The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
My name is Erica. I think for a few years I was really hesitant to share it but I got over that pretty quick.

I love my name a lot. The meaning is pretty cool "ever powerful, ever ruler" and it's not too common while not being so uncommon that no one recognizes it. (Although it is kind of annoying how Erica and Erika are equally common spellings so it's near impossible to get someone to spell my name right if the first Erica they met spelt her name with a K.)

I used to really want to change my name to Katherine when I was a kid because I thought it was a pretty name but now I don't think I even like it all that much. :x I can't really see myself changing my name and I have no idea what I'd pick if I had to. So luckily I'm happy with mine!

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 19th, 2012, 07:58 PM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Craige, but I don't like it too much, it never really stuck on me. But if I get a name change, I'll lose one of the few that things I identify with. Oh what to do :s
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:13 PM
The Grubby Pup
Where's mah shiny squeaky ball

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to The Grubby Pup
My Name
...Antoine; a common name...even tho, it can be spelled in a different way. Still...I happen to like the way my name's spelled.

My Comfort level, about the revealing of my Name
...Ya know, I honestly, have no prob sharing this online. I've shared it plenty of times with other people and whatnot.

My Feeling for my Name
I like my name...I wouldn't change it for da word.

My consideration of changin' my Name
Hell ta da effin Nah...There's none.
Old October 20th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Sylphiel

Nature: Quirky
My name's Jess. That's not the full version, but is usually what people call me anyway and is really the extent of how comfortable I am with giving out my name online. Part of the reason is the fact that I don't like my full name as much - though, oddly enough, I actually wouldn't change it just because it's just...well, it's my name. I've had it for long enough that changing it would seem too weird to me.

As for being comfortable with sharing it online, ehhh, I don't tend to offer it to people much. If the opportunity to say what it is comes up (such as a thread like this), I might take it, but for the most part if no one asks I won't ever give it.
Old October 20th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

My real name is David, it's an alright name but it's really common so pretty much everywhere I go there are other David's so things can get pretty confusing.

I'm not really that bothered about sharing my real name online, I don't even care about my last name either since everything I'd say online is something I'd say offline so I have no reason to be ashamed of what I say online. However it is a pretty weird feeling having someone I don't know and have never even seen before talk to me using my name.

I wouldn't change my name, I have thought about it but all the reasons why I'd change it are to make life easier for other people which to be honest is a stupid reason to change my name.

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old October 20th, 2012, 08:24 AM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
What is your real name? (Optional)
Jerry

Do you feel comfortable sharing it online?
Sure, why not.

Do you like it? Why/Why not?
Not really, it just kinda sounds weird when someone says my name

Would you change it? (If yes, to what?)
Even tho I don't like it, I don't think I would wanna change it
Old October 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Katalyst

Gabriel. No problem on sharing it as long as it's not my full name. I'm not particularly fond of it, but I don't dislike it either - and wouldn't change it.
Old October 21st, 2012, 08:34 PM
antemortem
resign to your demons

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
My real name is David and I used to be uncomfortable sharing it online but it'd be difficult to do anything with it if someone decided to revert to their stalker-ish ways. There's also no secrecy on the internet no matter how you look at it, so why not? I also would never change it if I had the chance, as I was named after my late grandfather, so the name has a lot of meaning to me.
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:50 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
From the Greek name Νικολαος (Nikolaos) which meant "victory of the people" from Greek νικη (nike) "victory" and λαος (laos) "people".
Same as Live and (Patch)Nick. I don't want to change it, but I don't want to be called by it online. It just bugs me, lol... the only person who calls me by it on here knows me IRL so it works out. The rest just call me Mac.
Old October 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
Endless
& give nothing back

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
My name is Ashley. When I was younger, I used to be afraid of sharing my name online due to some personal reasons. Fortunately, I'm no longer afraid of it. n_n I don't really like my name, but I don't hate it either. If I ever get the chance to change my name, I would change it to either Grace or Annabella (I love both of these names, so it'll be very hard to choose one).

Last edited by Endless; October 23rd, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old October 24th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Volcanix769
Known as the Quilava Guy!

Nature: Careful
Even if my first name is somewhat common and ok, I never want to reveal it. o-o People wanted to spread it around, so I chose on not to reveal it. But it fits me though and I really don't want to change it.
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Jordan. Kinda boring and unoriginal, I know.

Depends on the place. Here, yeah.

Yes and no. It's my name, so everyone knows it, but it's rather... Generic. I know of 3 or 4 other people with the same surname as I.

I've contemplated changing it, but I wouldn't know what I'd change it to.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Adventure
the girl who w a i t e d

Nature: Naive
It feels kinda cool to read through this thread and see what people you have seen around for years are really called. Because I never got to know them well enough to ask in person ^^ Some, I already knew of course.

I'm not at all comfortable with sharing my real name online, actually. Not on forums like this at least. It's got to do with me not really admitting to my offline friends that I like pokémon and anime and whatnot, and the fact that I might be the only person on this forum with my name and therefore rather easy to identify if someone for some inexplicable reason should come by it. I've got a nickname though, that most of my friends here know and call me. And it's not "Red".

I like my real name, but it sounds pretty horrid when pronounced in English xD the nickname I go by sounds a lot better. Really nice, actually. I wouldn't change my name. I guess maybe it would be nice to have a less unique last name, though. But at the same time, Like Audy said, it feels good to know that my name is mine alone.
be sure to check out PokéPOTW #24 .
moderator of POKéMON GENERAL .
and of the ROLEPLAY CORNER .
paired to a b n e g a t i o n .
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Wobbachomp
Donator Tier 1

Nature: Adamant
Harry

Yes

Yes I like it, but I could have a better name. Don't really have a reason for liking it.

Probably not, mainly because it was my grandfather's name aswell.
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Galukxy
→Not someday.Today is the day.

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Galukxy Send a message via Skype™ to Galukxy
Shaih-Marie.

Social networking websites and certain forums are fine. I'm okay with it on those.

I love my name; I'm so glad my parents chose such a name and not a simple or typical one.
I feel it's a rare one, too because I've never ever come across another person with the first half of my first name.

Would you change it?
Nope, never.

DA||MAL || Portfolio

Old October 25th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

Nature: Quirky
I'm named after a city, London. Don't mind sharing my name, because I'm rather fond of it.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

Nature: Relaxed
What is your real name?
Amanda.

Not really, especially when I'm pretty new here. I prefer not to share my real name unless it's on social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, but the people here seem friendly enough. Not like they're about to come to where I live and rob or stab me or anything like that lol. The one thing that you're never getting out of me is my family name. You're gonna have to find my Facebook or Twitter for that.

It's alright. It's a little too common, though. Would like it to be something a little more....unique.

Would you change it?
Yeah, perhaps. To Desiree or Hailey or something.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old October 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Arcturus.
Chews nails and spits napalm

Nature: Quiet
My name is James, but most people call me Jamie. I'm fine with giving out my name as long as it's just my first name. James is pretty common where I'm from, so I don't worry about it.
CSS|VM/PM|THEME
Old October 27th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Cid
Find your niche.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Cid Send a message via Skype™ to Cid
It's Patrick. I used to feel timid about revealing my first name just because someone I knew in person might find out that I hang around in a Pokémon forum, what with connecting the pieces of information I've dropped here and there, but I dropped that notion soon enough when I realized I was being a bit too paranoid. I only recently went around with saying it though, because I never felt the need to say it when Cid was way shorter anyway. I think it's better this way. After all, it's kind of awkward to have a username that sounds like Sydian's nickname, so yeah.

I'm okay with my name. I used to hate it because every school I've been in had at least one more known person named Patrick, which kind of makes it weird to hear the name out of the blue because you're likely to not be the one they're referring to. Now, I don't really mind anymore. And besides, it's pretty cool to have a famous saint with a day of its own as well as an equally famous starfish as namesakes. I probably won't change it either, just because it would be too weird to switch after years of dealing with it. I'll most likely trade my surname for another, though. Too specific.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here