The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Given my one visit to Grand Piraire I can certainly see how something tragic like that happen... I hope that everyone else is coping well with the tragedy though =(

As for poutine, ya I only get the regular type of poutine at NYF. It's a tragedy that the last time I went to Quebec, I didn't have time to get a "real poutine." It felt like going to Italy without trying pizza...
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
Given my one visit to Grand Piraire I can certainly see how something tragic like that happen... I hope that everyone else is coping well with the tragedy though =(
People are handling it rather well, but the next school day after it happened, it was just... Surreal. The hallways were so quiet, you could hear a pin drop. And they had counselors from all over the school district at the library to help the students and staff cope. Some teachers couldn't even stop from shedding tears.
Quote:
As for poutine, ya I only get the regular type of poutine at NYF. It's a tragedy that the last time I went to Quebec, I didn't have time to get a "real poutine." It felt like going to Italy without trying pizza...
I'd love to go to Québec just to try a poutine. omg. Seeing as I know French somewhat, it shouldn't be too hard to find my way around lol

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I always wanted to go to the Edmonton Mall. Being the biggest one in the world haha.
Here in Montreal, we got the biggest underground mall in the world tho, and kinda got tired of it lol x3
Old October 23rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

I've never been to the West Edmonton Mall, but I'm not the kind of person that finds a big appeal about going to a big mall. I guess working in one does kind of kill that as a fun activity, though. But, I do have some family up in Edmonton, so maybe one day I'll end up going just to say that I did.

And I've never been a big fan of gravy, so I'm not all that fond of poutine, but my sister absolutely loves it. This got me to thinking about other foods that you can only find in Canada, and was surprised to see that aside from small specialty stores, Aero, Caramilk and Coffee Crisp chocolate bars can't be found in the US (and they call them candy bars, not chocolate bars).
Old October 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

I was at the West Edmonton Mall 2 times. I had so much fun the two times I was there, though. I really want to go back and shop though.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old October 23rd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I don't think that it's the biggest mall anymore... and it's just like the Montreal underground mall: if you live there, you get tired of it or that it loses its specialty. It's just a very big mall lol.

And really, for guys, there's nothing to buy there XD; Not all, but most of the shops there are for the ladies, and you better be loaded if you intend to spend an entire day shopping in West Edmonton Mall...
Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
And really, for guys, there's nothing to buy there XD; Not all, but most of the shops there are for the ladies, and you better be loaded if you intend to spend an entire day shopping in West Edmonton Mall...
Given the fact that this is me, I'll find something that catches my attention. I somehow always manage to find something that grabs my...

Shiny thing!

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:20 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Literally the only store I remember being in West Edmonton Mall aside from a Yogen Fruz was an HMV. XD I was 6 when I moved away.

But any mall gets boring when you live near it. My parents live about 10 minutes away from Vaughan Mills right now which is a huge American-style mall that's a pretty big tourist attraction (I assume because it's also across the street from Wonderland) and it's one of my least favourite malls for being so crowded and so boring. :(

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 24th, 2012, 11:53 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Any mall can become boring if you go there alot. But if you go in different malls around the world, you'll be walking around it unlike the mall that you live 10 minutes right next to haha.
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Any mall can become boring if you go there alot. But if you go in different malls around the world, you'll be walking around it unlike the mall that you live 10 minutes right next to haha.
We have a local mall, but I've only been there a few times, although I know what it offers. I wouldn't say that I find it boring, but I just know what's there, mostly clothing stores, and I'd just go there to window shop.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old October 24th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I'm pretty sure that you do that for all malls for the most part: window shop. Just a lot of nothing to do around here in Alberta, or maybe just my lifestyle... most of the time hanging out for me involves visiting friends' place or inviting them to come over and that's it. Not too much of going out to any shop or any particular places lol.
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that you do that for all malls for the most part: window shop. Just a lot of nothing to do around here in Alberta, or maybe just my lifestyle... most of the time hanging out for me involves visiting friends' place or inviting them to come over and that's it. Not too much of going out to any shop or any particular places lol.
There's a theater, book store, tons of clothing stores, a food court, and a few other assorted stores that are part of chains, like Shopper's Drug Mart and The Source by Circuit City. That's really it, though.

Oh and there's one barber's shop there too.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old October 25th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Unfortunately, that just sounds like any other shop XD;

Other "canadian" things: how's hockey for everyone though? I'm totally not a sports person and don't find it all that exciting XD Honestly can't care about it, but what about everyone else?
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:53 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

I've got alooot of Montreal Canadien fans here, and when they lose a match, I just laugh at everyone saying our home team sucks now and they kep saying they'll win the cup next year. But been like 19 years they haven't won it haha.
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Quote:
Unfortunately, that just sounds like any other shop XD;

Other "canadian" things: how's hockey for everyone though? I'm totally not a sports person and don't find it all that exciting XD Honestly can't care about it, but what about everyone else?
Even though I'm a fan of an American team (I just can't bring myself to cheer for the hometown Canucks), I absolutely love both playing and watching it. The fact that there have been 4 work stoppages in the last 20 years, including this one, makes it hard for me to love the NHL, though. It baffles me that players and team owners are shutting the league down because the players don't want a ~12% paycut, even though their average yearly salary is $2.5 million. I would gladly take a 50% paycut if it meant getting paid to do something I love. Oh well, at least TSN and Sportsnet usually replace hockey with... poker?
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

I'm kinda sad for the lockout this year. I do watch hockey often, but there's still basketball and the MLB Postseason to watch. I'm not a fan of CFL though.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old October 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I don't really pay much attention to sports especially now that I don't have cable or anything, but I hear enough about the Leafs through the grapevine that I stay informed. Not that there's much to be informed of because they suck every year. (You'd think that since I'm not really attached to any team I'd pick a team that doesn't suck but my dad would disown me. :P)

...although thus far they have a perfect season! They haven't lost a single game!

tumblrtwitter

Old October 25th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I remember that tweet about the Leaf having a perfect game and I totally laughed XD;

In general you'll think that Canada will be better in hockey than others considering how it's our national sport... I remember talking with someone in PC, and she said that "my friend has only heard of Edmonton because they were insane enough to play hockey outdoor when it's -30C". Can't say that Edmonton Oilers are much better, not that I like watching hockey or anything on TV these days XD; at least we did come close to winning at least once within the past 19 years =P
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

:( Isn't Edmonton in danger of losing the team right now? I haven't heard a whole lot about it since I don't pay close attention to NHL news but I thought I'd heard something about looking for an arena and possibly moving the team?

tumblrtwitter

Old October 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

There's some talks about it because Edmonton is talking of building a new arena, yet the taxpayers aren't too happy with the price tag... so there's some issues going on there. For the meantime though, I think that the team is still going to stay. However I'm a bad person to ask since I too don't pay much attention to NHL. The only thing I know about the NHL is the recent lockout that's related to salary issues.
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
:( Isn't Edmonton in danger of losing the team right now? I haven't heard a whole lot about it since I don't pay close attention to NHL news but I thought I'd heard something about looking for an arena and possibly moving the team?
Yeah. The owner, Daryl Katz said that if they can't come up with a solution to a new arena, that he'd relocate the team to Seattle.

That means there wouldn't be any Battles of Alberta to look forward to anymore D:

Just, like, renew the lease to the Rexall Center or something ffs.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old October 26th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Yeah. The owner, Daryl Katz said that if they can't come up with a solution to a new arena, that he'd relocate the team to Seattle.

That means there wouldn't be any Battles of Alberta to look forward to anymore D:

Just, like, renew the lease to the Rexall Center or something ffs.
The only problem with Rexall Place is that the building is near 40 years old, and it wouldn't be worth the $75 million to renovate just to keep it running for another 6 or 7 years. Also, I think the whole moving the team to Seattle was just used as a bluff, as the KeyArena is smaller, and in even worse shape than Rexall.

If there absolutely has to be a relocation, I would think that Quebec City or the Hamilton areas would be better options than Seattle, simply because the NHL knows it would get much more revenue moving the team there (just like Atlanta relocating to Winnipeg).
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
The only problem with Rexall Place is that the building is near 40 years old, and it wouldn't be worth the $75 million to renovate just to keep it running for another 6 or 7 years. Also, I think the whole moving the team to Seattle was just used as a bluff, as the KeyArena is smaller, and in even worse shape than Rexall.

If there absolutely has to be a relocation, I would think that Quebec City or the Hamilton areas would be better options than Seattle, simply because the NHL knows it would get much more revenue moving the team there (just like Atlanta relocating to Winnipeg).
It would be nice to have the new arena, but the price tag is just way too much. He's a billionaire - he should pitch in a large amount of the money. I'm pretty sure he can make it all back.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old October 26th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

And then there's me as the Edmontonian of this club: "where's Rexall Place?" XD

I know it's in Edmonton surely but I've never been there, and if you give me pictures of 5 buildings, I will fail that multiple choice question of "which of the following is the Rexall Place?"

All I know is that I hope the team DOES'T make it to the semi/finals again, cause no mater if we win or lose, there's massive riots, random destruction and crap to handle afterward in the city's Whyte Avenue, where all the bars are. Sigh... Why can't we Canadians watch sports peacefully, isn't that right Vancouver?
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

Quote:
And then there's me as the Edmontonian of this club: "where's Rexall Place?" XD

I know it's in Edmonton surely but I've never been there, and if you give me pictures of 5 buildings, I will fail that multiple choice question of "which of the following is the Rexall Place?"

All I know is that I hope the team DOES'T make it to the semi/finals again, cause no mater if we win or lose, there's massive riots, random destruction and crap to handle afterward in the city's Whyte Avenue, where all the bars are. Sigh... Why can't we Canadians watch sports peacefully, isn't that right Vancouver?
Oh god I remember that a few years ago when Edmonton was in Game 7 of the finals (If Dwayne Roloson wasn't hurt, we would have won that hands down imo) and the outcome of that Game 7 caused a lot of issues that were on the local news for days after. Myself, I've never been to Rexall Place, so I wouldn't know where it is either.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here