The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Nature: Naughty

Advertise here
Okay I ran into a problem. I'm underwater where you are suppose to dive to get to the ELITE 4 and everything looks all foggy with clouds and I can't see anything. I have no idea where I'm going. Any solutions?

Oh. There is a non-translated part. If you don't have dive and you try to dive, it will say something in Portuguese.

Old October 25th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
Okay I ran into a problem. I'm underwater where you are suppose to dive to get to the ELITE 4 and everything looks all foggy with clouds and I can't see anything. I have no idea where I'm going. Any solutions?

Oh. There is a non-translated part. If you don't have dive and you try to dive, it will say something in Portuguese.
Can you post a screenshot? Or even better, tell me where it is and send me screenshots showing the entire text? That's one of the things Ash would be able to fix, and I can run it through a translator (or he can if he wants to).

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhades17 View Post
still didnt work...........

i dont think it's the emulator messing up, i think it's the game. gonna mess around and try to figure it out

just figured out it's the white screen that video was supposed to help with, but that solution NEVER works
Did you delete the .sav file from your previous attempt? And any other files created by the emulator?

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 25th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Can you post a screenshot? Or even better, tell me where it is and send me screenshots showing the entire text? That's one of the things Ash would be able to fix, and I can run it through a translator (or he can if he wants to).

Did you delete the .sav file from your previous attempt? And any other files created by the emulator?

Cyclone
I was originally going to post a screenshot but every time I hit "Prnt Scrn" and paste it onto Gimp, just a transparent canvas comes up. I guess I can try Photoshop.
As for the non-translated text, right when you come out of the victory road cave, you have to surf right until you reach a dark square patch of water. Hover over it and make sure a Pokemon doesn't know dive. If none of your Pokemon know dive and you hit the A button, the Portuguese language will come up. If your Pokemon do know dive, English text will come up asking if you would like to use dive.

The only other save file I deleted was the backup save I made. The saves for me are .SNP - I sometimes load my games right off of the in game saves. Either way, I always save both ways before quitting.
I really need to get through the underwater part but cannot because of the foggy cloud mist that I can't see anything in.

Old October 25th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
I was originally going to post a screenshot but every time I hit "Prnt Scrn" and paste it onto Gimp, just a transparent canvas comes up. I guess I can try Photoshop.
As for the non-translated text, right when you come out of the victory road cave, you have to surf right until you reach a dark square patch of water. Hover over it and make sure a Pokemon doesn't know dive. If none of your Pokemon know dive and you hit the A button, the Portuguese language will come up. If your Pokemon do know dive, English text will come up asking if you would like to use dive.
If you play using VBA, hit F12. Screenshot. Boom.

Also, I guess the correct text in that circumstance is the one that says something like, "A Pokémon might be able to dive into the water here." I know the spot you speak of, I've looked ahead in the data to Victory Road and see the underwater travels waiting for me.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old October 25th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Here is what I'm talking about. I have no idea what to do.

Old October 26th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
And here I though I wouldn't have anything to say against using No$GBA but now I have, I thank you for that :D
This bug is caused by the ugly GBA emulation No$ provides.
Your only choice is to use VBA as recommended.
As for the white screen and this bug, don't download the random VBA, use VBA-M

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
I have to find the time to try this game. You recommended it to me right?

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old October 26th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Skyy, if you'd like (so you don't have to restart), I can get you copies of the maps as they appear in AdvanceMap copied into Paint and you can use those as a basis for how to get around the area. I'll try to label them for you as well. Note however that they wouldn't be pretty as the tiles with transparency appear black or white in the transparent sections.

Send me a PM with your e-mail if you want that and I'll do some quick PrintScreen work with directions as accurate as I can give.

Cyclone

Old October 26th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Skyy, if you'd like (so you don't have to restart), I can get you copies of the maps as they appear in AdvanceMap copied into Paint and you can use those as a basis for how to get around the area. I'll try to label them for you as well. Note however that they wouldn't be pretty as the tiles with transparency appear black or white in the transparent sections.

Send me a PM with your e-mail if you want that and I'll do some quick PrintScreen work with directions as accurate as I can give.

Cyclone
Okay that would be great. I'll PM you right now. Thanks. Really don't wanna start over.

EDIT: Thanks so much for those maps. They were a real help. I made my way through it without any problems and I also beat the ELITE 4.

Last edited by Skyy; October 26th, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old October 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

No problem! (Lucky I saw the edit, I clicked in to add this post. LMAO)

FYI, if anyone else ever has this problem, I have the maps for both surface and underwater created for that area. I can always send both along with a mini-walkthrough of the area. There are no Trainers down there from what I can see, only on the surface.

So I decided for mapmaking purposes to pause at Serenity City and just wander around everywhere creating maps. I also wanted to know what the Trainer difficulty was like on the eastern side of the eastern loop. This led me to hack a path through the woods and the back of the daycare (don't worry, I plan to patch it back up) and through more woods to get to the other side of the "express route" going west. Cue Drakebreath City (and I got lost). I eventually found Route 416 and surfed for a while, finding wild Pokémon in the 30s in the water. I finally found a Trainer with Lv.40-41 Pokémon. I'm already fighting Lv.38 Pokémon. What is the highest level I am likely to encounter in my travels before the Zhery League (which I expect to be in the 50s, if not in the E4, at least for the Champion)?

Meanwhile, my first six Pokérus infectees are no longer contagious. I oughta spread that around ASAP to the lower-level Pokémon. Not that it will matter, obviously it won't have much effect on the in-game stuff.

NEXT DAY EDIT: So I decided to keep traveling backwards. The script triggers in this game are absolutely genius. Without question. You cannot trigger the next storyline item in sequence until you've cleared the trigger before it, meaning when I went north on 416 to Steam's big base, I found about 11 Grunts and two executives in a U formation but got no fights or anything else. Obviously, because you normally don't talk to them on the map there, they don't have scripts added - at all. I left the island, naturally, and kept going north, moving around to avoid Trainers in the water; I eventually reached the land coming from 415 and went over where I specifically know two script triggers to be; they didn't trigger and the guy who is associated with them stayed put on the right; you can't speak with him in the same way the Grunts are silent.

Just a little proof that you are best to play the game as designed. You can't shortcut via cheating and get the 7th or 8th badges until you get the 6th and do the events up to the 7th badge (even the Gyms themselves remain empty); the only possible flaw is activating the Fly trigger in Drakebreath City (maybe even Snowce City) before you're supposed to be there, allowing a player to completely bypass some Trainers (particularly the trek from Snowce to Drakebreath). I am taking the opportunity to get a LOT of my mapping done, however, so I can concentrate just on the walkthrough by that point. Once Drakebreath and 416 are generally done, it's back to the power station and I'll continue my walkthrough (and that is WITHOUT the Fly trigger in Drakebreath activated).

Cyclone

Last edited by Cyclone; October 27th, 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Next-day Addin
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:06 PM
openkaart
Chilling like snorlax

QUOTE=Ash493;7383643][B][FONT="Calibri"][COLOR="Red"]
Yeah, that flag bug happens often... move him outta there by using A-Map

Thnx but what is A-map? And how do i use it?
Old October 28th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by openkaart View Post
Thnx but what is A-map? And how do i use it?
Your answer.

Anything else I could say is said there.

Cyclone

Old October 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM
TheCrimson102
Charizard

Wow, that's really good if you could give me the download link when you're done with it that would be great! But isn't there already a hack called light platinum -.-
Old October 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson102 View Post
Wow, that's really good if you could give me the download link when you're done with it that would be great! But isn't there already a hack called light platinum -.-
You are thinking of Pokémon Light Version.

Cyclone

Old October 28th, 2012, 06:44 PM
TuGaWaR 545
Ragequit

Nature: Adamant
The IPS file is begged or something. I'm getting the white screen issue.

I attempted to change the savetype, and it did nothing. I have also attempted to run the unpatched ruby rom (1.0) and it works fine, the problem is in the IPS file. I've used VBA and VBAM.

Help or an alternate English download link would be nice.

AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

Last edited by TuGaWaR 545; October 28th, 2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuGaWaR 545 View Post
The IPS file is begged or something. I'm getting the white screen issue.

I attempted to change the savetype, and it did nothing. I have also attempted to run the unpatched ruby rom (1.0) and it works fine, the problem is in the IPS file. I've used VBA and VBAM.

Help or an alternate English download link would be nice.
The IPS file worked fine for me. Has it been updated in the last month or two? All I can suggest is redownload it, it might have become corrupt on download. Or, if this is your first emulation playing, VBA (which I also use) may not be set properly for this type of game.

Cyclone

Old October 28th, 2012, 10:31 PM
TuGaWaR 545
Ragequit

I've found another version that works, so I think the IPS file on the opening post is glichy.

Old October 28th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson102 View Post
It's already finished Just some minor bug fixing is being made.
As for the second LP, yeah, there was a thread named Light Platinum but it was cancelled but once the creator returned and demanded change of name of this LP, it didn't work fortunately so we still have LP and the argument is already forgotten

And for all who're downloading the IPSs, you are supposed to download ones from Snakebyte's signature, those are the most recent ones.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:55 AM
TuGaWaR 545
Ragequit

Is there a move tutor? I was button mashing and made my Larvitar not learn Rock Slide.

Old October 29th, 2012, 01:44 AM
DVK
Hack based-God

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DVK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuGaWaR 545 View Post
Is there a move tutor? I was button mashing and made my Larvitar not learn Rock Slide.
Pretty sure there isn't a move Tutor in this game.

Old October 29th, 2012, 04:24 AM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
And for all who're downloading the IPSs, you are supposed to download ones from Snakebyte's signature, those are the most recent ones.
I suddenly don't know which one I downloaded. :o

I think I downloaded it after Snakebyte made changes to it, but for other people in the future, can a moderator update the TP with the right one in the attachment?

Cyclone

Old October 29th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Munch_Crunch
Unhatched Egg

I get a sound bug when I first flew with Charizard, and everytime I go back on this game, it continues, I thought it was just a sound of a icestorm in the ice cave. Please help, it really hurts my head!!! But I want to play with sound, and with the save I have already. Anyway to fix it?
Old October 29th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch_Crunch View Post
I get a sound bug when I first flew with Charizard, and everytime I go back on this game, it continues, I thought it was just a sound of a icestorm in the ice cave. Please help, it really hurts my head!!! But I want to play with sound, and with the save I have already. Anyway to fix it?
Try using the in-game save, then reset the game. I had an odd sound while playing once, and using the in-game save with a reset got rid of it.

Cyclone

Old October 29th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Skyy
Just Sky ( :

Okay so after taking a break, I finally found time to play more. Unfortunately I ran into a bug in the first town of Lauren I think. I had to go into the tower and keep Team Steam from catching Raquaza. I did that and then when I exited the building, a guy was blocking my way saying that I wasn't allowed in. I tried going back in and I couldn't. The chick that came out of the gym earlier was in the tower but she was just running up and down. Even when I got done with the event. Team steam were still there also. What can I do to fix this?

Luckily I didn't save, so I can redo this thing again.

Old October 29th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Okay so after taking a break, I finally found time to play more. Unfortunately I ran into a bug in the first town of Lauren I think. I had to go into the tower and keep Team Steam from catching Raquaza. I did that and then when I exited the building, a guy was blocking my way saying that I wasn't allowed in. I tried going back in and I couldn't. The chick that came out of the gym earlier was in the tower but she was just running up and down. Even when I got done with the event. Team steam were still there also. What can I do to fix this?

Luckily I didn't save, so I can redo this thing again.
You can just go into AdvanceMap and remove the guy to the left or right, update into the VBA location, then you can come and go freely. Probably an errant movement permission.

Also, make sure you have Snakebyte's latest version, it contains some fixes over the one in the topic post. I haven't seen any errant scripted blockers yet, and that factors in the one I saw in a video that I didn't see while playing.

Cyclone

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here