Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page Gran Turismo 5 or Forza 4?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Gran Turismo 5! 0 0%
Forza 4! 2 100.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 30th, 2012 (06:41 PM).
We fly sky-high

Nature: Naive
You shouldn't even have to read this.

It's a pretty straightforward question from me. I love racing games, and I'm having a hard time deciding wether I should a PS3 or an XBOX 360. I know GT5 is exclusive to the PS3 and Forza 4 to the XBOX.
Old October 25th, 2012 (03:53 PM).

I'm a GT fanboy and I really, really love some aspects of GT5.

But in a lot of regards, GT5 is a disappointment. Lots of cool features that aren't fully implemented or utilized... day/night cycles! Only on certain tracks. Dynamic weather! Only on certain tracks. Cockpit view! Only with certain cars. Track creator! That's actually just a semi-random track generator. The list goes on and on...

So overall, my vote has to go to Forza 4. The graphics still aren't quite as pretty as the GT series, but they do have some advantages: Solid 60 FPS, and none of the absurd levels of screen tearing that you see in GT5. The car selection isn't quite as big in raw numbers, but overall the variety feels greater due to the fewer number of duplicates. The physics in Forza 4 are improved over previous iterations. I personally still prefer the feel of GT's physics, but Forza's may be more realistic.

I sincerly hope that Polyphony Digital one ups Turn 10 with Gran Turismo 6... If they fix all the things that are wrong with GT5, it will be a truly astounding experience.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)