The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: You think N is Zoroark
Yes 20 25.64%
No 41 52.56%
Dont Know 17 21.79%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:05 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
Ok. Figuring this needed to be polled because I am curious.

I think N is Zoroark. After playing the game twice over paying attention intently. Proof to me that he Z is based on two things. One) Meeting human in Losthorn Forrest talking about how a pokemon was abandoned there years ago as hes walking away it changes to a Zoroark. Two) Chasing Zoroark to Ns castle, and N all of sudden appears.

Made me think "Wtf"

Other things that made me think it was the Final battle with Black Kyurem. With that story and how N says that he can talk to pokemon and yet no one else can?? Farfetched perhaps, but thats my conclusion. I'm sure story creator wanted you to think about that for a bit without saying anything.
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:35 AM
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Well, I don't think so. It seems likely, but at the same time,
Spoiler:
Ghetsis was N's father, right? Or did I understand the story wrong? With father I mean he brought him up. If he did, he would doubtlessly have known that he was a pokemon. I'm sure Zoroark wouldn't have been able to keep up an illusion for years like that.
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
N is a descendant of kings that ruled ancient Unova. N can talk to Pokemon because of this relation, not because he is a Pokemon himself. The crown you see N given in the BW1 opening is the Relic Crown you find in the Abyssal Ruins. I don't think N is a Zoroark.

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Nature: Relaxed
I have mixed feelings on this.

Firstly, Zoroark can talk like humans (perhaps through telepathy). This is proved when the backpacker in Lostlorn Forest turned into Zoroark after talking (the first time I saw that, it scared me quite a bit lol). Zoroark could have imitated N's looks as it grew up with him since he was a child, and usually pokemon like imitating people whom they are close to.

Secondly, Zoroark guided you to N's castle, but once inside, it was no where to be found and the only one there was N, waiting for you. Zoroark wasn't on N's team while battling him; the only one was Reshiram/Zekrom. Where could Zoroark have been hiding? It's possible N put it back inside its pokeball but didn't use it in battle..but who knows?

Well..there are many other possibilities. I'm rather interested and intrigued about this whole idea of N being Zoroark. But for now, there's no definite way to prove that this is true, so I'm still indecisive. I'm probably repeating what other people have said, but this is what I think too.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old October 26th, 2012, 03:43 AM
gaminggarchomp
YouTube LPer

Send a message via Skype™ to gaminggarchomp
To be honest, I put in yes as my answer (for the lolz), but I really don't think so. If N was a Zoroark, then it would have shown itself.

Hmm, ^ I tried to get Garchomp, but I don't think it's there.
Old October 26th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
I have mixed feelings on this.

Firstly, Zoroark can talk like humans (perhaps through telepathy). This is proved when the backpacker in Lostlorn Forest turned into Zoroark after talking (the first time I saw that, it scared me quite a bit lol). Zoroark could have imitated N's looks as it grew up with him since he was a child, and usually pokemon like imitating people whom they are close to.

Secondly, Zoroark guided you to N's castle, but once inside, it was no where to be found and the only one there was N, waiting for you. Zoroark wasn't on N's team while battling him; the only one was Reshiram/Zekrom. Where could Zoroark have been hiding? It's possible N put it back inside its pokeball but didn't use it in battle..but who knows?

Well..there are many other possibilities. I'm rather interested and intrigued about this whole idea of N being Zoroark. But for now, there's no definite way to prove that this is true, so I'm still indecisive. I'm probably repeating what other people have said, but this is what I think too.
Oddly enough, Zoroark could only talk in human form in B2W2. It couldn't in B/W when it was the woman in Lostlorn forest. As for N's battle. N only challenges you to battle with Zekrom to prove your worth to the dragon. He didn't have to have Zoroark out of listed for battle. Even if he didn't have a Pokeball for it, Zoroark could become invisible using an illusion to hide itself just in case N needed protecting.

But yes, Ghetsis was with N since he was a toddler. Ghetsis even references that N is human, though in a roundabout way. The theory of N being a descendant of the old kings is a really cool theory, though I think they took the idea from the Manga, the part about the Children of Viridian Forest. They show N in some woods, but they never say which woods he was in, only that he was ridiculed about his ability from an early age. Children of Viridian Forest were too. Two are still somewhat feared Manga wise.
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I did quite enjoy lurking/reading the thread and some very interesting points are raised, but I just don't think so.
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:43 PM
rizoph
Mime Jr.

Nature: Mild
I'm feeling really conflicted about this... I think that they would have revealed this if it was true, but it seems so possible...

Join tsukinohito.com/temp_forum
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:51 PM
FoxyGpa
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Bold
It's possible because Ghetsis found N in the forest living with pokemon. He could've been one the whole time
Old October 27th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
At first I didn't due to how Farfetch'd (see what i did there? ) it was, but the theory has grew on me and, after playing Pokemon White 2, I actually think he might be. :o For one, Ghetsis isn't his real father and his parents are unknown. He was found in a forest (Lostlorn perhaps?) with a Zorua (hmmm...) and a Darmanitan iirc. The Zorua is pretty interesting in my opinion.
Next you obviously follow the Zoroark into the ruins of the castle, to which it disappears and then N appears. I believe he could have just returned it, but there is no mention of it, which does lead me to believe N is the Zoroark. He is quite a strange child, and is very close to Pokemon, even being able to understand them. So yeah, I do think N is a Zoroark. c:

Pokémon Aureolin

Old October 27th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
In BW I did think N was a Zoroark. Zoroark copying the man behind Team Plasma and all, which would explain why N looked similar to Ghetsis with the green hair and all...but in B2W2, Concordia and Anthea explicitly state that N was born and abandoned by his parents because they were creeped out by his ability to talk to Pokemon.

If N was a Pokemon I highly doubt his Zoroark parents would abandon him because he could talk to other Pokemon.

As for the Zoroark leading you to N's Castle, N befriended a Zorua as a child (the one you receive) and caught another to use in the final battle against Hilda/Hilbert in BW. The Zoroark who leads you into N's Castle could easily be the Zoroark he released, which stayed behind near the castle (just as N's other released Pokemon stay in their areas for you to catch later). The Zoroark disappears because it's fast and sneaky.
Old October 27th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Lucarioark
Proud Pastafarian

Nature: Calm
Maybe, but how can a pokemon catch another pokemon? Pokeception.
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Bobdapeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminggarchomp View Post
To be honest, I put in yes as my answer (for the lolz), but I really don't think so. If N was a Zoroark, then it would have shown itself.
This. I picked yes but I think it would have been shown if he was Zoroark

Old October 28th, 2012, 12:00 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
As for the Zoroark leading you to N's Castle, N befriended a Zorua as a child (the one you receive) and caught another to use in the final battle against Hilda/Hilbert in BW. The Zoroark who leads you into N's Castle could easily be the Zoroark he released, which stayed behind near the castle (just as N's other released Pokemon stay in their areas for you to catch later). The Zoroark disappears because it's fast and sneaky.
I believe he did not release his final team because he understood that it was sad for his Pokémon to leave him but yes, the Zoroark that appeared many times in the B2W2 is probably part of his team that wanted to explore by himself.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cassino
A TPC classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Two) Chasing Zoroark to Ns castle, and N all of sudden appears.
About that, unless it's an issue with the translation an NPC does say 'N's Zoroark', as in he has one, not that he is one.
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:15 AM
mysticflower
Parasol Lady Madeleine

Nature: Timid
I think all the evidence points to N not being a Zoroark - but I do think there is maybe more to N than we have found out. It depends on whether Nintendo release a game following on from BW2 or if they start again in a new region. I would not be surprised if the storyline is continued.
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
Oddly enough, Zoroark could only talk in human form in B2W2. It couldn't in B/W when it was the woman in Lostlorn forest. As for N's battle. N only challenges you to battle with Zekrom to prove your worth to the dragon. He didn't have to have Zoroark out of listed for battle. Even if he didn't have a Pokeball for it, Zoroark could become invisible using an illusion to hide itself just in case N needed protecting.

But yes, Ghetsis was with N since he was a toddler. Ghetsis even references that N is human, though in a roundabout way. The theory of N being a descendant of the old kings is a really cool theory, though I think they took the idea from the Manga, the part about the Children of Viridian Forest. They show N in some woods, but they never say which woods he was in, only that he was ridiculed about his ability from an early age. Children of Viridian Forest were too. Two are still somewhat feared Manga wise.
Ah, true that. I remember reading about the Children of Viridian Forest in the manga. N must be one of those Children then. Kinda makes sense.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
Ah, true that. I remember reading about the Children of Viridian Forest in the manga. N must be one of those Children then. Kinda makes sense.
Just remember that the game and manga are completely different canons. N could be one of those Children in the manga, but in terms of the games he couldn't be, because they don't exist in the realm of the games.

What synerjee brought up about N being descended from the ancient king was actually hinted at way back in BW, and was practically confirmed by Zinzolin in B2W2.
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Galukxy
→Not someday.Today is the day.

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy
Oddly, though out the B/W game series I did think N was a Zoroark because of his hair style and how he could talk and understand Pokemon. However, in this series I don't see him as a Zoroark due to the little hints and evidence lying around.

I swear there was a thread of this way back

DA||MAL || Portfolio

Old October 28th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Zozma
I'm a blur

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Zozma
It's an amusing theory, but I don't think so.

My websites:

Old October 28th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivvon View Post
Just remember that the game and manga are completely different canons. N could be one of those Children in the manga, but in terms of the games he couldn't be, because they don't exist in the realm of the games.

What synerjee brought up about N being descended from the ancient king was actually hinted at way back in BW, and was practically confirmed by Zinzolin in B2W2.
Silver was Giovanni's child only in the Manga. This was later brought into the Videogames with HG/SS. Not that it can't happen that they pull info from the manga. Its a longshot, but a slim possibility.
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Meowing Mewtwo

I'd have to go with no, but I'm kinda on the fence. You see, previous evidence has suggested that Zorua/Zoroark can't talk. I found it a little freaky that the guy turned into a Zoroark, but I'm very stubborn, and the event Zorua never talked, nor did the event Zoroark in the original BW games. And we mustn't neglect the flat-out disproof of this theory at the hands of those two girls with funny hair, saying N was ditched by his family because they were freaked out by him. Sorry if I'm digging in my heels, but that's my opinion. If you don't like it, can't help you. =\ If you're that desperate for attention, go start a mob. (Forgive my cynicism,all you sensitive hearts out there)
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:57 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminggarchomp View Post
Not necessarily, It could be one of those cliff hangers
Old October 28th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowing Mewtwo View Post
And we mustn't neglect the flat-out disproof of this theory at the hands of those two girls with funny hair, saying N was ditched by his family because they were freaked out by him.
In fact, they cared about him more than the others, I wouldn't go as far as saying they were freaked out...

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 29th, 2012, 04:17 AM
Xatumi
Mech-Zoid

That zoroark can't be N's pokemon that leads you to the castle because old plasma rood gives you N's zorura. Now you can argue the fact that he could have had two or a split evo, but still.

It is quite obvious the creators of black 2 and white 2 have done this on purpose to make us all guess and question N being Zoroark.

I mean they have the same freaking hair cut!

Pokemon Crimson Online- Now Open

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here