The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
I know you can travel down Route 417 from Drakebreath City. Since you can't Fly, the best option is traveling that back into Serenity City and heading south through Route 412, Mt. Zhery, Groment City, Route 411 (bring Strength), Mt. Shuem (bring a Lava Surf user), Emerny Town, Marfeny Lake (surfing across), Central City, Route 401, Yellow Town, into the lab. Retrace your steps to Serenity City (this is a great time to gain some experience while traveling the mountain areas BTW, or bring some Super Repels or Max Repels) then work your way back around (including Mt. Icestorm and the water Route 416) as Route 417 is one-way from Drakebreath City. You can't Fly until you reach Lauren and acquire the HM there.

Yes, cruel and a lot of traveling. I'm not looking forward to that. It would have been nice if instead of another huge loop that Drakebreath City was somewhere close to Yellow Town accessible via a late-received HM in the game, or one only useable after defeating the last Gym before the Tablet Trek. Perhaps another long Route could have been in between the two. (But seriously, come on - why can't we at least receive Fly by the 8th Gym instead of in the post-game? Why was there no HM-removable blocker on 417 instead to shorten the trek, with HM received in Drakebreathe or sometime after Snowce City? Just these little things could have been improvements...)

And while I'm at it, I'm now looking at the map. Where on Earth is Route 503? I don't even see data for it.

Cyclone
Did you already got HM2? If not, you can get it in one 0f the house in Serenity City.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

HM02 is located in Serenity City? I read that it's only available in Lauren. Serenity City is my next destination, so I will likely find it eventually. Which Gym clearing allows its use?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:54 PM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Quote:
HM02 is located in Serenity City? I read that it's only available in Lauren. Serenity City is my next destination, so I will likely find it eventually. Which Gym clearing allows its use?

Cyclone
You have to beat Serenity City's Gym to use it.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonGiratinaX View Post
You have to beat Serenity City's Gym to use it.
Ah. No more fears, then! I will press on and get it, then know I can finally get what I want from whatever shops carry them. :D

Frankly, I'm only one Route away once I re-cross Mt. Zhery. Just have to decide which Pokémon to take with me.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 24th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
how do i get in? there is a guy standing in front of the cave
Yeah, that flag bug happens often... move him outta there by using A-Map.

Quote:
I know you can travel down Route 417 from Drakebreath City. Since you can't Fly,
I wanted to say "Who said you can't use Fly?" and then someone beat me to it... :/
Damn time :/

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:06 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
So I'm in Drakebreath City and I have the final tablet and I know I need to go back to my hometown and visit Jasmine. What I want to know, is what is the quickest way to get there and the quickest way to get back to Drakebreath.
Have you picked HM Waterfall from Ash in Drakebreath's Mart?
Old October 24th, 2012, 02:15 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post

Yeah, that flag bug happens often... move him outta there by using A-Map.

I wanted to say "Who said you can't use Fly?" and then someone beat me to it... :/
Damn time :/
And I'am the one that beat you.
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
And I'am the one that beat you.
See Ash? Should be here more often than at 3 a.m.

Cyclone

Old October 24th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Noo. I don't think I saw him in the market. I'll look again.

I have a minor (maybe) problem. I failed to beat Zero in the Distortion world and ended up in front of the pokecenter in Drakebreath. The guy that was standing in front of the gym is now gone.

Was I suppose to beat Zero? if so, what happens when you do beat him, and am I okay to continue on or should I reload a save and try again?

Old October 24th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

To be safe, I'd load a prior save or save state. I never accept failure and always go back even after a basic loss as I don't want to miss something in any game.

Cyclone

Old October 24th, 2012, 06:55 PM
newhades17
Unhatched Egg

For some reason when i load the game i get white screen. works on my phone version, but wanted to try the pc version. I'm using the vba emulator. i know there arent different versions, just different ways to get them.
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhades17 View Post
For some reason when i load the game i get white screen. works on my phone version, but wanted to try the pc version. I'm using the vba emulator. i know there arent different versions, just different ways to get them.
Repatch the ROM or try another version of the ROM.

Meanwhile, MAJOR BUG ALERT (Route 412).

I was just mucking around on that right side of the lake when I ended up leaping over a log...and now I am waterlocked. To my good fortune, I am using savestates periodically while playing (writing a walkthrough, it helps with creating strategies), and resetting periodically so as to restore any odd data that might randomly be created, so I am not stuck and can go back to the Mt. Zhery entrance to the Route with no problem; I just want to warn anyone here not to run into the same bug. Consider it known, and I'm taking the liberty of doing something with that log (firewood anyone...actually, I just added a rock and left the right part of the log leapable) for a future build.

(And if you're wondering, yes, the rain was turned off for this image; I was running around creating screens for putting together a better looking version of the map than the editor shows. The rain is already back on in the working copy.)

In any case, the alternative is to end up in water battles (yes, the surfable tiles will activate battles if you were to actually change the flags to walk on them as well - this is a game thing, not a hack thing) until your Pokémon either get knocked out or you get run out of moves. In that case you wind up back at Groment City's Pokémon Center and back to Mt. Zhery you go.

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; October 24th, 2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Add.
Old October 24th, 2012, 09:58 PM
alo123
Munchlax Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Glad to see this finished and in English will download and play right now
Sign up using this link and you can earn free prizes like psn cards, xbox cards and more just for downloading apps on your phone or doing offers and surveys every 100 points equals a dollar and when you sign up with this link you get 250 points
http://www.points2shop.com/?ref=uin1355240952
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Well I reloaded my save and had to travel back to Yellow town AGAIN and then all the way back and inside the cave and blah blah blah. Long story short: I beat Zero, Captured the legendary pokemon, beat the gym leader, and now I'm going after the ELITE 4 ( :

Wish me luck!

Old October 25th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienhunterx View Post
Hey, I'm not some free bank giving Waterfalls... that's Red's job.
Don't make me do more than giving you the ticket so you can beat my lame clone =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:34 AM
newhades17
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Repatch the ROM or try another version of the ROM.

Cyclone
still didnt work, i even downloaded another copy of fire red. do the settings have to be set a specific way?
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Quote:
still didnt work, i even downloaded another copy of fire red. do the settings have to be set a specific way?
Try these options in the emulator setup:

1. Sound output mode: None (fastest).
2. Sound desired sample rate: Low (fast).

The first option might make it work without the second option though. So try it with just the first option and if it still doesn't work, try it with both options at the same time.
If it doesn't work, I'm no help then lol.

Old October 25th, 2012, 09:56 AM
PokemonGiratinaX
Will be always PGX

Quote:
This hack cannot be patched in FireRed ROM! It must be Ruby ROM.
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Indeed. There's your problem.

Cyclone

Old October 25th, 2012, 12:07 PM
newhades17
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOooooooh. thank you! stupid site said it was a firered hack. threw my ass off big time
Old October 25th, 2012, 01:02 PM
DVK
Hack based-God

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DVK
Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOooooooh. thank you! stupid site said it was a firered hack. threw my ass off big time
also Make sure your save type is Flash 128k.

Old October 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
newhades17
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK View Post
also Make sure your save type is Flash 128k.
please tell me i shouldnt be using visualboy advance, because i am, but it still wont work
Old October 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Quote:
please tell me i shouldnt be using visualboy advance, because i am, but it still wont work
Use NO$GBA emulator. Mine worked without any problems.

Old October 25th, 2012, 03:53 PM
newhades17
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
Use NO$GBA emulator. Mine worked without any problems.
still didnt work...........

i dont think it's the emulator messing up, i think it's the game. gonna mess around and try to figure it out

just figured out it's the white screen that video was supposed to help with, but that solution NEVER works

Last edited by newhades17; October 25th, 2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Critx
Is making Wi-Fi on Rom hacks

Use only VBA. Patch the hack again on a clean Ruby 1.0 version Rom.

~Thanks for Reading Critx~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links