• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Who else do i want?!

I recently started Leaf Green ... It's been years since i played this one.

I have;
Venusaur lvl 47
Ninetales lvl 46
Dugtrio lvl 47
kadabra lvl 47

Any sugestions what else i should go for?

Years

I have;
Venusaur lvl 47
Ninetales lvl 46
Dugtrio lvl 47
kadabra lvl 47

I suggest maybe a dragonite (it's worth all the leveling and he's flying type and you don't have flying type jet) and since you don't have a water type I recommend getting lapras (best water pokemon imo in LF/FR). And also if you can't evolve kadabra I would rather go with mr.mime.

Years

I have;
Venusaur lvl 47
Ninetales lvl 46
Dugtrio lvl 47
kadabra lvl 47

You will need a Water-type so you can use Surf through the game.

I'd recommend Staryu cos it gets good stats as a Starmie, with high Speed and Special Attack. All you need to evolve it is a Water Stone.

Give it a moveset of Surf, Thunderbolt, Psychic and Ice Beam and it can demolish a lot of things in it's track.

Years
What is better for my gyarados? Surf or waterfall?
And what moves you recommend teaching it?
I was thinking like waterfall,ice blast,thunder. ..
Now it has surf,twister,leer and bite
Also it's serious nature with attack of 112 and sp atk of 62.
Its lvl 38

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
What is better for my gyarados? Surf or waterfall?
And what moves you recommend teaching it?
I was thinking like waterfall,ice blast,thunder. ..
Now it has surf,twister,leer and bite
Also it's serious nature with attack of 112 and sp atk of 62.
Its lvl 38

In 3rd gen, all that Waterfall has better than Surf is a higher flinch rate, so go with the more powerful Surf. All water moves are special remember. You should probably try and stick to physical moves like Earthquake though and use its high attack stat.

Years
Legendary Cat used Roar!?

I'm not sure if this is in the right spot, but I have a question. I was hunting Raikou on my LG, but he used Roar, scared the crap out of my Pokemon, then escaped, and I was going to continue looking for him but when I looked at my Pokedex, it said Area Unknown. Can I find him again? If so, where, because it's area's unkknown now..? Has this happened to any of you? Is it a mean trick or is it a genuine coding glitch, or will he pop up again?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'm not sure if this is in the right spot, but I have a question. I was hunting Raikou on my LG, but he used Roar, scared the crap out of my Pokemon, then escaped, and I was going to continue looking for him but when I looked at my Pokedex, it said Area Unknown. Can I find him again? If so, where, because it's area's unkknown now..? Has this happened to any of you? Is it a mean trick or is it a genuine coding glitch, or will he pop up again?

LeafGreen and FireRed have a glitch where when roaming Pokémon use Roar, they will disappear forever. You won't be able to find it anymore. It's a known bug.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd go for a mixed set. Try Surf, Ice Beam, Brick Break, Facade/Swords Dance. Surf is obviously great STAB. Ice Beam to expel pesky Grass types and Dragons. Brick Break for opposing Dark types. Facade is more filler, so you could just go with Swords Dance instead, but seeing that this is a solo, you might want more fire power than set up power. It sucks that Crawdaunt basically has no good Dark STAB moves this game (if you change this to Emerald, you get Crunch at 51), but eh, gotta just go with it. No Earthquake either, which sucks.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Hey, I'm trying to grind out levels for my first run at the Elite 4, where would you recommend. I'm grinding on wild pokemon in Victory Road now, but its slow workings. I also can't seem to use the Vs. Seeker there, whats up with that?

Years
Hey, I'm trying to grind out levels for my first run at the Elite 4, where would you recommend. I'm grinding on wild pokemon in Victory Road now, but its slow workings. I also can't seem to use the Vs. Seeker there, whats up with that?

I assume you're playing FireRed/LeafGreen if I can recall?

There's Trainers on several routes you may have battled earlier that might have gotten stronger since you last battled them.

Try and use the Vs. Seeker and you can battle them for experience (and money too!). Hope my advice was helpful.

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2012
Hi 67 page long thread and all who inhabit it. So this is a dumb question but it's safe to assume that if one has not received events to get Jirachi or Deoxys that they're not going to anytime in the future yes?

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Hi 67 page long thread and all who inhabit it. So this is a dumb question but it's safe to assume that if one has not received events to get Jirachi or Deoxys that they're not going to anytime in the future yes?

Yeah, the distribution for Event Pokemon has ended for generation III, as of now. The only way to get any of the Event Pokemon is to use a cheating device like Action Replay, sorry. :(

I assume you're playing FireRed/LeafGreen if I can recall?

There's Trainers on several routes you may have battled earlier that might have gotten stronger since you last battled them.

Try and use the Vs. Seeker and you can battle them for experience (and money too!). Hope my advice was helpful.

Yeah, should have mentioned that I was using Fire Red/Leaf Green, sorry.
And that was helpful thanks. :)

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

The VS. Seeker, for whatever reason, doesn't work in caves. I don't think it works in forests either, but not sure. Definitely know it doesn't work in caves like Victory Road though. Sorry. :(

The only gen III event you can still get is the Bonus Disc Jirachi. It's at level 5 with a Salac Berry, and the event is for Ruby and Sapphire. However, getting one of these bonus discs would be the main concern. I'm not sure of their rarity. You could try checking eBay if you really want, but it's really not worth it. But in a sense, this event is "ongoing" as long as you have the disc, because you can use it as many times as you want.

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
Years
I'm looking for a site or possibly a store I can go to, to buy Pokemon Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green for the GBA. I 'd like to avoid Ebay and Craig's List for it's numerous fake cartridges that are often bought by mistake.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I'm looking for a site or possibly a store I can go to, to buy Pokemon Emerald and Fire Red/Leaf Green for the GBA. I 'd like to avoid Ebay and Craig's List for it's numerous fake cartridges that are often bought by mistake.
I'd just recommend downloading an emulator like Visual Boy Advance and downloading the game off CoolROM. It's free, much easier, and much faster.

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
Years
I'd just recommend downloading an emulator like Visual Boy Advance and downloading the game off CoolROM. It's free, much easier, and much faster.
I would but I want to play them on my DS and be able to transfer them to my Soul Silver, unless there's some way to do that using an emulator?

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
I don't stand a GHOST of a chance.

So I'm replaying my Leaf Green and I'm wondering whether or not to evolve my Haunter before I face the League. See, my problem is that Haunter is my favorite ghost type but I really want the stat increase when I evolve it into Gengar. This, by itself, would not be so much of a problem if I wasn't so freaked out by Gengar. (Yes, I was scared pissless of it when I was a kid watching the original anime and its stuck with me up to this day).

It'll be the first time in any Pokemon game that I use Haunter in my final team, but beyond that, I'm contemplating trading it over to my Heart Gold and the to my White to use in competitive battles.

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back