The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 20th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Answering the topic:

Until the 4th Gen, the most underrated Steel Type was Mawile because it can learn only a few Steel type attacks and a lot of dark type attacks. People could not make use of its Attack. It gets a lot of improved in Gen 4th and later on so the the underrated Steel Type for these Gens is probably Registeel with the same logic AlexOzzyCake said.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old October 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan143 View Post
Until the 4th Gen, the most underrated Steel Type was Mawile because it can learn only a few Steel type attacks and a lot of dark type attacks. People could not make use of its Attack. It gets a lot of improved in Gen 4th and later on.
Hmm, Mawile is actually a pretty fascinating Pokémon to me, I've never really given it much of a thought when thinking about Steel types and yet it's such an interesting Pokémon.

So, I have a few questions... What exactly makes Mawile a pure Steel type? Is it just the hair thing...? And what exactly is that long hair thing anyway? It looks like a huge pair of jaws but that just seems utterly ridiculous so does anyone know? And another question; with a base stat total of 380 and only two decent stats (decent only being 85 in this case), how can Mawile possibly a good Pokémon to use in battle? Does anyone have a Mawile that they've used previously that they'd like to describe? It'd help a lot in understand this... thing. xD I get that the whole idea of this Pokémon is trickery and deceiving, but it's moves don't seem to reflcet that... Although if anything I'd say it should be Steel/Dark, or at least Steel/Normal - it doesn't warrant being one of the only three pure Steel type families in my opinion :p

Anyone have any thoughts about this puzzling Pokémon? :3
Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:22 PM
Totodilesteel99
Lord of Awesomeness

Nature: Jolly
Username:* Totodilesteel99
Partner Pokemon:* Empoleon and Metagross
Answer to current topic:* Klinglanf or Ferrothorn? Klinglang
Contribution(s):
If you are wondering why you are receiving cookies it's because i feel like it.
If you still reading now your just stupid. ;D

Join my Forum!
pokemasters.freeforums.org

Old October 25th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Hmm, Mawile is actually a pretty fascinating Pokémon to me, I've never really given it much of a thought when thinking about Steel types and yet it's such an interesting Pokémon.

So, I have a few questions... What exactly makes Mawile a pure Steel type? Is it just the hair thing...? And what exactly is that long hair thing anyway? It looks like a huge pair of jaws but that just seems utterly ridiculous so does anyone know? And another question; with a base stat total of 380 and only two decent stats (decent only being 85 in this case), how can Mawile possibly a good Pokémon to use in battle? Does anyone have a Mawile that they've used previously that they'd like to describe? It'd help a lot in understand this... thing. xD I get that the whole idea of this Pokémon is trickery and deceiving, but it's moves don't seem to reflcet that... Although if anything I'd say it should be Steel/Dark, or at least Steel/Normal - it doesn't warrant being one of the only three pure Steel type families in my opinion :p

Anyone have any thoughts about this puzzling Pokémon? :3
According to it's Pokedex entry in Ruby:

MAWHILE's huge jaws are actually steel horns that have been transformed. Its docile-looking face serves to lull its foe into letting down its guard. When the foe least expects it, MAWHILE chomps it with its gaping jaws.
(Yes it says MAWHILE! Typo?)

But I still don't get its huge jaws. Was that the result of some evolution? I wonder if it can actually eat through those things, or if they're just for show.

Anyway, I think I had a Mawile once on my Ruby team for a little while, before I realised it wasn't much of a battler. I did use my Mawile in Beauty contests though. A lot of the moves it knew were pretty good for Toughness Contests, especially the Stockpile-Spit up/Swallow combo.

And I agree that it should be a Steel/Dark, considering it's design is all about deception. Plus, like half of the attack moves it can learn are Dark-type anyway. It's odd that a pure Steel-type would know a lot of Dark-type moves.

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old October 29th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Totodilesteel99
Lord of Awesomeness

Am i accepted?
If i am, i do agree.
Mawile should be Dark/Steel.
And Dark, should be it's main type.
It doesn't look as much of a Steel Type.
I would say, it would be a Dark Type, if it wasn't for it's Pokédex.

Join my Forum!

Old October 30th, 2012, 02:21 AM
enigmα.
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichob10 View Post
Hello everybody, you can call me Jericho! In my pokemon black game the first pokemon i traded for was my scarmory and i raised it to lvl 100 and it was the first pokemon on that game that i did that with. So i am proud to say that a steel pokemon has been my ally from the very begining.

Username: Jerichob10 (call me jeri or jericho)
Partner Pokemon: Scarmory
Answer to current topic: I think the best steel legendary is dialga because of its look and its power. It is a great pokemon overall and deserves more attention then it gets.
Hiya Jericho, I'm sorry to say this but your membership is rejected due to you not choosing two partner Pokemon. Please choose another one & inform me, thanks in advance~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoraDAZ3R3D View Post
Hi!

Username : DoraDAZ3R3D.
Partner Pokemon : Lucario and Scizor
Answer to current topic:
Who is your favorite Steel type legendary?
I have none (Yeah, I know, I'm a boring player...)
Who is your Least favorite Steel Type legendary?
Heatran, because of its design
Hola Dora, welcome to the club~ Please enjoy your time here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totodilesteel99 View Post
Username:* Totodilesteel99
Partner Pokemon:* Empoleon and Metagross
Answer to current topic:* Klinglanf or Ferrothorn? Klinglang
Contribution(s):
Herro Steel, nice name you've got there~ Thanks for joining & please have fun!

Hello everyone, sorry for the sudden leave a few weeks ago but now I'm back & ready to go! I would like to thank all of you for keeping this club 'alive' during my absence~ OK, I have a new topic up, memberlist updated & everyone's quiz answers so expect the results soon! See ya all soon~!
Old November 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

I'm curious, how come Beldum is our featured Pokémon? :3 It's effectively just a lump of floating metal that can repeatedly ram into things to hurt them... is that worthy of being the 'featured Pokémon'? xD Personally I reckon we should have Registeel instead! It's a really cool and underrated Pokémon for the reasons I've said above so it's definitely a good fit for being featured. :D What do you guys think deserves to be featured?

As for the current topic, that really depends 100% on which Pokémon you're using so it's not really that easy to answer... but I guess in general I train Steel types to be defensive and stall quite a lot whilst taking hits for other Pokémon, they're usually really good at doing that!
Old November 3rd, 2012, 10:40 PM
enigmα.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I'm curious, how come Beldum is our featured Pokémon? :3 It's effectively just a lump of floating metal that can repeatedly ram into things to hurt them... is that worthy of being the 'featured Pokémon'? xD Personally I reckon we should have Registeel instead! It's a really cool and underrated Pokémon for the reasons I've said above so it's definitely a good fit for being featured. :D What do you guys think deserves to be featured?

As for the current topic, that really depends 100% on which Pokémon you're using so it's not really that easy to answer... but I guess in general I train Steel types to be defensive and stall quite a lot whilst taking hits for other Pokémon, they're usually really good at doing that!
Erm, I normally write the names of all the Steel type Pokemon & make a random pick but if you prefer Registeek, so be it~!

As for my answer to out current topic, I prefer to prioritize my Steel types' Attack. Their Defense is already good enough for me so I train them to become Attack powerhouses.

Notice: The quiz's results will be out soon but due to my DS being fixed, the prize-giving will have to be delayed. Hope you'll understand~
Old November 3rd, 2012, 11:06 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Answering the topic:

I prefer Attack for Steel types because they already have high defense. And most Steel types learn Rock,Ground,Steel and even Fighting type moves to make use of their attack.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old November 8th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Totodilesteel99
Lord of Awesomeness

Why is the featured Pokémon Registeel?
If you want me to talk about Registeel, I'll say what I think of him now.
Registeel, was never my favorite Regi.
I always preferred Regirock, but that's me.
I caught a Registeel for one reason: To transfer to Diamond to get a Regigigas!
Yeah, Registeel is OK, but my favorite Steel Legendary is Dialga. Yayz!

Join my Forum!

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links