The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 25th, 2012, 06:52 PM
ZettaSlowbro
Veteran

Nature: Docile

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
Me too, I have realized. Gameplay was decent and swift there and graphics were good enough to keep you interested but simple enough to not make it feel like a totally different game from the colorless versions. Also, the music in Hoenn is amazing.

That's not because of graphics. It follows the story of the old Gold/Silver games, who had "bad" graphics but still had the pokémon tower rebuilt into a radio tower.

As for myself, my favorite pokémon games when it comes to graphics are the first Johto ones. G/S/C. It's simple and pixely, but it is colorful and tempting in some strange way. It might just be nostalgia, but I have always loved the sprites and environments from those games the most. Part of what makes Johto my favorite region.
I completely forgot they did that in G/S, it's been too long; it really has.
I LOVE the music in Gen III, it's gets me hype every time.

White 2 FC: 4427 9506 5247
White FC: 1377 9722 4917
3DS FC: 1736 0570 0480
Old October 26th, 2012, 01:58 PM
AncientWarrior
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
I love classic games. I think the simplicity I'd amazing, and I love the sounds. I would play Pokemon Blue instead of Black/White any day.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android
Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish. And who knows: starting a new journey may not be so hard, or maybe it has already begun. There are many worlds, and they share the same sky - one sky, one destiny.
Old October 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Azure Rathalδs
Community Supporter

The older games are more simplistic, and the newer games have more going on in them. The simplistic nature gen I/II is possibly is possibly one of the reasons why people still play these games.

I prefer the newer games, gen III in particular, for there atmosphere. Although they take away the aspect of using your imagination to think of the actual area, they make up for it with more modern designs and interfaces. Plus, the music used is overall much better sounding than the beeps and blips of the originals.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:10 PM
MontrayDavis
Unhatched Egg

Yeah, the vintage is a classic, and very original .
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:27 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

You know that the original Lavender Town had music problems in Pokemon Green, The original music for that town got edited because of it causing problems with children. Pokemon Red/Blue has had the Lavender Town music edited a-lot since the true original game

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old October 28th, 2012, 10:20 AM
ZettaSlowbro
Veteran

Nature: Docile
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightOfTruth View Post
You know that the original Lavender Town had music problems in Pokemon Green, The original music for that town got edited because of it causing problems with children. Pokemon Red/Blue has had the Lavender Town music edited a-lot since the true original game
I've listened to the original, where ill link here, it contains an unsettling high pitched noises. It needed a remake just based of the high frequencies that are known to generate headaches, it's more annoying than creepy.
I feel that went off topic.

White 2 FC: 4427 9506 5247
White FC: 1377 9722 4917
3DS FC: 1736 0570 0480

Last edited by ZettaSlowbro; October 28th, 2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightOfTruth View Post
You know that the original Lavender Town had music problems in Pokemon Green, The original music for that town got edited because of it causing problems with children. Pokemon Red/Blue has had the Lavender Town music edited a-lot since the true original game :)
That's just creepypasta, it didn't cause problems with kids lol. Someone made up a story a long time ago about how they made kids commit suicide. Creepy but untrue.

After listening to that though, I do wish that the beta for Lavender Town would have stayed with the games; the current music is pretty ominous but that's just a whole new level of spooky. Shame they didn't keep it, I would have been interested to hear how they remix it for newer games.
Old November 3rd, 2012, 12:30 PM
True Honey
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
In all honesty I prefer the newer graphics and sound. Though, this is probably because, I don't have the same sense of connection to the older Lavender Town as you have. Since, the first Pokemon game that I became completely engrossed in had color graphics (Sapphire). And the first time I ever saw Lavender Town in game was not in Red/Blue but, in Soul Silver.

Avatar & Signature: The Little Flying Jumpluff by ~ alright123100 (deviantART)
Old November 5th, 2012, 01:49 AM
morrison

Nature: Quiet
I am not fussed either way. ASlthough it would be interesting to see some of the newer games in old graphics-- sure the bridges wouldnt be half that cool :lol:

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here