The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #7376    
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:08 PM
MrSandman64's Avatar
MrSandman64
Pokemon Moon Creator
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male

Advertise here
how do I check which starter pokemon you picked so that the rival can pick the pokemon strong against it?
  #7377    
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:49 PM
SnowPin
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario
Gender:
Nature: Calm
I'm new to this whole thing, I'm just trying to get a basic script down but I can't seem to get it working...

I've followed several guides all that pointed me to the same way I'm doing it but I've noticed a few things.

What I've done -

Code:
#dynamic 0x2DD1DA

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @gary1 0x6
release
end

#org @gary1
= Hey,\nI'm waiting on Gramps...\pI want my new Pokémon already!!
I got the offset from FSF from my ROM, I opened the rom in XSE, compiled it, copied it, put it into the Script offset leaving the $.

What I've noticed is that when I go into the game and talk to the guy I made, it makes the "Beep" sound as if I activated it and started talking, but then it just freezes...

When I look back at the offset in AM the offset is different then the one I put in.. Is that the cause of this problem?

If someone could give me a hand that'd be awesome! I've searched through many videos and tried to look for threads but none seem to be fixing my problem.

Thanks!
  #7378    
Old October 24th, 2012, 11:08 PM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPin View Post
I'm new to this whole thing, I'm just trying to get a basic script down but I can't seem to get it working...

I've followed several guides all that pointed me to the same way I'm doing it but I've noticed a few things.

What I've done -

Code:
#dynamic 0x2DD1DA

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @gary1 0x6
release
end

#org @gary1
= Hey,\nI'm waiting on Gramps...\pI want my new Pokémon already!!
I got the offset from FSF from my ROM, I opened the rom in XSE, compiled it, copied it, put it into the Script offset leaving the $.

What I've noticed is that when I go into the game and talk to the guy I made, it makes the "Beep" sound as if I activated it and started talking, but then it just freezes...

When I look back at the offset in AM the offset is different then the one I put in.. Is that the cause of this problem?

If someone could give me a hand that'd be awesome! I've searched through many videos and tried to look for threads but none seem to be fixing my problem.

Thanks!
Try using #dynamic 0x800000 it's much convenient and has a lot of Free-Space in it... It's a much safer.
__________________
  #7379    
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:01 AM
SnowPin
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario
Gender:
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
Try using #dynamic 0x800000 it's much convenient and has a lot of Free-Space in it... It's a much safer.
Tried changing...

change the offset in the script, compiled into rom, put offset on the script in AM saved and tried again, same thing happens.

GO in game > Talk to script NPC > Beep, Freeze > Close rom > open AM > Offsets different than the one i put in...

Hmmm. Im stumped.

Edit: err, now im going crazy.

I got it to work, not sure what i did, was trying a bunch of stuff.

Moved the script outside of the start house to outside oaks lab, doesn't show up anymore.

I click open script and there's a random script in there that I never made, dont know what it is... but it's huge...

Last edited by SnowPin; October 25th, 2012 at 01:02 AM.
  #7380    
Old October 25th, 2012, 03:20 AM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPin View Post
Tried changing...

change the offset in the script, compiled into rom, put offset on the script in AM saved and tried again, same thing happens.

GO in game > Talk to script NPC > Beep, Freeze > Close rom > open AM > Offsets different than the one i put in...

Hmmm. Im stumped.

Edit: err, now im going crazy.

I got it to work, not sure what i did, was trying a bunch of stuff.

Moved the script outside of the start house to outside oaks lab, doesn't show up anymore.

I click open script and there's a random script in there that I never made, dont know what it is... but it's huge...
By any chance did you put 2 zero's before you type your offset? so if you used #dynamic 0x800000 then the offset that you're going to use in A-map is 00800000. And are you sure you compile it to the Right Rom and copy the offset properly? :/
__________________
  #7381    
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:55 AM
SnowPin
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ontario
Gender:
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajaros View Post
By any chance did you put 2 zero's before you type your offset? so if you used #dynamic 0x800000 then the offset that you're going to use in A-map is 00800000. And are you sure you compile it to the Right Rom and copy the offset properly? :/
Oh... If I put an offset in I gotta add 2 0's to the front?

edit: tried putting 2 0's in front, still no luck.
  #7382    
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Teh Blazer's Avatar
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'MERICA
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPin View Post
Oh... If I put an offset in I gotta add 2 0's to the front?

edit: tried putting 2 0's in front, still no luck.
Why do you do all this stuff for one message box? Wouldn't it just be easier to use "msgbox @1 0x2" instead of all of those commands?
__________________
Coming soon...
  #7383    
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:34 AM
raging-inferno-1986
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Hi, I'm trying to get the beep to play when the [!] appears, but it won't work.
Code:
 #dynamic 0x800000  #org @start lockall sound 0x15 applymovement 0x1 @move1 waitmovement 0x0 applymovement 0xFF @move2 waitmovement 0xFF textcolor 0x02 msgbox @talk1 0x4 textcolor 0x03 fanfare 0x13E preparemsg @talk2 waitmsg waitfanfare msgbox @talk3 0x4 closeonkeypress setvar 0x406C 0x1 setflag 0x82F releaseall end  #org @talk1 = [player]!\pYou should put these on before\nyou go on your adventure.  #org @talk2 = [player] received the NEW SHOES\nfrom MOM.  #org @talk3 = [player] switched shoes with the\nNEW SHOES.  #org @move1 #raw 0x62 #raw 0x3 #raw 0xFE  #org @move2 #raw 0x10 #raw 0x12 #raw 0xFE
How do i fix this? Any help is appreciated. Sorry code won't post on multiple lines.
  #7384    
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:35 AM
SeoCypher
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
@Pokepie
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokepie View Post
I'm trying to make it so that after I finish a battle, I return back to talking with the NPC, such as when you beat a rival, gym leader, Elite 4 member in a Pokemon match, you would resume talking to them after you win, instead of needing to talk to them again.

I am using PKSV. I'm very new to it so I'm taking parts of generated and example scripts and putting it together.

How can I do this?

Part of the script that's the problem:
after trainerbattle, change the first 0x0 to "0x4" (Gym battle) or "0x9" (Special kind of battle that allows you to give them extra messages when you win or lose, then automatically continues the script)
0x4 would be simplest, it's basically a normal battle that automatically continues the script once the battle is over, rather than ending it. The setup for 0x4 is almost identical to 0x0, but 0x9 requires some other syntax that I can't really explain at the moment. You can look that up in most XSE or PKSV tutorials.


NOW FOR MY QUESTION:
NOTE: Reposted from the Simple questions thread, this place seems like a better place for it, even if it is a little hardcore

Game: Pokemon FireRed
Type: HEX/XSE/Pokescript for music
Editor: XSE/PKSV

I've been on these forums awhile, but never posted posted once, hiya!

Anyway, I'm not EXACTLY sure if my question fits this thread, so apologies.
Question:
So far the only way to change what music plays at any given time in FireRed (specifically in battle) is MMX's Music Replacement hex code thing, right?

I'm trying to use it, but I've only been learning hex for about 3 weeks (because relying on tools is for noob hackers).
Here's the main routine, as you can see it's not changed from the one at sfc.pokefans.net
(just go to the lessons page, "Fancy Knowledge #3." I'm not at 15 posts yet and I don't think you would appreciate me gumming up your forum trying to reach 15 before posting this. The site is just there for reference, hopefully all the information needed is in this post)

Spoiler:
0071DB20 FE B4 05 1C 1B 48 20 49 00 F0 33 F8 00 22 90 42 þ´...H I.ð3ø.".B
0071DB30 0B D0 03 88 1B 49 8B 42 07 D0 AB 42 05 D1 17 48 .Ð.ˆ.I‹B.ЫB.Ñ.H
0071DB40 19 49 00 F0 26 F8 05 88 12 E0 13 48 16 49 00 F0 .I.ð&ø.ˆ.à.H.I.ð
0071DB50 20 F8 00 22 90 42 0B D0 03 88 12 49 8B 42 07 D0 ø.".B.Ð.ˆ.I‹B.Ð
0071DB60 AB 42 05 D1 0E 48 10 49 00 F0 13 F8 05 88 FF E7 «B.Ñ.H.I.ð.ø.ˆÿç
0071DB70 28 04 FE BC 0D 4A 04 B4 0D 4A 0E 49 40 0B 40 18 (.þ¼.J.´.J.I@.@.
0071DB80 83 88 59 00 C9 18 89 00 89 18 0A 68 01 68 10 1C ƒˆY.É.‰.‰..h.h..
0071DB90 00 BD 08 47 14 10 00 00 15 10 00 00 16 10 00 00 .½.G............
0071DBA0 17 10 00 00 FF FF 00 00 55 E4 06 08 0F D1 1D 08 ....ÿÿ..Uä...Ñ..
0071DBB0 9C 32 4A 08 CC 32 4A 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 œ2J.Ì2J.........


And my edited musicloader:
Spoiler:
01 49 08 47 00 00 20 DB 71 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00


The game loads perfectly, all music and sounds: check.
however, I have been, as of yet, unable to actually REPLACE any music.
quick example:
Spoiler:

#org 0x74079A
setvar 0x1014 0x109
setvar 0x1016 0x10A
trainerbattle 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x87407C5 0x87407D9
msgbox 0x87407E9 MSG_NORMAL '"I can also say something after the..."
setvar 0x1014 0x10A
setvar 0x1016 0x109
end


'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x7407C5
= I will crush you!!!

#org 0x7407D9
= You crushed me[.]

#org 0x7407E9
= I can also say something after the battle

(Yes I know it's in pokescript. The website specifically says pokescript, and who am I to argue with the great and powerful overlords known as the people who can actually hex?)

The music values are just there for test, I forgot which is which, I actually created TWO scripts that flops them around.
I'm TRYING to replace basic battle music. What I replace it with isn't important at the moment, I'm testing this in a clean ROM before even daring to attempt it on my hack, which uses an extended music table.
I am not EXACTLY sure what the problem is, but I may have narrowed it down:
a. I'm just using the wrong music values?
b. I'm just using the setvar command wrong? (unlikely imo, setvar isn't that hard)
c. There has been some babble about variable values being the cause of most, if not all problems had with this loader, if that is the case, help me out!
d. I derped up a pointer or something. Very likely.

EDIT:
Ran a quick test, trying to change the overworld music for Pallet, didn't work. Not sure if it's just the map header overriding what I put in, but that leads me to think it might be a problem with the hex or syntax, not the actual music values.

Whatever the problem is, please point me in the right direction for fixing it! (Or if this is the wrong thread, please point me to the right one!)

Thank you so much in advance!

Last edited by SeoCypher; October 27th, 2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Added more information, answered pokepie's question
  #7385    
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM
IamInnocent's Avatar
IamInnocent
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: My mind... I'm lost?
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Okay, so I had this personality setflag checkflag script which does not work properly. The ROM that is used is Pokemon Ruby. I use XSE and put them in the same map. Everytime it goes into the result: ESTJ even though the choices are different.

Results script (I place it at a place where I have finish all the personality tests script):
Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x802000

#org @resultsbegin
lockall
checkflag 0x260
if 0x1 goto @resultsend
checkflag 0x301
if 0x1 goto @resultsexxx
checkflag 0x401
if 0x1 goto @resultsixxx

#org @resultsexxx
checkflag 0x302
if 0x1 goto @resultsesxx
checkflag 0x402
if 0x1 goto @resultsenxx

#org @resultsesxx
checkflag 0x303
if 0x1 goto @resultsestx
checkflag 0x403
if 0x1 goto @resultsesfx

#org @resultsestx
checkflag 0x304
if 0x1 goto @resultsestj
checkflag 0x404
if 0x1 goto @resultsestp

#org @resultsesfx
checkflag 0x304
if 0x1 goto @resultsesfj
checkflag 0x404
if 0x1 goto @resultsesfp

#org @resultsenxx
checkflag 0x303
if 0x1 goto @resultsentx
checkflag 0x403
if 0x1 goto @resultsenfx

#org @resultsentx
checkflag 0x304
if 0x1 goto @resultsentj
checkflag 0x404
if 0x1 goto @resultsentp

#org @resultsenfx
checkflag 0x304
if 0x1 goto @resultsenfj
checkflag 0x404
if 0x1 goto @resultsenfp

#org @resultsixxx
checkflag 0x302
if 0x1 goto @resultsisxx
checkflag 0x402
if 0x1 goto @resultsinxx

#org @resultsisxx
checkflag 0x303
if 0x1 goto @resultsistx
checkflag 0x304
if 0x1 goto @resultsisfx

#org @resultsistx
checkflag 0x304
if 0x1 call @resultsistj
checkflag 0x404
if 0x1 call @resultsistp

#org @resultsisfx
checkflag 0x304
if 0x1 call @resultsisfj
checkflag 0x404
if 0x1 call @resultsisfp

#org @resultsinxx
checkflag 0x303
if 0x1 call @resultsintx
checkflag 0x403
if 0x1 call @resultsinfx

#org @resultsintx
checkflag 0x304
if 0x1 call @resultsintj
checkflag 0x404
if 0x1 call @resultsintp

#org @resultsinfx
checkflag 0x304
if 0x1 call @resultsinfj
checkflag 0x404
if 0x1 call @resultsinfp

#org @resultsestj
msgbox @estj 0x6
setflag 0x451
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsestp
msgbox @estp 0x6
setflag 0x452
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsesfj
msgbox @esfj 0x6
setflag 0x453
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsesfp
msgbox @esfp 0x6
setflag 0x454
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsentj
msgbox @entj 0x6
setflag 0x455
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsentp
msgbox @entp 0x6
setflag 0x456
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsenfj
msgbox @enfj 0x6
setflag 0x457
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsenfp
msgbox @enfp 0x6
setflag 0x458
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsistj
msgbox @istj 0x6
setflag 0x459
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsistp
msgbox @istp 0x6
setflag 0x460
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsisfj
msgbox @isfj 0x6
setflag 0x461
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsisfp
msgbox @isfp 0x6
setflag 0x462
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsintj
msgbox @intj 0x6
setflag 0x463
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsintp
msgbox @intp 0x6
setflag 0x464
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsinfj
msgbox @infj 0x6
setflag 0x465
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @resultsinfp
msgbox @infp 0x6
setflag 0x466
setflag 0x260
goto @resultsend

#org @estj
= You are an ESTJ.

#org @estp
= You are an ESTP.

#org @esfj
= You are an ESFJ.

#org @esfp
= You are an ESFP.

#org @entj
= You are an ENTJ.

#org @entp
= You are an ENTP.

#org @enfj
= You are an ENFJ.

#org @enfp
= You are an ENFP.

#org @istj
= You are an ISTJ.

#org @istp
= You are an ISTP.

#org @isfj
= You are an ISFJ.

#org @isfp
= You are an ISFP.

#org @intj
= You are an INTJ.

#org @intp
= You are an INTP.

#org @infj
= You are an INFJ.

#org @infp
= You are an INFP.

#org @resultsend
releaseall
end


Personality test scripts:
EorI
Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800300

#org @beforeeori
lockall
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 goto @eoriend
msgbox @eori1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @extra1
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @intro1

#org @eori1
= Do you prefer to be...\pYes=With Friends? Or...\nNo=Alone?

#org @extra1
msgbox @eori2 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @extra2
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @extra1intro1

#org @intro1
msgbox @eori2 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @extra1intro1
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @intro2

#org @eori2
= Are you naturally more of a...\pYes=A talker? Or...\nNo=A listener? 

#org @extra1intro1
msgbox @eori3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @intro2
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @extra2

#org @eori3
= Do you think you are more...\pYes=Low energy? Or...\nNo=High energy? 

#org @extra2
msgbox @eoriendmsg 0x6
setflag 0x301
setflag 0x200
goto @eoriend

#org @intro2
msgbox @eoriendmsg 0x6
setflag 0x401
setflag 0x200
goto @eoriend

#org @eoriendmsg
= ... ... ... ... ...\pI see...\pWell, there are 3 more quizzes coming.\nHave fun!

#org @eoriend
releaseall
end

SorN
Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800200

#org @beforesorn
lockall
checkflag 0x230
if 0x1 goto @sornend
msgbox @sorn1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @sense1
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @intuition1

#org @sorn1
= Are you more...\pYes=Realistic? Or...\nNo=Imaginative?

#org @sense1
msgbox @sorn2 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @sense2
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @intuition1sense1

#org @intuition1
msgbox @sorn2 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @intuition1sense1
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @intuition2

#org @sorn2
= Do you more focus on...\pYes=The present, "here and now". Or\nNo=The future and the possibilities. 

#org @intuition1sense1
msgbox @sorn4 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @intuition2
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @sense2

#org @sorn4
= Are your random ideas...\pYes=More fantasized? Or...\nNo=More realistic?

#org @sense2
msgbox @sornendmsg 0x6
setflag 0x302
setflag 0x230
goto @sornend

#org @intuition2
msgbox @sornendmsg 0x6
setflag 0x402
setflag 0x230
goto @sornend

#org @sornendmsg
= ... ... ... ... ...\pI see...\pKeep on going, \v\h01.

#org @sornend
releaseall
end

TorF
Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x801000

#org @beforetorf
lockall
checkflag 0x240
if 0x1 goto @torfend
msgbox @torf1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @think1
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @feel1

#org @torf1
= Do you prefer...\pYes=Logic, concrete? Or...\nNo=Feelings, personal values?

#org @think1
msgbox @torf2 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @think2
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @think1feel1

#org @feel1
msgbox @torf2 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @think1feel1
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @feel2

#org @torf2
= Do you to made decisions based on...\pYes=Your Head? Or\nNo=Your Heart?

#org @think1feel1
msgbox @torf3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @feel2
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @think2

#org @torf3
= Are you more...\pYes=Empathetic? Or...\nNo=Objective?

#org @think2
msgbox @torfendmsg 0x6
setflag 0x303
setflag 0x240
goto @torfend

#org @feel2
msgbox @torfendmsg 0x6
setflag 0x403
setflag 0x240
goto @torfend

#org @torfendmsg
= ... ... ... ... ...\pOkay...\pYou are almost done.

#org @torfend
releaseall
end

JorP
Spoiler:
Code:
#dynamic 0x801200

#org @beforejorp
lockall
checkflag 0x250
if 0x1 goto @jorpend
msgbox @jorp1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @judge1
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @perc1

#org @jorp1
= Do you prefer to be...\pYes=Planned? Or...\nNo=Spontaneous?

#org @judge1
msgbox @jorp2 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @judge2
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @judge1perc1

#org @perc1
msgbox @jorp2 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @judge1perc1
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @perc2

#org @jorp2
= Do you generally...\pYes=Tackle one task at a time? Or\nNo=Have many tasks in progress?

#org @judge1perc1
msgbox @jorp3 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 1
if 1 goto @perc2
compare LASTRESULT 0
if 1 goto @judge2

#org @jorp3
= People describe your work place as...\pYes=Messy and disorganized? Or...\nNo=Neat and organized?

#org @judge2
msgbox @jorpendmsg 0x6
setflag 0x304
setflag 0x250
goto @jorpend

#org @perc2
msgbox @jorpendmsg 0x6
setflag 0x404
setflag 0x250
goto @jorpend

#org @jorpendmsg
= ... ... ... ... ...\pWell done.\pYou are finally done with the quiz.\pGo on to get your results.

#org @jorpend
releaseall
end


Thanks in advanced for those who can help me~
  #7386    
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Darkrai87
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPin View Post
I'm new to this whole thing, I'm just trying to get a basic script down but I can't seem to get it working...

I've followed several guides all that pointed me to the same way I'm doing it but I've noticed a few things.

What I've done -

Code:
#dynamic 0x2DD1DA

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @gary1 0x6
release
end

#org @gary1
= Hey,\nI'm waiting on Gramps...\pI want my new Pokémon already!!
I got the offset from FSF from my ROM, I opened the rom in XSE, compiled it, copied it, put it into the Script offset leaving the $.

What I've noticed is that when I go into the game and talk to the guy I made, it makes the "Beep" sound as if I activated it and started talking, but then it just freezes...

When I look back at the offset in AM the offset is different then the one I put in.. Is that the cause of this problem?

If someone could give me a hand that'd be awesome! I've searched through many videos and tried to look for threads but none seem to be fixing my problem.

Thanks!
Use Dynamic 0x800000, but before you do that could you tell me what version of XSE you're using? In XSE go to help, then about and tell me the numbers at the bottom right of the box that pops up. Ex. v1.0.2
__________________
Currently playing through: Pokemon Flora Sky
  #7387    
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Lugia_Da_Boss's Avatar
Lugia_Da_Boss
Togepi
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gender: Male
This(I think) is the wild battle command, as it's name suggests(I ripped this from Moltres' code): setwildbattle 0x91 0x32 0x0. Anyway, I was wondering which of those values next to it decides what Pokemon you are battling, if any of them do. I need to know this stuff because I'm currently unsure of how to set up my own legendary battles.
  #7388    
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:52 PM
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upside-downia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Da_Boss View Post
This(I think) is the wild battle command, as it's name suggests(I ripped this from Moltres' code): setwildbattle 0x91 0x32 0x0. Anyway, I was wondering which of those values next to it decides what Pokemon you are battling, if any of them do. I need to know this stuff because I'm currently unsure of how to set up my own legendary battles.
The setwildbattle command is constructed like this:

setwildbattle 0x[Pokemon number] 0x[Level of Pokemon] 0x[Item held]

All of the values are in HEX so once you convert them into decimal it turns out to be: setwildbattle 145 50 0, or in English, a Moltres (Pokedex number 145) at level 50 with no item attached.

Edit: Actually, Moltres is number 146 or 0x92 in the original script ;P
__________________

Last edited by DrFuji; October 28th, 2012 at 11:58 PM.
  #7389    
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Lugia_Da_Boss's Avatar
Lugia_Da_Boss
Togepi
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gender: Male
But that's what's weird, it was copied directly from the script.
  #7390    
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:05 AM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Da_Boss View Post
But that's what's weird, it was copied directly from the script.
Yup, I know what you mean maybe those specials have something to do with it. :/
__________________
  #7391    
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Lugia_Da_Boss's Avatar
Lugia_Da_Boss
Togepi
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Gender: Male
Oops...I know what the number problem is now. I copied from Zapdos' script and mixed up the two...
  #7392    
Old October 30th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Divider's Avatar
Divider
Grand Master Johto Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Johto
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Safari Zone Breakdown:

Anyone have any information regarding this, and how to make a custom safari script?

Please Forward to my inbox or vistor page. Thank you.
__________________

XSE - Adept Scripter
Advance Map- Intermediate Mapper
Current status - Freelance: No current project. Accepting script requests / team invites. Please contact me via skype for the fastest and most direct communication.
Status updated 10/30/2012
Soul Silver Friend Code: 5157 6168 0676

Breeding Notes: All my breeders have OT / Divider and TID: 02322. I hatch in the daycare. If it does not say hatched at "Pokemon Day Care" it's a clone or fake.
  #7393    
Old October 30th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Herpahermaderp's Avatar
Herpahermaderp
I liek Mudkipz
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Age: 16
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Herpahermaderp
Does anyone know how to set something to the likeliness of a virtual storage thing? I am trying to implement ATMs and banks, and I was wondering if there was any way to do that. It would use takemoney, then store the money it took at a variable, then when the player wants to take money from it, it would use givemoney, and it would check if there was that amount of cash in the storage, etc.
__________________
Y: Roak || 1177-8023-4387
  #7394    
Old October 30th, 2012, 09:51 PM
miksy91's Avatar
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: A small country in the North
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpahermaderp View Post
Does anyone know how to set something to the likeliness of a virtual storage thing? I am trying to implement ATMs and banks, and I was wondering if there was any way to do that. It would use takemoney, then store the money it took at a variable, then when the player wants to take money from it, it would use givemoney, and it would check if there was that amount of cash in the storage, etc.
You'll have to know assembly to do that.

Basically, instead of using "takemoney" command, you'll have to call an assembly code which has the similar effect to that command; take xx amount of money but store it somewhere in ram (by increasing this ram area with the amount of deposit (because there could have been money on your account already). Then you could also withdraw money from it by instead of "givemoney", you'd be using assembly code for giving money along with decreasing that amount of money from your account.
Along with the following, there of course have to be checks to see that the amount of money in that ram address cannot "increase to 0" (this is a byte related thing, FF + 1 = 00) and that you always have enough money to take from the account (if you don't, the money would "decrease to bigger numbers" (00 - 1 = FF)).

Not one of the easiest things to be done but if you want to learn how to do things like that, it's very much possible.
__________________
My Rom Hack



Hacks I support





Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations
  #7395    
Old October 31st, 2012, 04:58 PM
Renegade's Avatar
Renegade
Time for real life...
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
I'm having a problem with my level script. Everything works just fine, but at the end, the text box comes up saying "qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF"........ ect. And yes, I've already changed the script's #raw 0xFFFF to #raw 0x0. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
__________________
  #7396    
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:25 PM
tajaros's Avatar
tajaros
Hi I'm dawg
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Philippines
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
I'm having a problem with my level script. Everything works just fine, but at the end, the text box comes up saying "qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF"........ ect. And yes, I've already changed the script's #raw 0xFFFF to #raw 0x0. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Try deleting the level script. And Insert it again and do that all over again it should work. Or maybe you haven't saved it on A-map.:/
__________________
  #7397    
Old October 31st, 2012, 05:59 PM
DrFuji's Avatar
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Upside-downia
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
I'm having a problem with my level script. Everything works just fine, but at the end, the text box comes up saying "qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF qAF"........ ect. And yes, I've already changed the script's #raw 0xFFFF to #raw 0x0. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Can we see the level script?
__________________
  #7398    
Old October 31st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Renegade's Avatar
Renegade
Time for real life...
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Can we see the level script?
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
settrainerflag 0x2AD
settrainerflag 0x2AC
settrainerflag 0x2AB
settrainerflag 0x2AA
settrainerflag 0x2AE
message @t1 6
pause 0x10
applymovement 0x3 @m1
applymovement 0x4 @m1
applymovement 0xFF @m1
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
message @t2 6
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @m2
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
message @t3 6
showsprite 0x7
clearflag 0x572
applymovement 0x7 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
special 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2AD 0x0 @before1 @after1 @further1
end

#org @further1
fanfare 0x103
message @t4 4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x7 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x572
pause 0x20
message @t5 6
showsprite 0x8
clearflag 0x573
applymovement 0x8 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
special 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2AC 0x0 @before2 @after2 @further2
end

#org @further2
fanfare 0x103
message @t4 4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x8 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x8
setflag 0x573
pause 0x20
message @t5 6
showsprite 0x9
clearflag 0x574
applymovement 0x9 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
special 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2AB 0x0 @before3 @after3 @further3
end

#org @further3
fanfare 0x103
message @t4 4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x9 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x9
setflag 0x574
pause 0x20
message @t5 6
showsprite 0xA
clearflag 0x575
applymovement 0xA @m3
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
special 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2AA 0x0 @before4 @after4 @further4
end

#org @further4
fanfare 0x103
message @t4 4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0xA @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0xA
setflag 0x575
pause 0x20
message @t6 6
showsprite 0xB
clearflag 0x576
applymovement 0xB @m5
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
special 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2AE 0x0 @before5 @after5 @further5
end

#org @further5
fanfare 0x104
message @t7 6
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
message @t8 6
special 0x113
applymovement 0xFF @m6
waitmovement 0x0
giveitem 0x44 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
applymovement 0xFF @m7
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xB @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0xB
setflag 0x576
pause 0x20
message @t9 6
applymovement 0x7F @m8
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
special 0x0
setvar 0x5035 0x1
release
end

#org @m8
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @t9
= \c\h01\h08MASTER CONGO\c\h01\h02: Thank you all\nfor coming today!\pI hope to see you all in\nthe next tournament!

#org @m7
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @m6
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @t8
= \c\h01\h02\v\h01, come receive your\nreward for winning the SILVER\lRANK POKéMON TOURNAMENT!

#org @t7
= \c\h01\h08MASTER CONGO\c\h01\h02: The winner of this\ntournament is \v\h01!

#org @after5
= So, you had the wits to\nstand up to old HOWARD, huh?

#org @before5
= \c\h01\h08CAPTAIN HOWARD\c\h01\h02: I never thought\nyou would make it this\lfar.\pAs your opponent, I promise\nto give you a battle of\la lifetime!\pThis old sailor still has\nsome battle-spirit left\linside him!

#org @m5
#raw 0xD
#raw 0xD
#raw 0xD
#raw 0xF
#raw 0xF
#raw 0x2
#raw 0xFE

#org @t6
= \c\h01\h02Let's get on with the\nfinal battle!\pWhoever wins this battle will\nbe the champion of the\lSILVER RANK POKéMON TOURNAMENT!\pLet's get this battle underway!

#org @after4
= My powers didn't stop you.\nYou must be fated to\lwin this tournament!

#org @before4
= \c\h01\h04COMPETITOR\c\h01\h02: Everyone has psychic\nabilities, they just need\lto find it in themselves!

#org @after3
= Not only did I lose\nthe battle, but I also\llost some respect as a\lPOKéMON trainer...

#org @before3
= \c\h01\h08COMPETITOR\c\h01\h02: My POKéMON will\nlive up to their potential\lreputation!

#org @after2
= I couldn't defend\nmyself...

#org @before2
= \c\h01\h04COMPETITOR\c\h01\h02: I'll crush you\nlike a bug!\pBring it on!

#org @t5
= \c\h01\h02Let's get on with the\nnext battle!

#org @m4
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @t4
= \c\h01\h08MASTER CONGO\c\h01\h02: A great victory\nfor \v\h01!

#org @after1
= Oh man!\nYou're tough!

#org @before1
= \c\h01\h08COMPETITOR\c\h01\h02: I have to win\nthis battle!\pI'm doing this for\nmy family!

#org @m3
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x2
#raw 0xFE

#org @t3
= \c\h01\h02Welcome, everyone!\nTo the SILVER RANK POKéMON\lTOURNAMENT!\pI am your host!\nMy name is \c\h01\h08MASTER CONGO\c\h01\h02.\pThis will be a continuous five\nround tournament.\pAfter each battle, all of the\nwinning trainer's POKéMON will be\lcompletely healed.\pThe skilled trainer that wins\nthe competition will receive\la \c\h01\h06RARE CANDY\c\h01\h02 as an\laward!\pNow then, on with the\nfirst battle!

#org @m2
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @t2
= \c\h01\h02Thank you.

#org @m1
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1
= \c\h01\h08MASTER CONGO\c\h01\h02: Everyone quiet\ndown!
  #7399    
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:53 PM
itman
Back to ROM hacking. :D
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 20
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
settrainerflag 0x2AD
settrainerflag 0x2AC
settrainerflag 0x2AB
settrainerflag 0x2AA
settrainerflag 0x2AE
message @t1 6
pause 0x10
applymovement 0x3 @m1
applymovement 0x4 @m1
applymovement 0xFF @m1
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
message @t2 6
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F @m2
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
message @t3 6
showsprite 0x7
clearflag 0x572
applymovement 0x7 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
special 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2AD 0x0 @before1 @after1 @further1
end

#org @further1
fanfare 0x103
message @t4 4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x7 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x7
setflag 0x572
pause 0x20
message @t5 6
showsprite 0x8
clearflag 0x573
applymovement 0x8 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
special 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2AC 0x0 @before2 @after2 @further2
end

#org @further2
fanfare 0x103
message @t4 4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x8 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x8
setflag 0x573
pause 0x20
message @t5 6
showsprite 0x9
clearflag 0x574
applymovement 0x9 @m3
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
special 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2AB 0x0 @before3 @after3 @further3
end

#org @further3
fanfare 0x103
message @t4 4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0x9 @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0x9
setflag 0x574
pause 0x20
message @t5 6
showsprite 0xA
clearflag 0x575
applymovement 0xA @m3
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
special 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2AA 0x0 @before4 @after4 @further4
end

#org @further4
fanfare 0x103
message @t4 4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
applymovement 0xA @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0xA
setflag 0x575
pause 0x20
message @t6 6
showsprite 0xB
clearflag 0x576
applymovement 0xB @m5
waitmovement 0x0
pause 0x10
special 0x0
trainerbattle 0x1 0x2AE 0x0 @before5 @after5 @further5
end

#org @further5
fanfare 0x104
message @t7 6
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
message @t8 6
special 0x113
applymovement 0xFF @m6
waitmovement 0x0
giveitem 0x44 0x1 MSG_OBTAIN
applymovement 0xFF @m7
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xB @m4
waitmovement 0x0
hidesprite 0xB
setflag 0x576
pause 0x20
message @t9 6
applymovement 0x7F @m8
waitmovement 0x0
special 0x114
special 0x0
setvar 0x5035 0x1
release
end

#org @m8
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @t9
= \c\h01\h08MASTER CONGO\c\h01\h02: Thank you all\nfor coming today!\pI hope to see you all in\nthe next tournament!

#org @m7
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @m6
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0xFE

#org @t8
= \c\h01\h02\v\h01, come receive your\nreward for winning the SILVER\lRANK POKéMON TOURNAMENT!

#org @t7
= \c\h01\h08MASTER CONGO\c\h01\h02: The winner of this\ntournament is \v\h01!

#org @after5
= So, you had the wits to\nstand up to old HOWARD, huh?

#org @before5
= \c\h01\h08CAPTAIN HOWARD\c\h01\h02: I never thought\nyou would make it this\lfar.\pAs your opponent, I promise\nto give you a battle of\la lifetime!\pThis old sailor still has\nsome battle-spirit left\linside him!

#org @m5
#raw 0xD
#raw 0xD
#raw 0xD
#raw 0xF
#raw 0xF
#raw 0x2
#raw 0xFE

#org @t6
= \c\h01\h02Let's get on with the\nfinal battle!\pWhoever wins this battle will\nbe the champion of the\lSILVER RANK POKéMON TOURNAMENT!\pLet's get this battle underway!

#org @after4
= My powers didn't stop you.\nYou must be fated to\lwin this tournament!

#org @before4
= \c\h01\h04COMPETITOR\c\h01\h02: Everyone has psychic\nabilities, they just need\lto find it in themselves!

#org @after3
= Not only did I lose\nthe battle, but I also\llost some respect as a\lPOKéMON trainer...

#org @before3
= \c\h01\h08COMPETITOR\c\h01\h02: My POKéMON will\nlive up to their potential\lreputation!

#org @after2
= I couldn't defend\nmyself...

#org @before2
= \c\h01\h04COMPETITOR\c\h01\h02: I'll crush you\nlike a bug!\pBring it on!

#org @t5
= \c\h01\h02Let's get on with the\nnext battle!

#org @m4
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#org @t4
= \c\h01\h08MASTER CONGO\c\h01\h02: A great victory\nfor \v\h01!

#org @after1
= Oh man!\nYou're tough!

#org @before1
= \c\h01\h08COMPETITOR\c\h01\h02: I have to win\nthis battle!\pI'm doing this for\nmy family!

#org @m3
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x2
#raw 0xFE

#org @t3
= \c\h01\h02Welcome, everyone!\nTo the SILVER RANK POKéMON\lTOURNAMENT!\pI am your host!\nMy name is \c\h01\h08MASTER CONGO\c\h01\h02.\pThis will be a continuous five\nround tournament.\pAfter each battle, all of the\nwinning trainer's POKéMON will be\lcompletely healed.\pThe skilled trainer that wins\nthe competition will receive\la \c\h01\h06RARE CANDY\c\h01\h02 as an\laward!\pNow then, on with the\nfirst battle!

#org @m2
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0xFE

#org @t2
= \c\h01\h02Thank you.

#org @m1
#raw 0x3
#raw 0xFE

#org @t1
= \c\h01\h08MASTER CONGO\c\h01\h02: Everyone quiet\ndown!
Random things to toy around with that sometimes works:

1. Move the special 0x113 in the further5 to RIGHT before the move camera (applymovement 0x7F).

2. In the last text box (t9), change the colon to the hex version (i forget but it's in Diego's guide). Sometimes in my scripts using the colon screws up my script in certain messages, Idk why.
  #7400    
Old November 1st, 2012, 02:57 AM
Satoshi Ookami's Avatar
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Abyss of Time, Great Seal
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
@Kirito-kun~: Deleting level script is not a good idea... :D
It's better to work with the incorrect one and fix it (even if it means repointing to another location =))
__________________
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.