The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 13th, 2012, 04:06 AM
Eeveemaster9
Years of Lies

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveemaster9
Bernkastel Vermillia - Chapter 5 - Demon District

Dreams are always strange things. Some experts on the dream cycle say that every human dreams about ten different dreams within a single night of rest. How strange, is it that one does not remember most of these dreams? Dream recall doesn't come easy. But... Perhaps that is for a reason; some high power is disallowing the rememberance of these dreams because... Why? Because we will not like them? Because they teach us things that are wrong for us to know?

Sometimes I wish that I couldn't recall my dreams as vividly as a newborn memory. Dreaming, could be both a blessing, and a curse. Soft dreams that made one want to cry in joy... Or horrifying nightmares that took the form of disfigured Gods and severed limbs. No matter how much I couldn't express my emotions, I was still terrified of what my third eye saw when my physical eyes were shut. All I could see were bodies melting under acid rain, and dismembered heads rolling off of mountain cliffs.
My dreams were never soft.

They came as things that would make even Ryuu shriek. Even worse, the torment was not swift. It wasn't like shooting a bullet through someone's skull. These nightmares were that of someone being cut in half with a butterknife. It was torturous.

Why would a higher power give me such an unwanted skill? To tease me, or was it simply something that was already decided? If that was the case, and it was decided... Then that meant that there was no such thing as free will. And without a free will... What did we have?

~~~

I awoke within suffocating damp sheets, which only made me want to swallow oxygen more hungrily than I had been while 'at rest'. My entire body was shiny and sticky with sweat, and my palms bled a red ooze from when my fingernails had dug into the flesh. Silent tears raced down my cheeks one after another, as I tried to get out from bed. I wished I could cry out. Make a scream of agony for once and plea for the comfort of anyone. Even a servant would do. Just as I kicked my legs free of the burning blankets, two arms wrapped around my shoulders from behind, which only made me want to pass out from shock. I was pulled backwards, until I was laying against a sturdy male chest.

"You'll hurt yourself,"

I tilted my aching neck slightly, to look at a pair of crimson eyes that were cast down on me. If I could, I would have smiled in relief. Even though this was my tormentor, I took comfort in knowing that he at least had the kindness to comfort me quietly after six nightmares of relentless pain.
It was Zane, the Demon Servant of Fear, who was my only line to my emotions. I could only express emotions in my dreams, so he knew how I felt about everything. How I truely felt. And, he didn't bother me about it. He was the most understanding of the Demons, even though he was the one that delivered my nightmares. He was the one who moulded them within his palms, and placed inside my head. On particularly bad ones, I would wonder if he actually enjoyed how I squirmed.

After a few minutes of forced breathing, I leaned forward and crawled away from the Demon's body. He didn't respond, and simply stared at me. We never talked about the dreams. It was a silent agreement between us.
Besides, I had more serious things to worry about. Like the real nightmare I would be living inside for the next week or so.

I checked the time, and confirmed that I did have enough time to have a shower, before gathering up my clothing for the arena. As always, I went for the boots, rather than the shoes. I wasn't a runner. I nodded to the black-haired demon, before wandering into the bathroom and shutting the door.

When I came out fully dressed, Zane was gone, and in his place was Lucifier. He was staring out the window; looking down at the cars that lined the building to steal the participants away. He looked back at me, and all I could do was set my eyes against his. The Demon Servant of Destruction had a relaxed look to his features, yet his eyes stared at her with such an intensity that I was forced to look away like a child pulling their hand away from hot water. His chin lowered, and out of the corner of my vision, I saw him fix the sleeves of his jacket. They always seemed just a little bit too long for him, but he didn't complain about it. His ink-colored wings dragged across the ground as he approached me.

"Shall we go, Bernkastel?"

Within the car, I saw Lucifier scrunch his eyebrows in disgust on how the Gods relied on these vehicles for transportation. Call him old fashioned, but he prefered flying as the way of travel. I couldn't blame him. I loved flying as well. Too bad one couldn't do a whole lot of that in my district.
I ate in silence; picking things that would have the most nutrients. Sugar and fibre was important, but so were the calories I consumed. It was highly likely that I would burn all of these calories off within the next few hours inside the arena. So, it was better to have the needed calories than to get tired half-way through. If Lucifier had any objections, he certainly did not verbalize them.

~~~~~~~~

After the long ride by vehicle and the rather short trip by helicopter, I found myself closing the door to the room that was my last safe haven. Having done this twice before, I knew how this all worked, and nobody needed to instruct me. None of the guards had complained when Lucifier had trailed behind me into this room. They knew of my contract with him and the other demons. In fact, nearly everyone did. It wasn't any sort of secret.

I didn't waste any time with inspecting the room like I had when I was fourteen. Silently grasping my necklace with a gloved hand, I moved over to the tubing. Lucifier followed me, but did not join me inside. Instead, he watched me with those eyes that always seemed to question what I did, yet belonged to a body that would obey any command I gave him.
Then, he spoke. It was in latin, so it took me a moment to translate what he had said.

"The bark and the birds have ears and eyes, Bernkastel. Do not play a foolish card too soon."

"Lucifier," I said evenly. "I know."

"That you do... Alas, I worry about your intentions going into this..."

"I know what I am doing, Lucifier."

"Do you?"

I stopped short, and stared at him. The demon stared back. Before I could respond, the glass wall slid shut, and Lucifier disappeared in a puff of black smoke.

Did I know what I was doing?

I could only ponder this for a moment, because soon I felt myself rising. My view of the room vanished, and I was forced to stare at my expressionless face that reflected back at me. I looked above my head, and saw a patch of blue. The sky.

Abruptly, the tube stopped rising, and I stared back at my reflection in confusion. The tube had not broken away like it had the other years. She couldn't even see what was beyond the glass. It was like someone glued a black cover over it. But, I could still see the sky above me where the tube did not reach. I could hear birds, in particular.

My eyes went back to the glass when bright red words flickered on its surface. An arrow pointed to the left. "Please insert your left arm."

A circular hole fluttered into view on my left side, and I frowned. This was new. I leaned forward to look through the hole, but all I could see was darkness. Sighing, I complied with the message before the tube electrocuted me. The hole closed up slightly. I inhaled sharply when I found that my arm was secured in place. What was going on?

The words melted away, and a full-body projection appeared on the glass of Natruo. He was smirking. "Hello my fair participants!" So I wasn't the only one seeing this? That was comforting.

"Welcome to the eighth annual Population Games. As you have probably noticed, things are a little different this year."

That wasn't exactly comforting. Especially with my precious arm clasped to Gods-know-what.

Natruo went on with a happy smile, and behind his holographic self, two tubes appeared. This seemed to be a demonstration of some kind. And those seemed to be the tubes the participants were in at the moment.

"As we have had you done, your arm is currently outside the tube and clasped into place." An arm came out from each tube. Natruo moved over with a smirk, and a metal device came out of the ground between the two tubes. In the grasp of it, was a long pair of "handcuffs". Not the traditional metal ones, but the highly-developed energy wires. The chain itself was one long black energy wire, and at each end was a sturdy silver brace that would be fixed to the wrist....

My face visibly went pale, and I looked at my arm.

"You will be cuffed to another participant at random," Natruo practically sang; fixing the cuffs over each wrist. One of the actors began pulling and moving their arm around. "Don't waste your strength with trying to break free or disturb your partner. They won't feel it." Because the metal device was still clasping the center of the wire...

I felt something snap around my left wrist. It wasn't that heavy, but I definitely noticed it. This wasn't good. This wasn't good at all.

The tubes on the hologram went into the ground, to expose two stunned-looking actors. The tall female was an angel, and the other was a vampire, it seemed. Male. They were looking at each other, and then the cuffs that bound them together. Perhaps the only thankful thing about this situation, was that the chain was long. Somewhere around sixty inches, just by looking at it.

Natruo pushed his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "The chain and cuffs are unbreakable. Fire, water, pressure, electricity... Even direct explosions will not damage them."

"The only ways to unbind yourself, is to find one of the six keys scattered throughout the arena. Any of the keys will work on any cuff. One lucky person won't have to deal with any of this, though! Exactly one person will not be chained to another, due to the... Uneven amount of people." He snickered softly.

"However, be warned. You cannot just kill your partner to free yourself." He wandered back over to the actors, who were looking very much terrified. He brought out a knife, and went over to the male. He was now shaking, looking around for somwhere to escape. That was when Natruo grabbed him, and shoved the blade into his chest; straight through the heart. He made a gargling noise, and collapsed on the platform. The female angel began to cry softly and plead. "Once your partner's heartbeat stops, it will activate the mechanism on your cuff."

The angel's face paled, and before I could understand what had happened, she let out a terrible, blood-curling shriek. Exactly three silver spikes from the bottom of the brace, had snapped open from inside the cuff, straight through her pale wrist, and stuck out from the other end. She collapsed to her knees, and whimpered softly, and blood began draining from the wounds.

"If that doesn't kill you, the toxins within the mechanism certainly will. And if you still manage to avoid death, the bracelet will explode." The angel had collapsed completely; eyes wide and unblinking. Both were dead.

Natruo smiled happily. "There are three pairs within each section of the arena, with the goods at the center of where you start. Once you are released, you and your partner are free to roam and hunt down the other participants. Do not leave the platform until the counter hits zero, otherwise you'll go sky-high!" He snickered. "Good luck!~" And the hologram faded out.

My mind faded out as well. It took everything I had not to fall to my knees and just stop fighting everything. This was ridiculous. What if my partner was suicidal? Or hated me enough to kill themselves and make spikes go through my wrist?

I inhaled sharply as I heard the tubing beginning to slide down around me. I looked to my left, to see who was on the other side of the barrier that had blocked my view. Who was chained to me? Who shared the same fate as I?

It was startling to see Raike. The first reaction was surprise, and then... Relief. A smile threatened to tug my lips, but I managed to shake out my emotions with a slow nod of acknowledgment in his direction. Perhaps the only downside to this, was that Raike couldn't fly.
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Raikiri
Vanguard
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave

Daiki Ethered- Human District

Daiki felt the tube rise into the ceiling and watched as the peaceful room would soon be replaced by a chaotic colosseum. He wondered how the arena would be set up. Would it be a desert? No, probably not. Deserts were boring and more people would die from thirst instead of murder. A mountainous setting was plausible as was a forest or some sort (possibly a jungle) since the variety would give the games would give it some more entertainment value. It was also plausible there would be a multitude of environments as well. That would be the most likely option. That would be his choice after all.

Daiki stared at his reflection for a moment, witnessing the somber expression. The anxiety finally reached him, fearing for his demise. If only Perserias was here to reassure him. He shook his head, trying to rid himself of fear. He had to fake his confidence. "Fake it till you make it," as one of his poorer friends said. They weren't eloquent, but they had a point at least. The tube suddenly stopped and Daiki looked around in confusion. He could see the blue skies above him, figuring he was close to the top. So why the abrupt stop? Red words emerged on the surface of the tube with an arrow pointing to Daiki's left. It read: "Please insert your left arm."

Daiki sighed and complied with the order in lieu of any sort of punishment the Gamemakers would conceive. The tube walls wrapped around his arm and Daiki quickly realized his arm was locked in place. A couple of different thoughts emerged about why; tracking devices were near the top of the list. The words vanished and a full body projected of Natruo appeared in its place.

"Hello my fair participants! Welcome to the eighth annual Population Games. As you have probably noticed, things are a little different this year."

Interesting. They are throwing a new gimmick into this year's edition. I have no choice but to play along. At least for now.

Natruo continued on his little and behind him were two tubes, similar in design to the one Daiki was locked in. Whatever it was, Daiki didn't like the feel of the situation.

"As we have had you done, your arm is currently outside the tube and clasped into place." An arm came out from each tube. Natruo moved over to the tubes with a sly smirk, and a metal device came out of the ground between the two tubes. Daiki could see a long pair of "handcuffs". They weren't the ones he was familiar with, as they seemed to be far more advanced. The chain itself was one long black energy wire, and at each end was a sturdy silver brace that would be fixed to the wrist. It didn't take a genius to figure out what Natruo had planned. Daiki felt a smile stretch across his face. "Really? He said? That's the twist?"

"You will be cuffed to another participant at random," Natruo practically sang; fixing the cuffs over each wrist. One of the "victims" began struggling. "Don't waste your strength with trying to break free or disturb your partner. They won't feel it." The "victims" were released from the tubes and exposed to the area around them, looking around in confusion. Daiki observed that the handcuffs had a long wire between them. Good, he said to himself. I have some freedom then.

Natruo pushed his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "The chain and cuffs are unbreakable. Fire, water, pressure, electricity... Even direct explosions will not damage them."

Is there part of this that is supposed to surprise me?

"The only ways to unbind yourself, is to find one of the six keys scattered throughout the arena. Any of the keys will work on any cuff. One lucky person won't have to deal with any of this, though! Exactly one person will not be chained to another, due to the... Uneven amount of people." He snickered softly in a manner that made Daiki want to slap him. Such humor was disturbing.

Natruo rambled on: "However, be warned. You cannot just kill your partner to free yourself." He wandered back over to the actors, who were terrified. The demonstration got a bit more real. He brought out a knife, and went over to the male. He was now shaking, looking around for somewhere to escape. That was when Natruo grabbed him, and shoved the blade into his chest; straight through the heart. The female angel began to cry softly and plead. "Once your partner's heartbeat stops, it will activate the mechanism on your cuff." Exactly three silver spikes from the bottom of the brace, had snapped open from inside the cuff, straight through the woman's pale wrist, and stuck out from the other end. She collapsed to her knees, and whimpered softly, and blood began draining from the wounds.

"If that doesn't kill you, the toxins within the mechanism certainly will. And if you still manage to avoid death, the bracelet will explode." The angel had collapsed completely; eyes wide and unblinking. Both were dead.

So unnecessary. You'd think the God's could afford to make things that would work.

Natruo smiled happily. "There are three pairs within each section of the arena, with the goods at the center of where you start. Once you are released, you and your partner are free to roam and hunt down the other participants. Do not leave the platform until the counter hits zero, otherwise you'll go sky-high!" He chuckled a bit. "Good luck!~" And the hologram faded out.

Daiki was far from surprised, shocked or traumatized. In fact, he partially expected something like this. Even the games got repetitive after a while. They needed to change things up. The Bern Factor didn't help. She already won…what twice now? It is not behind reasonable doubt they invented this twist to kill her off. But that wash't important. She wasn't near the top of his list of people he needed to kill to win.

No, he had other plans. Most of his plans were designed to kill him .

The tube receded and Daiki immediately looked to his left to see who he was chained to. He figured it would be someone of a different race when he thought about it. After all, pairing two of the same race was counterproductive.

Oh. Lucky me.

It was Amelia. Beautiful, beautiful Amelia. At least that means he will get the girl in the end.

Daiki winked to her and gave her a reassuring nod that sent a single message: "Don't worry. I got this."

Paired with the manly Supervegeta

Last edited by Raikiri; October 18th, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:25 AM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Nature: Relaxed
"Please insert your left arm." Words of red glimmered, pointing an arrow to the left of Ryuu. The demon looked at the whole, wondering what the purpose of it was, but didn’t much think about it, as he inserted his arm. He wanted to get it all over with and go into the arena already, so he was willing to do one more task like this. It’s not like it would lead to something horrifically awful, would it? Would it?

Ryuu placed his large arm inside, which was barely able to fit in the tight space. It then enclosed around him. Then, a projection of a familiar face, Natruo, the god he had fought earlier in his time here, was shown. He was smiling at Ryuu, before speaking. "Hello my fair participants!" He began. It appeared to be a transmitted projection of himself to not only Ryuu, but to everyone.

"Welcome to the eighth annual Population Games. As you have probably noticed, things are a little different this year."

Ryuu smirked. So this was apparently different. Ryuu rather liked that. For newcomers like himself, it didn’t much matter. But for others who have already participated before, namely Bern, he hoped this provided even some measure of discomfort for them. Even the slightest possibility of such made Ryuu happier.

Natruo went on to explain the purpose of the tube and the hole, and where his arm was attached to, which turned out to be a handcuff of some sort. Ryuu was perplexed by this, but continued to listen. However, the longer he listened, the more he was starting to think that this wasn’t going to be something he would like. As he showed a demonstration of how two people were tied up, and the impossibility of breaking it, any happiness on Ryuu’s face was gone, and instead replaced by a mixture of lingering confusion, boiling anger, and hidden anxiety about who he was handcuffed to. When Natruo mentioned that one person was not tied to anyone, a small glimmer of hope was brought back to him. But Ryuu knew it wasn’t him. He was clasped to someone. He didn’t know who, but he tried to figure out the possibilities.

If it was Raike or Kerin, he could deal with it. They were strong and sturdy enough to get by without too much trouble. If it was Bern, he may very well purposefully ‘harm’ himself just so she could get a taste of her own medicine. But there were a few people Ryuu had absolutely no interest in pairing up with, namely angels and the others humans. A demon or a vampire he could probably deal with, or one of the other specific people he mentioned would do. Anyone less would not be good. At all. Ryuu was slowly coming to terms with his situation. He accepted that he would have to deal with another person. Heck, he even assumed that given Natruo’s battle with him, he had garnered enough respect and liking to Ryuu that he would pair him up with someone he would like…right? Ryuu liked the sound of his own logic, and a slight bit of hope was instilled in him, as well as a smile. He would most likely be paired up with someone favorable. He had to think positively about it.

The tube began to slide down, and as it did, the color of Ryuu’s face seemed to literally vanish for the first time he was here.

In one’s life, you have the opportunity to meet countless individuals. Some, you take a liking to almost immediately. Others may have a slightly less exceptional first impression upon you, but recover later with a stronger impression in your following meetings, and the two of you may develop a great relationship as friends. There are also those that one simply sees in a neutral fashion, merely acting as faces, and are often forgettable, or unimportant in your life. Then there are those you simply cannot take a liking to, whether by initial meeting or the process of discovering an individual overtime. It is the cycle of life for individuals to meet people across all of these classes, and those also not mentioned. The quantity one would meet in each category depends on the person themselves. Some friendlier, social individuals will have an opportunity to meet with all kinds of folks. Others who are less social will meet not as many, but generally all or most criteria are met.

But there is one type of person that everyone meets. It is that person that, for an inexplicable reason, or one that is easily understandable, you hate with a burning passion. Your disdain for that person is beyond measure, and every time the individual enters your presence, your day is instantly ruined. You loathe that person’s very name. If that person were to die horribly the following day, the only thing you would be sad about was that you didn’t get a chance to watch, or participate.

To Ryuu, that person was Marisa, and Marisa was his partner. Words couldn’t possibly describe the emotions simultaneously running through Ryuu’s body, which is probably the reason he hadn’t said anything yet. Instead, he merely looked down on the ground, cursing his ‘luck’, though he doubted the assignment of this was at all random.

“F***.” He finally said out loud. “F***ing sh**. Why…why!? What did I do to deserve this!?” Ryuu dropped onto his knees and pounded his fists on the ground. There was only one consolation Ryuu could find the situation: When he found one of those keys, Marisa would die first.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Old October 26th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Skymin
the Knight

Nature: Quirky
Kerin held his breath as the glass slid down and the floor below him started to rise. He turned to see Raum wave him off and mouth him a 'good luck' just before he disappeared below him. Kerin felt his heart hammering below his chest, which was, though he didn't know it, incredibly bad for him. The more nervous he was, the more his heart beated and the more energy he would use. It was here, in the small confines of this tube as the floor finally stopped and the sky teased him with a false freedom above, that Kerin weighed all his options. His options? Blank. This was the first time he had ever been so frightened in his life, the only time in comparsion was his last night as a human.

He had been so sure before that he could make it through this. He could rebel and fight and protect what meant the most to him but now, the time it seemed most important to be strong, he felt nothing.

"Please insert your left arm," a voice said to him. Kerin looked to his left as a hole on his left hand side. The hole was dark and he wasn't sure what was on the other side, but he automatically obeyed. His arm was fastened and the hole grew smaller, stopping just so it was tight on his arm. He wasn't sure if this was normal or if it meant anything at all, but it didn't feel good. He took a deep breath and tried to relax.

Remember, Marisa. Your sister is out there somewhere, probably as scared as you are.

Don't mess this up.

Not like Quinn.

A image was projected in front of him on the glass. He immediately recognised the God; it was Natruo. How did he get behind the glass? Was there a TV there?

"Hello my fair participants! Welcome to the eighth annual Population Games. As you have probably noticed, things are a little different this year."

Two other projections appeared; tubes, similar to what Kerin was standing in, with two arms poking out of each.

"As we have had you done, your arm is currently outside the tube and clasped into place," Natruo began to explain, pulling a pair of handcuffs off a podium which had suddenly appeared next to him. "You will be cuffed to another participant at random. Don't waste your strength with trying to break free or disturb your partner. They won't feel it."

He cuffed the two arms together and soon after, Kerin felt something cold and metal clasp around his own wrist. Now he had something on both his wrists, realising that he still had his bracelet on his other arm. The tubes lowered on the projection, revealing two people whom he did not recognise. Were they players? They looked very surprised at the situation they were in.

"The chain and cuffs are unbreakable. Fire, water, pressure, electricity... Even direct explosions will not damage them. The only ways to unbind yourself, is to find one of the six keys scattered throughout the arena. Any of the keys will work on any cuff. One lucky person won't have to deal with any of this, though! Exactly one person will not be chained to another, due to the... Uneven amount of people," Natruo gave a short laugh.

Wait... chained? That reminded Kerin of something...

"I-I only see seven other people in the arena with me... In front of a clock tower... I-I see... Two people I've never seen before... Two adults... Shiro and Shizuka...And Ryuu."

"R-ryuu... I'm chained to Ryuu."

Kerin watched the rest of the annoucement in horror as he basically murdered the two people chained to each other. Kerin wasn't thinking straight though. This meant, if Marisa's vision was true, that she was chained to the most psychopathic and deranged thing among them.

Though, was this a bad thing? It only meant that Marisa would be safe. He couldn't think of Ryuu ever losing to anybody. And Marisa dying meant Ryuu would die too.

"Good luck!"

The tube slid down and Kerin quickly looked to see who he had been chained to. It was... Shiro? Kerin gave her a forced smile though he wished she was a little... less dazy. Bloodthirsty Shiro might be a little more helpful than 'About-to-fall-asleep' Shiro. Still, she was so mysterious. Kerin wanted to help her, sure, but he wanted to save Marisa more.

Another thought popped into his head. The clocktower, Marisa said she had seen Shiro but not Kerin. Did that mean he had managed to unchain each other?

Kerin breathed deeply and look straight ahead into the arena, catching glimpses of other contenders. There were a few things he had to do; find Marisa, find Bernkastel, stop Ryuu from finding a key and find the clocktower.
Old November 22nd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Eeveemaster9
Years of Lies

Send a message via AIM to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Eeveemaster9 Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveemaster9
Shiro (Daxity) - Chapter 5 - Vampire District

My breath was shallow; it was strained. It felt like I was inhaling through a small medical tube. Normally, they had me hooked to it for ‘relaxation’, but right now, I was definitely not relaxed. I was panicking. The‘elevator’ into the arena was suffocating. It trapped carbon dioxide every time I inhaled oxygen. That is what it felt like. I imagined how the air was becoming heavy with each breath I took; I was sucking out what oxygen was in the claustrophobic space.

A whimpering plead for air was caught it my throat when I felt the tube stop its movement upwards. My hands immediately pushed on the cold sheen of metal encasing me and I looked up towards the blue sky above. I gulped down air, but it still wasn’t enough. A headache pounded my brain like a mini boxer.

‘It will be okay Shiro,’ I reassured myself. ‘Soon this will open and you’ll have as much space as you want.’

I stumbled back when the wall began blinking colors. At first I thought I was having another episode, but I was relieved to find that it was instruction. I squinted at the words, and slowly obeyed to what they had to say. Immediately, I let out a shriek when the wall clamped down on my right forearm. Blood rushed to my ears and I could hear the liquid hammering up to my brain as I kicked the wall and pulled. I didn’t stop until I realized that something was playing on the wall where the text had appeared. I saw a man…What was his name again? He definitely had a name, but I couldn’t remember it. Wasn’t he someone important?

Well, that important person was talking to me; droning on and on in a language I could barely understand. He spoke English, and I knew English… But it just didn’t stick. It went through one ear, and out the other. Only bits and pieces registered. I managed to get an understanding of the situation through the visuals that were given. I was being chained to someone, and if they died, I died. The chain was strong. What else?

I abruptly scrambled to my feet when I saw that the tube’s walls were lowering into the ground. Bit by bit, I could see the arena beforeme in all degrees. However, my eyes lingered over to where I felt a lightmovement on my right wrist. I trailed my eyes down to the chain, up the link,and to the person I was looking at was Kerin.

I had a series of mixed reactions to seeing him. At first Iwas thankful to see another vampire, and someone I kind of understood. My nextreaction was confusion, as to why the Gamemaster would place two vampirestogether. My final reaction was to quickly look away in sudden fear. He was stronger than me, right? And from what I could tell, he didn’t particularly like me. I couldn’t understand why that was, however. Did I do something that would make him angry? I couldn’t remember anything of that significance…

So, instead of facing him, I stared down at the shoes on my feet. I couldn’t remember changing into them… Or even into these clothes. Perhaps someone had helped me… Did I thank them? I didn’t know…

My eyes raised up slightly as a voice overhead spoke down on us. Or at least, I hoped I wasn’t the only one who could hear them. The voice was a man’s voice, and it came from the sky.

‘God?’ My mind asked. But then I remembered something important… That there was no real God. If there was a God above us all, then I didn’t want anything to do with him.

I took in my surroundings with a sense of unease as the voice counted down. It sounded similar to the voice that had been speaking to me earlier. Didn’t the name begin with an ‘N’?

Beneath my feet was the same metal plate of the tube, but that didn’t account for the arena itself. Grains of brown rice spilled onto the sheen of silver. It was some kind of earth that I had never seen before. Slowly, I knelt down as the voice droned on at a decreasing rate from forty-five. My fingers slowly caught a handful of this strange substance, and I ran it between my fingers. It was like, and it didn’t stain my hands like the dirt of my home would. It was almost soft, and it slipped easily out of my outstretched hands. It was hot, too. I had never felt so warm so quickly because of an environment… This sort of sensation only occurred when my flesh was broken, and blood seeped out from my veins. The disk of shining light hung overhead, and seemed to glare down at me mockingly.

I was suddenly thankful that most of the myths concerning vampires were not true.

This material stretched out far across my vision, though it seemed to end off in the west and south… Trees. I could make out trees if I squinted in that direction.

My legs unbent from the disk, and I straightened out again as the voice rang out a twenty. There were others in this strange land with me.Two of them, I had met only yesterday. Not in person, but I had seen them on a television screen as the interviews played on. The other pair… I recognized.

I recognized them so deeply that a shiver when down my spine at the sight of them. Why were they here? I nearly collapsed, but I found strength in grasping the chain connecting myself to Kerin. My knees felt like buckling, but I knew I would only make Kerin mad if I wasn’t ready to move when the cannon sounded.

Yet, he had to be feeling the same kind of emotions as me, right? After all, this was a very unkind surprise to see these two.

The one staring back at me was the same man that had been with me when I was chosen as a participant. It was a hazy memory, but it wasthere.

The first one, staring back at me, was the male Vampire Leader of my district. Calzus Zunigi

The second one, staring at Kerin, was the female Human Leader of his former district. Statia Maina.

(Skymin@ You are in the desert section of the arena.

Pairings:
Kerin - Shiro
Calzus (V-Leader) - Statia (H-Leader)
Scarlet - Cyro)

Bernkastel Vermillia - Chapter 5 - Demon District

If I could smile painlessly, I would have. Luck seemed to be on my side this year as well. Raike was perhaps the best participant I could have been chained to. He seemed to be the most level-headed of all the contestants; he was not sharing any miserable past nor was he emotionally-driven… Maybe not calm, but he certainly wasn’t affected by his environment as much as the others. Yes, he was human and yes, that meant I was tied to the ground like a wingless bird, but I was still thankful for this setup. He was strong by himself most obviously, but he also had Mammon. I knew that.

I nodded slowly in his direction, before turning my attention to who else was joining us in this section of the arena. My eyes immediately spotted out a familiar face. Fang. He saw me as well, and grinned nervously. In reaction, I shook my head and glanced down at my chains. His grin disappeared.

‘No,’ I mouthed. I hoped he would understand what I meant by that. I didn’t want him tagging along with me. Especially with Shizuka attached to his wrist. It would be best if we separated, and joined together once most of the participants were dead.

The other pair was surprising to see; Pewita and Nokoto. This was a really bad combination, even for Natruo. What had he been thinking? If he wanted to kill me, he would have set Ryuu and the other strong males in my section.

Was Marisa really attached to Ryuu? Was that why he wasn’t here, and somewhere else?

I then took my time with checking out what ‘section’ I was actually in. It was actually a rather simple environment…. It was very similar in fashion to the arena in my first year. The grass was wild, though not too tall that it was a hindrance to walk within. The area was seemingly cut in a circular fashion, with trees surrounding the outer borders. I knew for a fact that this wasn’t everything… There was more to this arena just beyond those trees.

But I was not going to explore each section. It would take too much time, and I did not have all the time in the world.

I heard Natruo’s voice count down from twenty. I turned to Raike, and began speaking to him. The other pairings directly across from us (think of a triangle) would not be able to hear me.

“Focus on the pile at the center, Raike.” I nodded towards the stash. It was customary for the Population Games to start with a pile of supplies out for the picking. A participant could take as much as they could carry, so long as they didn’t die trying to do so.

“There are weapons, food, and water. Supplies such as rope will not be needed as much, but… Take what you can. Don’t bother with the yellow bags. And the grey ones? Open them before you take them. A few look abit suspicious. Maybe rocks, or a timed explosive.”

She slowly got into a stance; ready to run forward. “Fang will not bother us, and he’ll probably stop Shizuka from getting in our way.That is what I am hoping. Pewita is the danger in this current situation… Are you getting this? We’ll be going east. Check the sun if you must. We’re not staying more than a minute.”

That was the longest time I had ever talked for since my contract. Hopefully I didnot overwhelm Raike…

(SkyisUmbreon@ You are in the grasslands section of the arena.

Pairings:
Raike - Bernkastel
Fang - Shizuka
Pewita - Nokoto)

Last edited by Eeveemaster9; November 23rd, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old November 26th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Eeveemaster9
Years of Lies

Marisa Ryunatta - Chapter 5 - Vampire District

I didn’t dare look in the direction of my ‘partner’. I knew who was on the other end linked to my life. I had known all along. Perhaps theone concern I had was that he would be unpredictable. If I could stay out of his way ad not be a hindrance, my living circumstances would improve. All I required was one premonition… One claircognizant vision was all it would take to tell me what he was going to do so I was prepared to counter. If I was ready to react, I wouldn’t be dragged around as much. Ryuu wouldn’t be as mad as he could be with a child strapped to him.

This entire situation was a blessing in disguise. He could not kill me without ending his own life as well. Really, he had been the only major threat to my life since the beginning. If I had not been chained to him, he would have killed me on sight.

I inhaled slowly when I overheard Ryuu swear to himself, and flinched when the demon dropped to his knees to pound his fists into the metal plate. I could hear the impacts rattling, making dents in the metal disc. I swallowed the saliva building up in my mouth.

I didn’t say anything to him, though. I knew if I said something, he would just get angrier. He would tell me to shut my mouth, most likely. So, I focused on checking out the arena. And… It wasn’t exactly the greatest set-up if I wanted to be found.

A corn field. Were the Gods running out of ideas? Maybe. All I knew was that I really did not like this arena. The corn stalks towered, and even went past Ryuu’s height. So, I couldn’t even see if there was something beyond it. We were in an open ‘crop circle’, him and I… And two other pairings were with us. Well, one, actually. Akira and Kaito made up one pair. The other‘pair’ consisted of Jin by herself. Were the Gods trying to mock Ryuu? Trying to make him angry? Well, of course they were. An angry Ryuu was an entertaining show to them.

Jin jittered on her feet back and forth; as though it was unbearable for her to keep still. The human consistently unclenched her fists, as her eyes darted from the pile of weapons at the center, to one of the open paths into the cornfield. There were three open paths; however it didn’t make much sense. One could always charge through the corn itself…

That’s when it hit me. I saw what I had been waiting for. I closed my eyes as my mind shuttered out a film for me. I could see Ryuu andmyself right there in the cornfield. I could see how he reacted to the cannon, and how I was dragged around by his strength. But, like every future, it could be changed if I acted to the information given. I memorized the steps he took.Where he would go. What he would do. And I redid the motions within my head. Alright… I could do this.
As for the corn maze and the traps? Well, Ryuu would figure that out on his own.

(Supervegeta@ You are in the corn fielf section of the arena.

Pairings:
Ryuu - Marisa
Akira - Kaito
Jin *Single*)
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:56 PM
SV
Moshi Moshi?

Nature: Relaxed
Ryuu remained on the ground for a while longer. At the moment he was thinking that perhaps if he stayed down long enough, he would realize the good side in all of this, but the longer he thought, the harder it was for him to come up with that answer. There was no getting around this. He had to simply come to terms with the situation. Were it that easy. Ryuu contemplated knocking Marisa out right from the start, so he could be sure not to hear anything from her mouth, and she wouldn't try to go against him at all. But he dismissed the thought. He wanted her awake when he killed her. No, the only solution was getting those keys.

As Ryuu sat he watched the arena view. A corn field of some sort. Two other people were on the far side of the crop circle. As he looked to the left, another single person stood there as well. In the middle of them were what the others would be after. He could see that the one single person was a human. No wings of any sort. She needed a weapon, which is probably what made her seem so jittery. That, and displays Ryuu had done over the days here must have been witnessed by her. He was getting to her. The other pairing had at least one person with wings, as far as Ryuu could make out. However judging by how they were both eyeing the supplies, all three wanted them. Ryuu wanted to fight the strongest of them at their strongest possible, so the obvious match-up would be going after the two of them and leaving the human alone. But that wouldn't be right. Going after the other two would mean not getting a chance to take them at their best. He would have to risk going for the human first, and hope he still gets a chance to fight the others before they no doubt tried to run.

Ryuu acted casually, still sitting on the ground of the platform. He wanted to play it cool in the beginning. After all, doing so would get the others stressed, no knowing what exactly he would do. He instead elected them to make the first move. Even from this distance, Ryuu could see their nervous faces, whereas Ryuu was simply excited. He had almost forgotten about Marisa, in fact, because of this. It was as if she wasn't a factor with him anymore. He had not acknowledged or bothered to look at her at all after his initial outburst, pretending in a way that she wasn't there. Ryuu eyed the three, switching between the one human and the two others, waiting for them to make a move. He occasionally tapped his foot to the ground, again as casually as possible. If any were to look at this scene, it would be doubtful that they would be able to conclude that the five of them were about to engage in a struggle to the death.

And then one of them made the first move. The human Jin took a casual step forward. Whether he was under the impression that they were simply going to ignore each other and go after keys, or fight, Ryuu didn't know what the human was thinking, but that was all he needed to set him off. Ryuu looked over to Marisa for the first time since he saw her, and smiled. A malicious, 'you're in for it now' type of smile. Getting up in an instant, Ryuu hopped off the metal platform and began to dash forward. The others noticed this and immediately ran with panic towards the supplies. Ryuu pushed himself forward, testing his body's limits as he ran at his top speed. By this rate, he would have reached the supply rack before them. The weight of Marisa behind him was either hardly felt at all by Ryuu, or simply went unnoticed. That was advantageous, as she was probably fairly light to begin with. As Ryuu ran, he concentrated on his footsteps below, trying to keep his pace as well as focus on the earth. He tensed his muscles, trying to focus on a particular spot on the earth a few paces in front of him. Exerting a scream from his mouth as his body tensed, a rock about the size of his fist plopped out of the ground and Ryuu managed to catch it while on the run. Taking aim, Ryuu focused on Jin, who was closer to the supplies, and tossed the rock, combining his own physical strength with the added attributes of his Earth Magic, sending the rock hurling at an alarmingly fast rate, almost at the rate of a bullet. The rock nailed Jin directly in the stomach, knocking her over. Ryuu used this opportunity to close the rest of the distance between himself, the supplies, and the human. The others quickly got whatever they needed and were on their way. Ryuu didn't care. He'd catch up eventually. The human got up, clutching the spot where the rock hit earlier.

Ryuu looked back at Marisa. Surprisingly, she did little to get in his way thus far. If this continued, he would have no problems. He hoped it continued, as he looked back at the human. Nervous, uneasy, scared. A few words to describe her. She was sweating bullets, of course if he were her, he would be too. Neither Ryuu nor his opponent moved for a while. She was most likely trying to figure out what to do next. He was simply taking in the moment, and trying to find the best way to make this as uncomfortable for Marisa, and painful for his opponent.

Then he thought of something. He moved his neck side to side to get that crack he wanted, and then, without hesitation, charged at the human, trying to make the sudden move so that he would drag along Marisa painfully with him. Jin back up, trying to move out of the way. She was successful, and managed to dodge Ryuu’s charge, sending Ryuu hurling toward the ground because of the momentum. Ryuu continued to smile and get up, then charged again at him. Jin hurriedly maneuvered around again, barely avoiding while sending Ryuu crashing into the earth once more. This was repeated a few times, Ryuu continuing to smile the entire time. The reason being that he was almost missing on purpose. This part of the fight was a two-way plan. One: he was play with his opponent, having him barely miss her, thereby heightening her dread while keeping her on her toes, not knowing which next charge would hit. Two: he was hurling himself and Marisa into the ground at top speeds. Ryuu, having a bigger and sturdier body, would be able to take the hits. Marisa, being smaller and more fragile, not as much. He honestly hoped she was getting as injured as possible.

After the last hurl sent Ryuu to the ground again, he realized that Jin had been slowly edging her way to the supplies, grabbing a few knives off of it. Clever. She had been using his missed tackles to roll to where she wanted to. Now that she had weapons, though, Ryuu had to get serious.

Ryuu took the first step, focusing his leg muscles and dashing forward, trying to close the distance so she couldn’t throw the knives and have an advantage at distance. She began backing up as Ryuu came forward, though he was advancing faster than she was withdrawing. She then began releasing knives at him. They were surprisingly quick, traveling through the air like rain falling from the sky. Ryuu concentrated and screamed, exerting both physical and mental energy to get his earth magic going. At his command, the earth below rose up and intercepted the knives flung through the air. Ryuu did not stop his run, breaking right through the earth wall he had set up, crashing through as debris of rock and dust erupted in front of him. He actually loosened the earth a bit before smashing through, so that he could pass through much more easily. But his opponent didn’t know that. To her, he merely broke through the solid rock like an unstoppable juggernaut. He wondered what she thought would happened if he ran at her. Well apparently, she didn’t want to find out as she broke into a run and took off, tossing back knives as he went. Ryuu kept up his pace, slowly enclosing distance, while trying to make the knives pass as close to him as he could so that they had a chance of hitting Marisa who still dragged on behind him.

However, one of the knives went too close, not noticing it as he pursued, and the knife ran through his shoulder, piercing deep in. At the speed he was going, and the toss she made, it was as if an oversized bullet just hit him. Ryuu grunted in pain, clutching his shoulder for a moment, but not slowing down the slightest. In fact, he started trying to speed up, determined as a hunter trying to take down their prey. He was closing in on the distance between them, Jin trying to take one of the paths from the crop circle, but as Ryuu closed the distance, he jumped forward, covering any remaining distance and pouncing right onto her.

They both rolled for a moment, Ryuu could feel the chain of Marisa getting caught and dragging her behind, before Ryuu stopped on top of her, holding her down. He gave her a malicious smile, before looking for to the knife still stuck in his shoulder.

“So, you like knives, huh?” Ryuu asked her, reaching for it. He grabbed hold of the handle, and pulled it out of his shoulder, grunted in pain and gritting his teeth as he did. Blood flowed from the wound, but if it caused him pain, he didn’t show it to her. Jin lay there on the ground, frightened, as Ryuu raised the blade over his head. She struggled, trying to get free, but the weight and strength of the demon kept her down. He brought the knife down, right onto her hand, the blade going through and connecting to the ground below. She screamed loudly in pain, blood beginning to ooze from the wound. Ryuu had driven the knife deep, preventing her from escaping now even if he did get off of her, as he did right after. Jin immediately tried to go for the knife, attempting to take it out of her hand, but realizing the strength he had put in to drive it in was too much, and too deep. He just stood there for a moment, watching her struggle. He was delighted by the sight. She was trying to escape something inevitable now. They all were, even if they didn’t realize it yet. Still grinning, Ryuu looked at Marisa. He said not a word to her, but merely gave her a look. A look that could have said what words might not have. He would guess she would know what he was implying. When he got those keys, she would be next.

Backing up a few more steps, Ryuu turned back to the struggling Jin. She was at the point of tears, trying desperately to get the knife out of her hand. She began dragging her hand away, trying instead of taking it out to break it off, but that was slow going as well. Seeing enough, Ryuu backed a good two meters back again, not caring whether Marisa back up with him or was dragged back, and then took a running start forward towards Jin. When he was close enough, he jumped into the air, relying on his demonic strength to push himself as far as he could go up, which was quite a few meters. He could feel Marisa’s weight take off with him. Then he focused on a single point as he tumbled down, where Jin lay, struggling still to get out, now at the point of begging and screaming. Ryuu ignored it, and came crashing down, combining his strength with the other technique he was taught in his earth magic lesson: Aftershock, the use of stomping and dropping power and an earthquake to ripple the effects of a slam like this one to catastrophic proportions. He had used it his first time on the demon he fought in the city, which proved to be a knockout. He wondered what affect it would do to a human, who did not have the same body strength and endurance.

The crash came, though it turned out to be more of a burst, as if one second everything was calm and sturdy and tranquil, and the next the earth just decided to blow up around. Rocks, dust, and corn debris flew everywhere. No sound came below from his opponent, who as far as he was concerned no longer existed. Gods, demons, and vampires would have had trouble surviving that. A lesser being like a human? He would be surprised if anything would be left of the body.

But as he looked down, there ‘she’ lay, mangled and broken, the knife-hand now loose and detached around broken rocks and soil. The rest of her body so bruised and battered, it was unrecognizable. Ryuu stood up off of the corpse, and looked around, taking in the sight of the battleground. He looked at his wound on his shoulder. The knife cut slightly deep, but his superior demon genes had clotted most of the deeper wound and it wasn’t bleeding out as much. He wouldn’t let it hold him back. This was merely the beginning. There was so much more to hunt and kill.

Paired with the Epic Raikiri
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links