days, deceased pokemon began to come back to life as monsters, feeding on their trainers and whatever pokemon were still left living, throwing the planet into a state of world-wide panic.

As the newly resurrected pokemon feasted on humans, the disease started to form a second branch, this one with the ability to infect them, and the population began to decline rapidly until very few living human beings and pokemon were left.

Eventually, even the god-like legendary pokemon were beginning to become affected by Pokerus......But before they could change, Arceus took action and recalled them to his realm, leaving only Mew, the legendary dog-pokemon, and Lugia to act as protectors to the few survivors that remained.

The end of the world had come about.

You
Spoiler:

You take on the role of one of the many survivors of the virus. Either through witts or dumb luck, you managed to avoid becoming a brain-eating zombie, and now you're on a mission: To survive. You don't have to be a trainer, for they weren't the only ones who survived. Officers, Breeders, Doctors, Professors, and many other kinds of people have survived the apocalypse as well. Challenges await you around every corner, and every second will be a struggle to survive. Not only do you have to worry about the hoardes of the undead, but also those people whom have gone bad to survive. Are you ready to face hell?

Notable Places:
Spoiler:

Each place in Kanto has its own threat level. A place's threat level can be anywhere from 1 - 5, 1 being relatively safe, 5 meaning GET THE HECK OUTTA THERE! Depending on each city's situation before the Pokerus Boom, each place has its own threats to deal with.

Pallet Town
Spoiler:

Threat Level: 2
Description:
As the few Trainers Pallet Town did produce generally left to tour the rest of Kanto, or even the world, there weren't many pokemon to be infected. The only reason this city hasn't been granted a Threat Level of 1 is Oak's Lab. Oak, like many other professors, had been studying the Pokerus Virus, and thus when it began to mutate, a few of his pokemon changed as well. Though the lab is an incredibly dangerous place, it is also home to vast collections of pokemon, still trapped in their pokeballs. Though one would have to be very stealthy to get in or out, there's a good chance that some of these trapped pokemon may not have the virus and need rescuing. His machinery will only sustain them for so long.(If you do enter Oak's lab and successfully take a pokemon, you do not get to choose what it is unless it is the pokemon you start with. If it's a pokemon you get later on down the line, it will be randomly generated for you. You may not take more than one.)

Cinnabar Island
Spoiler:

Threat Level: 1
Description:
Cinnabar Island is perhaps the safest place in Kanto. When the incident occurred, they were able to contain it, and since they're in the ocean, the only threats they face come in the form of Pokemon from the sea, though attacks such as this are rare because very few of them can survive on land.

Cinnabar is currently run by its Gym Leader, Blaine, who rules the island benevolently. He and the rest of the islanders reach out to whatever survivors are still remaining, offering them a safe haven from the destroyed world outside. They even offer a vaccine to cure infected persons, so long as they haven't already changed.

The only issue is getting there.....

Pewter City
Spoiler:

Threat Level: 3
Description:
Pewter City was home predominantly to rock-type pokemon, one of the few types that were immune to the mutated form of Pokerus. Due to its pokemon gym, and the scattered populations of normal-type pokemon, however, enough trainers were within the city for it to be entirely overrun. Pewter City wasn't a very bountiful city, and thus very few resources are to be found there, and though it's safer than Saffron or Celadon, it's not a very desireable place to be.

Cerulean City
Spoiler:

Threat Level: 4
Description:
Cerulean was both a large city and a major hub for trainers before it fell victim to the disease, and thus it was COMPLETELY overrun when the dead began to rise. One of the only safe spots left in the city is its pokemon gym, where Misty is generally kind enough to give haven to any traveler who is caught within its streets. Though Cerulean isn't particularly bountiful, it isn't exactly resource-depraved either, so it may be worth taking a look.....

Vermillion City
Spoiler:

Threat Level: 3
Description:
There are no survivors left in Vermillion. When the dead rose, those few that were still living fled to the S.S. Anne and sailed several miles out to sea. The survivors are still there, but getting on board the boat would be very difficult because its passengers are very un-trusting... Vermillion wouldn't be a city worth entering if it wasn't for its vast supply of goods. Since it had a decent harbor, it was a center for trade, and several large warehouses dot the shore. Who knows what treasures may be hidden there?

Lavender Town
Spoiler:

Threat Level: 1
Description:
Besides Cinnabar, Lavender is probably one of the safest places in Kanto. It was home primarily to ghost-type pokemon. Since ghost-type pokemon like Ghastly are already dead, it's impossible for them to become undead a second time. Lavender is a rather small town with little to offer, so it doesn't have very much of a population. The pokemon tower is still home to many Ghost-type pokemon, however, so assuming manage to get your hands on a pokeball, a visit could be worth your while. The wooden boardwalk that usually connected Vermilion and Lavender town was completely torn apart by a freak storm soon after the infection started, so you may need to take a detour through the forests, risking undead pokemon.

Saffron City
Spoiler:

Threat Level: 5
Description:
THE most dangerous town in Kanto. It was its biggest city, and because of the massive population of humans and pokemon it used to have, its population of the undead is expansive. Not only do you have to worry about the undead, but bandits as well. It's nearly impossible to get out of the city once you've entered, and because of that, people began to grow violent in order to get ahold of the few supplies there were to go around. Rumor has it that Sabrina is still alive, somewhere in the city, and protects the weak wherever she goes.

Viridian City
Spoiler:

Description: In Viridian city, you don't have to worry about the undead as much as you do bandits. Since Viridian was originally the home of their leader, several remnants of Team Rocket still remained inside the city, even after Giovanni had died to the infection. These remnants, lead by James, ambush anyone to enter the city, taking their pokemon and using them to further ensure their survival.

Fuscha City
Spoiler:

Description:
The Safari Zone is the most troublesome place in Fuscha. Because the city had gone out of its way to stockpile pokemon, massive amounts of the undead rose up when the Pokerus mutated, overrunning the city in massive swarms. The most pre-dominant of these undead is a staggering beedrill population, which kept their co-operative traits even within death.

Celadon City
Spoiler:

Threat Level: 5
Description:
Celadon City is now sometimes called "The City of the Dead". It was the hub for all of the Pokerus companies, and thus almost every pokemon in the city had the Pokerus virus in some form or another. These days, you can't even turn a street corner without running into two or three of the undead. This is one city that you want to avoid at all costs. Even its Mega-Mall and all of its resources are -NOT- worth entering the city.

NPCs

Spoiler:

NPCs are not to be controlled without a GM's permission. In most cases, if you have need to interact with one of these characters, a GM will take on the role.

Blaine
Spoiler:

Blaine is the current Leader of the survivors of Cinnabar Island. He was the Island's gym leader before the world went to hell, and so he's also the strongest trainer on the island. Preferring to rely on his own strength, he did his absolute best to keep his pokemon from obtaining Pokerus, even going so far as to making challengers give their pokemon a cure he had commissioned in order to keep them from giving his pokemon the disease. He's incredibly wise and warm-hearted, but if you attempt to harm him, or anyone else on the island, he will NOT hesitate to kill you.

James
Spoiler:

An ex-member of Team Rocket, he was generally one of the weaker links of the team, but all of that changed when his Meowth caught the Pokerus virus and proceeded to kill his best friend and lover, Jesse. This death caused something to chance inside of him and he became a cold-hearted murderer, dead-set on making the lives of everyone around him miserable. If you come across him with a pokemon, be prepared, because he'll probably try to take it, even if he has to pry it from your cold, dead hands.

Misty
Spoiler:

When the undead struck Cerulean City, Misty fell back into her gym with what few survivors remained, heavily barricading it. Today, she and the remaining survivors live in fear that they will eventually be found-out and overrun. A generally kind, if head-strong woman, she strives to help anyone foolish enough to attempt to pass through the city.

Sabrina
Spoiler:

Just before the collapse, Saffron City's gym leader, Sabrina, was thought to have gone insane. Throughout the last few days of civilization, she went about telling anyone that would listen that she had not only seen, but SPOKEN to a Mew. Nobody believed her, of course, and when the dead had finally overrun the city, she dissappeared. Some assumed her to be dead, others thought she may have ran off in search of her mew.

Rules
Spoiler:

1. NO ITEMS MADE SPECIFICALLY AS WEAPONS. This includes guns, Machetes, Tazers, anything of the sort. The pokemon universe does not have these. If you are to have a melee weapon, it must be something along the lines of a baseball bat, a pipe, an axe, or any other tool or various item made specifically for a usage other than combat.

2. No controlling NPCs without a GM's permission.

3. Make sure that the items you manage to scavenge are reasonably balanced. If it's something that may tip things too far in your favor, a GM may ask you to revise your post. If you're unsure, just consult one of us.

4. Stay Active. Anyone inactive for a week or more, without giving prior notice, will be booted from the roleplay. If they're gone for only a few days, or longer with prior notice, you may bunny them with permission.

5. Pking is legal, but PLEASE try to keep it to a minimum. If you die, feel free to submit a new application.

6.PLEASE KEEP ALL GRAPHIC SCENES TO A -MINIMUM-. I will have to report them to the forum moderator or else I'll get in trouble myself.

SU
Spoiler:

Unlimited Slots, the Roleplay will start when we have a few accepted people.

Name:
Appearance(Picture can be provided in its place):
Personality:
History(How did you avoid the infection, what was life like leading up to it? 6 lines minimum):

Pokemon(2 maximum, types immune to the disease include rock-types and ghost-types. You are not required to have one of these two types, but keep the infection in mind if you don't.):

Moves(6 Max):

Opening Post(8-10 lines minimum):

Mechanics
Spoiler:

I don't want to make the mechanics too complicated, mainly because I want this to be more of a free-form roleplay, but for this to work, I do need a few simple ones.

Zombies:
The Undead within this roleplay are very similar to the ones found in the AMC series, The Walking Dead. The zombies react to sight, smell, and sound. They cannot feel pain, and the only method of killing them is by a blow to the head. The zombies are alot slower than they were while alive, but because they're not restricted by pain or exhaustion, their strength is multiplied ten-fold. Getting caught by one can be lethal.

The undead that take the form of a pokemon possess only physical attacks from when they were alive. You won't see an undead Charizard using Blast Burn.

Wild Pokemon:
Wild pokemon are incredibly rare because of the infection, but they are not unheard of. Most of the weaker, less intelligent pokemon were picked off early on in the apocalypse, but a great deal of the more powerful and intelligent ones survived. These survivors found within the wild are either incredibly difficult to defeat, or so small that they have an easy time of hiding. Whenever you intend on coming across or capturing a wild pokemon that is not of the undead, please run it by a GM first.

Evolving and Learning New Moves:
There are very few restrictions on this specific aspect of the roleplay. When you feel your pokemon is ready to evolve, you may do so. If you wish for your pokemon to progress and learn new moves, there has to be a reasoning behind it. A GM reserves the right to make you revise your post if they feel you haven't given good enough reasoning.

Immune Types:
The types immune to the disease include Rock-type pokemon, Ghost-type pokemon, Steel-type pokemon, or any pokemon without a solid form(I.E., Slugma or Grimer).

Any pokemon of a type that is not listed here is susceptable to the Evolved Pokerus. If the pokemon of choice is of mixed-type, I'll give you a ruling on whether or not they're immune upon posting your Sign-up.

Catching the Disease:
You catch the disease through the usual methods. A bite from an infected pokemon has a 100% chance of transmitting the disease. Other ways to be infected are by interacting with a sick pokemon or person that has yet to die, or to have any residue from an infected pokemon enter your bloodstream through a wound. Wounds caused by claws or anything similar have an incredibly small chance of transmitting the disease(About 5%), but the possibility is still there. If you're unsure as to whether or not something has infected you, ask for a GM ruling.

Accepted Characters

Last edited by Pppgggr; November 11th, 2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Updated accepted characters
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Nature: Serious
Let's see... just played the Walking dead episode three... I am SO getting in this! Sign me up for a reservation please!
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greiger View Post
Let's see... just played the Walking dead episode three... I am SO getting in this! Sign me up for a reservation please!
I'll make a reserved slot spoiler and then put more details on the zombies up in a second. I might wanna go more in-depth on how the mechanics will work as well.

edit: Unlimited slots, no need for a reserved list
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM
OrangeNess
Layton Lover

Nature: Docile
I know I haven't signed up, but I will. I was wondering if poison pokemon would be immune to the disease, considering they are disease themselves. By poison I mean pure poison, not bulbasaur or oddish because they are also grass type.
Old October 18th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeNess View Post
I know I haven't signed up, but I will. I was wondering if poison pokemon would be immune to the disease, considering they are disease themselves. By poison I mean pure poison, not bulbasaur or oddish because they are also grass type.
I'll add that to the mechanics. Rock-type pokemon, Ghost-type pokemon and Steel-type pokemon are immune as of now.
Old October 19th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Yay! ^.^ This rp is going to rock! Finished!

Name: Nyx (Has abandoned birth name for a much simpler name.)

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Nyx is a teenager with a short crop of hair on her head that she cut down so that it would be harder to grab. While not athletically built, she is fast enough to outrun the slow moving zombies and limber enough to fit through small openings that a normal sized adult would have a hard time getting through. After hearing rumors about how being bit would cause you to die Nyx switched out her wardrobe for something more protective. She now wears a long sleeved blue shirt with a sleeveless black jack over it. She wears long blue jeans with brown boots. Not one for being subtle, Nyx proudly wears her wrench on her belt. She has managed to also come across a black hat that she wears to stay warm during the time she travels around. On her back she has a blue backpack that stores all of the light supplies. Cubone has a smaller gray backpack that also holds items.

A majority of her clothes and face have dirt and grim on them and Nyx's face isn't one that is all smiles since a majority of the time she frowns or has an indifferent look about her.

Personality:
Spoiler:
Although she is rather young Nyx has already learned how to survive in this new world. For starters, she thinks of one thing above anything else, herself and the two she travels with. Since she already has a system going she will do anything to ensure that it continues running smoothly, such as ambushing the few survivors who would try to pick a place clean before she can get to it. She now sees the world as a place where only the strongest can survive and if she manages to kill another survivor than it is obvious to her that he or she would have died anyway and that she managed to perform a mercy killing on them. Due to all the various scourgers and people she has killed her feelings of horror at the various things that have happened during the outbreak have greatly diminished. She no longer screams at the sight of a man having his head ripped off or of having to kill a scourger that is a small child.

The only times she will make contact with another surviving group or person is if she sees something on their person that she needs and the force is too large to ambush or if she needs help with getting an item. Other than that she only hangs out only with pokemon for the most part. It has been because of her separation from other humans for so long that she finds that whenever she engages in casual conversation she often stammers and is unsure of how to talk about other topics not concerning the scourgers.

Nyx often finds herself wrestling with tough decisions and favors a safe approach to raiding stores of their valuables. If the situation isn't safe Nyx won't go for whatever is there unless she needs it desperately. She tends to stay away from high threat cities due to the nightmares she has of escaping Celadon, although if she can get something good from the city, then she'll take the opportunity to do so.

History:
Spoiler:
Nyx's family lived in Celadon city when the infection hit. At first, it was a huge blessing. Although Nyx only owned her Cubone she really didn't see the Pokerus as a big deal to herself. Cubone was only there to act as partner to her whenever she hiked. Her world turned upside down when undead pokemon began to flourish throughout Celadon. Since her parents were gone from the house she simply locked up her home when she saw huge mobs of pokemon and people outside killing others. That wasn't enough and the scourgers ended up entering through the windows of her home due to the security system going off and she quickly fled into the attic with Cubone and stayed up there for some time before she gathered the courage of coming back down. The alarm was still going off, but the scourgers had gone off to other areas when they couldn't find any living beings to eat. When she saw the chaos outside she knew she needed to get out of the city and gathered a few supplies to take with her. Out in the streets she saw many people and pokemon who had survived the initial attack being killed in the street. While they screamed out for her to help them she instead ran past with Cubone. Due to sheer blind luck she managed to find a route out of the city without that many scourgers blocking her way.

Once she got out she wandered for a few days before deciding to go back to Celadon City to see if the city had been cleaned up... it hadn't been. Instead it was more infested than when she had left! Desperate to know what was going on she instead headed to Lavender Town. The town still had working televisions and the residents were more than happy to inform her that the world had gone to s**t and the dead were rising. It didn't help her spirits that the area only had limited supplies. The television had said that destroying the brain would be able to kill off those that were undead.

With a heavy heart Nyx set off to Pewter City since there was also rumors that rock types couldn't be infected. Her hopes were dashed when she saw scourgers all over the area. She gained further insight when she noticed another group of survivors managing to break into a sports shop and setting off the alarm. The scourgers were on them in an instant and further studying showed that they went to wherever there was noise. Luckily the sports shop had a big enough group to hold the scourgers attention and she managed to raid a tool shop. With a wrench in hand Nyx set off to other shops rather quickly, spending only a few minutes at each one but was able to come out with some medicine that had been left behind. Not one to let a opportunity pass her, especially in the scourger filled town she only took that which was needed, which was only the wrench and supplies, and proceeded out of town.

While time passed rather quickly for her nothing dramatically different happened really. She just kept up her routine of gathering necessary supplies from Pewter City. It was one day when she entered the city that she came upon some corpses of undead she had managed to kill a week before when she noticed a pokeball on one of the corpses. Seeing it as an opportunity to catch another rock type she left the city with it, but upon opening it a uninfected Grovyle was released. After calming down the panicked grass type she bluntly informed him that his trainer was dead and that he worked for her now. Although not enthusiastic at first she happily informed him that she could just leave him out in the wilderness to get killed off. After that he changed his tune, although he was still wary around her.

Now with two pokemon Nyx left Pewter to find another town she could pick clean and hopefully survive a bit longer in this new world.

Pokemon: Cubone
Spoiler:

Personality: Cubone has been with Nyx since the whole fiasco started. Since she is her original trainer Cubone feels a lot of loyalty toward Nyx and never questions her orders. With her bone Cubone is able to perform many feats, such as breaking windows in a building to set off the alarms and quickly draw the scourgers to it. She too like Nyx is wary around other survivors and agrees fully with her master about mercy killing other survivors.
Moves: Bone Club, Earthquake, Bonemerang, Rage

Pokemon: Grovyle
Spoiler:

Personality: While Nyx doesn't know much about Grovyle, the grass-type has been fair enough about pitching in when she does need help. Truth of the matter is that Grovyle is still concerned about finding his trainer, not believing Nyx that he is indeed dead. Grovyle is rather wary around Nyx, but if the opportunity arises he wants to get free from her and look for his trainer.
Moves: Leaf Blade, ???, ???, ??? (Nyx only knows that Grovyle knows Leaf Blade since she hasn't had much practice with battling with him.)

Opening Post:
Spoiler:
The weather wasn't that bad today. Not too hot, but not too cold either. There was a light breeze that caused the trees to sway a bit. There was the sound of shoes crunching against the grass and dirt as three humans walked through the forest. Only one had a backpack on, and by the look of it, it was only half full of stuff. The three were talking in rather low voices as they moved along. One of them did have a hatchet in his hands, and by the blood on it, it looked like he had a lot of practice with it. The three looked young, around twenty years old. Obviously the three had done well to survive this long, but in the end not everyone lived and this was now a time where the strong survived. The three were obviously very surprised when suddenly a loud ringing echoed in the forest. The ringing got louder and louder as the three looked around confused and the one with the pack quickly pulled it off and put his ears to it to try and see if the sound was coming from one of the contents in there. The sound got louder and louder until it seemed that it was right above the three's heads. Then... the sounds of loud moaning and groaning began to echo around the forest.

The three began to look around worriedly as numerous scourges began to emerge from the trees. Perhaps they weren't as great friends as she previously though when one of them looked at the sheer number of zombies and quickly began to run back where they had entered the area from, but he was soon screaming as he ran past a tree and was grabbed by a scourge and bitten into. The one with the hatchet reached out and began to dig his weapon into the scourger's skulls. A few fell to his attacks but as more and more scourgers emerged they just crowded around him too much and grabbed onto him as they tore into his body while he screamed out. The last one didn't put up much resistant, more along just whimpering and then screaming as he was eaten. As time passed eventually the screams fell silent as the ringing noise suddenly stopped. The scourgers continued to eat but after a while they stopped and just stood for some time before heading off into random parts of the forest once more. After a while, give or take a few seconds the three bodies that had previously been feasted on began to stir. Slowly the three stood up and groaned a bit as they walked off as well. Two minutes passed by before a figure dropped from a tree and landed softly on the ground. Nyx smirked as she saw the hatchet that had fallen to the ground and picked it up. There was a soft thump as Cubone dropped to the ground as well and looked around with her bone raised just in case. She was shortly followed by Grovyle who looked rather sick as he gazed at the blood on the ground. Nyx pulled out her wrench as she put her new hatchet on her belt and approached Grovyle with the wrench.

"Here, hold onto this and you can have a few more inches that will separate you from them."

Grovyle frowned and shook his head. "Either death or life. What do you want?" She asked callously. "Besides, they don't need it anymore."

The Grovyle paused and grabbed the wrench. "Good, now let's get going." She said as she grabbed the cell phone she had lent Grovyle and pocketed. Although there was no one to call the ringtones could still prove to be valuable distractions. Cubone walked tall next to her master while Grovyle just sported a shamed look on his face as he followed after the two.

Last edited by Greiger; October 22nd, 2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Greiger, I have one issue with your opening post, but otherwise your're accepted. You never mentioned what the ringing was....
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Well actually I did. I talked about the cell phone and how ringtones could be such great distractions. In essence the ringing was the ringtone being played.
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

I don't see how I missed that....
Old October 19th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

Hehe, it's all good. Anyway, can't wait to get this started!
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

See if you can get some of your buddies to join in. Other than Orange, you're the only one to show any interest.
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

*Salutes* Will do grand GM! Might be best to just announce it on the discussion board about how super cool this rp is!
Old October 19th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

I didn't think I could do that.....Isn't it considered spam?
Old October 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Greiger
A mad mind... hehe

The RP discussion thread is to discuss and advertise rps. It's okay if you do it every so often, not every single day do you say you have an rp, but just to get some interest. I did it with mine when I started the Shattered Era.
Old October 20th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Ok, I went ahead and posted on the discussion thread. Hopefully a few more people notice it....
Old October 20th, 2012, 01:25 PM
XLegionxX
Blackwood is rising!

Sir, Would you please allow me a reservation to your delightful role play?

Old October 20th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLegionxX View Post
Sir, Would you please allow me a reservation to your delightful role play?
No need for reservations, there're unlimited slots
Old October 22nd, 2012, 01:49 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

I'm in. SU in the works, will be posted later today...
Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:16 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Ok Ice, Can't wait. You'll be our second applicant and a few more are interested.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Name: Rick Cawlins

Appearance: Rick is tall and reasonably well built. He generally wears a muscle shirt under army fatigues, which are slightly worn. He has short cut, blond hair, and a slight goatee. His eyes are blue, but they are hidden most of the time behind his black sunglasses. He is overall grungy looking, even though he washes at every opportunity. On most occasions, Rick wears an ax on his belt.

Personality: Rick is the chivalrous type who never backs from a challenge. He is very strategic, using the Walkers' abilities against them. Rick isn't hostile to other survivors, but will not hesitate to attack anyone hostile to him or his group. He tends to remain calm, but can become angry in a heartbeat. He judges people based on aptitude, with those that can fight the walkers well being more preferable to one who hasn't used a knife outside of the kitchen. However, he will shelter anyone that hasn't been infected to the best of his abilities.

History: Being a part of the police force, Rick had to keep physically fit. He was based in Viridian, but was mostly in other towns. He had been assigned Aggron as a partner, and Rick soon grew attached to him. Once the Pokerus Boom hit, there was much pressure for him to get Aggron infected. However, Rick persisted, his philosophy bein that this Pokerus was exactly like Steroids, it's good for a time, then it goes bad. Little did he know how right his assumption was. Soon, Pokemon started becoming immune to the Pokerus. Many outraged trainers started small riots, which Rick was sent to help break up on many occasions. Rick simply followed orders, not bothering to worry about the drop in the economy that the region was facing.

One day, without warning, his orders stopped coming, and he heard of a disaster with a new mystery disease. Once he returned to HQ, he found dead bodies everywhere, and a single charmander standing in the middle of the room, blood on its face. Aggron quickly disposed of it, and Rick left town quickly. He then started hearing the screams. Throughout the city, many were learning what Rick had just observed. The dead weren't remaining dead...

Rick soon left Viridian, picking up a large ax from a sporting goods store window on the way out. He didn't hesitate to decapitate every Pokemon in his way, not caring if they were infected or not. He walked to Lavender town, where he prepared for a journey accross the region. He walked all the way to Celadon, where he had lived before, to find the Walkers everywhere. He had no choice but to run, finding an empty Semi trailer. He made this trailer his temporary stronghold until the undead lost interest. As soon as the coast was clear, he ran out of the city, ending up in the middle of a forest. There, with Aggron's help, he made a more permanent stronghold. He eventually cleared an area next to a route, making a near-impenetrable cave. He protected anyone that came across his path, earning the title 'the General'. One traveller, a young lady with a ghastly persuaded him to travel to Cerulean with her. He now lives in the Gym there, regularly helping to clear the area around it of the undead, Pokemon or human.

Pokemon: Aggron
-Moves: Iron Defense, Iron Claw, Dig, Earthquake, Guillotine, Smack Down

Opening Post: Rick rolled off the mat that he slept on. He was the first one up, as usual, so he went out the front door quietly. He sat behind the barracades that he had planned, and looked over the ocean at the rising sun. He released Aggron from his ultra ball, and the mountainous Pokemon stood next to him. They didn't say or do anything for over five minutes, then Steven, his only true friend in the gym society, came and joined them.

"Ready for our morning run?" He asked, and Rick nodded. He went back inside, and grabbed his machete from next to his bedroll. He strapped it on, and left, being sure to notify Misty, who was up. Rick walked back outside to see that Steven had been talking to Aggron.

"Let's go." Rick said. He unlocked the many deadbolts on the metal door, and returned Aggron, who wouldn't fit, to his ball. The group went out, Steven closing the door behind him, flinching slightly as the automatic locks engaged.

"Got one. At your ten." Steven said, as he was leading. Rick saw the human, a female, shuffling towards them. Rick sheathed his machete, and drew a hatchet that he had picked up in lavender town. He threw it, his aim being dead on. The walker slumped to the ground, uttering a low groan. Rick retrieved his throwing knife, decapitating the Walker for good measure. The duo finished their daily circuit, not encountering any more Walkers. Misty was delighted to see them back, as she always did, and they continued with their daily lives.

Last edited by IceFyr1928; November 7th, 2012 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Fixeded le histoire
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

Ice, I think you misunderstood the part about the "Immunity" when it came to pokerus....There wasn't any malpractice in the industry that would have required police investigation. Pokemon just obtained a natural resistance to the disease overtime. It's like when you get a vaccination. They expose you to the disease in small amounts and so your body builds up a resistence. The same happened with the pokerus.

Also, the undead weren't caused by the industries. Being a microscopic species of pokemon itself, the Pokerus evolved.

Anyways, you're accepted....Just get that part of your history fixed up.

Last edited by Pppgggr; October 22nd, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
Love the walking dead signing up for this :3

Name: Natasha Reddings

Appearance:
Spoiler:

She has a scar on her right arm.

Personality:
Spoiler:
Natasha is a very tough an un-trusting girl. She's been on her own since the start of the infection and is a real fighter, she's more athletic than she is girly, though before the infection started, she was a girly girl, which is why the only surviving outfit she has includes a skirt. She knows how to take care of herself, and that's all she's doing. She doesn't want to be part of a group, in fact she will refuse to. She doesn't trust other people, due to one betrayal. Natasha isn't afraid to kill, or anything because she will do what she has to do to survive. To her if that means kill another living being in order to keep herself safe, then that's what she will do. Natasha rarely smiles anymore, she has nothing to be happy about after all, she's an orphan in a world infested with Zombies.

History:
Spoiler:
When the infection started Natasha was a happy go lucky girly girl living in Fuscha City, she had three Pokemon, a Misdreavus, a Bonsly, and a Persian all of which she had caught in the Safari Zone. When the infection started, her Persian Felina died quickly, Natasha and her family were unaware that the infection would make Felina come back as a walker...but she did. Natasha was forced to watch as her beloved Persian killed both her parents and little brother. Scared and shocked, Natasha grabbed the fire poker from it's spot next to the fireplace and killed her now zombie Pokemon. Gathering her things together, what non-perishable food she could find, she made sure she had her other Pokemon and fled from Fuscha as fast and quietly as she could.

As she was fleeing Natasha spotted a boy she knew from town. Jarrod Watkins, who was untying a boat from a dock. Upon spotting her he grabbed her arm and helped her in, saying they were going to Cinnabar Island he figured it might be safe there. Though several days later, when the two teens stopped to rest on one of the Seafoam Islands, Natasha was woken up when she heard the sound of her weapon scraping across the rock ground. Looking around she spotted Jarrod had taken the fire poker from her side and was prepared to kill her with it. When she asked him why, she was told that his plan all along had been to kill her for her Pokemon and Supplies. In her anger, she killed Jarrod without hesitating. Now, she's getting ready to get back in the boat, and continue on to Cinnabar Island.

Pokemon:
Spoiler:
Senka (Misdreavus Female)

Moves: Shadow Ball, Hex, Mean Look, Psybeam, Power Gem, Psywave

Pokemon:
Spoiler:
Dimitri (Bonsly Male)

Moves: Rock Tomb, Rock Slide, Faint Attack, Rock Throw, Copycat, Mimic

Opening Post:
Spoiler:
Natasha sighed looking up at the sky. it was early morning, so most of it was still black, and she could still see the moon and the stars. On the edge of the horizon, she could see the purple, orange, red and other colors of the sunrise just barely visible. With a sigh she glanced to her right at the body of Jarrod. The boy had been foolish in trying to betray her like that during the night, but she had no choice other than to kill him. She wasn't going to regret it.

"That's the last time I trust someone" she muttered, promising herself she wasn't going to make the same mistake. From now on, she would be on her own, just her and her Pokemon. With another sigh Natasha stood from her spot seeing the sun starting to rise in the sky, it was time for her to head off. Picking up her blood stained fire poker Natasha put it through her belt to keep it near her side. Then she grabbed her bag, and the bag that had belonged to Jarrod previously and without another look at her former companion she walked away and towards the boat. "Time I get heading to Cinnabar Island, just because I'm not gonna trust anyone doesn't mean I'm not gonna go to a safe place" she said to herself as she dropped the two bags in the boat.

Taking a breath the 18 year old girl brushed a piece of her black hair out of her face and started to push the boat from the shore towards the water. Soon enough the boat was in the water, the anchor down so it wouldn't float off before she could get in it. What she wasn't expecting was to feel something slimy wrap around her ankle and tug her into the water. Struggling Natasha managed to get her leg free and surface, pulling her weapon from her belt as she backed up and coughed up water. Before her was scourge Tentacool. "not today" Natasha coughed out and with a single swing, took out the Tentacool.

"Time to get the heck out of here" she muttered dipping the fire poker in the water to clean it off before quickly getting in the boat cursing under her breath about now being soaking wet. Natasha lifted the anchor and started the engine sailing towards her destination.

Last edited by SylveonStar; June 29th, 2013 at 06:11 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Pppgggr
Cheese, for everyone!

....Why even post it if you haven't started?
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:18 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Cause then you just edit your post as you come up with ideas. My reasoning behind that he would go to the factories/companies is that once their Pokemon started to get sick, they would blame these companies, and report it to the police.

I'll still fix it though
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:40 PM
SylveonStar
Sylveon

Nature: Lonely
It was so that I would have a post to edit in case I got to tired, but I didn't and managed to finish it hope it's ok

Sponsored Links